PDA

View Full Version : Has Soriano been dealt to MN?

caulfield12
07-27-2006, 04:50 PM
Someone on another board claimed this was on ESPN Radio, but I will believe it when it's confirmed.

Kogs35
07-27-2006, 04:51 PM
nothing on espnews about it

bluestar
07-27-2006, 04:57 PM
Buster Olney reported about an hour ago that Detroit had offered Humberto Sanchez for Soriano. If this is true (and coming from Olney, who knows?) I think that will be the best Bowden can do.

SoxyStu
07-27-2006, 05:13 PM
I'd be shocked...I don't think Minnie has the extra bucks to pay him.

Chicken Dinner
07-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Nothing on Dibble and Kennedy on XM175 yet.

Jaffar
07-27-2006, 05:16 PM
I was waiting for a press conference a few days ago with him coming to us the way it was being reported so until there is an *Official* press conference I wouldn't get too worked up over it.

DaleJRFan
07-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Just talked to a friend who is a die-hard Twins fan and he insists the Soriano rumors are bunk and that its Carlos Lee that will go to the Twins, today. Don't know what he sources might be, but he sounded convinced. Maybe he talked to ChiSoxTony on his lunch break.

Crede_Fan
07-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Just talked to a friend who is a die-hard Twins fan and he insists the Soriano rumors are bunk and that its Carlos Lee that will go to the Twins, today. Don't know what he sources might be, but he sounded convinced. Maybe he talked to ChiSoxTony on his lunch break.

I'd rather the Twins got neither one, but if the did I would rather they trade for Soriano. CLee would have extra incentive against the Sox.

3Pete
07-27-2006, 06:02 PM

FWIW, the rumor running through Minneapolis today is that Terry Ryan has offered AA RHP Kevin Slowey and AA LHP Glen Perkins, two of the more highly-regarded members of the Twins' minor-league pitching depth, for Carlos Lee. I personally doubt the Twins will pull off a deal for Lee, but I have been surprised before.

Mr. White Sox
07-27-2006, 06:08 PM
FWIW, the rumor running through Minneapolis today is that Terry Ryan has offered AA RHP Kevin Slowey and AA LHP Glen Perkins, two of the more highly-regarded members of the Twins' minor-league pitching depth, for Carlos Lee. I personally doubt the Twins will pull off a deal for Lee, but I have been surprised before.
If they do get Carlos or Soriano, the Twins are my pick for the Wild Card. With Santana and Liriano (and with Radke pitching better as well as the best bullpen in baseball) combined with Mauer, Morneau, Hunter, Shannon Stewart, Carlos Lee and Cuddyer (with Kubel in there at DH possibly), they're incredibly well rounded aside from rotational depth. They'd be a definite force to reckon with once they get Toriiii and Stewart back.

hold2dibber
07-27-2006, 06:32 PM
If they do get Carlos or Soriano, the Twins are my pick for the Wild Card. With Santana and Liriano (and with Radke pitching better as well as the best bullpen in baseball) combined with Mauer, Morneau, Hunter, Shannon Stewart, Carlos Lee and Cuddyer (with Kubel in there at DH possibly), they're incredibly well rounded aside from rotational depth. They'd be a definite force to reckon with once they get Toriiii and Stewart back.

And you sure as heck wouldn't want to face them in the playoffs, with the possibility of facing Santana and Liriano 4 times in a 7 game series. Scary.

The Immigrant
07-27-2006, 06:42 PM
At what point do Liriano's IP start becoming a concern for the Twins? He's now at almost 110 IP for the season, which would put him at around 200 IP for the regular season. Does anyone know his IP totals from the minors? How drastic of an increase would this be for him?

SABRSox
07-27-2006, 06:43 PM
At what point do Liriano's IP start becoming a concern for the Twins? He's now at almost 110 IP for the season, which would put him at around 200 IP for the regular season. Does anyone know his IP totals from the minors? How drastic of an increase would this be for him?

He's way too dominant to be worrying about IP. They will let him pitch until his arm falls off.

Ol' No. 2
07-27-2006, 06:46 PM
At what point do Liriano's IP start becoming a concern for the Twins? He's now at almost 110 IP for the season, which would put him at around 200 IP for the regular season. Does anyone know his IP totals from the minors? How drastic of an increase would this be for him?I believe that's why Gardenhire held him out of the rotation for the first few months. Around 180 IP would be typical for a minor league pitcher, so 200 is not a stretch.

The Immigrant
07-27-2006, 07:00 PM
He's way too dominant to be worrying about IP. They will let him pitch until his arm falls off.

Larry Rothschild - is that you?

FedEx227
07-27-2006, 07:36 PM
I believe that's why Gardenhire held him out of the rotation for the first few months. Around 180 IP would be typical for a minor league pitcher, so 200 is not a stretch.

Not to mention the fact that Ron usually takes him out in the 5th-6th inning of most of his starts no matter how well he's doing.

caulfield12
07-27-2006, 07:43 PM
I wish the Twins would trade Matt Garza, but I don't Ryan is willing to do that.

FedEx227
07-27-2006, 10:22 PM
I wish the Twins would trade Matt Garza, but I don't Ryan is willing to do that.

What you don't want them to have 3 potential unstoppable pitchers?

NDSox12
07-27-2006, 10:29 PM
I believe that's why Gardenhire held him out of the rotation for the first few months. Around 180 IP would be typical for a minor league pitcher, so 200 is not a stretch.

Exactly... since he spent the early part of the season in the bullpen, I really don't think the Twins should be too worried about him wearing down.

Now Verlander may be another story... of course, the Tigers appear to be well on their way to having the chance to rest him a great deal down the stretch.

StatHead21
07-28-2006, 01:47 AM
This would be all over ESPN if it happened, its a bogus report. I bet the Nats wait til the 31st.

Nellie_Fox
07-28-2006, 01:56 AM
I'd be shocked...I don't think Minnie has the extra bucks to pay him.Oh, Pohlad could pull the money out of his sock, but he won't.

drewcifer
07-28-2006, 01:57 AM
That would be awesome... I'm sure he'd fit right in with Mauer, Morneau, Cuddyer, Punto, etc, etc, etc.

I'm quite sure the Nats would take Lohse in return.

Now, reality.

No way.

ChiSoxFan7
07-28-2006, 11:54 AM

sounds like a few good flubs i know of....:wink: