PDA

View Full Version : * Official * Grinder Bash Reports & Reviews

StillMissOzzie
07-27-2006, 07:05 PM
I just started this thread so everyone that is going to the premier Grinder Bash tonight (Thursday, 7/27) can give us Friday and Saturday invitees a report of what we can expect.

What's to see & do?
What's the menu?
What former player(s) are there?

Inquiring minds want to know...

SMO
:?:

dickallen15
07-27-2006, 07:42 PM
The food will be the same as you get at patio parties. Chicken, ribs , burgers, hot dogs and pasta salads. Beer and soft drinks to drink. You will be able to see the WS trophy. I believe they will have that on the fan deck. You will be able to roam the OF as long as its not raining. You will be able to go in the dugouts, and you most likely will get to go into the visitor's clubhouse. Moose, Minnie, Melton, Pall, Kittle, Pasqua, May, Pierce...those are the former players still on the payroll so a couple of them will be there for autographs. They will have drawings for prizes, although winner need not be present, and will have souvenir stands set up with some decent discounts. They also will probably give you something when you leave, like extra ponchos from poncho night.

WS in 05
07-27-2006, 07:50 PM
The food will be the same as you get at patio parties. Chicken, ribs , burgers, hot dogs and pasta salads. Beer and soft drinks to drink. You will be able to see the WS trophy. I believe they will have that on the fan deck. You will be able to roam the OF as long as its not raining. You will be able to go in the dugouts, and you most likely will get to go into the visitor's clubhouse. Moose, Minnie, Melton, Pall, Kittle, Pasqua, May, Pierce...those are the former players still on the payroll so a couple of them will be there for autographs. They will have drawings for prizes, although winner need not be present, and will have souvenir stands set up with some decent discounts. They also will probably give you something when you leave, like extra ponchos from poncho night.

lets hope they handed these out when people got there. Lets hope it isn't raining saturday from 10-1

Sox35th
07-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Dose anyone know if you can bring kids without a tix?? I have two tixs for myself as well as for my wife, but I have a one-month-old that I guess that I can bring in without a tix?

Anyone have any feedback?? (again.........my son is just four weeks old)

Thanks......

FoulkeFan
07-27-2006, 08:27 PM
Dose anyone know if you can bring kids without a tix?? I have two tixs for myself as well as for my wife, but I have a one-month-old that I guess that I can bring in without a tix?

Anyone have any feedback?? (again.........my son is just four weeks old)

Thanks......

I didn't go yet but my rep said that the rules for whether or not a kid needs a ticket are the same as they are at a game. So you should be fine with a 4-week old!

salty99
07-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Just got back. GET THERE EARLY! The line for will call if you don't have your ticket was INSANE! I didn't get on the field because by the time I got in and ate it started raining and they closed the field access off. I got to visit the visitng clubhouse, the scout seat lounge, the bullpen bar, and the patio. They moved the trophy to a different location but the line was insane so I skipped it. The clubhouse was nice, but smallish. All the food they have in there is amazing, soda machines, ice cream coolers, any candy you would want. The clubhuose guy said the Rangers even played football in there with 15 guys going at it. All in all it was fun even with the crappy weather. Oh well and the tunnel area is like 100 degrees. The funniest part was I saw Carlos May standing by a garbage can outside the park, so I pulled over jumped out and got his autograph. No standing in line for me!

EDIT: Menu was fried chicken, spicy fried chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers, ribs, potato salad, pasta salad and cole slaw.

Brian26
07-27-2006, 09:40 PM
The clubhouse was nice, but smallish. All the food they have in there is amazing, soda machines, ice cream coolers, any candy you would want.

:KW
"I especially like the buffet tables."

Meixner007
07-27-2006, 09:44 PM
The whole thing kicked ass. Food and drinks exactly like the patio parties that we have, plus you can get them in the BPSB. Visitor's club house was the highlight. Everything was just awesome. I just wandered around like a little kid, awestruck.

chisoxmike
07-27-2006, 09:46 PM
Go to the Clubhouse and Scout Seat Resturant at the END of the "Bash" no lines. My brother and I were told at 7:25 no more people in the clubhouse, at 7:45 we walked back over there and were let in. Also, there was NO line for the Scout Seat Resturant after 7:30. Be smart. And don't waste time in line, if the Sox are going to give you something for free (food & drink) take full advantage of it!!!!!!!

salty99
07-27-2006, 09:49 PM
There was no line for the scout seat restaurant pretty much the whole night once people realized the trophy wasn't there. The clubhouse line was longer, but it moved fast.

