PDA

View Full Version : DYE's Scar

kruzer31
07-25-2006, 09:59 PM
I am as frustrated as anyone about tonights game. Many chances today to get some big hits and could not come through. We have to win tomorrow, the ship is sinking very fast. Anyways, anyone know how Dye got that scar on his face?

Kruze

jongarlandlover
07-25-2006, 10:03 PM
Y'know, I've been wondering that for awhile...If anyone knows, it'd be great to finally know! :tongue:

QCIASOXFAN
07-25-2006, 10:17 PM
So you go from being very frustrated to wanting to know about Dye's scar??:?:

UofCSoxFan
07-25-2006, 10:41 PM
well I knew it would eventually go there...sooner than I expected.

Say hello to my little friend (the Roadhouse).

TornLabrum
07-25-2006, 11:36 PM
Nah, only one post made it to the ****house. Let's keep it that way.

Scottiehaswheels
07-25-2006, 11:38 PM
My guess would be from a fence of some sort... Maybe from tracking down a fly on the run in the minors or little league or something...

TheDarkGundam
07-25-2006, 11:38 PM
Oh, I know...And the story would shock and surprise you.
I don't actually know. I totally got you though, didn't I?

SOXfnNlansing
07-26-2006, 01:16 AM
I wonder if Jermaine went out with Harrison Ford one night and they got into some trouble:redneck

Sox-o-matic
07-26-2006, 02:08 AM
What a great topic. While were at it, I wonder how Brian Anderson got blonde hair? How did Pods meet Lisa Durgan (sp?)? When did Freddy Garcia loose his virginity? Have any current members of our team ever been to Spain?

Really, who gives a ****?

CubsfansareDRUNK
07-26-2006, 02:11 AM
What a great topic. While were at it, I wonder how Brian Anderson got blonde hair? How did Pods meet Lisa Durgan (sp?)? When did Freddy Garcia loose his virginity? Have any current members of our team ever been to Spain?

Dude, you forgot "Why did his parents name him 'Juan' Uribe?" :D:

Sox-o-matic
07-26-2006, 02:18 AM
Dude, you forgot "Why did his parents name him 'Juan' Uribe?" :D:

Good point. Perhaps the name 'Juan' has had some psychological affect on him that causes him to loose focus at the plate and go into prolonged droughts.

nevr say dye sox
07-26-2006, 07:52 AM
Sox O matic to answer your question about How Scotty Pods met Lisa Dergan, I have a freind who is a baseball agent in Hinsdale, and Pods use to be thier client, they intorduced Pods to Lisa Dergan.

mwc44
07-26-2006, 08:07 AM
Sox O matic to answer your question about How Scotty Pods met Lisa Dergan, I have a freind who is a baseball agent in Hinsdale, and Pods use to be thier client, they intorduced Pods to Lisa Dergan.

I feel a "KW/airport/cell phone" turn about to be made in this thread...

BainesHOF
07-26-2006, 08:58 AM
What's so bad about seeing a guy with a big scar across his face and wondering how he got it?

mrfourni
07-26-2006, 09:00 AM
I hear he used to tell Carl Everett it was a Raptor Scar

Jenks4Pres
07-26-2006, 10:44 AM

Amen. The people on this board really worry me sometimes. How did Dye get that scar on his face? Get a life!

bigsqwert
07-26-2006, 10:50 AM

Really, who gives a ****?How does one loose their virginity?

rdwj
If you must know - Dye used to have big boil type of thing on his face. It was pretty nasty looking. He got it removed and there is now a little scar there instead - it looks much better.

southside rocks

Oooh, oooh, I know, I know!

1. Miss Clairol "Summer Breeze" -- re-apply every 6-8 weeks.

2. At a convention of Really Pretty People Who Aren't Too Bright.

3. Turned it loose when he was just a young youth, and that's all you need to know about that.

4. Spain?!?! ***?

Wordwoman
07-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Hmmm. People jumping on Kruze just because he had the audacity to wonder how Dye got that scar. Maybe, just maybe, he wanted to take his mind off of everyone jumping off bridges because the Sox are in an all around slump right now. Funny thing is--------over 700 people looked at the post titled, "Dye's Scar."

