:reinsy

"Kenny, what's going on?"

:KW

"Hawk, what's going on?"

:hawk

"Oh my God. It's the team! They've gone from suck to blow!"

IlliniSox
07-26-2006, 03:59 PM
We need August ASAFP. I'm considering Friday in Baltimore August 1st.

TheDarkGundam
07-26-2006, 04:00 PM
Well, that sucked.
When are we gonna get out of this slump? I'm starting to get sick of this all this ****ing losing.

samram
As I said in the game thread, no ability to get a two out hit and a great ability to give them up does not yield good results.

slobes
Not good, not good at all....

zmz723
We need August ASAFP. I'm considering Friday in Baltimore August 1st.

How about saturday, Cy Bedard is pitching Friday

peeonwrigley
This series reeked of 2004. In almost all aspects.

buehrle4cy05
07-26-2006, 04:01 PM
I know this is a ****ty excuse, but we've been playing some good teams lately. We now get 6 with the Orioles and Royals. These should be a couple of series where we can get some wins under our belt, boost the confidence, and go into the stretch of Toronto/LAA/New York/Detroit with a little something going.

That being said, I was ready to punch somebody when I had to listen to Farmer and Singleton today. They make a bad game worse. Just their attitude and the way Farmer announced the game rubbed me the wrong way.

MsSoxVixen22
Well, when we tied it up, I thought hey, they're back! Guess I was wrong. :(:
I hope to GOD Friday is the start of a winning streak!

MadetoOrta
Listless, heartless, going through the motions, [I could go on for another 5 sentences]. Why do guys like Nick Punto, Cuddyer and Bartlett kick our butts every year? I made a mistake and watched the last 2 innings and was glad to see one consistent theme: each batter [with the 2 strike exception of Crede] simply swung for the fences. I'll get killed for this but I don't see this team winning 90 games folks. Playoffs? You must be kidding.

getonbckthr
A deal must be made to shake things up. Maybe deal Mccarthy for Soriano then try Soriano for Zito or keep Soriano. Our pitching is bad or offense as of late is worse. This team needs a kick start. Hell at this point I wouldn't mind bringing back Everett at least then this team could develop an attitude.

samram
07-26-2006, 04:02 PM
I know this is a ****ty excuse, but we've been playing some good teams lately. We now get 6 with the Orioles and Royals. These should be a couple of series where we can get some wins under our belt, boost the confidence, and go into the stretch of Toronto/LAA/New York/Detroit with a little something going.

Ok, but their performance against these good teams doesn't bode well for the postseason- of course, if the Sox get there, they'll be playing better, but you see the point.

Kwrubac
I feel ill this definitely put a damper on my Wednesday....:whiner:

Xx i am error xX
It'll all be okay fellas.

eurotrash35
freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fallllllllllllllllllllin

MrX
07-26-2006, 04:03 PM
I hope Ozzie made them sit there and watch the Twins jumping around and celebrating on their field. I had to watch it, so should they.

Podsednik=done. The fact that he couldn't even make it a close play on that ball up the middle that Castillo had to dive for shows me his wheels aren't the same. When he actually gets on base the other team has no fear of him anymore.

Konerko and Thome's batting average combined over the last week is about .260.

If Mark is tired or hurt he needs to go on the DL. These gascan performances are doing worse than Vazquez's as of late.

Mohoney
07-26-2006, 04:04 PM
:burly

"Until further notice, I'm a .500 pitcher."

Credefan21
07-26-2006, 04:05 PM
I agree. We could use a deal to shake things up a bit. Brandon has been overrated a bit as of late. He was best when he was a starter. I think they should have left Javier alone and let him be a starter again. It sure would've saved alot of money as well. I would love to see a trade. Heres to hoping a big trade actually happens.

D'Sphitz
07-26-2006, 04:05 PM
I'll get killed for this but I don't see this team winning 90 games folks. Playoffs? You must be kidding.

"Playoffs?! You want to talk about playoffs? You kidding me?! Playoffs?! I just hope we win a game! Another game!!" - Jim Mora

cheeses_h_rice
07-26-2006, 04:06 PM
This series reeked of 2004. In almost all aspects.
Almost 2 years to the date, if I'm not mistaken. I think the 2004 squad gave up the ghost mid-month or so.

[edit: Nope, 2 years to the date: http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHW/2004_sched.shtml . The Sox got swept 7/26, 7/27 and 7/28/04.]

ND_Sox_Fan
Right now, I think every player on the roster has to be available for trades with the exception of the last three in the bullpen, Contreras, Garland, and maybe Brandon.

Lip Man 1
I don't know what to say.

Just wow...

Lip

Kwrubac
Maybe the Chicago city council could make it an ordinance violation if away teams score more than two runs...they like telling people what to do!

SoxFan78
07-26-2006, 04:07 PM
49 members and 22 guests, the trolls are out.

Where is the light at the end of the tunnel? At least the sox can't lose tomorrow.

getonbckthr
Mark has got to realize since he isn't a power pitcher location is key. His change-up maybe great but when its left over the middle of the plate its equilivent to a BP fast ball, aka Meat in the Seats.

peeonwrigley
:burly

"Until further notice, I'm a .500 pitcher."

I think we'd all take .500 from him right now.

eurotrash35
07-26-2006, 04:08 PM
I'm praying for a big move to shake things up. We could use a shot of excitement after all the turds laid on the field the past month.

whitesoxfan14
well, another one lost to those dumb twinkies....it's getting to the point where if someone tells me " your team sucks" or " ooh, another loss", i just nod my head, and don't say anything, because i don't know how to defend myself. It's really coming down to figuring out who deserves to be on that team, and who doesn't. I hope the trade deadline brings the Sox something good.

good bye wildcard vote...goodbye.:(:

Argalarga
When was the last time we had a lead of more than one run, other than the two games we've won since the ASB? It seems like we're playing from behind all the time.

MrX
07-26-2006, 04:09 PM
And if Cora had anything to do with that play with Konerko going home on that grounder to 3rd his job needs to be evaluated at some point. He's killed this team with some bonehead decisions on sending guys.

3rdgensoxfan
Why do I watch these games? Today I tuned in in the last couple innings? Why? Its about the W... it all that matters.

spiffie
Days like this are why it's a good thing baseball has a 162 game season and not a 16 gamer like football. Ugly day for the Good Guys, but hopefully tomorrow they'll rest up, get their heads right and get on a roll in Baltimore.

DickAllen72
07-26-2006, 04:10 PM
The better team won. Right now the Twins are the best team in baseball, followed by the Tigers. You can't win games on paper.

The Sox sorely lack speed. They have become station to station, home run or nothing. Thome, Konerko, Dye, Pierzynski, Crede...that's a slow base-clogging order.

The starting pitching has been mediocre at best, but at least there's a chance these guys can turn it around.

Let's see if KW can pull something off to spark this team.

buehrle4cy05
07-26-2006, 04:10 PM
Ok, but their performance against these good teams doesn't bode well for the postseason- of course, if the Sox get there, they'll be playing better, but you see the point.

