PDA

View Full Version : Thank You For The Off Day...

voodoochile
07-26-2006, 05:32 PM
Oh man, if ever there was a team in need of a long off day, it's the Sox. They need to put this time to good use.

By that I mean they need to go get drunk all together. No, I don't mean tipsy, I mean ****faced drunk. Tequila bottles for all my friends drunk. Anyone under the age of 25 is puking drunk.

They should go home, take care of their packing needs and then meet somewhere tonight at 8:00 and remember what makes them a team. Figure out how to have some fun again. Have a big steak dinner, pound down brews until the wee hours, talk to some pretty girls and then go home and pass out.

I don't think you could drive a toothpick up their collective *******s at the moment with 4 gallons of KY and an airhammer. Something needs to give because it looks like they are constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop and that needs to change. That means no baseball for 24 hours. Go to the airport tomorrow, fly to Baltimore and then take it easy until they go to the park on Friday. More bunting practice isn't going to help...

GregoryEtc
07-26-2006, 05:39 PM
Baltimore is where things started taking shape last year if you remember.... The "Don't Stop Believing" thing was born in Baltimore (along with some rather unfortunate photographs but thats another story).

Charm City or bust!

cbotnyse
07-26-2006, 05:43 PM
Voodoo, your last paragraph is priceless! :roflmao:

Your post really inspired me to go out and do the same damn thing!

These guys really need to loosen up and play the baseball they are capable of playing. They know they can do it, and I believe they can do it.

JB98
07-26-2006, 05:46 PM
Oh man, if ever there was a team in need of a long off day, it's the Sox. They need to put this time to good use.

By that I mean they need to go get drunk all together. No, I don't mean tipsy, I mean ****faced drunk. Tequila bottles for all my friends drunk. Anyone under the age of 25 is puking drunk.

They should go home, take care of their packing needs and then meet somewhere tonight at 8:00 and remember what makes them a team. Figure out how to have some fun again. Have a big steak dinner, pound down brews until the wee hours, talk to some pretty girls and then go home and pass out.

I don't think you could drive a toothpick up their collective *******s at the moment with 4 gallons of KY and an airhammer. Something needs to give because it looks like they are constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop and that needs to change. That means no baseball for 24 hours. Go to the airport tomorrow, fly to Baltimore and then take it easy until they go to the park on Friday. More bunting practice isn't going to help...

I agree with you, Voodoo. I'm seeing the same thing. What good is bunting practice going to do when we can't get anybody on base to begin with? Everyone needs to take a step back, get away from baseball for a day and recharge the batteries.

It's a 62-game sprint to the finish, and it starts Friday.

Lip Man 1
07-26-2006, 05:46 PM
Voodoo:

Actually I prefer 'you couldn't pull a needle out of their asses with a tractor...'

Lip

Chicken Dinner
07-26-2006, 05:50 PM
I think us fans need a day off also. No ground can be gained or lost, an added bonus.

voodoochile
07-26-2006, 06:03 PM
Voodoo:

Actually I prefer 'you couldn't pull a needle out of their asses with a tractor...'

Lip

I prefer to create original metaphors when the inspiration hits me, but yeah, we agree...:(:

Palehose13
07-26-2006, 06:05 PM
Yes, I am looking forward to it. I am going up to door county tomorrow until Saturday. I am going to do something that I haven't done in a long time...take a vacation from the White Sox. Maybe I will come back to find that they have started a winning streak.

cbotnyse
07-26-2006, 06:07 PM
Yes, I am looking forward to it. I am going up to door county tomorrow until Saturday. I am going to do something that I haven't done in a long time...take a vacation from the White Sox. Maybe I will come back to find that they have started a winning streak.A 3 game win streak would feel like 10 games right now.

daveeym
07-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Yes, I am looking forward to it. I am going up to door county tomorrow until Saturday. I am going to do something that I haven't done in a long time...take a vacation from the White Sox. Maybe I will come back to find that they have started a winning streak. So sad that deep pink was needed. :gulp: :gulp:

TheDarkGundam
07-26-2006, 06:23 PM

bboyer@whitesox.com (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/bboyer@whitesox.com)
Sounds like a solid plan Voodoo.
Baltimore is where things started taking shape last year if you remember.... The "Don't Stop Believing" thing was born in Baltimore (along with some rather unfortunate photographs but thats another story).
ha ha, oh last year, the good old days.
Back when seeing a picture of one of our guys **** faced drunk with someone who may or may not have been his wife was our biggest concern.
Well, not biggest...

Dan Mega
07-26-2006, 06:57 PM
Hot dog. Sounds like a plan for the team. I could use 2 or 12 myself after this game.

Palehose13
07-29-2006, 09:25 PM
Yes, I am looking forward to it. I am going up to door county tomorrow until Saturday. I am going to do something that I haven't done in a long time...take a vacation from the White Sox. Maybe I will come back to find that they have started a winning streak.

I come home to find a winning streak! Yay! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

nasox
07-29-2006, 09:41 PM
bboyer@whitesox.com (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/bboyer@whitesox.com)
Sounds like a solid plan Voodoo.

ha ha, oh last year, the good old days.
Back when seeing a picture of one of our guys **** faced drunk with someone who may or may not have been his wife was our biggest concern.
Well, not biggest...

I don't remember the picture. I mean, I remember hearing about it, but I don't know details and I think I never saw it. Anyone have it?