PDA

View Full Version : Does Anybody Still Have Hope?`

Ishmookie
07-25-2006, 10:27 PM
After this so-called free fall into a 3-11 start to the second half, does anybody see the sox turning it around soon? I hope they can and I think they can but they need to soon. It seems like they cant ever get a hit when its needed and pitch but can't hit certain games and vice versa.:angry:

spiffie
07-25-2006, 10:31 PM
:dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll:

Get out of here troll. There's nothing but clear skies ahead for the 2005 AND 2006 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox.

http://acept.la.asu.edu/PiN/mod/light/opticsnature/bluesky.jpg

A. Cavatica
Yes. I do. There were some encouraging signs tonight.

sox1970
I think if you take a look at the Wild Card standings, it really puts it in perspective. It's basically a 3 horse race and whoever plays the best for 62-63 games will make the playoffs. That's all we have to hang our hats on. Will the Sox outplay the Yankees and Twins? We'll see. But a new season starts tomorrow, and I hope they get off to a good start.

Lip Man 1
07-25-2006, 10:34 PM
I think they certainly have a shot for the wild card however they simply can't afford for this to go on much longer. There are to many very good clubs and to expect all of them to play poorly isn't realistic.

To a certain extent the Sox still control their own destiny (wild card) but even that will disappear if they simply don't start playing to their capabilities. (Which the fans have been waiting for basically the entire season...)

Lip

slobes
07-25-2006, 10:34 PM
There's nothing but clear skies ahead for the 2005 AND 2006 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox.

Love it. Count me in.

CommanderPudge72
07-25-2006, 10:37 PM
I think they certainly have a shot for the wild card however they simply can't afford for this to go on much longer. There are to many very good clubs and to expect all of them to play poorly isn't realistic.

To a certain extent the Sox still control their own destiny (wild card) but even that will disappear if they simply don't start playing to their capabilities. (Which the fans have been waiting for basically the entire season...)

Lip

Ahhh, the voice of balanced sanity and reason...not trollish, not naive....

CosmRoksTHHP
07-25-2006, 10:38 PM
Still hope here.
We all know this team is too good to fall into a cub-like 10 game skid.
I would even go as far as to say this is the best time this slump could happen.
Weve got some games coming up against BAL & KC, where we can hopefully get fat and get the ball rolling.
Then after that weve got some more games vs. the yankees, twins & tigers.
If we can start clicking going in to those series well have the best chance to create some space against our closest competitors.

get off the ledge and/or deck.

credefan24
07-25-2006, 10:38 PM
I have hope. I have always had hope. I didn't become a sox fan this year (not saying anyone else here did, just that I think us fans are used to some disappointment).
Hope is a good thing, and no good thing ever dies.

LETS GOOOO YOOUUUUUU WHITE SOOOOOOX!!!!

QCIASOXFAN
07-25-2006, 10:41 PM
Hells yes. Someday the ball will bounce our way and the offense will roll again and we will be back in stride.:cool:

logansquaresox
07-25-2006, 10:42 PM
http://ec3.images-amazon.com/images/P/156584937X.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

southside rocks
07-25-2006, 10:42 PM
I don't necessarily care about the final standings. No, I really don't -- I know that if the Tigers don't stumble, they can have an incredible year of 110 wins or something equally delirious, and that the Sox most likely won't match that. So, fine. As Konerko said, if that happens, tip your cap to them.

I want the White Sox to play White Sox baseball again! That's all. If they do that, I believe they will win enough games to be in the post-season, and that would be wonderful. But I don't want to wait until October to enjoy the 2006 White Sox; I want to enjoy every game, the way they had us doing in May and June.

Do I still have hope? Of course! They're a very good team. Are they going to be the 2006 World Series Champions? Don't know, and neither does anyone else.

soxstarter
07-25-2006, 10:43 PM
The team has gone through definitive "slump periods for the last couple of years. They do have the ability to pull out of it. We know the skill is there. We just have to wait for this emotion driven team to realize they don't have to let this happen.

Referring back to Lip Man...I just hope it doesn't take them them too long.

Frank the Tank
07-25-2006, 10:46 PM
no

bryPt
07-25-2006, 10:52 PM
um, yeah, sure, why not, yeah, okay, uh huh, I got hope yeah. I am positive, yeah, really, sure I am. Right. yeah.

Ishmookie
07-25-2006, 10:54 PM
I think the sox can come out of this it just is frustrating to watch. In September last year they were just as bad, and once they started winning they took off. I know this team is alot better than they're playing and am encouraged by MacDougal and it seems like the pitching is getting a little better. It's irritating to see one lousy hanging curveball kill us. It happens on 1-2 and 0-2 , I know the pitchers are trying to be aggressive but maybe they should waste a pitch. I still have hope though.

Lip Man 1
07-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Commander:

I appreciate it! Of course I could barely read it as I was distracted by Roman's haranguing and screaming! LOL

:D:

What could be the difference since the race is now as tight as a tick on a hound is who comes back from injuries / trades.

That's the scary part...the Sox have been healthy. The Yankees may have Matsui and or Sheffield coming back. That would be unbelievably huge. The Twins may have a combination of Hunter / Ford / Stewart returning.

I don't see the Twins making a big trade, the Yankees almost certainly will try now. The Sox got MacDougle which I think was very sharp and Alomar (meh..) Is that enough to make up for say Sheffield or Matsui or both? We'll see.

CLR01
07-25-2006, 10:58 PM
Ahhh, the voice of balanced sanity and reason...not trollish, not naive....

That's a first.

SouthSide_HitMen
07-25-2006, 10:58 PM
http://www.rvtowster.com/images/Cartoons/dont_ever_give_up_small.jpg

CommanderPudge72
07-25-2006, 11:01 PM
Commander:

I appreciate it! Of course I could barely read it as I was distracted by Roman's harranging and screaming! LOL

:D:

Yeah, I tangled with him about a week ago about something....he does keep coming back at you, if I remember...gotta give him props for tenacity, if not logic:wink:

infohawk
07-25-2006, 11:07 PM
After this so-called free fall into a 3-11 start to the second half, does anybody see the sox turning it around soon? I hope they can and I think they can but they need to soon. It seems like they cant ever get a hit when its needed and pitch but can't hit certain games and vice versa.:angry: I can easily see the Sox getting hot and going 11-3 or better. I think they need to move McCarthy into the rotation and Vazquez into the pen to really get set up for a ferocious run, though. I think that's about as good as an impact trade right now. I think the bullpen has been pieced together nicely and is actually a strength even though KW may not be done with it yet.

Now, if KW were to acquire Soriano (lookin' iffy) and slide Brandon into the rotation, I think the difference would be more dramatic then people might realize. Pods hasn't hit well lately, but even when he does hit well he doesn't seem to be the threat to run like he was during the first half of last year. Soriano would not only wreak havoc on the bases, but give the Sox considerable power from the leadoff spot. Going through Soriano, Iguchi, Thome, Konerko, Dye and Crede would be even more mentally draining on pitchers than going through Thome, Konerko and Dye.

