PDA

View Full Version : It starts tonight...

seventyseven
07-28-2006, 01:11 PM
...Bedard has pitched very well against us in his career, he's been outstanding since the beginning of June, and will force our hitters (especially Konerko and Dye) to have a different mindset at the plate to take better swings. Hopefully this leads to more consistent hitting throughout the lineup.

...Freddy has just about turned the corner and is due for a entirely dominant outing against an undisciplined Oriole lineup, and hopefully our other starters (save Garland) follow his lead.

Here's a big ray of ****ing sunshine for that dark cloud over there.

Let's get 'er going tonight!

Playah
07-28-2006, 01:33 PM
:winner

I'm posting it preemptively. Damn the jinx worries, not like things can get much worse :)

nysox35
07-28-2006, 01:37 PM
Here's a big ray of ****ing sunshine for that dark cloud over there.

Let's get 'er going tonight!

Careful, that phrase has started a few fights here.
:D:

Go Sox

rowand33
07-28-2006, 01:38 PM

I'm posting it preemptively. Damn the jinx worries, not like things can get much worse :)

when the sox won ALDS game 1, I was so pumped up by our 13 runs that I went out to the bars to party it up after the game.

My cubs fan friend said to me, "celebrating a game 1 victory... don't you think that's bad luck?"

my reply

"No, it's bad luck if Mark Buehrle goes out and gets drunk tonight. What I do has no effect on the team."

no such thing as a jinx.

thus, let's go all out:

:twinslose

rdwj
07-28-2006, 01:44 PM
No better time than now. Our playoff lives are on the line. First step - back in the playoff picture, next step - put some space between. Then who knows - the Tigers may be close enough to catch

jenn2080
07-28-2006, 01:53 PM

way to get ahead of yourself

0o0o0
07-28-2006, 02:04 PM
no such thing as a jinx.

thus, let's go all out:

:indianslose

...because it was there.

soxfan13
07-28-2006, 02:27 PM
:indianslose

...because it was there.

Dont forget Yankees Lose!!! then it would be the perfect nite:smile:

jenn2080
07-28-2006, 02:44 PM

while we are at lets hope for the red sox to lose too

4th Gen. Sox Fan
07-28-2006, 03:00 PM
And a Tigers loss would be nice

rowand33
07-28-2006, 03:02 PM
And a Tigers loss would be nice

well, both the tigers and twins can't lose...

nysox35
07-28-2006, 03:02 PM
while we are at lets hope for the red sox to lose too

Amen to that!

The Yankees are my #2 team (weird I know...Dad grew up a fan of them and I've lived out here for a while and always followed them), so ultimately I'd like to see them win the division, Boston stay home, we win the division and whoever gets the wild card.

I do a partial season ticket package w/ NYY that allows me 2 tickets to each playoff series.

Last year I would've had ALCS game 4 - CWS @ NYY, but they had to go and muck it up against LA.
However, I got to attend WS game 2 at Comiskey, so it worked out just fine! :smile:

Deebs14
07-28-2006, 03:04 PM
I hate most of these teams anyways, so it makes rooting for them to lose that much easier. :D:

Playah
07-28-2006, 03:08 PM
when the sox won ALDS game 1, I was so pumped up by our 13 runs that I went out to the bars to party it up after the game.

My cubs fan friend said to me, "celebrating a game 1 victory... don't you think that's bad luck?"

my reply

"No, it's bad luck if Mark Buehrle goes out and gets drunk tonight. What I do has no effect on the team."

no such thing as a jinx.

thus, let's go all out:

Extremely well put!

Playah
07-28-2006, 03:10 PM
I also think we should all collectively stop worrying about what other teams do, win or lose. We've been watching for that Detroit pot to boil for a while and it's not happening so let's just get behind OUR team and let whatever will happen happen.

nevr say dye sox
07-28-2006, 03:16 PM
any one else look at the yankess schedule in Aug. if we can get hot, starting Aug 18th the Yanks have a 5 game series with Boston due to a Friday day/night double header and We have a 4 game set with Minn. We can really control our own destiny.:cool: Lets get a win tonight and start our roll!

slobes
07-28-2006, 03:52 PM
I think it's all in Freddy's hands tonight. If he keeps us in it, we win. Go get em Freddy.

FoulTerritory
07-28-2006, 04:30 PM
I just logged on with the intent of starting this very thread. Glad to see someone beat me to it. Tonight is the night we get back into it.

I'm thinking of the Top Gun line, "Maverick, re-engage! Get back in this fight Mav! Re-engage!"

Thus, I deem tonight the night that we re-engage.

4th Gen. Sox Fan
07-28-2006, 04:37 PM
well, both the tigers and twins can't lose...
Sorry about that, I hadn't checked the schedule yet

ChiSoxFan7
07-28-2006, 04:42 PM
I just logged on with the intent of starting this very thread. Glad to see someone beat me to it. Tonight is the night we get back into it.

I'm thinking of the Top Gun line, "Maverick, re-engage! Get back in this fight Mav! Re-engage!"

:rolling:

"all the other bogey's are bugging out, sir..."

1951Campbell
07-28-2006, 05:16 PM

No need to remind everybody that the plaque for second place is in the ladies' room.

FoulTerritory
07-29-2006, 01:14 AM
Maverick has re-engaged.