I see where you're coming from, but don't forget how the Sox were swept by the Angels in September of last year. Just get to the postseason and everything is up for grabs.

Nellie_Fox
07-26-2006, 04:11 PM
And if Cora had anything to do with that play with Konerko going home on that grounder to 3rd his job needs to be evaluated at some point. He's killed this team with some bonehead decisions on sending guys.That was a contact play. Konerko started running as soon as the ball was hit. That is called before the pitch; it has nothing to do with Cora.

getonbckthr
07-26-2006, 04:11 PM
Right now, I think every player on the roster has to be available for trades with the exception of the last three in the bullpen, Contreras, Garland, and maybe Brandon.
Especially Brandon should be available. He will bring us the best return. Sure he has potential to be a great player but we have gone down this road before of can't miss prospects that are untouchables, then when they get their chance to shine they fail and lose their trade value.

JB98
07-26-2006, 04:12 PM
All seven Minnesota runs were scored with two outs today. Those are back-breakers, especially when you are struggling as badly as we are.

This loss is on Buerhle. He put us in a hole. We battled back to tie it, and he put us right back in that hole the following half inning. Everyone in the free world knows Morneau is a first-ball hitter, and Mark grooved him a very hittable pitch. The Twins are hot right now, and they aren't missing many mistakes.

The club really needed Mark to step up today, and I was confident he would. He is supposed to be our ace, but he failed us miserably. Hopefully, people will start to realize that Politte and Widger weren't the problem. The problem is high-salaried, higher-profile, top-of-the-roster guys who are not getting the job done. Buerhle is Exhibit A.

ND_Sox_Fan
07-26-2006, 04:12 PM
I don't mean to be a total downer, but I ran the numbers, so I thought others would be interested.

Here are the stats on Mark's last five starts.

eurotrash35
07-26-2006, 04:13 PM
The better team won. Right now the Twins are the best team in baseball, followed by the Tigers. You can't win games on paper.

The Sox sorely lack speed. They have become station to station, home run or nothing. Thome, Konerko, Dye, Pierzynski, Crede...that's a slow base-clogging order.

The starting pitching has been mediocre at best, but at least there's a chance these guys can turn it around.

Let's see if KW can pull something off to spark this team.

amen. this is NOT the same offense. I was with the thinking that the offense didn't need improvement, but they are just stagnant now. there is zero speed. pods can't get on. hell, he can't even beat out a ball hit to the hole. soriano didn't make sense to me before but it's starting to now.

QCIASOXFAN
Anybody else think that Kenny is going to pull the trigger before the break? All these big trade rumors don't sound to crazy anymore.

ndgt10
That was a contact play. Konerko started running as soon as the ball was hit. That is called before the pitch; it has nothing to do with Cora.
A contact play shouldn't be on when there are no outs. How hard is it for Cora to tell Konerko not to go on a groundball to 3rd base? Both of them are dolts.

Shift
07-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Konerko's attempt at home was embarrassing. It sure didn't look like a team that was desperate for a win.

ND_Sox_Fan
Especially Brandon should be available. He will bring us the best return. Sure he has potential to be a great player but we have gone down this road before of can't miss prospects that are untouchables, then when they get their chance to shine they fail and lose their trade value.

Yes, unless you trade another one of our "starters" and have to fill a hole in the rotation with him.

SoxFan78
The club really needed Mark to step up today, and I was confident he would. He is supposed to be our ace, but he failed us miserably. Hopefully, people will start to realize that Politte and Widger weren't the problem. The problem is high-salaried, higher-profile, top-of-the-roster guys who are not getting the job done. Buerhle is Exhibit A.

Politte and Widger maybe weren't the only reason why the Sox were losing, but they were a major part of it.

MrX
Except McCarthy showed last year that he can be a succesful starting pitcher. Most of the "can't miss" prospects the team has traded before have never seen the light of day in a big league ballpark.

thomas35forever
Another terrible loss. At least all our runs weren't on homers today. If we can't handle Baltimore this weekend, then we'll really be in trouble. When you tie a game, you're not supposed to give the lead right back, especially not against the hottest team in baseball. Will somebody please stand up? I want my Sox back!

getonbckthr
07-26-2006, 04:15 PM
And if Cora had anything to do with that play with Konerko going home on that grounder to 3rd his job needs to be evaluated at some point. He's killed this team with some bonehead decisions on sending guys.
His aggressive nature has won us a bunch of games as well. Personally I would have aggressive Joey than someone who is afraid to send runners thus leaving men on base.

peeonwrigley
07-26-2006, 04:15 PM

I said this at the beginning of the season... we have the slowest 3-7 I can ever remember. Until the last month, the averages were high enough and enough ball were flying out of the park to hide it. Unfortunately, when no one is hitting, this type of thing really stands out. Especially when Pods is struggling. A guy on first for us is no big deal to the other team... the only way he's scoring is on a homer.

eurotrash35
07-26-2006, 04:16 PM
I think Buerhle's problem is that he's already in St. Louis in his mind. He sure would be a great fit over there the way he's been pitching lately.

ndgt10
amen. this is NOT the same offense. I was with the thinking that the offense didn't need improvement, but they are just stagnant now. there is zero speed. pods can't get on. hell, he can't even beat out a ball hit to the hole. soriano didn't make sense to me before but it's starting to now.
We need to do everything we can to get Soriano. Now that Pods has lost his speed, he is nothing. Pods is a liability in the field, and his hitting is just horrendous. I'm also sick of his K's looking. How can a non-power hitter K so much without attempting a swing? *****.

ND_Sox_Fan
His aggressive nature has won us a bunch of games as well. Personally I would have aggressive Joey than someone who is afraid to send runners thus leaving men on base.

I certainly don't mind a guy who puts pressure on the other team to make a play. Unfortunately, they have been making the plays.

Iwritecode
07-26-2006, 04:17 PM
I don't mean to be a total downer, but I ran the numbers, so I thought others would be interested.

Here are the stats on Mark's last five starts.

It hasn't even been the walks or homeruns killing him. He's just flat out getting hit...

getonbckthr
07-26-2006, 04:17 PM
I'm tired of the 3-7 speed bitching. Were they any faster last year? Even though he didn't play today how about some blame on Iguchi? Take away the 1 Cub game and the Astro game he has 7 hrs and 30 RBIs this season.

ND_Sox_Fan
07-26-2006, 04:19 PM
It hasn't even been the walks or homeruns killing him. He's just flat out getting hit...

Exactly - almost 2 hits per inning.

MadetoOrta
I'm tired of the 3-7 speed bitching. Were they any faster last year? Even though he didn't play today how about some blame on Iguchi? Take away the 1 Cub game and the Astro game he has 7 hrs and 30 RBIs this season.

I'm with you on Iguchi. I see a new middle infield as early as next year.

Argalarga
But assuming we can trade for one top-notch player, what hole do we fill? The hole caused by our brutal starting pitching, or the hole caused by our inability to get a runner from first to anywhere?

Dan Mega
07-26-2006, 04:20 PM
Something just has to be wrong with Buerhle. I don't think we've seen him this bad before.