Lip Man 1
07-25-2006, 11:08 PM
He believes very strongly in what he says and I agree, you have to admire his determination even when logically sometimes what he says don't make a lot of sense. (but I guess that happens to everyone...)

It's almost as if he thinks if he says something often enough or loud enough it will come true. (if only it was that easy!!)

Lip

IronFisk
07-25-2006, 11:22 PM
hmmm, let's see - still lead the wild card race, great talent, defending champs - yeah, I think HOPE is the word!

whatever happens this year, let's look at the big picture folks - we have a team that should be competitive at a high level for friggin YEARS!

if somehow we blow it this year, we are loaded for years to come.

cheeses_h_rice
07-25-2006, 11:24 PM
What a sad ****ing excuse of a piece of a **** of a thread.

:rolleyes:

zmz723
07-25-2006, 11:25 PM
um, yeah, sure, why not, yeah, okay, uh huh, I got hope yeah. I am positive, yeah, really, sure I am. Right. yeah.

another one
:tealtutor:

samram
07-25-2006, 11:26 PM
Hell yes, I still have hope, but we've got to see some results soon. There are no moral victories for defending world champs in any sport.

Chips
07-25-2006, 11:27 PM
What a sad ****ing excuse of a piece of a **** of a thread.

:threadsucks

Yes, I have still have hope.

Chicken Dinner
07-25-2006, 11:28 PM
Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheOldRoman
07-25-2006, 11:29 PM
He believes very strongly in what he says and I agree, you have to admire his determination even when logically sometimes what he says don't make a lot of sense. (but I guess that happens to everyone...)

It's almost as if he thinks if he says something often enough or loud enough it will come true. (if only it was that easy!!

Lip
And I was going to compliment you on a RATIONAL first post, unlike the crap you spewed in the other threads...

And how are you any different? You have been chicken little about this team from day one. Everyday it was the same crap with you. If you want to talk about how illogical I am, look back on your comments about Thornton not being a major leaguer, or how KW "made a fatal error" with the bullpen. How many times have you posted the updated stats "as of today, the BP has blown leads in X games"? It has been your cause this year, and your cause is unraveling. Our bullpen is good, and it got better with MacDougal.

What do you want, Lip? I think the Sox will make the playoffs, and you probably don't. Is there a right and wrong? Yes, but not yet. Believe what you believe, that is fine with me. Just don't say people "don't make a lot of sense" just because they disagree with yout alot, or prove you wrong.

PAPChiSox729
07-25-2006, 11:30 PM
I still have hope.

It ends tomorrow.

kevingrt
07-25-2006, 11:32 PM
Yes... :(:

MeteorsSox4367
07-25-2006, 11:33 PM
I'm a Sox fan. Period. I'll have hope until the last game - whether that be in the regular season or preferably, in late October.

Dibbs
I will have hope until it is mathematically impossible to make the playoffs. I am a realist however....I don't believe we will catch Detroit (If I hear one more time about this alleged second half collapse I will puke)....and with Minnesota having the best two pitchers in baseball on the same team.....not looking good....and then there is the Yankees we have to worry about too.

TheDarkGundam
http://www.htmlss.com/examples/images/vsp2.jpg
"DOOON'T STOP BELIIIIEEEEVING!
HOLD ON TO THAT FEEEEELING!"

DSpivack
07-25-2006, 11:34 PM
I believe in a little town called hope...

And whoever said it is a three-team race for the Wild Card is forgetting Toronto.

rowand33
07-25-2006, 11:38 PM
have I lost hope?

no

I'll have hope til we're statistically eliminited.

I certainly don't feel that there's no hope to make the playoffs when we're currently a half game up on the wild card.

am I demoralized?

**** yeah.

CaptainBallz
07-25-2006, 11:40 PM
There's nothing but clear skies ahead for the 2005 AND 2006 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox.

Is there gonna be all the cacti too?:o:

Lip Man 1
07-25-2006, 11:43 PM
Roman:

That was my 'cheap shot' at you for your goofy cheap shot over me 'wanting' the Sox to lose.

That's OK I remember my first beverage!

As far as I'm concerned we're even.

Lip

TheOldRoman
07-25-2006, 11:46 PM
That's OK I remember my first beverage!

:?:

Ol' No. 2
07-25-2006, 11:47 PM

It's JULY for crissake.

Heaven knows, no other team ever came back from being 7.5 games back in July.:rolleyes:

Lip Man 1
07-26-2006, 12:01 AM
No. 2:

Just wondering (and this is a serious question not trying to be sarcastic...)

Has any team ever come back from 7 1/2 down against a team playing nearly .700 ball for the first four months of the season?

Lip

HawkDJ
07-26-2006, 12:02 AM
Yes... :(:

You would.

Ol' No. 2
07-26-2006, 12:05 AM
No. 2:

Just wondering (and this is a serious question not trying to be sarcastic...)

Has any team ever come back from 7 1/2 down against a team playing nearly .700 ball for the first four months of the season?

LipI don't know and I don't care. The Sox played close to .700 ball through July last year and damn near blew a lead twice that size. But what difference does it make whether it's happened before? Does that mean it can't happen? No one had ever blown a 15 game lead on August 1, but I don't recall that bouying your confidence last year. If you want to find a reason to be negative, it shouldn't be too hard, and you're an expert.

Lip Man 1
07-26-2006, 12:06 AM
Just trying to find the facts No.2.

Lip

chisoxfanatic
07-26-2006, 12:11 AM
The pitching truly has not been there (outside of Garland and Contreras), as well as clutch hitting. I find it disconcerting that the last save situation was during the series against Baltimore three weeks ago! I also find it very depressing to see a team trying to swing for the fences in most situations. It's like HR or bust quite often. They need to go back to the fundamentals that won it all last year. If they do that, they will be in the playoffs.

Nellie_Fox
07-26-2006, 12:13 AM
Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Absolutely Bafia-like. I don't want to count, but it might be a new record.

Blackheart
07-26-2006, 12:18 AM
Hey Guys, Scott Reifert's receint blog update is right on for this thread. Especially the part about clubhouse mood, check it out.

Linky: http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/

Ol' No. 2
07-26-2006, 12:19 AM
Just trying to find some irrelevant facts to try to justify my crepe-hanging ways No.2.

LipThat's closer to the truth.

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-26-2006, 12:20 AM
We're essentially 20 games over .500, how can you not?

socaljeff
07-26-2006, 12:23 AM
After this so-called free fall into a 3-11 start to the second half, does anybody see the sox turning it around soon? I hope they can and I think they can but they need to soon. It seems like they cant ever get a hit when its needed and pitch but can't hit certain games and vice versa.:angry:

I can't believe what I'm reading. Face it, people: this is NOT our year. We cannot beat a Twins team that is without its entire outfield OR a Yankee team without two of its main studs. Not to mention an inconsistent Rangers' team that pitched two no-name starters with ERA's over 5.00.

