PDA

View Full Version : Sox Pride In The Elevator!

whitesoxwilkes
07-27-2006, 09:46 AM
Those of you who work in big downtown buildings will know exactly what I'm talking about, and the rest of you are just gonna be like "huh??"...but the Captivate Network (http://www.captivate.com/) runs viewer polls every week.

Last week's question was "What's the best thing about your city?"

One of the answers they showed this week from a Chicagoan was "Watching the World Champion White Sox play baseball!"

itsnotrequired
07-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Those of you who work in big downtown buildings will know exactly what I'm talking about, and the rest of you are just gonna be like "huh??"...but the Captivate Network (http://www.captivate.com/) runs viewer polls every week.

One of the answers they showed this week from a Chicagoan was "Watching the World Champion White Sox play baseball!"

I saw that this morning as well.

:smile:

Andy T Clown
07-27-2006, 09:50 AM
I saw the same thing this morning with a couple of cub fans in the elevator. :D:

cbone
07-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Right after that I saw that Nicholas Cage is set to star in biopic about Liberace. :?:

jenn2080
07-27-2006, 09:57 AM

I saw that too. Do you ever wonder what we did in elevators before these screens?

whitesoxwilkes
07-27-2006, 10:00 AM
I saw that too. Do you ever wonder what we did in elevators before these screens?

Made awkward small talk.

itsnotrequired
07-27-2006, 10:02 AM
Made awkward small talk.

not me. I would stand with my back to the door, facing the other occupants. Man, people would get really nervous.

MushMouth
07-27-2006, 10:16 AM
not me. I would stand with my back to the door, facing the other occupants. Man, people would get really nervous.

hahaha

Weather was the primary conversation, and/or how much it sucked to have almost arrived at work...

Long Live Captivate!

Law11
07-27-2006, 10:17 AM

:kneeslap: :kneeslap: :kneeslap:

ZachAL
07-27-2006, 10:21 AM
Right after that I saw that Nicholas Cage is set to star in biopic about Liberace. :?:

being produced by the same people as "scary movie" and "date movie" no less! Strange.

credeistheman
07-27-2006, 03:12 PM
you guys see the headline from a couple weeks ago about how jackie chan got drunk at a concert, went onstage, and stole the mic from the singer? that has definitely been my favorite so far. captivate network always has the truly essential news.

HotelWhiteSox
07-27-2006, 03:21 PM
we have stairs

skottyj242
07-27-2006, 03:23 PM

I used to make sure I got in first and sit Indian style facing the corner and cry.

skottyj242
07-27-2006, 03:24 PM
being produced by the same people as "scary movie" and "date movie" no less! Strange.

I saw that yesterday, how weird. Just so you know prices are at least delayed 20 minutes.

qpropaganda
07-27-2006, 04:38 PM

as an ex messenger, this was one of my favorite moves to pull...stand there stonefaced with dark sunglasses & watch the looks on peoples faces as they all avoided looking at me...

those were the days...