MeteorsSox4367
07-27-2006, 11:23 PM
My brother and I were lucky, I guess. When we were waiting to get in, two Sox employees were passing out wristbands for field access. We ended up in the first group that was on the field from 5-5:25 before it started pouring.

We played catch in left-center and in the visitors' bullpen. My shoulder hurts likes hell but it was worth it. We also took pictures in the outfield, against the wall (Stretch!!!) and in the Sox dugout.

I got Carlos May's autograph on a ball in the Scout Seats bar, which was great because the AC was cranked and they have a glass shrine with all kinds of Sox memorabilia. My brother asked me if I were going to cry because they had AJ's shinguards from last season in there.

The visitors' clubhouse is pretty big and they have a plethora of candy, chips, seeds and beverages for them to consume.

The trophy was on the concourse behind Section 119. The line was long, but moved reasonably well. Waiting a half-hour wasn't too bad. I'm thinking of having my Christmas card feature the picture of me and the trophy on the front.

The food in the patio area was good and the pop and beer was flowing. My brother finished off his share of free Miller Lite. They also had a fine selection of box wine.

In all, it was well worth it. Seeing the trophy was damn sweet, meeting Carlos May was cool and playing catch in left-center and in the bullpen was something I'll not forget.

SOX ADDICT '73
07-27-2006, 11:28 PM
WOW! This was one of the coolest experiences of my life. Playing catch with my brother on the outfield grass, sitting in the Sox dugout, crouching behind home plate in the bullpen, picking up a handful of infield dirt and letting it sift through my fingers...these are things I will never forget.

I don't think we got there terribly early (4:45, with the gates opening at 5pm), but we were able to score bracelets for the second (and, as it turned out, last) outfield session. I felt bad for the folks who had gotten bracelets for later times, and had even waited in line, only to have the rain spoil that part of their evening. Having the second session worked out well in another way: we got our photos taken with the trophy as soon as we were let in, before the line got nuts.

The food, as always, was superb; the opposing clubhouse was very cool to see, as was the Scout Seat Lounge; and to top off the evening, my brother won the last of the raffle prizes! Getting a photo of him with his name on the scoreboard behind him was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Thank you to the White Sox organization for hosting this special event!

salty99
07-27-2006, 11:46 PM
Oh yeah I uploaded some pictures that are awaiting approval.

MUsoxfan
07-28-2006, 01:11 AM
I had a wonderful experience. I took my brother and I rarely ever take him to anything. We got there slightly past 5 with the option of the 5:30-5:55 slot on the field and we passed it up for the 6-6:25 slot. That was my biggest regret as raindrops and the Sodfather don't get along. :(:

Food was great. Free beer was great. The tour of the visitor's clubhouse was the best. The highlight for me was the large amount of large dents on the restroom door entering the clubhouse. I love that the Sox have inflicted that much pain on other teams.

P.S.--> Did anyone else notice the extraordinary amount of junk food in the clubhouse. One could hardly blame any player for being fat:redneck

soltrain21
07-28-2006, 02:02 AM
It was awesome. I wish my brother and I would have brought our gloves, but oh well. We got to do everything and had an hour to spare. I felt bad for the people who didn't get on the field, though.

http://photos-456.facebook.com/ip004/v38/243/89/64600611/n64600611_30142456_4753.jpg

Javy isn't going six on my watch.

buehrle4cy05
07-28-2006, 02:05 AM
Was Carlos May the only one signing?

Sox of White
07-28-2006, 02:07 AM
Definitely a great time, although I was very disappointed that I did not get to play catch on the field. Free food and beer was awesome of course, and we got Andrea Voves to let us wear her ring. Don't know who she is, but she is awesome!!! She helped create my new favorite picture.

MUsoxfan
Was Carlos May the only one signing?

Yeah, and if it was possible to look negatively interested he accomplished it

CLR01
Please use the photo gallery for picture.