As much as I love this team, the wheels have come off and they're not likely to be put back on. Minnesota, Detroit and New York are simply deeper, better teams. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sox finished in third, 10-12 games out of the divison lead and 6-7 games out of the wildcard lead.

Reality bites.:angry:

TheOldRoman
07-26-2006, 12:25 AM
That's closer to the truth.
:thumbsup:

pauliemyhero14
07-26-2006, 12:29 AM
The Whitesox for sure will turn it around. You guys have to remember that the sox had a bad streak in August last year, and the sox are having it now. How bout this... Tell me when would u want the sox to have a bad streak happen? Middle of July or The end of August and beggining or September?
The sox right now are playing like the god damn cubs and the cubs are playing like the sox. The sox will turn it around and win their division. U can take my word on that.

:garcia: :thome: :elduque: :dye: :uribe:

:messica

yah i am really bored

QCIASOXFAN
07-26-2006, 12:39 AM
I can't believe what I'm reading. Face it, people: this is NOT our year. We cannot beat a Twins team that is without its entire outfield OR a Yankee team without two of its main studs. Not to mention an inconsistent Rangers' team that pitched two no-name starters with ERA's over 5.00.

As much as I love this team, the wheels have come off and they're not likely to be put back on. Minnesota, Detroit and New York are simply deeper, better teams. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sox finished in third, 10-12 games out of the divison lead and 6-7 games out of the wildcard lead.

Reality bites.:angry:I don't care what kind of stupid **** you rant and rave about, but how can you say that we don't have a deep team? We have like 3 bench players that could start on half of the other teams in the league. I have a feeling we will be adding to that before the trade deadline to. We also have 3 to 4 starters that any team would die to have, along with 4 solid arms in the bullpen now. I'm pretty sure every team is scared ****less out of at least 7 players in our lineup at any given time. Its still July 25 buddy settle down, or better yet just jumpship now.

socaljeff
07-26-2006, 12:47 AM
I don't care what kind of stupid **** you rant and rave about, but how can you say that we don't have a deep team? We have like 3 bench players that could start on half of the other teams in the league. I have a feeling we will be adding to that before the trade deadline to. We also have 3 to 4 starters that any team would die to have, along with 4 solid arms in the bullpen now. I'm pretty every team is scared ****less out of at least 7 players in our lineup at any given time. Its still July 25 buddy settle down, or better yet just jumpship now.

Do you think the Twins would trade starting rotations with us?? Didn't think so. Do you think think the Tigers would trrade starting rotations with us?? Didn't think so.

And it doesn't seem to me that neither of those teams is scared of anyone in the Sox lineup, at least not judging by recent results.

Buddy, it's you who needs to get a grip ... on reality. 2005 has come and gone. The Sox have a nice lineup and a handful of good arms. But they have had trouble manufacturing runs all year, and it's finally catching up to them. And their staff (as great as it was last year) has been surpassed by the Tigers & Twins.

It matters not if it's July 25th or September 25th. Reality is what it is, I'm sorry to say.

Domeshot17
07-26-2006, 12:51 AM
chill out. He is right in a way. Right now things are going very poorly. If everyone is scared ****less of our lineup, they arent showing it as our 345 are usually about 2-14 with a solo home run since the break. Our leadoff hitter doesnt get on base, he doesnt steal bases, he doesnt put pressure on the other team. This team needs a TUNE UP and need it fast. The cell has not been very electric lately, the fans you can feel it. Nothing like a game starting with a pods single, steals 2nd after 3 or 4 throws to first, moved to 3rd, and scoring on a single. And if he keeps not doing it, go get Soriano or someone else who will.

Right now, I dont know, its like the energy isnt there. Thome hits a home run its like we are up by 20. They hit a home run and you see the intensity, they know how big each win is. I just hope this team hasnt got "fat and happy". They played with so much heart earlier in the year and now its like, I dont know, we are going through the motions. No one is stepping up besides Garland (theres a sign things are going bad). I think if we have a CHANCE to make the playoffs, we need to either get a tune up via trade, our get our heads out of asses and play some white sox baseball.

to answer the original question: I havent lost hope, Im pissed off as all hell watching us play like crap. I think we need to make a trade, maybe not soriano, but someone that will instantly light a fire under us like himself. I think as bad as the pitcing has been, we need a hitter, because at this point in the season, a hitter can impact every game, and not only 11 of the remaining 60+ . I think in the longrun the pitching could be ok. But a guy like Soriano or Tejada, they are going to make a difference in 40-50 games down the stretch. This team is loaded right now, but so were we in 2004. We need to get back to playing baseball, and getting guys on, and it starts at the top, so if that means Ozuna in LF and Pod's riding pine, im all for it.

balke
07-26-2006, 12:51 AM
I just want to say that this team is far from done. The thing that's strange about this year, is the hitting is so much more there than last year. I have nothing but faith in our 5-man rotation. But the hitting is there, Dye, Konerko, Thome, Crede, AJ. All of these guys are hitting. I think head to head, I never want to see Liriano and Santana in back to back games for the Sox, no matter what team we have out there. But as far as a full season goes, this team is playing way below what it should. And I honestly think that'll show over the next 2 weeks.

Nellie_Fox
07-26-2006, 12:53 AM
Why I love being, first and foremost, a baseball fan:

You're never out of a game. They cannot run out the clock on you. They have to give you your 27 outs. You can still come back from six runs down with two outs and nobody on in the ninth.
It's played (for the most part) outdoors in good weather.
The players don't have to be genetic freaks.
It's a 162 game season. This gives a team a lot of time to rebound from bad spells. Look at the Twins. They were buried a month ago.
Why I hate being a baseball fan:

It's a 162 game season. Even if your team has a terrific season, you have to suffer through 60 losses.
You're never out of a game. You can't just say, "oh, well, this one's over" and turn the channel. The clock isn't going to run out. You hang around, see the winning runs on base in the ninth, only to have your heart broken by a weak grounder for the third out.
I care too damn much. It's incredibly stupid to get this wrapped up in a sport.There is no other game like it.

Jjav829
07-26-2006, 12:53 AM
Of course. Like someone posted, hope is the last thing to go. I still have hope that things will turn around or that a big acquisition will spark us.

Right now, this team just isn't playing very well. There are better teams in the AL.

But like I've said, the Tigers are on pace to win 109 games. Now while I've certainly adjusted my opinion of them, I still don't see them as a 109 win team. However, 95-100 is possible. If the Tigers win 99 games, that means we would have to go 41-22 from here on out to win the division. That's going to be tough.

