PDA

View Full Version : Another day, another Ozzie story

caulfield12
07-27-2006, 06:55 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-060726soxduncan,1,6420570.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

The Racehorse
07-27-2006, 07:36 PM
I love the headline...

Who's lying? Duncan, Guillen spar anew

:whocares

... first time I've ever used the Gary Coleman tag, LOL!

jenn2080
07-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Trib must have nothing better to write about

Ol' No. 2
07-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Trib must have nothing better to write aboutYou say that like you're surprised.:wink:

DickAllen72
07-27-2006, 08:07 PM
Maybe Ozzie was talking about Dave Duncan.

southside rocks
07-28-2006, 07:33 AM
You know, the other day Ozzie made a comment in passing that stuck with me -- he said something after the Andy Van Slyke nonsense, and it was to the effect that "Hey, I never go around talking about other managers, coaches, etc., and I don't comment about how they handle their teams."

You know what? He doesn't. I can't think of one time that I've heard Ozzie come out with a comment about a manager or coach on another team unless that individual has said something about Ozzie. Has he done that and I've missed it? If I'm wrong, please correct me!

Yet other teams personnel feel no compunction about airing their opinions of Ozzie when he dresses down his player(s) or when he jaws about beanballs.

Ozzie doesn't engage in a war of personalities with other coaches and managers. They do, with him. And yet, again, it's always Ozzie's fault, in the media.

That's so bogus. Time for the Trib, Duncan, Van Slyke, and the rest of them to ****.

soxfan43
07-28-2006, 02:17 PM
Check this load of crap out from MSNBC about Ozzie. I've read this guys columns before, most of them sound crazy like this one.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14063908/

itsnotrequired
07-28-2006, 02:21 PM
Check this load of crap out from MSNBC about Ozzie. I've read this guys columns before, most of them sound crazy like this one.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14063908/

At least he has a sporty hat.:rolleyes:

Ozzie abuses his players? That's news to me...

Corlose 15
07-28-2006, 02:33 PM
At least he has a sporty hat.:rolleyes:

Ozzie abuses his players? That's news to me...

Hmm, that must be why the players always say they love playing for him. Because they're scared of him.:rolleyes:

Also, who else is sick of him being compared to Billy Martin? Its like the damn media can't get a grasp of who Ozzie is unless they somehow compare him to the Yankees.

bludupree
07-28-2006, 03:38 PM
I liked how he backed up his statements about players getting sick of Ozzie's act.

caulfield12
07-28-2006, 03:42 PM
I wonder if that guy has ever even been in the White Sox clubhouse or interviewed a single player.

I kind of doubt it...and I also wonder if this same guy was one of many saying Ozzie's methods last year would get old and he would lose his team.

Where was this guy when the team was winning a ton of games in a row in the midst of the first controversy? Did he also take a look at the schedule we played through...under ideal circumstances, a .500 record would be the most one would expect during that part of the schedule. It's not like we are losing to KC, Baltimore and TB game after game.

southside rocks
07-28-2006, 03:52 PM
People get REALLY uncomfortable with people like Ozzie who display emotion readily. This is true in corporate America, where I spend my days, and it's true in many professional sports. Since the days of Jim Bouton and before, the outspoken individuals have been viewed with alarm and suspicion. The Joe Torre/Dusty Baker types, who wouldn't say bleep if they had a mouth full, are preferred.

Well, maybe the White Sox players will read that and decide to show up this yahoo and kick it into overdrive for Ozzie. That'd be a good thing.