PDA

View Full Version : Info on Orioles' starter for tomorrow

caulfield12
07-28-2006, 09:15 PM
http://washingtontimes.com/sports/20060630-121945-8968r.htm

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=462382

RHP James Johnson, Chen Sunday

Rossie has to play LF, RF or 1B tomorrow....

14 for his last 29!!!

russ99
07-28-2006, 09:22 PM
I really can't figure out Chen. He was a horrible starter for years in the NL, but since he's been pitching in Baltimore, he's been putting up pretty good numbers.

I hope the Sox can expand his ERA on Sunday. :D:

caulfield12
07-28-2006, 09:25 PM
He was definitely "spotty" when he came up with the Braves....maybe erratic is more the word.

The Braves have produced a ton of these guys they couldn't even keep...Odalis Perez, Schmidt, Millwood, Chen.

Ol' No. 2
07-28-2006, 11:22 PM
I really can't figure out Chen. He was a horrible starter for years in the NL, but since he's been pitching in Baltimore, he's been putting up pretty good numbers.

I hope the Sox can expand his ERA on Sunday. :D:Chen put up pretty decent numbers in the bullpen. When he was starting he blew chunks. This will be his first start since May.

batmanZoSo
07-28-2006, 11:28 PM
RHP James Johnson, Chen Sunday

...i.e. should be a sweep.

Ol' No. 2
07-28-2006, 11:34 PM
...i.e. should be a sweep.Unfortunately, the Sox do not have a good history with pitchers making their major-league debuts.:(: At least he's not a lefty.

batmanZoSo
07-28-2006, 11:48 PM
Unfortunately, the Sox do not have a good history with pitchers making their major-league debuts.:(: At least he's not a lefty.

Dark cloud! :D:

SoxyStu
07-29-2006, 12:06 AM
Unfortunately, the Sox do not have a good history with pitchers making their major-league debuts.:(: At least he's not a lefty.

Yes, this had been their history..but I thought for some reason this year they had been better against these rookies.

SABRSox
07-29-2006, 01:23 AM

Just throwing this out there, as I'm not familiar with the advance scouts for the Sox, but shouldn't some of the onus be put on them for this unfortunate history with rookie pitchers. I understand that it's difficult for players to adjust to a pitcher they've never seen, but you'd have to think that after the second or third time seeing him, our guys should be able to hit him. Especially if they've got a scouting report that says to look for a specific pitch.

Sadly, it seems that we make rookies look like Cy Young, and then the next week, same rookie pitcher gets lit up by the Royals.

FedEx227
07-29-2006, 02:39 AM

Oh god... I remember a D-Rays/White Sox game I went to Danny Wright vs. Doug Waechter... we made him look like the next big thing. Not to mention Rheinecker earlier this year against Texas. :(:

caulfield12
07-29-2006, 07:01 AM
On the other side of the coin, we've traditionally come out to scratch and claw against the best starters in the league, especially those with 95+ fastballs or big reputations.

Since Bowie is in the Eastern League, there's probably a little less information about him with our scouts than if he were in the Southern League.

However, with all the rumors flying around, you know the White Sox have had plenty of scouts over the last two months looking at the talent on every team in the league in the minors (although they should be looking at ours if we were interested in Tejada).