Yes, the Wild Card is a possibility, but I don't really pay attention to the Wild Card until September. At that time I'll start worrying about where we stand in the Wild Card.

thomas35forever
07-26-2006, 12:59 AM
At the beginning of a scene in Fever Pitch reads "July - Losing Ground." I forget if the Red Sox actually did that in July in '04, but look what happened to them. Let me ask you this: would you rather have the White Sox doing this now or wait until August and September like last year? This is probably the best time for the Sox to slump like this because they have nothing to lose yet. The last two months of the season are when division titles/wild card berths are won. Will every other team in playoff contention go through a slump like this? Probably not, but remember when we played the Cards a month ago and they just plain sucked after that? Things have gotten together for them again and all they can see is sunshine. This team WILL get another 8-game winning streak together and make up all those games they've lost since the break. I know there'll be times when you'll want to run to your room and cry for the rest of the night, but don't give up. Just see how it plays out. GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ol' No. 2
07-26-2006, 12:59 AM
chill out. He is right in a way. Right now things are going very poorly. If everyone is scared ****less of our lineup, they arent showing it as our 345 are usually about 2-14 with a solo home run since the break. Our leadoff hitter doesnt get on base, he doesnt steal bases, he doesnt put pressure on the other team. This team needs a TUNE UP and need it fast. The cell has not been very electric lately, the fans you can feel it. Nothing like a game starting with a pods single, steals 2nd after 3 or 4 throws to first, moved to 3rd, and scoring on a single. And if he keeps not doing it, go get Soriano or someone else who will.

Right now, I dont know, its like the energy isnt there. Thome hits a home run its like we are up by 20. They hit a home run and you see the intensity, they know how big each win is. I just hope this team hasnt got "fat and happy". They played with so much heart earlier in the year and now its like, I dont know, we are going through the motions. No one is stepping up besides Garland (theres a sign things are going bad). I think if we have a CHANCE to make the playoffs, we need to either get a tune up via trade, our get our heads out of asses and play some white sox baseball.

to answer the original question: I havent lost hope, Im pissed off as all hell watching us play like crap. I think we need to make a trade, maybe not soriano, but someone that will instantly light a fire under us like himself. I think as bad as the pitcing has been, we need a hitter, because at this point in the season, a hitter can impact every game, and not only 11 of the remaining 60+ . I think in the longrun the pitching could be ok. But a guy like Soriano or Tejada, they are going to make a difference in 40-50 games down the stretch. This team is loaded right now, but so were we in 2004. We need to get back to playing baseball, and getting guys on, and it starts at the top, so if that means Ozuna in LF and Pod's riding pine, im all for it.I posted something very much like this in the post-game thread. To me, the difference is that they're waiting for something to happen instead of making it happen. They won a lot of 1-run games last year, which many people call luck. I call it making your own luck. They're not doing that now. I'm not sure adding a player will make a difference. They have to get back to that brand of baseball that they played last year, because this has begun to resemble corpseball.

The only positive I got from tonight's game was Iguchi getting thrown out at 3rd. Those are the kind of things they need to be doing and if they get thrown out once in a while, so what? Make something happen.

Nellie_Fox
07-26-2006, 01:01 AM
I wish to nominate "corpseball" and "dark cloud" as terms to be relegated to the scrapheap of WSI history. Corpseball has no meaning, dark cloud has been expanded to include too much.

Chisox003
07-26-2006, 01:04 AM
I know there'll be times when you'll want to run to your room and cry for the rest of the night, but don't give up.
I don't know why, but I almost fell off my chair laughing when I read that.

The sheer image of a 30 year old man scampering out of a room with his hands over his face and a disheveled Sox hat on, all while screaming "LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!" is absolutely hilarious. :rolling:

Sorry, carry on

JB98
07-26-2006, 01:09 AM

Reality bites.:angry:

You're so full of **** your eyes are turning brown. You have a grand total of 10 ****ing posts on this message board. Where were you when the team was going well? Now that we're struggling, you show up to piss on everyone's parade. Crawl back into your hole and don't come back.

I spent my night at the Cell rooting my ass off for the Sox against Santana, and I don't need to read **** like this right now.

Ol' No. 2
07-26-2006, 01:10 AM
I wish to nominate "corpseball" and "dark cloud" as terms to be relegated to the scrapheap of WSI history. Corpseball has no meaning, dark cloud has been expanded to include too much.I sure as hell haven't seen much life in this team lately. Just swinging away and hoping for a big hit. If that isn't "corpseball", what is?

QCIASOXFAN
07-26-2006, 01:20 AM
Buddy, it's you who needs to get a grip ... on reality. 2005 has come and gone. The Sox have a nice lineup and a handful of good arms. But they have had trouble manufacturing runs all year, and it's finally catching up to them. Yes I agree, we have been not been able to score any runs all year long. Are you serious? We still lead the ****ing league in runs and we have only had like 38 since the allstar break. Your a joke.

Nellie_Fox
07-26-2006, 01:43 AM
I sure as hell haven't seen much life in this team lately. Just swinging away and hoping for a big hit. If that isn't "corpseball", what is?I don't know, and that's my point. It's an "all-inclusive" term, to the point that it has no meaning. Hell, if they're hoping for anything, how are they corpses?

TornLabrum
07-26-2006, 07:55 AM
I sure as hell haven't seen much life in this team lately. Just swinging away and hoping for a big hit. If that isn't "corpseball", what is?

FOX FIGHT!!!!!!

1951Campbell
07-26-2006, 08:24 AM
So now I'm supposed to believe that (1) a 7.5 game defecit with 63 games to play is insurmountable and (2) the Sox are going to play .200-.300 ball for a couple more months.

Sorry, not buying it. They look terrible right now, but I still have hope.

simbro
07-26-2006, 08:25 AM
i still have hope. i realize that they have been playing bad lately, but they also slumped in august and september last year. we still have 10 games against the tigers to go, so they are not out of reach. we just need buerhle to get out of his slump and garcia to become more consistent. contreas and garland have been looking good. i am not giving up hope at all yet since there are still 2 months to go.

AuroraSoxFan
07-26-2006, 08:29 AM
Way too much living/dying by the long ball. Seems like almost every run we score is by a homer. Seriously, we have pitched below standards/capabilities almost all year. It is catching up with us. I knew it would at some point if we didn't pitch better. Never thought it would be this much of a slump. But we sure were due for one. Nobody can outslug opponents forever. I think we have the ability to catch DET and/or take the Wild Card. But I don't think either will happen until we can do a better job at limiting runs while spreading our offense around more with some timely hits instead of just belting one out every now and then.

Dan Mega
07-26-2006, 08:34 AM
This ballclub has too much talent to be playing like this for the rest of the season.

I'm frustrated, but not worried.

roadrunner
07-26-2006, 08:36 AM
we are in the midst of what seems like our worst stretch in two years. (Hopefully, we are at the end of it). Yet, if the season ended today we would be in the playoffs. We still have a stud in the pen ready to enter our rotation. Do I still have hope? terrible question - i still love our chances GO SOX!