Sox of White
07-28-2006, 02:10 AM
We got there slightly past 5 with the option of the 5:30-5:55 slot on the field and we passed it up for the 6-6:25 slot. That was my biggest regret as raindrops and the Sodfather don't get along. :(:

I did that too, woops.

itsnotrequired
07-28-2006, 09:07 AM
I went last night with skottyj242. Some advice to avoid the Clubhouse and Scout Lounge lines is to immediately go get a field access bracelet for a later session (we got ours for 6:30). This gives you the time to go see other stuff before your session. After we got our bracelets, we went to the Clubhouse and Scout lines and there was absolutely no lines. Carlos May was signing autographs in the Scout Lounge and that line was only about 15 people deep when we walked through there (around 5:30ish). Alas, the rain foiled our on-field plans so we didn't get to see the field or dugouts. Shouldn't be a problem though as I am going again tonight.:cool:

Agreed on getting there early for Will Call. We drove by the line and I thought it was the line to get in (we had our tickets already). In turns out there wasn't a line to get in at all so it looks like a LOT of people were doing Will Call. The trophy line was pretty long but I've seen that bad boy enough that I didn't need to stand around.

tebman
07-28-2006, 11:18 AM
:thumbsup:

Great time! My son and I were there, and like so many others, we weren't able to go on the field because of the rain. But we saw everything else there was to see and enjoyed the abundant food and drink.

Ran into itsnotrequired, DumpJerry and soxstarter as we prowled the ballpark. I did see chisoxmike in the dugout, though he was across the crowd and I wasn't able to yak with him. My son took 91 pictures on his digital camera (a record), and I took 25 or so on my low-tech disposable camera. He and I will be doing an extensive review of our pictures for the unlucky ones in our household who weren't able to be there.

For those who are going Friday and Saturday, heed the advice that was given in the previous posts. There will be lines to see the trophy, to get into the clubhouse, and to get the food. Just know that before you get in and make the best use of your time. You won't be disappointed.

Jerko
07-28-2006, 11:23 AM
Good thread idea SMO. Food lines anywhere are always the worst; I'm convinced people will eat anything if it's free and there's enough of it. Being at a bunch of group leader/season ticket holder parties, it sounds like the only "new" area (well, "new" meaning I haven't seen it) is the scout seat lounge. I'll have to check it out. I'd love to play catch on the field but we've done that before so maybe I can skip that and wait in line to see the trophy, even though I saw it a bunch of times at city hall. Sounds like a blast though; I can't wait. Hey is the gift shop behind home plate gonna be open? I have a gift card from there so maybe I can use it tomorrow. Thanks for the updates/suggestions everyone.

Meixner007
07-28-2006, 11:51 AM
When I got in I went straight for the beer. Double fist it if you want. Then go get a bracelet for field access. Just go to the table with the shortest line and go for that time (assuming weather is nice all else should be equal). If you need another beer go get it and sit on the outside patio tables or the "ground level" patio tables in RF. Grab some dirt through the fence. Most of us should have seen the trophy plenty of times by now so skip that. Make sure you get to the opposing team's dugout. Check out the Scout Lounge. The key is to finally grab food around 7...the lines were all but non existant and it worked out perfectly. And I forgot go check out the conference room where Oz gives is interviews.

skottyj242
07-28-2006, 11:54 AM
I went last night with skottyj242. Some advice to avoid the Clubhouse and Scout Lounge lines is to immediately go get a field access bracelet for a later session (we got ours for 6:30). This gives you the time to go see other stuff before your session. After we got our bracelets, we went to the Clubhouse and Scout lines and there was absolutely no lines. Carlos May was signing autographs in the Scout Lounge and that line was only about 15 people deep when we walked through there (around 5:30ish). Alas, the rain foiled our on-field plans so we didn't get to see the field or dugouts. Shouldn't be a problem though as I am going again tonight.:cool:

Agreed on getting there early for Will Call. We drove by the line and I thought it was the line to get in (we had our tickets already). In turns out there wasn't a line to get in at all so it looks like a LOT of people were doing Will Call. The trophy line was pretty long but I've seen that bad boy enough that I didn't need to stand around.

Yeah, what he said.

Kuzman
07-28-2006, 01:03 PM
Where do you go to get wristbands for the field? I've got tickets for tommrorow and want to make a bee-line for that :D:

Meixner007
07-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Center field gate. Walk like you're going to the patio party but keep going...there are signs everywhere as well.

IronFisk
07-28-2006, 02:09 PM
DUMB QUESTION - I got my tickets, but never RSVP'ed. Am I SOL, or were they checking for your name?

salty99
07-28-2006, 02:13 PM
DUMB QUESTION - I got my tickets, but never RSVP'ed. Am I SOL, or were they checking for your name?

