PDA

View Full Version : Baseball's a marathon, not a sprint

Green
07-27-2006, 03:24 AM
Yeah, the Sox are in a slump right now, but you have to look at the big picture.
Somethings to think about:
Jon Garland
Has been amazing his last six starts. Lights out.

The bench
Ozzie is always resting his starters (sometimes annoyingly so). As annoying as it may be sometimes, I think it'll play a big role down the stretch.

Brian Anderson
He has really turned it on over the past month. Not only is his offense coming around, his defense has been superb.

The bunting
I don't know who else has noticed, but I feel the bunting has improved greatly from 2 or 3 weeks ago.

The schedule
We're in a major slump right now. No denying it. The Sox just got done playing Boston, New York, Detroit, Texas, and Minnesota. That's a tough stretch right there. With Baltimore, and KC coming up, I am hoping the Sox get hot.

The offense
Any lineup with Thome, Konerko, and Dye is a dangerous one. Slumping? Yes. Has Thome struck out way too much? Yes. Has Konerko been in a funk lately? Yes. All three of these players are veterens and know that baseball is a roller coaster with many ups and downs the whole season.

Minnesota has gone something like 35-8 in their last 43 games. And guess what? They are still tied with the Sox.

I don't know about you, but I'm ready for the Sox to start winning some ball games! And I think the Sox are too.

QCIASOXFAN
07-27-2006, 04:10 AM
This right here is the thread of the week, thank you for posting it! I can't say much else but GO Sox!:cheers:

lukeman89
07-27-2006, 09:05 AM
i have always stayed positive and i always will stay positive. as soon as you start thinking negative you are finished.

they are trying, they are just frustrated.