Minnie Me
07-26-2006, 08:40 AM
The Twins/Tigers are dang good teams. The Sox are not chopped liver but with burhle and freddy struggling lately and Javier a puzzle wrapped in a enigma its been tough.
The Sox are still capable of putting a serious winning streak together and we need a way to shock the team out of this funk.
I think Kenny pulls the trigger on a blockbuster soon.

simbro
07-26-2006, 08:42 AM
This ballclub has too much talent to be playing like this for the rest of the season.

I'm frustrated, but not worried.

yes, that is the perfect way to say it. it is frustrating watching them because you know they are better than the way they are playing, but last with that blown call at first which ended up being the winning run it showed that when things are going bad, everything is against you.

whitesoxwilkes
07-26-2006, 08:42 AM
Of course I still have hope. I'll stop having hope when we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, and not a moment before.

drewcifer
07-26-2006, 08:47 AM
Of course I still have hope. I'll stop having hope when we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, and not a moment before.

Me too. :nod:

Pierzynski 12
07-26-2006, 08:51 AM
Nope. Season is over.

cheeses_h_rice
07-26-2006, 08:53 AM
The Sox are still the Wild Card leader at this point.

Again, what a sad ****ing excuse of a piece of **** thread.

RavenswoodFan
07-26-2006, 08:57 AM
I have hope, but this latest slump has me more concerned than last August. They really need to get it together in the next few games though....

Deuce
07-26-2006, 08:58 AM
Nope. Season is over. One more over.:tealtutor:

ChiSoxFan7
07-26-2006, 09:03 AM
I was at the game last night and i know we all want to see a whitesox winner but i think that the loss last night is one of the best kind of losses there is. The team played well, save for a few blown oppurtunities, but you have to have to remember in baseball failing 7 times out of 10 makes you a hall-of-famer. I think this team is on the way out of this slump. Also if just one other starter get's his act together (Buerhle, JV, Freddy) we should be fine. Our offense can carry two decent starters, but it cannot handle the load more than 50% of the time.

Basically, I predict Wild Card Win, but down to the last week.

PaulDrake
07-26-2006, 09:06 AM
I see we're all full of amity and good will for our fellow WSIers. As for me I find this recent slump to be pretty horrifying on many levels. The Sox are staring at the abyss and need to turn it around pronto. One thing bothers the hell out of me and I'm going to have my say whether or not anyone cares one way or another. How did we get to this place in our society today where it is a mortal sin (sorry I was raised Catholic) to disagree or give honest criticism? In that vein, I think anybody here who stuck with the Sox through such dark periods as the mid and late 40s, the almost Milwaukee Sox of 68-70, the post south side hitmen pre Reinsdorf era, 86-89, and the bad and boring years in the late nineties shouldn't have to have their White Sox patriotism questioned. Maybe their sanity, but nothing else. If you've stuck with this team through any of the above you're entitled to your opinion about this slump or any aspect of this team without being called names. I've left the ignore feature alone since the days of PI, but now it's getting a workout again.

Sxy Mofo
07-26-2006, 09:11 AM
beisbol is a streaky sport. Probably the streakiest of all.

Winning and losing is contagious, you win, everything seems to go right... you lose, everything seems to go wrong. We're in a bad time of the season. Can't get the pitch when it counts, can't get the hit when it counts. But things turn around. Is this really a team capable of playing .200 beisbol for the rest of the year?

mccoydp
07-26-2006, 09:14 AM
The Whitesox for sure will turn it around. You guys have to remember that the sox had a bad streak in August last year, and the sox are having it now. How bout this... Tell me when would u want the sox to have a bad streak happen? Middle of July or The end of August and beggining or September?

The losing streak depends on where they sit in the standings. In the Sox's case, it hurts them more now as the chaser than it did when they were leading. It is so difficult to make up games when the team in front of you is playing .650-.700 ball...everyone talks about the Indians making up ground last year...well, they didn't do squat in the end. They were too far back in the standings for their hot streak to carry them over the top...they dug themselves too deep of a hole. They had to play near-perfect baseball to win the division...they ended up falling apart.

Remember, once you get first place back, you have to hold on to it. That can be difficult in itself.

I make these comments after watching many teams over my paltry fifteen years of baseball fandom, not just for the Sox. I've also noticed that if you're five games or so out of first by mid-August, it takes a miracle to win the division. Wild card? That's a different story.

The Sox aren't going to World Series again this year just because most of the mediots said so at the beginning of the season, or because somebody on this board writes "they're due for a win tomorrow and an eight-game winning streak"...they have a lot of other talented, hungry clubs to play against before their dreams materialize.

I think that they have outstanding potential to repeat this year...whether they do or not depends solely on them...there is nothing any of us can do about it, so sit back and enjoy the games.

Thome25
07-26-2006, 09:15 AM
I won't lose hope until someone wakes me up from this dream I've been having for the past year about the White Sox being defending World Champions and tells me they're mathmatically eliminated from the playoffs.

Ol' No. 2
07-26-2006, 10:40 AM
I make these comments after watching many teams over my paltry fifteen years of baseball fandom, not just for the Sox. I've also noticed that if you're five games or so out of first by mid-August, it takes a miracle to win the division. Wild card? That's a different story.I don't know what you've been watching for those 15 years. Teams blow bigger leads than that all the time. The Sox damn near blew a 15 game lead last year.

Law11
07-26-2006, 11:00 AM
I have to say when these guys slump They SLUMP..
But I'll still be at the games or in front of my Tv every night to see what unfolds.

rattling off 3/4 wins will go a long way..

MVP
07-26-2006, 11:01 AM
This bad strecth will pass. Up till now, the Sox have have had two different types of pressure. They have had the pressure of chasing Detroit and of being chased for the wild card spot at the same time. Perhaps being knocked out of the wild card lead briefly will be good for this team.

Jurr
07-26-2006, 11:08 AM
If you don't believe that the Sox will turn it around, you're delusional.

This team is too good to get totally consumed by a month of bad play, and they'll pick it up. With all the negativity that surrounds the club, they're still a game up in the wild card standings, and they're one good series away from getting back on track.

If you have lost all hope, you obviously can't handle being a baseball fan. I heard that sewing circles are making a comeback. Look into something a little less stressful.

This is what makes baseball fun. Watching the other teams you're competing with night after night makes August and September great. In football terms, this team has lost 2 games in a row. There's a lot of ball left, and it's going to be a lot of fun.

The weak at heart need not apply. We'll email you in October and tell you how it went.

MadetoOrta
07-26-2006, 11:09 AM
What a dumb thread. As long as they are the Chicago White Sox, I will have hope. :rolleyes:

credefan24
07-26-2006, 11:10 AM
Anyone notice that Rogers got ROCKED last night?