If you don't have the tickets from ticketmaster you are SOL.

INSox56
07-28-2006, 02:20 PM
Pretty sure you're screwed bro. After you rsvp, they send you ticketmaster-like tickets in addition to the big invites.

QUESTION, WHERE'S THE BEER AT THE PARTY?

IronFisk
07-28-2006, 02:20 PM
If you don't have the tickets from ticketmaster you are SOL.

Ah-k, so you need tickets and the card from the mail to get it?

Pasqua's Posers
07-28-2006, 02:22 PM
umm..not to sound like an idiot, but when/where was the information on this "Grinder Bash" posted? I didn't get that memo...

Iwritecode
07-28-2006, 03:02 PM
umm..not to sound like an idiot, but when/where was the information on this "Grinder Bash" posted? I didn't get that memo...

I didn't get invited either so don't feel bad. I think it's only for ST holders, those who participated in Dog Day, and those who booked suites and patio parties.

IronFisk
07-28-2006, 03:05 PM
and those who are Sox Pride Club members.

Ol' No. 2
07-28-2006, 03:07 PM
I didn't get invited either so don't feel bad. I think it's only for ST holders, those who participated in Dog Day, and those who booked suites and patio parties.I got two pairs. One for yesterday and one for tonight. One was for my ST account, but I have no idea why I got a second one. I wonder if it was for people who booked the package at Soxfest?

itsnotrequired
07-28-2006, 03:09 PM
I got two pairs. One for yesterday and one for tonight. One was for my ST account, but I have no idea why I got a second one. I wonder if it was for people who booked the package at Soxfest?

Same here. The back of the card makes it sound like anyone who even participated in a group outing got an invite. I'd have to imagine that would be quite a lot of people but who knows. I know I'm not complaining for getting to go twice.:cool:

itsnotrequired
07-28-2006, 03:11 PM
Pretty sure you're screwed bro. After you rsvp, they send you ticketmaster-like tickets in addition to the big invites.

QUESTION, WHERE'S THE BEER AT THE PARTY?

Beer is on tap in the Bullpen Sports Bar and the Patio Party area only. No beer available in the Scout Lounge but they have soda in there (you can bring beer in the Scout Lounge though). No food or drink is allowed on the field or in the visitor clubhouse. MGD or Miller Lite.

nug0hs
07-28-2006, 03:24 PM
Does anyone remember the URL to see pictures that a member from the team takes? I feel like it might have been www.whitesox.com/fanphoto (http://www.whitesox.com/fanphoto) but that website is just taking me to the MLB.com gallery. I knew I shouldnt have gotten rid of that card they gave me....

Edit: I found the images for the day but the gallery I need is not available :(

lizard6king6
07-28-2006, 03:27 PM
For those who were there, about how many people were there? Did it seem crowded or was it well spread out where you werent overwhelmed? Just curious before I head out onight.

redsand22
07-28-2006, 03:38 PM
and those who are Sox Pride Club members.

Really? I only got ones from my ST package.

INSox56
07-28-2006, 03:51 PM
Beer is on tap in the Bullpen Sports Bar and the Patio Party area only. No beer available in the Scout Lounge but they have soda in there (you can bring beer in the Scout Lounge though). No food or drink is allowed on the field or in the visitor clubhouse. MGD or Miller Lite.

Thanks. To further the previous question about crowded....about how many ppl are allowed per time slot on the field? Deciding if I should bring the glove or not...

itsnotrequired
07-28-2006, 03:52 PM
Thanks. To further the previous question about crowded....about how many ppl are allowed per time slot on the field? Deciding if I should bring the glove or not...

It looked a little crowded out there but not so much that you couldn't play catch. Lots of people were tossing the ol' ball around. I would say there were a few hundred people out there at a time.

SaltyPretzel
07-28-2006, 04:30 PM
It looked a little crowded out there but not so much that you couldn't play catch. Lots of people were tossing the ol' ball around. I would say there were a few hundred people out there at a time.

Should I bring a baseball, or are they provided?

markopat
07-28-2006, 04:32 PM
I am jealous of all of you that get to experience this. As stated earlier in the thread...PLEASE post pictures in the Photo Gallery for those of us who are less fortunate!!!

:bandance:

Have a ball!

soltrain21
07-28-2006, 04:37 PM
it is fanfoto with with an f.

and you aren't screwed. You will be sent to the problem window. We RSVPed late. You should be ok, me thinks. As long as your name is in teh database.