Nellie_Fox
The change in Buehrle is so sudden and so drastic, you have to think there's either something physically wrong with him or that he's tipping his pitches.

Beer Can Chicken
I certainly don't mind a guy who puts pressure on the other team to make a play. Unfortunately, they have been making the plays.

I dont mind agressive either but ground ball to third with no outs and he sends the runner on third who happens to be the slowest on the team? Thats simply not fundamental baseball.

rookie
Sigh. C'mon guys. Get out of this please. Can't take too much more of this. And Mark, what's going on?

getonbckthr
I think Buerhle's problem is that he's already in St. Louis in his mind. He sure would be a great fit over there the way he's been pitching lately.
Give me a ****ing break. If we are gonna make excuses at least let them be somewhat truthful. He is still a year and a half away from having any chance of leaving, if that is his plan.

southside rocks
07-26-2006, 04:21 PM
I went to the game. It was brutal. I love this team but it hurts to watch this; it veers between pathetic and insulting.

Mark Buehrle is 9 and 9 now. I never thought I would see that.

The players look spooked.

peeonwrigley
07-26-2006, 04:22 PM

Rowand and Everett were faster than what we have in there now, yes. And no, I don't want either of them back. But the point remains about the lack of speed throughout the order. Maybe we need to shuffle it up, something.

And Iguchi is not above criticism. He is as responsible for the offense's bad play as anyone.

eurotrash35
07-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Give me a ****ing break. If we are gonna make excuses at least let them be somewhat truthful. He is still a year and a half away from having any chance of leaving, if that is his plan.

haha, sorry the post didn't set off your sarcasm detector. I'll include a :tongue: next time.

Cuck the Fubs
07-26-2006, 04:23 PM
:whiner:

I don't know what to say that hasn't been said already.........

I think the next stretch agains't the O's & Royals is going to be a big key to what happens next.

If they lay an egg with those games, we're dead.:(:

I'm not against a trade to shake things up a bit either....it's just maddening because we are better than what we are showing:angry:

0o0o0
07-26-2006, 04:24 PM
Just got back from work and I'm glad I missed the game. I don't know what the score was and I don't even care.

Tomorrow should be cool. I remember when I used to hate off days. :(:

ND_Sox_Fan
07-26-2006, 04:25 PM
I dont mind agressive either but ground ball to third with no outs and he sends the runner on third who happens to be the slowest on the team? Thats simply not fundamental baseball.

Granted, I didn't see the play (only through Gameday here at work), but if you are the runner on third, you don't wait for the coach. It is a reaction thing - either go or not on your own. If you wait for the coach to tell you on a groundball, then it is too late no matter where the ball is hit on the infield.

I would hang it on the runner, not Cora (again I didn't see the play, so maybe he did wait for Cora to say something - which would be his own fault anyway).

TomParrish79
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/Parrish79/rockydennisexpress.jpg

Its The Rocky Dennis Express!!!! It stopped the slump last August and now the Rocky Dennis Express is here to not only bring the Sox back into form..but to cheer all of you sad fans up!!

ALL ABOARD!!!!

minutia
I hope Ozzie made them sit there and watch the Twins jumping around and celebrating on their field. I had to watch it, so should they.

Podsednik=done. The fact that he couldn't even make it a close play on that ball up the middle that Castillo had to dive for shows me his wheels aren't the same. When he actually gets on base the other team has no fear of him anymore.

Konerko and Thome's batting average combined over the last week is about .260.

If Mark is tired or hurt he needs to go on the DL. These gascan performances are doing worse than Vazquez's as of late.

I could not agree with you more, but you have to wonder about a team that has an on field celebration for 2nd place.
On to Baltimore where hopefully we right the ship. Some good trades by the deadline would be good too.

DickAllen72

Yeah. I'm beginning to tire of Pods' "tippy tapping" his way around. For a guy with his supposed speed, and a LH hitter to boot, he sure doesn't seem to get down the line too quickly. I think he may have lost his initial "burst".

Soriano would be welcome for his speed and spark. The HR's would just be a bonus.

GregoryEtc
07-26-2006, 04:26 PM
Maybe Mark would benefit from skippin a start or two.

Lip Man 1
07-26-2006, 04:28 PM
Nellie:

But if Mark was tipping his pitches again (because remember it was thought he was doing it earlier in the season at Minnesota) wouldn't someone have picked up on it by now? It's been five or six starts.

Lip

spiffie

Its The Rocky Dennis Express!!!! It stopped the slump last August and now the Rocky Dennis Express is here to not only bring the Sox back into form..but to cheer all of you sad fans up!!

ALL ABOARD!!!!
:supernana: Outstanding! It's random and frightening all at once! The R.D. Express is World Series Bound!!!!!

Deuce
Soriano would be welcome for his speed and spark. The HR's would just be a bonus.Two weeks ago, I would have crapped all over this idea. Today, I'd just about do anything to stop the bleeding.

This entire funk started after Baltimore. With a little luck (or maybe a lot), it will end with Baltimore. We need to win, for everyone's sake.

Maybe Mark would benefit from skippin a start or two.Sadly enough, I think we all would.

Lip Man 1
07-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Deuce:

Actually I think the funk started with the Sunday 15-11 Cub game.

Lip

Nellie_Fox
07-26-2006, 04:30 PM
Nellie:

But if Mark was tipping his pitches again (because remember it was thought he was doing it earlier in the season at Minnesota) wouldn't someone have picked up on it by now? It's been five or six starts.

LipYeah, I know Lip. That's the question I asked myself. I'm just struggling to understand how a guy who has been the sure-fire stopper is now just getting hit around like he's got nothing. And there was no slow decline, it was overnight.

southside rocks
07-26-2006, 04:32 PM
Deuce:

Lip

I think you're 100% correct. I've joked to friends that the White Sox caught a Losers virus from the Cubs and that they need to exorcise the clubhouse and burn everything that's blue or red.

But it really did start that day, the first day Buehrle got shelled, and it continued into the Baltimore and Boston series, and since the ASB it's been just horrible.

jandm859
I asked this question a month ago and got drilled by most of you for asking it. let me try again. Is there anyone more overated then SP? Without getting into details, he's very average with the stick, gets thrown out stealing at least 30% of the time and he playes left field like my sister, but my sister has a better arm. This does not have much to do with our current losing streak but i'm pissed and have to take it out on someone.

getonbckthr
Yeah, I know Lip. That's the question I asked myself. I'm just struggling to understand how a guy who has been the sure-fire stopper is now just getting hit around like he's got nothing. And there was no slow decline, it was overnight.
He's trying to perfect, when you try to be perfect you get shelled. When you try to be perfectr you make mistakes and leave pitches over the plate. When you try to be perfect you tip pitches.

nasox
07-26-2006, 04:33 PM
I think you're 100% correct. I've joked to friends that the White Sox caught a Losers virus from the Cubs and that they need to exorcise the clubhouse and burn everything that's blue or red.

But it really did start that day, the first day Buehrle got shelled, and it continued into the Baltimore and Boston series, and since the ASB it's been just horrible.

we won three of four against the Orioles.

