PDA

View Full Version : Actual ring drawing question

Timmy D's
07-26-2006, 02:29 PM
I know they are just selling the rings up till July 31st, but when and where is the actual drawing?? We are on the road in KC that date. So just wondering if they are going to air it on t.v. somehow, or wait till Sox return home on the 8th to draw it.
Cant find this info anywhere, so I figured someone here would know. Thanks!!!

ND_Sox_Fan
07-26-2006, 02:47 PM
I know they are just selling the rings up till July 31st, but when and where is the actual drawing?? We are on the road in KC that date. So just wondering if they are going to air it on t.v. somehow, or wait till Sox return home on the 8th to draw it.
Cant find this info anywhere, so I figured someone here would know. Thanks!!!

They haven't announced the exact date yet, but they said it would be during the Yankees series from Aug 8-10.

Edit: Or apparently they have decided on one of those games...

havelj
07-26-2006, 02:47 PM
DRAWING: A maximum of 100,000 tickets will be sold. Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing from eligible Entries received (the "Drawing"). The Drawing will be held at U.S. Cellular Field, 333 W. 35th Street, Chicago, Illinois on August 8, 2006 between 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., during an on-field ceremony before the start of the White Sox game scheduled to be played that evening. If for any reason whatsoever the Drawing cannot be held on August 8, 2006, it will be held between 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. on August 10, 2006. The winning Raffle ticket numbers will be announced by Sponsor at the Drawing. The winning ticket numbers will also be displayed on www.whitesox.com (http://www.whitesox.com).

Timmy D's
07-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Great!! Thanks for the responce. I'll be there.

Tekijawa
07-26-2006, 06:56 PM
Will they call me WHEN I win?

Law11
07-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Cant wait to have this on my finger

ND_Sox_Fan
07-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Even the replicas that the ring raffle people have around their necks would be nice to have as a souvenir.

I wonder if they will make something like that available?

Chicken Dinner
07-26-2006, 07:01 PM
What would the taxes be on that baby?

Timmy D's
07-26-2006, 07:06 PM

Do you think there could be taxxes on it?? I mean, it's hard to put a price on it, it's not like winnin' say a car, which has a MSRP, to it, the ring has more collectors wealth as opposed to anything else. I guess they could break it down to the value of the gems and gold used, but that would in no way be any where near what it would fetch on the open market. Dunno???

I bet anything we see one for sale on EBay w/in a month of the drawing though.:o:

ND_Sox_Fan
07-26-2006, 07:08 PM

The lottery tax withholding is 28%.

I was trying to find the value the other day, and couldn't find any articles that released it. However, one did say that the most expensive ring ever was a Marlins' ring valued at $42,000.

Assuming the Sox ring is worth $40,000 - 28% is $11,200.

I don't know if that 28% applies here, but I would imagine it is close.

HITMEN OF 77
07-26-2006, 07:20 PM
So would I have to pay taxes since I'm out of state?

Chicken Dinner
07-26-2006, 07:24 PM

I would have to say, most definitely, federal and state.

ND_Sox_Fan
07-26-2006, 07:25 PM

Unfortunately, you can't buy a ticket - official rules:

For Illinois residents only. Internet raffle laws prohibit the sale of raffle tickets online outside of Illinois.

cbotnyse
07-26-2006, 07:25 PM
Cant wait to have this on my fingerCant wait to have this on my finger either. :cool:

Chicken Dinner
07-26-2006, 07:28 PM

You can buy a ticket at the park if your out of state, just not over the internet.

MarySwiss
07-26-2006, 07:28 PM

Not quite true. You can't buy a ticket over the Internet if you live out-of-state, but that doesn't stop you from having a friend or relative buy one for you.

I plan to win one, so there. And I don't really care what the tax is; I'll pay it. No, I'm not a millionnaire, but there's no way I would sell a World Series ring.

ND_Sox_Fan
07-26-2006, 07:43 PM
You can buy a ticket at the park if your out of state, just not over the internet.

If that is the case, the internet rule makes no sense.

HITMEN OF 77
07-26-2006, 07:54 PM

Fellow WSI member ewokepelts bought me 2 and I should get them any day now!!

cbotnyse
07-26-2006, 07:58 PM
word on the street is they have only sold around 50,000 .....I hope that holds, much better odds. :bandance:

nasox
07-26-2006, 09:25 PM
3 out of say, 55,000? I'll take that.

ChiSoxGirl
07-26-2006, 10:40 PM
Even the replicas that the ring raffle people have around their necks would be nice to have as a souvenir.

I wonder if they will make something like that available?

I'm with you! I've had that replica on my ring finger (albeit attached to a lanyard hanging around a ticket sales person's neck) and it is absolutely gorgeous. You really can't tell the difference, and something tells me it's just as heavy as the real deal.

If they did make a ring like that available, I'd totally buy one and wear it everyday.

warehouse823
07-27-2006, 02:48 AM
They changed the Ring Raffle drawing to Thursday August 10th vs. yankees. The ticket says august 8th..but it was changed to the 10 for television purposes.

I work split the pot..we also sell ring raffle tickets...or we did.

Timmy D's
07-27-2006, 03:01 AM
They changed the Ring Raffle drawing to Thursday August 10th vs. yankees. The ticket says august 8th..but it was changed to the 10 for television purposes.

I work split the pot..we also sell ring raffle tickets...or we did.

Nothing to do w/ this, but Split the Pot has broken my heart 2X's and although it is for a good cause, I had to give it up. One night I had 20 tix, and the # was 1 off from mine, I rifled through them, and sure enough was one short. The lady behind me had asked me what that was when I bought them, and I briefly explained it to her, and she bought like $3 worth. She was an obnoxious B the whole game, but I knew she had the ticket when the # was shown on the screen, so I turned and told her, she made some whoop whoop noises and lugged her 300lb + arz to go collect her loot, never even thanked me. Guy next to me was like, man I woulda at least come back and bought ya a couple beers, but we never saw her again. The other occurence, was last year, I bought some tix like I always did for every game, but some friends I brought to the game, who sat in my seats, went in on some Xtra ones around the 3rd inning, and I declined, and well you can figure out the rest. At least beer was on them for the rest of the night.:rolleyes:

KMKsuburbannoise
07-27-2006, 09:45 AM
when I win it, i will put it on tour like the trophy tour so you guys can see it.

oh and if someone from the board does win, we best see some pics.

Steelrod
07-27-2006, 10:29 AM
The lottery tax withholding is 28%.

I was trying to find the value the other day, and couldn't find any articles that released it. However, one did say that the most expensive ring ever was a Marlins' ring valued at $42,000.

Assuming the Sox ring is worth $40,000 - 28% is $11,200.

I don't know if that 28% applies here, but I would imagine it is close.
If one was crazy to sell it on ebay, the price received is it's value. This would also apply to the others. Taxes would be based on that figure, I think! I once heard the insured value was around $8,000, which is always more than it's cost.
I guess first win it, then worry about it!