Go to will call, they will send you to "problem window" and as long as you have your big ticket you should be alright.

itsnotrequired
07-28-2006, 04:38 PM

Beats me, I never made it onto the field. I'd bring my own to be safe.

Jerko
07-28-2006, 04:43 PM

IIRC, they sell "souvenir" balls (interleague logos, stuff like that) at these kind of events. Bring your own ball though. Heck if it wasn't so hot I'd bring a football.

INSox56
07-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Beats me, I never made it onto the field. I'd bring my own to be safe.

Thanks for the wealth of knowledge, seems like you're every other post. hah

I think I'll bring the BP ball I got last sat at the rangers game...

salty99
07-28-2006, 04:59 PM
I am jealous of all of you that get to experience this. As stated earlier in the thread...PLEASE post pictures in the Photo Gallery for those of us who are less fortunate!!!

:bandance:

Have a ball!

I posted 2 pics which are available in the photo gallery

Timmy D's
07-28-2006, 05:09 PM
I cant believe I gave my tickets away for this!!!! Oh well, I'll make sure I dont have any surgeries earlier in the week next year.:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

SOXPHILE
07-28-2006, 06:53 PM
It was a great time. Got to see the trophy (again !), and also, right behind it, on the fan deck, got to put the World Series ring on and get my picture taken. Like others here, I did not get to go onto the field due to the rain. At about 5:40, I went to the tables to get the wristband. I could have gotten a purple, or blue or whichever color was already on the field, due to end at 6. Since that would only give us about 15 minutes, I went and got a yellow one, which was to be from 6 till 6:25. Then, at about 5 till 6, as we were lining up and getting ready, it started pouring, and a short time later, they announced no more field access. Funny thing is, it cleared up not too long afterword. But I understand. They can't have a couple hundred people at a time trampling all over a wet outfield, possibly tearing it up. Disappointing, but understandable. I did get to go out there in '98, but this time would have been different. Now, 2 (White Sox winning) World Series games have been played on it. :thumbsup:

StillMissOzzie
07-28-2006, 10:05 PM
My son and I just got home from tonight's GB. [ I had to wait until Gload's GRAND SLAM to post! ]
Thanks to the many who suggested getting the on-field wristbands ASAP. We did that, grabbing the 7:00pm slot in the futile hopes that it would be a bit cooler by then. We then got in line for grub, as they were to be opening within 10 minutes. We were done eating by 6:00-6:15pm, and wandered through the Bullpen Bar, inside and out. I told my son to enjoy the view, since he wouldn't get to be in there again for 7-8 more years! Then, we then hiked over to the visitor's lockerroom. Those bastards get Swedish Fish, no wonder the Sox have been getting their butts kicked!

From there, we wandered over to the Scout Seat lounge. There's a really cool glass case of memorabilia there, and more flat-panel 42" (?) TV's than you could shake a stick at! We watched a bit of the game in there. Moose Skowron was the former player signing autographs there.

We made our way back to the Patio for some air-conditioned comfort and a few more drinks, watching the game on TV and biding our time until it was 7:00pm for our on-the-field ball toss. We left shortly after our on-the-field time to avoid the rush, as well as to catch the end of the game here at home. All in all, it was a nice time.

SMO
:gulp:

Edit: Regarding the trophy, been there & done that so we skipped that line. I also passed on the golden opportunity to buy the Sun-Times or Tribune from 10/27/05 for $5 each.

kevingrt
07-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Simply Awesome... more after I enjoy the W today.

soxstarter
07-28-2006, 10:12 PM
DumpJerry and I had a great time. Not only getting near the trophy (AGAIN!) and going on the field....loved recreating the Ozzie pose in the dugout, you know the one...leaning on the fence

Great seeing itsnotrequired, skotty, soxinthecity, tebman & son.

That and tonight's game is a great way to start the rest of the season!!!!:bandance:

buehrle4cy05
07-29-2006, 03:09 PM
Today was great. I got to play catch with my dad in the bullpen and in the outfield, which was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. The free food was great (I even met a fellow WSI'er-ws05champs-at the food line), and I got in line for the trophy just before it got long.