SoxFan78
07-26-2006, 04:34 PM
I love how Rainbow Rongey is defending Konerko for not bowling over the catcher right now on the post game show. I think im gonna put on Howard Stern now.

getonbckthr
07-26-2006, 04:37 PM
I asked this question a month ago and got drilled by most of you for asking it. let me try again. Is there anyone more overated then SP? Without getting into details, he's very average with the stick, gets thrown out stealing at least 30% of the time and he playes left field like my sister, but my sister has a better arm. This does not have much to do with our current losing streak but i'm pissed and have to take it out on someone.
I'm assuming your discussing POds. Yes it does have to do with our losing streak. Our offense is dead, Pods sucking ass has a lot to do with it. Igiuchi playing like crap has a ton to do with it. Thome, as good as he was early in the season, has been slumping and has something to do with it. The only real bright spots of the offense lately has been Crede and Anderson and maybe Uribe. It just so happens its our 7-8-9.

russ99
07-26-2006, 04:38 PM
We need to do everything we can to get Soriano. Now that Pods has lost his speed, he is nothing. Pods is a liability in the field, and his hitting is just horrendous. I'm also sick of his K's looking. How can a non-power hitter K so much without attempting a swing? *****.

It's really hard to defend Pods right now, but to me his whole hitting game depends on him working the count to 3-0, 3-1 or 3-2 to either get a good pitch to hit or a walk. That's not happening anymore.

It looks like the AL has figured him out after a season and a half, and he's getting good pitches for strikes at the beginning of his at bat and is falling into a 0-2 and 1-2 hole. He can't risk a bunt with 2 strikes, so he's just hacking away.

I'd have loved to see him try to steal 3rd after that double yesterday, just to see if he's still has it as a basestealer and fire up the team.

He's obviously not our best defensive fielder, but last year he had the tremendous range of Rowand in center to bail him out. Not so this year.

I hope he starts putting it together in Baltimore, since I'd hate to see my favorite player traded. If it has to happen, maybe a trade to the NL would do him a world of good.

ND_Sox_Fan
07-26-2006, 04:40 PM
I love how Rainbow Rongey is defending Konerko for not bowling over the catcher right now on the post game show. I think im gonna put on Howard Stern now.

Besides AJ (and I would guess Brian & Juan) - this team completely lacks an edge. As a player and "captain" one would think that he would be trying anything to fire this team up right now.

I carved out Brian for his fighting in the Cubs brawl and Juan for his hustle on the bases - I don't think he would hesitate to lay someone out.

Lip Man 1
Nasox:

But they also looked awful in the game they lost and I think, the O's scored eight runs or more two or three times in that series.

Lip

JB98
Politte and Widger maybe weren't the only reason why the Sox were losing, but they were a major part of it.

No they weren't. Politte was pitching only in mop-up time. The game in Pittsburgh where Sanchez hit the HR was the only game that Cliff lost for us. People blame Widger for his pitch-calling, but I don't exactly see our staff throwing lights out with AJ behind the plate either.

Politte and Widger played only minor roles in a handful of losses.

getonbckthr
07-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Well running over our catcher catapulted the Twins a couple years ago. Running over Barrett lighted a fire under our ass earlier in the season. Maybe it would have worked today. As far as the rainbow comment I hope to god that wasn't a homosexual comment cause if it was enjoy your eventual vacation. The snow-covered peaks in the Banny's are a site unto themselves.

chisoxmike
07-26-2006, 04:44 PM
Deuce:

Lip

I agree.

Lip Man 1
07-26-2006, 04:45 PM
I didn't realize this but it explains the issue perfectly in my opinion. From White Sox.com:

"Joe Crede singled home a fourth run for the White Sox. It was the only run the team scored during this three-game series that didn't come by way of the long ball."

:o:

Lip

russ99
07-26-2006, 04:46 PM
Well running over our catcher catapulted the Twins a couple years ago. Running over Barrett lighted a fire under our ass earlier in the season. Maybe it would have worked today. As far as the rainbow comment I hope to god that wasn't a homosexual comment cause if it was enjoy your eventual vacation. The snow-covered peaks in the Banny's are a site unto themselves.

Was it even a close play? We all know how Paulie runs..... ssllloooowwwwllly!

I hope I never have to see the beautiful snow-covered peaks in the Bannys!
:D:

Iwritecode
07-26-2006, 04:47 PM
Nasox:

But they also looked awful in the game they lost and I think, the O's scored eight runs or more two or three times in that series.

Lip

Twice. The second time was only because Cliff Politte came in and gave up 3 runs in the ninth. The game wasn't really as close as the final score made it seem.

They lost the first game 8 - 1 but then came back the next day and pounded the O's 13 - 0. After that they won one 4 - 2.

They really haven't been able to do much of anything since that 19 inning marathon against Boston.

russ99
07-26-2006, 04:48 PM
Twice. The second time was only because Cliff Politte came in and gave up 3 runs in the ninth. The game wasn't really as close as the final score made it seem.

They lost the first game 8 - 1 but then came back the next day and pounded the O's 13 - 0. After that they won one 4 - 2.

They really haven't been able to do much of anything since that 19 inning marathon against Boston.

I also think all those guys going to the All-Star Game and believing their own overblown hype (coaches included) may have contributed.

QCIASOXFAN
07-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Some guy mentioned something like that on the score. Move Dye to #3 and Thome to #5. I would be down for that. Anything to try and shake things up.

Chicken Dinner
07-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Some guy mentioned something like that on the score. Move Dye to #3 and Thome to #5. I would be down for that. Anything to try and shake things up.

Crede to 6 and AJ to 7.

Bobbo35
07-26-2006, 04:56 PM
I'm Sorry, but I was never a big Pods fan the way he tiptoes around. Dammit dig in and run. I want Soriano NOW!!!! The Sox need a jump start because they are horrendous to watch.

Blueprint1
07-26-2006, 04:56 PM
All I know is that we have the most talent in the division. If we were able to turn it around we could still make the playoffs. Right now it seems like everything is going wrong. When we pitch we can't hit. When we hit we can't pitch. Something has to give here. This team isnt this bad.

getonbckthr
07-26-2006, 04:57 PM
The lineup needs a serious change in appearance.

JB98
07-26-2006, 04:57 PM
I'm Sorry, but I was never a big Pods fan the way he tiptoes around. Dammit dig in and run. I want Soriano NOW!!!! The Sox need a jump start because they are horrendous to watch.

I disagree. KW doesn't need to do anything. This team has more than enough to win. They have to pull their heads out of their asses and play to their capabiities. It's that simple.

oscars gamble
07-26-2006, 04:58 PM

ALL ABOARD!!!!

These things are good

ice cream and cake, a ride on a harley,

seeing monkeys in the trees,

the rain on my tongue,

and the sun shining on my face

These things are a drag:

dust in my hair,

holes in my shoes,

no money in my pocket,

and the sun shining on my face.

