PDA

View Full Version : Dog Tonight????!

WMG
07-28-2006, 05:17 PM
The Sox are a slight underdog in vegas tonight.

Obviously, they struggle against Bedard and lefties in general, and Freddie has looked pretty umm, "wounded" of late (oh hell, most of this year)....

I am sure this is pure homer but I really think the Sox are going to turn things around this series and you have to like anytime you are getting more than even money agains the Orioles.... right?

QCIASOXFAN
07-28-2006, 05:27 PM
So your saying its safe for me to throw a dime on it.:tongue:

WMG
07-28-2006, 05:32 PM
The smart money must be ALL OVER the O's because I would think chicago homer $ must be flowing in like the mighty mississippi.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-28-2006, 05:34 PM
Mabye the Sox are.....Crooked.........:cool:

Timmy D's
07-28-2006, 05:58 PM
I've refrained from talkin about that here, as I was afraid it may be frowned upon, but since it's outa the bag temporarilly, I played dolla Sox +102, dollah Over 9, and half dolla par Sox and Over for my jones tonight.:cool:

WMG
07-28-2006, 06:10 PM
I wasn't really talking about actually betting the game, just that I thought 90% of chicago thinks the sox are do for a win and the line still favors orioles (ps. it just moved to even money for the sox, it was as high as + 115, maybe I influenced a few bettors). With Chicago prolly having at least 80% of the homer bettors on this game I would have guessed the line to be somewhere around -125.

StockdaleForVeep
07-29-2006, 04:32 AM
Gee if i bet the world series now, im sure id get better odds than i did beginning of the season and maybe even better than what i bet last year at 16\1

Timmy D's
07-29-2006, 05:15 AM
Haaa, I have a +4500(on a clean 100 bet) ticket framed(well a copy of it at least) The best part of the whole thing was I got a snobby giggle from the pompous teller at the sports book when I made the bet(at super bowl time, Jan 05'), soooooo I made sure I went back to the same guy(I waited 2 days to catch his shift) I said, remember me, he said no, I said cash this, he said ok whooooaaaahhh!!!, I said thanks and left a $1.00 bill tip on the counter for him.:wink: Ya cant put a price on that!!! I play the Soxc every year, so this wasnt like genious for me or anything I'm claiming, just the one future bet that worked.

Anyways, Stockdale, I only got 14-1 this year whaen I was out there, but hey hey on a good note I had a side and total winner, and a cheeky parlay to boot tonight!!!!:gulp:

StockdaleForVeep
07-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Haaa, I have a +4500(on a clean 100 bet) ticket framed(well a copy of it at least) The best part of the whole thing was I got a snobby giggle from the pompous teller at the sports book when I made the bet(at super bowl time, Jan 05'), soooooo I made sure I went back to the same guy(I waited 2 days to catch his shift) I said, remember me, he said no, I said cash this, he said ok whooooaaaahhh!!!, I said thanks and left a $1.00 bill tip on the counter for him.:wink: Ya cant put a price on that!!! I play the Soxc every year, so this wasnt like genious for me or anything I'm claiming, just the one future bet that worked.

Anyways, Stockdale, I only got 14-1 this year whaen I was out there, but hey hey on a good note I had a side and total winner, and a cheeky parlay to boot tonight!!!!:gulp:

I made my bet day before st pattys day 05, i was talked out of bettin the series at 25-1 so i bet the division 16-1, bet 25, made 400, its alright tho, i mean it woulda only been 300 or so more.

This year i got such crap odds same time(friends went out same time, i made my bets) 25 on the sox to win the series at what i wanna say 6-1? Ugh, i also have bet the brewers for the NL pennant, long shot and had higher odds than the phillies so i took a shot.

Every year i get screwed outta march madness. This year i had 10 on gonzaga, if they won the whole thing i woulda won 700, and 05 i had 50 on duke all the way

MarySwiss
07-29-2006, 12:32 PM
I made my bet day before st pattys day 05, i was talked out of bettin the series at 25-1 so i bet the division 16-1, bet 25, made 400, its alright tho, i mean it woulda only been 300 or so more.

This year i got such crap odds same time(friends went out same time, i made my bets) 25 on the sox to win the series at what i wanna say 6-1? Ugh, i also have bet the brewers for the NL pennant, long shot and had higher odds than the phillies so i took a shot.

Every year i get screwed outta march madness. This year i had 10 on gonzaga, if they won the whole thing i woulda won 700, and 05 i had 50 on duke all the way

Yeah, I have a copy of my $3000 ticket from Feb. 05. I also got crap odds for this year, although a bit better than yours--5-1 on ALCS and 10-1 on Series. I bet $50 and $100, though, so it will still be a good payday. I was going to bet the Jays, but they were only 10-1, so I passed and I'm kicking myself for it. When I had back to Laughlin in a few weeks to bet the Bears, I'll probably throw a little something down on the Jays as well.