The White Sox really outdid themselves with this. Thanks to everybody involved!

kninchicago
07-29-2006, 03:25 PM
I was at the morning/early afternoon GB today. Awesome! I took so many pictures. I did not get Minnie Minoso's autograph because the line was cut off when I got there. Nor did I wait to see the trophy again, since I already have good pictures of it. Seeing the scout lounge was really cool, and the visitors bullpen. My favorite thing though was playing catch right where Bobby Jenks and Man Soo Lee and the whole relief crew warm up. Also got some cool pics from right behind home plate. Great party!!

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-29-2006, 05:38 PM
Was at the 10AM also -

Missed Minoso's autograph due to time constraints. Cool seeing the visitor clubhouse, but loved just being ON the field. Sat in Coop's spot on the bench and at Ozzie's spot on the chick scoping bench. Pics are uploaded in the photo gallery.

Well done by the Sox, truly. I will say I am kinda envious of the 5PM crowd only cuz the game will be on.

giganticHead
07-29-2006, 06:08 PM
could that have been the owner's trophy? the tour had it somewhere else that day. hmmmm...

lizard6king6
07-29-2006, 06:39 PM
I went Friday night 5-8 with the girlfriend. Actually got on the field 3 times(Every other session out of the 6 sessions). 1st time we just enjoyed it, threw the ball around a little and did a quick review of everything. Second was pictures and with the camera I did a video tour around the whole stadium. It took 7 1/2 minutes to walk the perimeter of the field while video taping. If I have time I'll post it somewhere with my crappy commetary. 3rd time we sat in the grass and watched the sox game and played catch a little more. In between all of that we looked everywhere else like the clubhouse, scout lounge, and ate. Food was quite good. I dont want to be too repetitive but we hit everywhere except the trophy which we have seen many times before. Awesome time and Sox did a real good job keeping it organized and fun.
Pictures are waiting approval in the gallery :) Make sure to check out the one with my mad hops against the wall :D:

MrRoboto83
07-29-2006, 09:25 PM
I got back from the Grinder at 6pm today. It was a great time. I am going to say there must of been a lot less people there today. There were no lines really other than the food line for the first hour or so. They passed out field access bracelets before the gates even opened. Seeing the visitors clubhouse was great, I thought it kind of smelled bad down there, guess that is the smell of the major league visitor players, perhaps they piss in the trash cans down there.:D:

Scout lounge is cool, although been there before, awesome way to spend $300.

Playing catch out on the field, while watching the Sox on the Diamondvision was awesome, does it get any better than that?

I thought it was a great time, well organized, and everyone was very friendly. I think it is great the Sox do this, because they sure do not have to. Hope they do another event like this next year!

Thanks to all the posts on here, it helped me knowing where to go first to avoid traffic, even though it seemed not that busy at all. I will post a few pictures tonight.

OzzyTrain
07-29-2006, 09:54 PM
Just got back from the grinder bash, it was great. Things that you would never be able to experience in life, you got to experience. The white sox organization really do a good job making you feel like you are a family member. Got to see sit inside the dug outs, bull pen area, and see the visitors club house, press conference room. Free food and beer also.Surprised by how little the visitors dug out does not have, same with the locker room.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/90blackcrx/grinderbash-117.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/90blackcrx/grinderbash-rs.jpg
Press conference room, some guy sits down and gets on the mic, yes it worked and quoted Ozzie Guillen and said, Magglio is a Venezuelan piece of ****, lol little kids after wards could be heard saying, Mommy was that allowed.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/90blackcrx/grinderbash-133.jpg

ws05champs
07-29-2006, 11:49 PM
Food was great and so was being on the field. Best part was the showcase in the Scout Seat lounge (I got my picture with the trophy at a previous event). The memorabilia there was fantastic. Saw the popcorn horns I used to get when I was a kid and the '59 penant I had. My investment in a "Totally Biased Sox Fan" button finally paid off when buehrle4cy05 recognized it and introduced himself. Coupled with the 2 wins yesterday and today, it was a perfect day. The White Sox organization is really showing their class.

ChiSoxGirl
07-30-2006, 12:31 AM
This afternoon was absolutely incredible! This is the best thing the Sox have done in as long as I can remember (aside from winning the World Series, of course).

We got a wristband for the field access that started at 4p, so we went to the Bullpen Bar and Patio Areas to grab some cold drinks and watched the game in the air conditioning 'til we went on the field. I have to also commend the Sox on the availability of cold drinks on such an intensely hot day

The whole field experience had to be the highlight for me. Standing in places on the grass where our Champions play all the time was just awesome. It was so great to also have access to both dugouts and be able to take as many pictures as you wanted. The pictures I took today are priceless. We were so busy in the dugouts, taking pictures, watching the game on the Jumbotron, and just wandering the outfield that we ran out of time and didn't make it into either bullpen, nor did we play catch.