----Rocky Dennis

I am not a poet but here goes:

These things are good:

a steak Pita and a churro, a groundball to Crede,

seeing a long homerun by Thome

A sac bunt

and Mark Buehrle taking the mound

These thing are a drag:

a warm beer, a flyball to Mackowiak,

a failed sac bunt

and Mark Buerhle taking the mound

Mr. White Sox
07-26-2006, 05:00 PM
A deal must be made to shake things up. Maybe deal Mccarthy for Soriano then try Soriano for Zito or keep Soriano. Our pitching is bad or offense as of late is worse. This team needs a kick start. Hell at this point I wouldn't mind bringing back Everett at least then this team could develop an attitude.

First off, Beane doesn't want an expensive rental. Second, no.
Third, since when does this team need a blockbuster trade? They just need to get their collective heads out of their collective asses and execute.

Remember when people were calling for Griffey IN AUGUST AFTER THE TRADE DEADLINE LAST YEAR?!

Yikes folks, sure this is one of the worst losing streaks in the past two years, but one player is not going to bring this team out of the rut that they're in.

Bobbo35
07-26-2006, 05:00 PM
I disagree. KW doesn't need to do anything. This team has more than enough to win. They have to pull their heads out of their asses and play to their capabiities. It's that simple.
I am sorry, but pods ain't cutting it. I am sick of the way he looks at pitches, the way he plays the outfield, and his *****footing around the field like a fairy.

SouthSide_HitMen
07-26-2006, 05:03 PM
That was a contact play. Konerko started running as soon as the ball was hit. That is called before the pitch; it has nothing to do with Cora.

Cora deserved blame for some bonehead decisions over the years but I agree this isn't one of them. Just a bad break for the White Sox - one of many since the Boston series.

Buehrle looked like he regressed from his last start. We continue to suck on offense (about 3 1/2 runs per game since the ASB or 1/2 run less per game than the worst offense in MLB owned by the Cubs have scored this season).

I've been optimistic for the division despite being behind Detroit all season. This optimism has nearly vanished since last Wednesday. We still can right the ship and Detroit faces a tough August but now we have Minnesota to deal with as well. The division title is possible but improbable. A wild card birth will be a bitch this season in the AL and hopefully the White Sox will be up for the challenge starting with the road trip. Baltimore and Kansas City may be the cure for what ails the White Sox.

JB98
07-26-2006, 05:12 PM
I am sorry, but pods ain't cutting it. I am sick of the way he looks at pitches, the way he plays the outfield, and his *****footing around the field like a fairy.

So you want to give up McCarthy and either BA or Fields to get him? No thanks. And yes, the price would be that high. Now is not the time to make a panic move. We are tied for the wild-card lead with 62 games left. Let's not act as if we are 10 games out of the playoffs.

getonbckthr
07-26-2006, 05:15 PM
So you want to give up McCarthy and either BA or Fields to get him? No thanks. And yes, the price would be that high. Now is not the time to make a panic move. We are tied for the wild-card lead with 62 games left. Let's not act as if we are 10 games out of the playoffs.
How we have been playing we might as well be 10 games out.

Bobbo35
07-26-2006, 05:15 PM

If they want it done it can be without B-Mac as part of the trade. 3-4 team trades will make it possible.

JB98
07-26-2006, 05:16 PM
How we have been playing we might as well be 10 games out.

But we're not 10 games out, and that's the point.

JB98
07-26-2006, 05:20 PM
If they want it done it can be without Fingernails on a blackboard as part of the trade. 3-4 team trades will make it possible.

Don't get your hopes up. I don't want to see McCarthy, BA, Fields or Sweeney traded. It's hard for me to believe we would get Soriano without giving up one of those.

Not to mention, Soriano swings for the fences an awful lot, and we've got an awful lot of people on WSI crying in their beer about the recent lack of small ball. Soriano has great wheels, but he IS NOT a small-ball player. I think we already have plenty of extra-base power on our roster.

getonbckthr
07-26-2006, 05:22 PM
Don't get your hopes up. I don't want to see McCarthy, BA, Fields or Sweeney traded. It's hard for me to believe we would get Soriano without giving up one of those.

Not to mention, Soriano swings for the fences an awful lot, and we've got an awful lot of people on WSI crying in their beer about the recent lack of small ball. Soriano has great wheels, but he IS NOT a small-ball player. I think we already have plenty of extra-base power on our roster.
Right now heads up forget who we would send to Washington answer me this question: Who would you rather have leading off and playing left field, Soriano or Podsednik?

eurotrash35
07-26-2006, 05:22 PM
How about Juan Pierre?

getonbckthr
07-26-2006, 05:24 PM
How about Juan Pierre?
If he plays left at least he is still willing to steal bases and swing with 2 strikes. Oh ya and bunt for a hit.

CLR01
07-26-2006, 05:25 PM

What? He is hitting .329 with RISP what more do you want from him? It's not his fault no one is getting on in front of him.

eurotrash35
07-26-2006, 05:28 PM
What? He is hitting .329 with RISP what more do you want from him? It's not his fault no one is getting on in front of him.

It probably sucks too when you get into the habit of taking pitches for the guy in front of you and he starts running like he has a piano on his back.

JB98
07-26-2006, 05:31 PM
Right now heads up forget who we would send to Washington answer me this question: Who would you rather have leading off and playing left field, Soriano or Podsednik?

Soriano, but that's not the only variable in the equation.

Look, I'm not defending Pods. Nowhere in this thread have I defended Pods. He's horse**** right now, and his inability to get on base is part of the reason we're struggling. However, that doesn't mean I'm willing to trade the farm to rent Soriano for two months.

goon
07-26-2006, 05:36 PM
i didn't see the game today, but of the games that i have watched when buehrle is on the mound (when he is getting shelled) he just leaves balls over the plate. i don't have any idea if he is tipping his pitches, though i don't think it matters when you leave an 87 MPH fastball up and over the plate, it's that simple.

as much as i love the sox, it's come to a point, especially after today's game, where i think they have reached as low as they can get. they had a chance to make a statement, to a team that is probably their biggest rival, a chance to stay on top in the wild card race and they failed.

in my mind this is it, this is the beginning of the last leg of the season. they have 62 games to get into the playoffs, it's in their hands and all they have to do is win. they don't have to worry about the tigers, or winning the division, scoreboard watch what minnesota is doing, if they go out there and win, they will get into the playoffs.

for me, the only thing i'm disappointed in is how good this team should be. kenny has done a great job of getting all the pieces in place and for whatever reason this team is struggling.

Argalarga
07-26-2006, 05:36 PM

Why not? Soriano is one of the best hitters in the game, even if his stats are a bit inflated by crap NL pitching. We'd be giving up guys who MIGHT be great players for someone who IS a great player. I'd pull the trigger on a Soriano deal yesterday and have a smile on my face while I did it.

miker
07-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Why not? Soriano is one of the best hitters in the game, even if his stats are a bit inflated by crap NL pitching. We'd be giving up guys who MIGHT be great players for someone who IS a great player. I'd pull the trigger on a Soriano deal yesterday and have a smile on my face while I did it.
Why not? If we have to score 10 runs everyday to win, Soriano would help! :(:

BeviBall!
07-26-2006, 05:41 PM
Same ****ing story, different ****ing day.