Just trying to find some positive things to talk about :)

mccoydp
07-26-2006, 11:13 AM
I don't know what you've been watching for those 15 years. Teams blow bigger leads than that all the time. The Sox damn near blew a 15 game lead last year.
I should have prefaced my statement with "For the most part..."; as you mentioned, there are exceptions.

The Sox almost did last year, but didn't. As I mentioned, the heat was on the Indians to overcome and then successfully hold on to first.

KC did blow chunks in 2003, though. The Sox went five out vs. the Twinkies in August of 2004 and were finished.

Bucky F. Dent
07-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Hope?

I expect them to make the playoffs, maybe even win the division.

Top to bottom, the Sox have the strongest roster in the AL.

Once the top of our rotation gets its act together, we will be firing on all cylinders

russ99
07-26-2006, 11:19 AM

Yup - and he's typically a bad second-half pitcher. Wait till the Tiger pitchers have their dead arm period - hopefully during their brutal August schedule.

Still, the Sox have to get it in gear. There's definite signs of breaking out of this bad stretch, they just have to put a few wins together.

I still firmly believe the Sox will be within striking distance of the division when all is said and done. Falling back on the wild card excuse is for suckers, especially in July.

batmanZoSo
07-26-2006, 11:23 AM
Hm. We own the third best record in baseball and lead the Wild Card race at the end of July. Why should we have hope? :rolleyes:

Greg1983
07-26-2006, 11:25 AM
Yes I agree, we have been not been able to score any runs all year long. Are you serious? We still lead the ****ing league in runs and we have only had like 38 since the allstar break. Your a joke.

How about responding to what he actually wrote instead of misquoting him so you can puff out your chest and show all the world what a big, bad Sox fan you are?

He didn’t say “scoring” runs, he said “manufacturing” runs. AKA Ozzieball, or Smartball, or Smallball, or whatever it was that worked so well in 2005. We haven’t done it consistently all year. Nor has our starting pitching been as good as last year. Nor has our bullpen, or even our defense. We “scored” a bunch of runs in the first half because we were hitting an insane number of dingers. Now that the homers have cooled off, we look frighteningly vulnerable.

It was, at least for me, much easier to hang on during the August/September slump last year, because we had 4.5 months of excellent and highly varied baseball behind us. We had already seen how versatile the team was, and how many different ways they could win. We don’t have that to fall back on this year. Nor do we have a 15 game division lead. I can understand those whose hope is fading.

Oh, I forgot to mention…I’m a troll! I love the Cubs. And the Yankees and Red Sawx. And the Tigers and Twins!

Most of what I see passing as “hope” on this thread and others is pure emotion, with nothing factual to support it. It’s a Cub-fan, rose-colored-glasses mentality that is really kind of pathetic. Then, when someone has a different view of the world, people become little Joe McCarthys, insisting anyone who disagrees with them is a bandwagon hopper or a troll or they don’t post enough on WSI.

I get so tired of seeing White Sox fans pissing all over each other. To paraphrase Thomas Jefferson: not every difference of opinion is a difference of principle. Personally, I do still have hope that the Sox hang on to the Wild Card, and come October, who knows what happens? But given what we’ve seen on the field ever since the Orioles left town, I’m certainly not going to accuse people who see things differently of not being real fans.

voodoochile
07-26-2006, 11:27 AM
yes... actually, I have more than hope, I have confidence.:cool:

cheezheadsoxfan
07-26-2006, 11:27 AM

Yeah, lasted 2/3 of an inning. Hope that's the start of his 2nd half slide.

credefan24
07-26-2006, 11:31 AM
Buerhle can waive to Rogers as they pass each other (Mark on the way up, Ole' Kenny on the way down!).

But as a previous poster has said, Sox need to play their own game, manufacture runs, get some timely hitting.
Lets have Buerhle set the tone today!

CLR01
07-26-2006, 12:32 PM
Yeah, lasted 2/3 of an inning. Hope that's the start of his 2nd half slide.

That started June 24th.

Dansoxfan04
07-26-2006, 12:39 PM
I still have lots of hope and I still believe that the Sox will make the playoffs. It just won't be as easy as we thought. However, I look at it this way, Sox are 3-11 at the start and we are still in first place for the Wild Card, that gives me a lot of hope. Despite doing bad, we still are in a good position, we have 9 games left with Detriot and 6 are at home. We control our own destiny right now, and I see the Sox making a turn around this game against Minnesota. We just need a spark, like Crede's walk-off homer in extra innings against Cleveland on September 20, to get us on a roll again. Pitching has improved, but now we need the run support.

JB98
07-26-2006, 12:42 PM
I see we're all full of amity and good will for our fellow WSIers. As for me I find this recent slump to be pretty horrifying on many levels. The Sox are staring at the abyss and need to turn it around pronto. One thing bothers the hell out of me and I'm going to have my say whether or not anyone cares one way or another. How did we get to this place in our society today where it is a mortal sin (sorry I was raised Catholic) to disagree or give honest criticism? In that vein, I think anybody here who stuck with the Sox through such dark periods as the mid and late 40s, the almost Milwaukee Sox of 68-70, the post south side hitmen pre Reinsdorf era, 86-89, and the bad and boring years in the late nineties shouldn't have to have their White Sox patriotism questioned. Maybe their sanity, but nothing else. If you've stuck with this team through any of the above you're entitled to your opinion about this slump or any aspect of this team without being called names. I've left the ignore feature alone since the days of PI, but now it's getting a workout again.

What aggravates me is when people with minimal post counts log on here during a losing streak to tell us the season is over.

JB98
07-26-2006, 12:43 PM

When you look at Rogers' last four or five outings, the only time he didn't get rocked was when he faced our Sox. :(:

mccoydp
07-26-2006, 01:24 PM
What aggravates me is when people with minimal post counts log on here during a losing streak to tell us the season is over.

That means nothing. Some people may be long time, die-hard fans and exceptionally knowledgeable about the team, but may have just recently discovered the site.

cheezheadsoxfan
07-26-2006, 01:29 PM
That means nothing. Some people may be long time, die-hard fans and exceptionally knowledgeable about the team, but may have just recently discovered the site.

I've been a fan since '59, just discovered the world of message boards is all. And yes, I will have hope until they are mathmatically out of it and if that happens I will have hope in 2007.

GO SOX!!

PKalltheway
07-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Heck yeah I have hope! They'll get their act together! Go Sox!!

Palehose13
07-26-2006, 02:17 PM
Yes. Am I frustrated? Absolutely, but I still believe that they will be in the playoffs.

What I am tired of is the war that pessimists are wagering upon people that do have hope. From what I have seen, they only people really trowing around the word "dark cloud" are the pessimists always writing something about being called a dark cloud.

Dan H
07-26-2006, 03:02 PM
I want to have hope especially with a little over two months left in the season. But with another bad outing by Buerhle today (July 26), it is hard to stay optimistic. It seems like the Sox are playing from behind every game. On the plus side, their hitting is streaky and so it can erupt. However, you need pitching, and they just don't have it right now. It just doesn't look good.