After the field we headed into the visitor's clubhouse, which was great. That spread of snack foods and drinks is humongous! Took a load off on that black leather couch at the rear of the clubhouse and watched the game, which felt so relaxing on such a hot day. And watching the game down there with other fans was so cool because when the Sox scored, the whole clubhouse erupted and people were high-fiving one another; it was just like being at a game.

From the visitor's clubhouse we went across the way to the Scout Lounge where Kittle was signing. It was close to 5p by this time and since there was only an hour left, decided to go up and see the trophy instead, since the person I was with hadn't seen it yet. We ran into MrRoboto83 and Scottiehaswheels while in line there, and saw logansquaresox near the Patio Area. After the trophy, we just wandered around by 159 'til 6p or so where the had that gift shop set up.

I have one tiny complaint, though. I didn't like the location of the trophy at all- in that little nook by 119. Because the field and daylight were your background, the people in the pictures were unable to be seen. I had two pictures taken of me and I can't be seen in either one- just silhouettes of the trophy and me- the field is crystal clear in the background.

All in all, this was an incredible event put on by the Sox and I'm so glad I was able to be a part of this wonderful "family" experience.

ewokpelts
07-30-2006, 12:30 PM
I didnt like the fact that the Sox didnt have a discount mercandise sale going on.
I enjoy thier clearance sales at soxfest, and at the STH party back in 2003.
Gene

alohafri
07-30-2006, 09:53 PM
Press conference room, some guy sits down and gets on the mic, yes it worked and quoted Ozzie Guillen and said, Magglio is a Venezuelan piece of ****, lol little kids after wards could be heard saying, Mommy was that allowed.

LOL That wasn't me! However, on Friday, I did say, "I tell you wat. Magglio Ordonez, he no friend of mine" which got some laughs.

chisoxfanatic
07-31-2006, 02:43 AM
I went to the one on Friday night from 5-8 pm, and had an absolutely amazing time! I brought my boyfriend with me, and he enjoyed it greatly as well!

Almost immediately when we got there, we saw itsnotrequired, his wife, and the little one (great seeing you all). He told us to get our wristbands to go on the field quickly, which we did (for the 7-7:25 session). After getting our wristbands, we went to the Fan Deck to see the World Series trophy. Fanfoto took two pictures: One with just me, and one with both myself and my hunnie. You can see them right here:

Just me: http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto.asp?userid=wsfanfoto&gallery_id=451619&image_id=9

The hunnie and myself: http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto.asp?userid=wsfanfoto&gallery_id=451619&image_id=10

When we left the Fan Deck, we went to the Fundamentals Deck (first time I've seen it), and I must say that I'll definitely be bringing my children there once I get to that stage of my life. After taking a few pictures in the outfield (my boyfriend is absolutely floored by how great our ballpark looks--he's so used to going to Jays games where he lives and doesn't think much of that ballpark), we went to go eat. While in the line, we saw SouthSide_HitMen (it was great talking hockey with you). Just before leaving the Patio area, I saw pdimas and the gang (great seeing you all).

It was then time to take the field, which was a jaw-dropping experience. I warmed up in the Sox' bullpen, pretended to be Scott Podsednik in left field, went to the Sox' dugout (sat on the bench Ozzie sits on), went to the visitors' dugout and bullpens as well. My boyfriend and I spent a great amount of time admiring the entire field.

After leaving the field, we went into the visitor's clubhouse, as well as the Scout Seats lounge. I got to go into the press room and sit in the very seat that Ozzie sits in when he's being interviewed after games on television!

The whole experience was awesome!!! I love being a Sox season ticket holder!

itsnotrequired
07-31-2006, 09:36 AM
Did anybody take their shoes off and walk barefoot on the grass? Because if you didn't, you totally blew it. That was one of the first things I did when I got on the field. Felt great, especially on a hot day.

dakuda
08-01-2006, 01:37 PM
I ust got all the pictures off the camera (had to wait on a new cable).
I went saturday from 10-1. It was a pretty good time.

Some will be uploading still for a few minutes, but most are already up:

Webalbum (http://picasaweb.google.com/christopherstaylor/ComiskeyPark)