JB98
07-26-2006, 05:42 PM

I want to build a solid organization that is going to contend year after year after year. To do that, you need to develop and keep some of your own players. Those four that I listed are our foundation for the future. All other prospects, I wouldn't mind including in a deal.

In addition, I think we have a World Series team with the players we have right now. We don't need anything. The guys here have to stop talking about their potential and start playing to it. It's that simple. I have a lot more confidence than many of you, which seems ridiculous given my reputation as a dark cloud.

Jerko
07-26-2006, 05:43 PM
I just got home from the game, and I don't know if this was posted yet, but Minnesota scored EVERY SINGLE RUN, all SEVEN OF THEM, with 2 outs. That's the difference. Our RISP sucks, they get 7 two-out runs. SEVEN!!! And how the hell was Konerko out at home???? Pitiful. No aspect of the game is working right now. Hitting, pitching, defense, baserunning, nothing. And I'll say it again: the opening day lineup, which is 17-3 as an entity, still doesn't play together. 20 times out of 100 games. Hawk always says there's no continuity; well, I wonder why. If I was Ozzie, I would throw the starters out there every day for the rest of the year and see what happens. Can't get any worse.

DickAllen72
07-26-2006, 05:44 PM
Besides AJ (and I would guess Brian & Juan) - this team completely lacks an edge. As a player and "captain" one would think that he would be trying anything to fire this team up right now.

What did Everett say?

zmz723
07-26-2006, 05:46 PM
And I'll say it again: the opening day lineup, which is 17-3 as an entity, still doesn't play together. 20 times out of 100 games. Hawk always says there's no continuity; well, I wonder why.

Thats a great stat, only 1/5 of the sox lineups is the best one.

I think that is kind of pathetic

JB98
07-26-2006, 05:47 PM
I just got home from the game, and I don't know if this was posted yet, but Minnesota scored EVERY SINGLE RUN, all SEVEN OF THEM, with 2 outs. That's the difference. Our RISP sucks, they get 7 two-out runs. SEVEN!!! And how the hell was Konerko out at home???? Pitiful. No aspect of the game is working right now. Hitting, pitching, defense, baserunning, nothing. And I'll say it again: the opening day lineup, which is 17-3 as an entity, still doesn't play together. 20 times out of 100 games. Hawk always says there's no continuity; well, I wonder why. If I was Ozzie, I would throw the starters out there every day for the rest of the year and see what happens. Can't get any worse.

See post #39. I noted the same thing you did about the two-out hitting.

Jerko
07-26-2006, 05:49 PM
See post #39. I noted the same thing you did about the two-out hitting.

Sorry I missed that post JB. Great post.

goon
07-26-2006, 05:50 PM
And I'll say it again: the opening day lineup, which is 17-3 as an entity, still doesn't play together. 20 times out of 100 games. Hawk always says there's no continuity; well, I wonder why. If I was Ozzie, I would throw the starters out there every day for the rest of the year and see what happens. Can't get any worse.

so the: pods, iguchi, thome, konerko, dye, pierzynski, crede, uribe, anderson; lineup is 17-3? wow. time to start playing them everyday. who cares about being rested at the end of the year if you're not even in the playoffs.

Argalarga
07-26-2006, 05:55 PM
so the: pods, iguchi, thome, konerko, dye, pierzynski, crede, uribe, anderson; lineup is 17-3? wow. time to start playing them everyday. who cares about being rested at the end of the year if you're not even in the playoffs.

That just highlights how worthless our bench is. Gload, Ozuna and Mackowiack add pretty much nothing to the starting lineup, and Widger was a black hole. I like Cintron, but not as a starter. I don't understand Ozzie's obsession with resting starters, especially before and after day's off.

PeoriaSoxFan
07-26-2006, 05:57 PM
I am absolutely stunned that this is happening. It defies explanation. I have remained positive and optimistic, but that is running short. I am not sure I want to see us make a drastic trade if it means giving up our future. As much as I hate to say it, our playoff odds are diminishing everyday. Beddard on Friday. He has made us look sick the last two times against him and he is pitching hot right now. I see another loss coming.

PeoriaSoxFan
07-26-2006, 05:58 PM
That just highlights how worthless our bench is. Gload, Ozuna and Mackowiack add pretty much nothing to the starting lineup, and Widger was a black hole. I like Cintron, but not as a starter. I don't understand Ozzie's obsession with resting starters, especially before and after day's off.

Agreed, it is high time we start playing our regulars REGULARLY!!!

JB98
07-26-2006, 06:00 PM

Are you insane? Our bench is the envy of the league. Ozuna and Mackowiak are both hitting over .300. Cintron has won four or five games for us this season with hits in the late innings. Gload is one of the few players on this club capable of getting a bunt down.

Did you watch Sunday's game? Of our five runs, Mackowiak scored two and Cintron scored one. They were both on base for Gload, who successfully bunted them into scoring position not once but twice. Our bench was largely responsible for our last victory.

I wish WSI would quit blaming the role players on the team for this losing streak. Again, it's the top-of-the-roster guys who aren't getting it done right now.

JB98
07-26-2006, 06:01 PM

You're being foolish. Our bench is doing its job. Again, Mackowiak, Cintron and Gload provided much of the offense in our last victory.

DickAllen72
07-26-2006, 06:01 PM

We have regulars?

D'Sphitz
07-26-2006, 06:03 PM
And how the hell was Konerko out at home????

You're not saying you think he was safe are you? He was out by 2 miles...

goon
07-26-2006, 06:03 PM

well, i don't know if they are worthless, but they definitely don't need to be in the starting lineup ALL the time. generally your starters go out there everyday, while players from the bench start every once and awhile or come in to pinch hit, pinch run, as a defensive substitution...

i'm not pointing to this as the only problem the white sox are having, though it would make sense that the team is having some kind of trouble with consistency. i wonder if ozzie knows about this stat? better yet, if he knows about it do you think he would have the guts to reverse his "rest a starter" philosphy? i hope so.

PeoriaSoxFan
07-26-2006, 06:10 PM
You're being foolish. Our bench is doing its job. Again, Mackowiak, Cintron and Gload provided much of the offense in our last victory.

Are you insane? or sarcastic? What other team plays its regulars less than we do?

kobo
07-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Yeah, I know Lip. That's the question I asked myself. I'm just struggling to understand how a guy who has been the sure-fire stopper is now just getting hit around like he's got nothing. And there was no slow decline, it was overnight.
From what it looks like to me, the opposing team is jumping on the first pitch he offers. And if his location is off and he grooves the pitch then it's either a hit or a homerun. I don't know what it is, but he just is not locating the ball well anymore.

And I am all for playing the bench guys, but not all of them on the same day. Mac should not be starting 3 or 4 games a week, not with the way BA has been playing the last month. It's one thing to rest guys, but now that this team is in the thick of the race for the Wild Card, there has to be some consistency in the lineup.

JB98
07-26-2006, 06:12 PM
Are you insane? or sarcastic? What other team plays its regulars less than we do?