Sox098765
07-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Why can we not remain optimistic? Phil Rogers of the Trib has already given up on the central (http://fynalcut.com/?p=27). Why are Sox fans so unable to be positive?

Halbatross
07-26-2006, 03:07 PM
I dunno, it doesn't look as if the Twins are a fluke and the AL East has it's usual candidates ... one thing though, it certainly can't get worse than this :?:

TheDarkGundam
07-26-2006, 03:09 PM
I dunno, it doesn't look as if the Twins are a fluke and the AL East has it's usual candidates ... one thing though, it certainly can't get worse than this :?:
I don't even wanna think about it getting worse than this.
Only way to go is up...right? RIGHT?!

white sox bill
07-26-2006, 03:12 PM
I'm at work but see thru AOL, we are getting beat 7-3. Maybe cub fans are right--we are the white sux! We not only suck, we swallow and gargle! I want to know when Kenny and or Oz are going to go bizerko on these guys and tip over tables and kick garbage cans etc?

Palehose13
07-26-2006, 03:14 PM
I'm at work but see thru AOL, we are getting beat 7-3. Maybe cub fans are right--we are the white sux! We not only suck, we swallow and gargle! I want to know when Kenny and or Oz are going to go bizerko on these guys and tip over tables and kick garbage cans etc?

It's 7-4 now. The Sox sure do suck. Teams that are 19 games over .500 definitely suck! Seriously, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. Baseball isn't for the weak.

Nellie_Fox
07-26-2006, 03:14 PM
We not only suck, we swallow and gargle! Yet another reason I don't refer to the Sox as "we."

Brilliant post.

RowanDye
07-26-2006, 03:17 PM
I just HOPE we start playing better.

There are 62 games left after today.

I'm guessing we'll need to go at least 35-27 the rest of the way to have a chance at the playoffs, depending on where we get those wins.

We're through one of the roughest stretches of the year and still in the mix and there are 10 games left against DET and 9 games left against MIN (after today).

We just HAVE to start turning this around ASAP.

sullythered
07-26-2006, 03:20 PM
If you don't watch baseball to enjoy it and cheer on your team, don't watch baseball. I always still have hope. And please don't refer to our team in the manner in which you just did on this site anymore. I'm not making a demand, just a request that I believe would be backed up by most here.

They won us a World Series. Give them the whole season before you decide.

white sox bill
07-26-2006, 03:21 PM
It's 7-4 now. The Sox sure do suck. Teams that are 19 games over .500 definitely suck! Seriously, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. Baseball isn't for the weak.

We've lost 5 straight series, we rock! Seriosly, now we do suck. Hold the door for ya?:smile:

RowanDye
07-26-2006, 03:22 PM

Exactly.

Some people think they should have just handed us this years World Series Trophy too.

If you can't handle a pennant race without crapping your pants then why do you follow competitive sports?

Just go watch a movie or something so you're guaranteed a happy ending.

Palehose13
07-26-2006, 03:24 PM
We've lost 5 straight series, we rock! Seriosly, now we do suck. Hold the door for ya?:smile:

Why is it that because I am not as extreme as you, I am automatically the opposite. The Sox are in a slump right now, but the fact still remains that they are 59-40 and that in my book is not a "sucky" team. You want to start listening to cub fans, go right ahead and follow that 39-61 team. Get some ****ing perspective or get off the bandwagon.

QCIASOXFAN
07-26-2006, 03:25 PM
Exactly.If you can't handle a pennant race without crapping your pants then why do you follow competitive sports?

Just go watch a movie or something so you're guaranteed a happy ending.:rolling: :rolling: When I read that I literally almost fell off my chair. That is the truth though. Good post.

Law11
07-26-2006, 03:28 PM
I have hope and my wife has faith...
She enjoys the album...

Erik The Red
07-26-2006, 03:34 PM
When we went through our slump last year we were at least in first place and had the Wild Card to fall back on. We don't have that luxury this year, and we have some damn good teams gunning for the Wild Card lead that we're about to surrender (in utterly disgusting fashion, I might add). Sox fans have a damn good reason to be worried if they so wish, and this ****ing "dark cloud"/troll bull**** that gets posted every time someone voices the faintest doubt about our ability to make the playoffs reeks of the sort of hive mentality I haven't seen since I was in high school.

DaleJRFan
07-26-2006, 03:37 PM
When we went through our slump last year we were at least in first place and had the Wild Card to fall back on. We don't have that luxury this year, and we have some damn good teams gunning for the Wild Card lead that we're about to surrender (in utterly disgusting fashion, I might add). Sox fans have a damn good reason to be worried if they so wish, and this ****ing "dark cloud"/troll bull**** that gets posted every time someone voices the faintest doubt about our ability to make the playoffs reeks of the sort of hive mentality I haven't seen since I was in high school.

:darkcloud:

:redneck

Palehose13
07-26-2006, 03:40 PM

Once again, the person that brings up the "dark cloud" word is someone who fears being called a dark cloud. I think you guys are hallucinating 'cause I don't see too many people calling others dark clouds except yourselves asking not to be called it or asking to stop whatever imagining name calling you are reading.

Erik The Red
07-26-2006, 03:47 PM
Once again, the person that brings up the "dark cloud" word is someone who fears being called a dark cloud. I think you guys are hallucinating 'cause I don't see too many people calling others dark clouds except yourselves asking not to be called it or asking to stop whatever imagining name calling you are reading.
Hooray for semantics. The tag gets more than its fair share of use. And if it's not the "dark cloud" tag, someone is called a troll or the troll tag is used. It got old a while ago.

Palehose13
07-26-2006, 03:55 PM
Hooray for semantics. The tag gets more than its fair share of use. And if it's not the "dark cloud" tag, someone is called a troll or the troll tag is used. It got old a while ago.
Honestly, I can't remember the last time a "positive" poster has called a "negative" poster a dark cloud, troll, or used said tags in the clubhouse in quite awhile.

zmz723
07-26-2006, 03:58 PM
my hope is FADING

TornLabrum
07-26-2006, 04:46 PM

Make that 18 games.

Palehose13
07-26-2006, 05:03 PM
Make that 18 games.

Still I think you (and everyone else) get my point. I think everyone will agree that they aren't playing well right now. But to say that this team sucks or is in the cellar or anything like that is ludicrous when you consider that they are well above .500.

miker
07-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Hope is wishing that the North Atlantic isn't as cold as it seems as the Titanic is slipping underneath the waves...

russ99
07-26-2006, 05:05 PM
Honestly, I can't remember the last time a "positive" poster has called a "negative" poster a dark cloud, troll, or used said tags in the clubhouse in quite awhile.

Maybe we need a "Fingernails on the Blackboard" style of auto-replace euphamism for the "dark cloud" phrase.

