PDA

View Full Version : "Cure Autism Now" foundation and Ozzie

southwstchi4life
07-27-2006, 06:34 PM
I was curious if anyone had any infomation for me. I see Ozzie Were a Cure Autism Now hat after every game. I am a big supporter of the foundation and was wondering if anyone had any information if Ozzie was apart of the foundation or knows people w/ autism. Just curious, cause he gives the foundation a nice little Plug. The more supporters the better.

Thanks

michned
07-27-2006, 06:40 PM
I'm not sure of his tie in but I think it's great. I have an autistic child and I can tell you every little bit of exposure helps. I would love to see the Sox have an Autism Awareness Day like the Mets have every year now.

southside rocks
07-27-2006, 07:16 PM
I would love to see the Sox have an Autism Awareness Day like the Mets have every year now.
JMO, but if you suggested this to someone at the club, they might consider it -- anyway, nothing to lose by dropping Brooks Boyer or Scott Reifert an e-mail with the suggestion...?

southwstchi4life
07-27-2006, 09:29 PM
JMO, but if you suggested this to someone at the club, they might consider it -- anyway, nothing to lose by dropping Brooks Boyer or Scott Reifert an e-mail with the suggestion...?

Good Idea

bsblchik
07-28-2006, 02:44 PM
Rumor has it, Joey Cora has a relative who has autism and gave Ozzie the hat - and he has been nice enough to wear it.

michned
07-28-2006, 03:31 PM
My wife is involved with several autism organizations and she said the larger ones like Cure Autism Now and Autism Speaks have approached professional sports leagues for help so it is just a matter of time until more organizations have these "awareness" days like the Mets are doing.

Still, every little bit helps, such as the hat Ozzie is wearing.