I'm deadly serious. Did you watch the game on Sunday? Mackowiak and Cintron set the table and created all our offense.

Mackowiak, Cintron and Ozuna are all very solid bench players. They all can hit. All are versatile. The bench is a strength of the 2006 White Sox.

spiffie
07-26-2006, 06:13 PM
The starting lineup's record probably is inflated by the pitching they face. Whenever we have a tough matchup on the mound Ozzie tends to sub people in to maximize the matchup potential for R/L and individual splits. Generally that opening day lineup plays only in optimal conditions and against weaker pitching I would guess.

Argalarga
07-26-2006, 06:15 PM
Nobody on our bench should be getting more than one start a week, and not all at the same time. Maybe Mack gets two starts a week just because he can spell so many different positions. But Ozuna is 1-19 in July and should be out of the lineup until further notice. Ozzie isn't using these guys the way he should be, which is as pinch runners and fill-ins, not semi-starters.

goon
07-26-2006, 06:17 PM
The starting lineup's record probably is inflated by the pitching they face. Whenever we have a tough matchup on the mound Ozzie tends to sub people in to maximize the matchup potential for R/L and individual splits. Generally that opening day lineup plays only in optimal conditions and against weaker pitching I would guess.

that could be true, however, i would like to see ozzie putout opening day's starting line for the next two series, with exception to AJ of course who will need a break.

Jerko
07-26-2006, 06:18 PM
You're not saying you think he was safe are you? He was out by 2 miles...

I didn't think he was safe, but with nobody out, he should have either not run, slid, or bowl the catcher over. That 3rd baseman had to go back and to his right just to field that grounder, and he still had PK by a mile.

CommanderPudge72
07-26-2006, 06:19 PM

I am not looking to be a hard case, but isn't that true if the ball is not hit to third, like it was....I think then, you stay....just askin.:?:

Jerko
07-26-2006, 06:24 PM
I'm deadly serious. Did you watch the game on Sunday? Mackowiak and Cintron set the table and created all our offense.

Mackowiak, Cintron and Ozuna are all very solid bench players. They all can hit. All are versatile. The bench is a strength of the 2006 White Sox.

They are solid bench players. I never said they weren't. BUT, they are bench players for a reason. I don't care WHO is on your bench; when you are defending champs, you should play your starters more than one out of every 5 games. How do you think that 15 game lead evaporated last year???? The last week or so they put the starters back in, and they went on a roll. And whoever thinks we have the best bench in the league, well, we just got swept by Minnesota's bench, and the Yankee bench did a good job on us too. Good bench, yes. Best? No.

QCIASOXFAN
07-26-2006, 06:27 PM
I didn't think he was safe, but with nobody out, he should have either not run, slid, or bowl the catcher over. That 3rd baseman had to go back and to his right just to field that grounder, and he still had PK by a mile.I don't know if he could have plowed the catcher seeing how he was he was out by like 10 steps(I'm sure the catcher would have seen it coming). I think he saw the catcher had the ball and realized he was ****ed.

goon
07-26-2006, 06:33 PM
i seriously wonder if ozzie knows about the "17-3" statistic. i almost feel like calling up the score and asking them about it.

JB98
07-26-2006, 06:33 PM
They are solid bench players. I never said they weren't. BUT, they are bench players for a reason. I don't care WHO is on your bench; when you are defending champs, you should play your starters more than one out of every 5 games. How do you think that 15 game lead evaporated last year???? The last week or so they put the starters back in, and they went on a roll. And whoever thinks we have the best bench in the league, well, we just got swept by Minnesota's bench, and the Yankee bench did a good job on us too. Good bench, yes. Best? No.

I was responding to a poster who called our bench "worthless," and then some other fool agreed. I'm not disputing the notion that we should go with our regular lineup more often. I am, however, arguing that our bench is pretty damn good and not to blame for this recent slide.

In fact, I would argue that Buerhle, Vazquez, Podsednik and Konerko are the four players most responsible for our struggles. Not Cintron. Not Mackowiak. Not Ozuna. Not even Politte and Widger.

jenn2080
07-26-2006, 06:47 PM
The lack of consistency for an everyday line up I think is a big factor. I get what Ozzie is doing trying to get all his guys playing time but we need consistency. This losing **** has to stop. Our pitchers need a good kick in the ass right along with the rest of the team

vegyrex
07-26-2006, 06:48 PM
I can't believe corps ball has returned:(:

jenn2080
07-26-2006, 06:49 PM
I was responding to a poster who called our bench "worthless," and then some other fool agreed. I'm not disputing the notion that we should go with our regular lineup more often. I am, however, arguing that our bench is pretty damn good and not to blame for this recent slide.

In fact, I would argue that Buerhle, Vazquez, Podsednik and Konerko are the four players most responsible for our struggles. Not Cintron. Not Mackowiak. Not Ozuna. Not even Politte and Widger.

That is just silly. We have a great bench. We have seen them come through more times then I can count. One off the top of my head is Pablo HR against Seattle I think it is. Pablo coming in to punch run and scoring to win the game or hell laying down a bunt to score the man on 3rd. Alex Cintron HR against Oakland to take the lead and win the game. Our bench is far from useless.

pauliemyhero14
07-26-2006, 06:50 PM
i dont know why you guys are talking about bench players when we have a huge problem with the pitching staff. Mark, Contreras, and Freddy need to turn it around. I cant count Javy cause he's been doing this all year. Our best pitcher right now is Garland who is having a good year when it didnt look like it at the beggining. We dont need to Get Soriano, what we really need is to get is another reliable starter. I am willing to trade Javy or Freddy to get a Zito at this point. At least Zito has proven that he can give quality starts almost every time he goes out there. Just Kenny needs to make a big move to just get the sox to win the wildcard people. The way the sox are playing they will finish 3rd in their division. If they keep it up for a couple more weeks they are screwed.

:messica

JB98
07-26-2006, 06:51 PM
That is just silly. We have a great bench. We have seen them come through more times then I can count. One off the top of my head is Pablo HR against Seattle I think it is. Pablo coming in to punch run and scoring to win the game or hell laying down a bunt to score the man on 3rd. Alex Cintron HR against Oakland to take the lead and win the game. Our bench is far from useless.

Actually, Macko hit the HR against Oakland. Cintron hit a huge HR to rally us against Detroit. You and I agree. We're blessed with three solid bench players in Rob, Alex and Pablo.

chisoxfanatic
07-26-2006, 06:51 PM
Right about now, I'd say that Jermaine Dye seems to be one of the only things clicking here. It's getting frustrating to watch indeed. It seems as if fundamental baseball hasn't been present very much late (except for a few games here and there). They need to get back to playing the fundamental baseball that won them the whole shebang last year, or there won't be any playoffs to talk about.

Hopefully Kenny Williams can get some jewels by the trading deadline.

CommanderPudge72
07-26-2006, 06:54 PM
I can't believe corps ball has returned:(:

Someone please wake me up from this bad dream...

