PDA

View Full Version : Rangers want Tejada??

getonbckthr
07-28-2006, 09:10 PM
Did they ever hear of pitching? Stark is saying Tejada is gone by the weekend most likely Texas.

russ99
07-28-2006, 09:17 PM
Did they ever hear of pitching? Stark is saying Tejada is gone by the weekend most likely Texas.

From my Houston sources, there's rumblings that the Astros are prepared to make a significant offer for Tejada. Their GM's job is on the line because of their horrible season.

caulfield12
07-28-2006, 10:28 PM
And maybe the fact that they've scored about 7 runs for Clemens since he came on board.

getonbckthr
07-28-2006, 10:29 PM
Sounds like Blalock, SS prospect and a pitching prospect for Tejada is the deal by the end of the weekend. Tejada would shift to 3rd.

mjmcend
07-28-2006, 10:34 PM

We got the best pitcher traded so far this year in McDogoul. Doubt he would have single-handedly solved all thier pitching woes. If you can't pitch better than them, then just score a million runs. That would be a hell of a lineup with Sarge Jr., Kinsler, Young, Big Tex, C. Lee, Tejada. or whatever the hell order they go with.

getonbckthr
07-28-2006, 10:37 PM
We got the best pitcher traded so far this year in McDogoul. Doubt he would have single-handedly solved all thier pitching woes. If you can't pitch better than them, then just score a million runs. That would be a hell of a lineup with Sarge Jr., Kinsler, Young, Big Tex, C. Lee, Tejada. or whatever the hell order they go with.
Ya but remember pitching wins championships.

rowand33
07-28-2006, 10:40 PM
their pitching sucks still, mind you, but with Tejada, imagine this lineup (I don't even know where certain guys should bat!):

Matthews, Jr. CF
Young SS
Tejada 3B
Lee DH
Teixera 1B
Kinsler 2B
DeRosa RF
Wilkerson LF
Barrajas C

amazing. that 1-5 is unbelievable.

Sargeant79
07-28-2006, 11:49 PM
their pitching sucks still, mind you, but with Tejada, imagine this lineup (I don't even know where certain guys should bat!):

Matthews, Jr. CF
Young SS
Tejada 3B
Lee DH
Teixera 1B
Kinsler 2B
DeRosa RF
Wilkerson LF
Barrajas C

amazing. that 1-5 is unbelievable.

That is a damn scary lineup...

Ol' No. 2
07-28-2006, 11:55 PM
That is a damn scary lineup...So is this:

Millwood
Koronka
Padilla
Reinecker
Wasdin

Domeshot17
07-29-2006, 12:11 AM
Wasdin looked like Cy Young against us

Tragg
07-29-2006, 08:42 AM
The Astros want to trade everyday players for him...some combination of Morgan Ensberg, Adam Everett maybe Lidge and a couple of other guys. Their payroll is over 100 million right now.

russ99
07-29-2006, 09:42 AM
The Astros want to trade everyday players for him...some combination of Morgan Ensberg, Adam Everett maybe Lidge and a couple of other guys. Their payroll is over 100 million right now.

I've heard Lidge, Lane and Ensberg for him, then they'd play Tejada at 3B. I'm not sure they could get him without giving up top prospects Hirsh, Patton and/or Pence, since he's not an FA this offseason.

0o0o0
07-29-2006, 09:51 AM
So is this:

Millwood
Koronka
Padilla
Reinecker
Wasdin

:o: That's as unreal as that lineup would be.

Tragg
07-29-2006, 10:03 AM
I've heard Lidge, Lane and Ensberg for him, then they'd play Tejada at 3B. I'm not sure they could get him without giving up top prospects Hirsh, Patton and/or Pence, since he's not an FA this offseason. You're probably right about that...but they'll want to offset that payroll (McClain will want) so a couple of those players will go to. I really think Housotn would like to deal Lidge...they are adept as an organziation at developing set-up guys and closers.

My hesitancy on Tejada for the Sox is that I wonder if he can still play SS (he's never been that great at it). But if the Astros can get him for Lidge and Ensberg and keep their 4 or 5 best prospects, that would be a pretty sharp trade for them.
The Astros aren't going anywhere this year....I'd trade Petit, Preston Wilson and do something to break up that awful offensive bottom of the lineup (Ausmus, Everett).

caulfield12
07-29-2006, 10:04 AM
Lane, Ensberg and Everett could also be the deal.

soxfanreggie
07-30-2006, 09:08 AM
Imagine how scary the Rangers would actually be if they went out and got 2 good FA starters.

jabrch
07-30-2006, 09:37 AM
I'm assuming Uribe, McCarthy and Rogowski wouldn't be enough?

areilly
07-30-2006, 01:11 PM
Why is everyone so down on adding offense? As has been stated a million times already: THERE IS NO TOP-TIER PITCHING AVAILABLE FOR TRADE RIGHT NOW. Teams are going to have to make whatever moves they can to strengthen their team; if not through the arms then through the bats and the gloves.

If they can pull it off - and that's a big if, because this isn't the first time we've heard that Tejada was on the move - I think Texas will have done a very smart thing indeed, and at least given themselves the best chance they can this season.