CaptainBallz
07-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Question:

Does the "Fan-O-Meter" actually gauge fan-itude based on the loudness of the overall fan-osity in the stadium or is it all just smoke and mirrors to make us think our fan-itude is being called into question by the Fan-O-Meter, when really it's not dependent on fan-osity at all??

BTW, Dye's scar is a result of a previous run-in between his face and a foreign object that doesn't take kindly to faces.

GarlandFan21
07-26-2006, 11:49 AM
If you must know - Dye used to have big boil type of thing on his face. It was pretty nasty looking. He got it removed and there is now a little scar there instead - it looks much better.
is this true? i sometimes have trouble with the sarcasm on these boards:redface:

kkappelk
07-26-2006, 11:52 AM
Anyways, anyone know how Dye got that scar on his face?

Kruze
IIRC, he got after crashing an ATV in the dessert in AZ the summer before coming to the Sox. His wife was riding on the back and she apparently still has a limp.

regionsox73
07-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Usually a national media outlet will report on it (like Fox) and talk about it every time he is up. Like NBA and talking about Hornacek's routine before every free throw. Drew Brees and the mole. Etc. I have never head about the Dye scar and I was curious too. Nothing like you Gamboa bashers from Alsip to jump all over the poor guy.

jongarlandlover
07-26-2006, 02:00 PM
Oooh, oooh, I know, I know!

1. Miss Clairol "Summer Breeze" -- re-apply every 6-8 weeks.

2. At a convention of Really Pretty People Who Aren't Too Bright.

3. Turned it loose when he was just a young youth, and that's all you need to know about that.

4. Spain?!?! ***?

hahaha. niiiice.

gave me a laugh in the midst of the sox pretty much sucking (except for jon.)

TheOldRoman
07-26-2006, 02:11 PM
Nothing like you Gamboa bashers from Alsip to jump all over the poor guy. Go **** yourself, :dtroll:.

Nellie_Fox
07-26-2006, 03:03 PM
How does one loose their virginity?With a chastity wrench?

Wordwoman
07-26-2006, 03:10 PM
Usually a national media outlet will report on it (like Fox) and talk about it every time he is up. Like NBA and talking about Hornacek's routine before every free throw. Drew Brees and the mole. Etc. I have never head about the Dye scar and I was curious too. Nothing like you Gamboa bashers from Alsip to jump all over the poor guy.

I'll have you know that Alsip was just voted one of the top five USA cities to live in.

Norberto7
07-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Ah, this thread allows me to recall my favorite WSI thread title...

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53050&highlight=BUMP+HEAD

PatK
07-27-2006, 12:16 PM
I love when people use a "member since" date to belittle others.

JohnBasedowYoda
07-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Oh, I know...And the story would shock and surprise you.
I don't actually know. I totally got you though, didn't I?

I was going to guess he fell on his transformer while chugging a Dr.P

digdagdug23
07-27-2006, 12:29 PM
your bandwagon date is on everyone of your posts.

So since I joined in November it means that I am a band wagonner? I have been coming to this site since before the '05 season began (a friend gave me the link), but never got around to joining until last November. Been a Sox fan since 1966, but apparently joining this site on a certain date makes you less of a fan.....okay then. Just wanted to clarify that. :redneck

You know, ever since JD ws in Oakland, I have wondered the same derned thing, but had never heard. The only reason I wonder is because when they show the close-ups of the batters on TV, it is magnified, thus arrousing a curiousity, nothing even close to resembling stalker-ish. Glad I didn't start this thread. :wink:

StockdaleForVeep
07-27-2006, 12:47 PM
How does one loose their virginity?

How can u loose something unless your daver and you loose arrows into the night sky

Also, like many people with scars like that, i believe he got it from chicken pox

Tekijawa
07-27-2006, 12:51 PM
His scar is probably as big a mystery as Tina Fey's...

bafiarocks03
07-27-2006, 02:08 PM
I dunno about Jermaine's but.
D'Angelo has this big scar going all the way down the back of his neck, and now he got a tatoo to cover it.

it was from when he got in that bad car accident and almost died and like broke everything.
Sadd

rdwj
07-27-2006, 02:46 PM
is this true? i sometimes have trouble with the sarcasm on these boards:redface:

I was looking for a picture of the boil, but I can't find one. I'm 95% sure that is the reason for the scar. I could have sworn I'd seen a picture somewhere