I suggest "quitter". :o:

voodoochile
07-26-2006, 05:08 PM
Maybe we need a "Fingernails on the Blackboard" style of auto-replace euphamism for the "dark cloud" phrase.

I suggest "quitter". :o:

That's fine, more beer for the people left on the bandwagon. It was getting a little crowded anyway. I had to let someone ride the drive shaft bump in the front seat, but fortunately they bailed a week ago.

I think Frater is still driving and I ain't giving up my shotgun seat for anything.

Now we got us a game, the question is how will it end?

HaroMaster87
07-26-2006, 05:09 PM
...as for my answer to the title of this thread, see my sig:whiner:

pauliemyhero14
07-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Of course i have hope that they will come back. How could u not have hope from a team that won the world series, a team that has gone through a bad couple weeks ( last year in August ). The sox have experience and they know what they have to do to win. The sox will win the division and soon after become 2006 world series champions!

TornLabrum
07-26-2006, 05:26 PM
Still I think you (and everyone else) get my point. I think everyone will agree that they aren't playing well right now. But to say that this team sucks or is in the cellar or anything like that is ludicrous when you consider that they are well above .500.

Losing streaks always suck. And you have to admit this is getting OLD. So right now I'm pretty POed in general, but you're right. This team does not suck. And if you want to see what the cellar looks like, move to Pittsburgh or Kansas City.

Maybe when the players get fed up enough with losing and decide to just play the ****ing game, things will change for the better. Until then, it's not fun being a Sox fan...but guess what Sox fans? We all feel lousy about this. Even the so-called optimists.

digdagdug23
07-26-2006, 05:26 PM
That's fine, more beer for the people left on the bandwagon. It was getting a little crowded anyway. I had to let someone ride the drive shaft bump in the front seat, but fortunately they bailed a week ago.

I think Frater is still driving and I ain't giving up my shotgun seat for anything.

Now we got us a game, the question is how will it end?

Would you please move your butt over, I am sick of hanging off the edge of the seat!!!

voodoochile
07-26-2006, 06:09 PM
Would you please move your butt over, I am sick of hanging off the edge of the seat!!!

Get in back, I was here first. Trust me, me and Frater aren't much fun anyway, but back there, you got beer and all of the female bandwagoners. There might even be a Trixie or two wandering lost and confused from the wasteland up north...:wink:

NardiWasHere
07-26-2006, 06:48 PM
Its hillarious.

It feels like 70% of the posts are Alfred E. Newman-esque (What me worry?). About 15% are overly pessimistic, and only a select few still have a calm, yet critical grasp on the current state of White Sox baseball.

There isn't much to be excited about. Let's face it, things look pretty grim right now. Nothing aggrivates me more than people who show such optimism without any reasoning.

That being said, there is time..... but there comes a point when you can't say that anymore. Hopefully they start playing well sooner rather than later.

I for one can not take this anymore.

wassagstdu
07-26-2006, 07:06 PM
Not hope, confidence. I have seen how good this team is, and so have you. Maybe I would be less confident if they had just settled into playing .500 ball (which is what those Sox did in 2005, and yet pulled out of it at exactly the right time). The last couple of weeks are some kind of fluke that is guaranteed not to continue much longer because it is SO far below their true level. They will come out of it, absolutely no question, and they will play some great ball. Maybe Detroit and Minnesota will stumble (chances are they will), but maybe not. If they win, so be it, but the Sox will be there.

digdagdug23
07-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Get in back, I was here first. Trust me, me and Frater aren't much fun anyway, but back there, you got beer and all of the female bandwagoners. There might even be a Trixie or two wandering lost and confused from the wasteland up north...:wink:

Okay this really frosts my cookies..........there are several intelligent, knowledgable, and quite friendly female members (and a few mods, as well) on these boards, so WHY (especially when my profile states the contrary) DOES EVERYONE ASSUME SINCE YOU ARE ON THESE BOARDS, YOU ARE A MALE?!?!?!?!?!? The pic in my sig is actually MY hand, looks a little well-manicured to be male, don't you think?

And I am not a bandwaggoner, thanks.
:halo:

voodoochile
07-26-2006, 09:42 PM
Okay this really frosts my cookies..........there are several intelligent, knowledgable, and quite friendly female members (and a few mods, as well) on these boards, so WHY (especially when my profile states the contrary) DOES EVERYONE ASSUME SINCE YOU ARE ON THESE BOARDS, YOU ARE A MALE?!?!?!?!?!? The pic in my sig is actually MY hand, looks a little well-manicured to be male, don't you think?

And I am not a bandwaggoner, thanks.
:halo:

I apologize for offending. I didn't check your profile. Now that you mention it, I do recall that you are one of our female posters.

I am not attmepting to imply you are a bandwaggoner, but we were talking about riding the bandwagon. I am sure you have been on it for a long time as I have, so the analogy stands.

Allow me to rephrase...

Oh, you're a woman? Hop on up front with me... we'll make room...:tongue::redface::wink::gulp:

pczarapa
07-26-2006, 09:49 PM

Go back to last years threads in early September, the sky was falling we were doomed. The way I see it, we're now just another team tied for the wildcard. Maybe that'll be enough to snap us out of our funk. I'd rather see this slump now than in late September, I have faith (but so does my loser brother who is a Cubs fan)!!

voodoochile
07-26-2006, 09:58 PM
Go back to last years threads in early September, the sky was falling we were doomed. The way I see it, we're now just another team tied for the wildcard. Maybe that'll be enough to snap us out of our funk. I'd rather see this slump now than in late September, I have faith (but so does my loser brother who is a Cubs fan)!!

Yeah, but the flubs are how far out of the playoffs currently and haven't had a single 20 game stretch where they looked like one of the best teams in the NL let alone MLB. Not to mention that the flubbies didn't win a World Series last year or even finish in the hunt for the WC, so they weren't exactly expected to blow the doors off the season either.

You have hope and for good reason. What's his excuse.

I'm not trying to turn this into a flubs fan V Sox fan argument, merely pointing out that people who feel hopeless now aren't looking at the bigger picture. There is still plenty of time left to win the division let alone the WC and the Sox are right in the thick of the hunt for the second one tough patch over the past month during the hardest stretch they will have all season not withstanding...

unclegary
07-26-2006, 11:43 PM
Bottom line is... it is tought to repeat. My respect for the Yankees has really increased. It's so tough for all of the parts to work well at the same time.(ie starting pitching, defense, middle relief, closer, clutch hitting.) We had a great year last year and the train is now off of the tracks. There are very few dynasties and I don't think the Sox are dynasty material. The pitching is just out of gas and they need to shut a few arms down and go for it next year. Sad to say... but it is true. Can't wait for college football to start.:whiner:

socaljeff
07-27-2006, 01:05 AM

Grow up ... how about actually READING the message instead of counting the number of posts?????
:angry: