PDA

View Full Version : Zito to the Mets?

getonbckthr
07-28-2006, 10:37 PM
Buster Olney on BBTN seems to think if the Mets offered either Milledge or a package around Heilmann they can get Zito. So I ask why can't we do say Sweeney and Liotta or Haegar for Zito. Then swing Javy somewhere else maybe for Flash or a huge deal for Tejada?

DickAllen72
07-28-2006, 10:40 PM
Buster Olney on BBTN seems to think if the Mets offered either Milledge or a package around Heilmann they can get Zito. So I ask why can't we do say Sweeney and Liotta or Haegar for Zito. Then swing Javy somewhere else maybe for Flash or a huge deal for Tejada?

Paulie, Jermaine & Jimmy said we don't need any help. :tongue:

getonbckthr
07-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Paulie, Jermaine & Jimmy said we don't need any help. :tongue:
They may have said it but Gload went out of his way to prove it.

Brian26
07-28-2006, 10:49 PM
Buster Olney on BBTN seems to think if the Mets offered either Milledge or a package around Heilmann they can get Zito.

Talk about desperate.

DickAllen72
07-28-2006, 11:01 PM
They may have said it but Gload went out of his way to prove it.

But I thought Gload is a waste of a roster spot...

getonbckthr
07-28-2006, 11:03 PM
But I thought Gload is a waste of a roster spot...
I still don't like Gload and feel his is a wasted roster spot, however I am greatful for tonight.

caulfield12
07-28-2006, 11:29 PM
Sweeney, Liotta and Haeger wouldn't net us Zito. Not even close.

We don't need Tom Gordon either. Have you seen the weapons our bullpen has right now? Gordon MIGHT be the 4th option out of the pen the way he has been pitching in PHILLY recently.

Domeshot17
07-28-2006, 11:51 PM
we can offer that but heres the problem

Liotta and Heager are viewed as pretty good specs by other teams

Sweeney the same

none of those 3 are close to level of lastings or pelfry. Pelfry is a future number 1 by all accounts, and lastings has a chance to be a multi time all star. We dont know even know if Sweeney can be an everyday OF and if Liotta and Heager will ever break the bigs.