Usually my dreams contain scantily clad women serving me pitchers of beer at the Fan Deck during our 8th consecutive WS win...I like those:D: ....these Sox dreams just blow.:whiner:

markopat
07-26-2006, 06:55 PM
I just finished page 4 of this thread and I cannot read anymore........................................... .................................................. .............................................

Here's to tomorrow.

MrRoboto83
07-26-2006, 06:57 PM

Usually my dreams contain scantily clad women serving me pitchers of beer at the Fan Deck during our 8th consecutive WS win...I like those:D: ....these Sox dreams just blow.:whiner:

This is more like a nightmare right now than a bad dream.

CommanderPudge72
07-26-2006, 06:59 PM
Here's to tomorrow.

Yeah, here's to the day off....give us time to get down to the real business of making plans for the weekend.:cool:

CommanderPudge72
07-26-2006, 07:04 PM
This is more like a nightmare right now than a bad dream.

The real nightmare would be having to sit through this slump watching the games in an empty Cell with Micheal Barrett on side of you and Bea Arthur on the other....with just old Buttermilk to drink....

Now that's a nightmare.:whiner:

Lip Man 1
07-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Carlton Fisk said it best in 1983. I'm paraphrasing...'when we pitch good, I sleep good. I've been sleeping like a baby this season...'

The opposite is also true and I haven't been since the All Star break.

Lip

sox647
07-26-2006, 07:17 PM
think positive think positive think positive:gulp:

i suppose a little road trip should help.

CommanderPudge72
07-26-2006, 07:17 PM
Carlton Fisk said it best in 1983. I'm paraphrasing...'when we pitch good, I sleep good. I've been sleeping like a baby this season...'

The opposite is also true and I haven't been since the All Star break.

Lip

Ahhh, Mr. Fisk...a wise man...I keep forgetting, was he the one with the Frankenscience, or the Murr?

We still need his leadership.

vegyrex
07-26-2006, 08:20 PM

Yes, scantily clad women is good...REAL good. :wink:

Sox losing is bad....REAL bad. :whiner:

Grzegorz
07-26-2006, 08:34 PM

Thank God; a reasonable response. We're buyers and everyone knows it. We have no leverage in any deal at this point. Do the White Sox mortgage their future on Soriano? They do if they're panic stricken fools.

This team will be built around the likes of McCarthy, BA, & Fields. Why mortgage the future to rent a player that doesn't even address the biggest need of this team?

goon
07-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Yes, scantily clad women is good...REAL good. :wink:

Sox losing is bad....REAL bad. :whiner:

i actually had a dream i was on the white sox and we were at a house party in my aunt's house and for some reason playing drinking games..... anyway, i do agree that pitching is the most obvious factor in the current crap streak for the sox. second of course is the lack of hitting in RISP, then last defense and "fundamentals" which i feel have improved over the last week. that being said, i'm starting to think that maybe the lack of a consistent lineup maybe one of those problems under the surface that is too subtle to notice. if i have the time tonight, which i probably don't, i'll go through the few major lineups the sox have featured this year and cumulate records for each.

jenn2080
07-26-2006, 08:49 PM
Actually, Macko hit the HR against Oakland. Cintron hit a huge HR to rally us against Detroit. You and I agree. We're blessed with three solid bench players in Rob, Alex and Pablo.

something like that. Hard to keep fun facts straight some time.

kitekrazy
07-26-2006, 09:39 PM

I agree. A trade today may be worse for tomorrow. I don't think there is one player out there that will make a difference. Babe Ruth is dead.

The blame falls on the players.

pczarapa
07-26-2006, 09:46 PM
Thank God; a reasonable response. We're buyers and everyone knows it. We have no leverage in any deal at this point. Do the White Sox mortgage their future on Soriano? They do if they're panic stricken fools.

This team will be built around the likes of McCarthy, BA, & Fields. Why mortgage the future to rent a player that doesn't even address the biggest need of this team?

Amen, even if Anderson was batting .300 we'd likely be in the same spot. I'm assuming that's who Soriano would replace, moving Podsednik to center and Alfonso to left.

SouthSide_HitMen
07-26-2006, 09:51 PM
Amen, even if Anderson was batting .300 we'd likely be in the same spot. I'm assuming that's who Soriano would replace, moving Podsednik to center and Alfonso to left.

Podsednik cannot play Left Field, let alone Centerfield. Kenny will not pay the price required for Soriano.

Podsednik will not be on the 2007 roster. He no longer has the speed he had when he arrived here and is a liability in the field. He has no power. Thanks for the memories Pods.

thometo
07-26-2006, 09:53 PM
i missed the end of the game today, AGAIN...

All i gotta say is;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/ketchup_jones/WhaHappened.jpg

Fungo
07-26-2006, 10:05 PM
think positive think positive think positive:gulp:

i suppose a little road trip should help.

Funny because last week "a little home cookin' " was supposed to help. I heard the same thing on the post game show today, a road trip is just what these guys need. All the cliches' need to stop... a road trip, a home stand, there's still plenty of season left and my personal favorite, every good team goes through this sort of slump. Really? Name one other 'good' team that has gone through its slump this year. Slumps like this are for KC & Pittsburgh. This team needs to get its head out of its ass and start playing some good old fashioned baseball. This last time through the rotation, with the exception of Buehrle and Vazquez, was much better with very solid outings from Garland and Garcia and a decent effort from Contreras. The bullpen has been shored up and now the hitting just needs to get back on track. If we start firing on all cylinders, look out.

DickAllen72
07-26-2006, 10:41 PM
Name one other 'good' team that has gone through its slump this year.

The Twins.

JB98
07-26-2006, 11:00 PM
The Twins.

The Cardinals too.

Nellie_Fox
07-27-2006, 12:41 AM
I can't believe corps ball has returned:(: http://montevideo.usembassy.gov/usaweb/imagenes/232-01.jpg

Mohoney
07-27-2006, 12:59 AM
Maybe now Mark Buehrle will finally realize that he needs to keep the ball down when he doesn't have pinpoint control.

He doesn't throw hard, so keeping the ball up, where guys can get a nice level swing on the ball, is going to result in him continuing to give up hella-hits.

At least if the hitters have to try and golf the ball, you have a chance of inducing ground balls or popups when the barrel of the bat isn't level.

StillMissOzzie
07-27-2006, 01:45 AM
http://montevideo.usembassy.gov/usaweb/imagenes/232-01.jpg

That kinda looks like Bobby Jenks in a Marine uniform!
Semper Fi, big & wide!

SMO
:gulp:

Nellie_Fox
07-27-2006, 02:07 AM
hella-hits:rolleyes:

itsnotrequired
07-27-2006, 07:47 AM
That kinda looks like Bobby Jenks in a Marine uniform!
Semper Fi, big & wide!

SMO
:gulp:

Sort of a Jenks-Anderson hybrid.

This team needs to get it together.

Sig update time...

Mohoney
07-27-2006, 10:52 AM
:rolleyes:

Not a "South Park" fan, Nellie?

Nellie_Fox
07-28-2006, 01:32 AM
Not a "South Park" fan, Nellie?I love South Park. And as Kyle said, "Stop saying hella, Cartman." It's an annoying term that was cool in California about ten years ago.