PDA

View Full Version : Neal's Meltdown

soxchick20
07-25-2006, 01:55 PM
Anyone Happen To Watch The Postgame Show And See Neal Cotts In The Dugout. You Cant Blame Him, But Boy Did He Go Crazy. I Guess I Would Be Pretty Pissed Too After Letting Up A 3run Homer.

WizardsofOzzie
07-25-2006, 01:56 PM
Anyone Happen To Watch The Postgame Show And See Neal Cotts In The Dugout. You Cant Blame Him, But Boy Did He Go Crazy. I Guess I Would Be Pretty Pissed Too After Letting Up A 3run Homer.

I still blame Vasquez for putting them in that spot in the first place, and further i blame ozzie for even letting vasquez start the 7th

Chicken Dinner
07-25-2006, 01:58 PM
He hates thoses pails.

Garland_IS_God
07-25-2006, 02:03 PM
It seems Ozzie is too loyal to his starters. Javy should have been taking out after the 2 run shot that ties the game in the 6th. Vazquez would make a great Long Relief man out of the bullpen. I know its been said a million times but put McCarthy in the 5 spot and Vazquez in the pen. Or let Vazquez pitch till the 5th inning then get him outta there no matter what the situation is. I have no confidence in Javy when it comes to the 6th inning.

soxchick20
07-25-2006, 02:04 PM
I Was Disgusted With Vazquez The Whole Time. Can Anyone Remember The Last Time He Pitched Well And We Won? Honestly, The Most Recent That Comes To Mind Was In May Against Oakland.

jenn2080
07-25-2006, 02:06 PM
I Was Disgusted With Vazquez The Whole Time. Can Anyone Remember The Last Time He Pitched Well And We Won? Honestly, The Most Recent That Comes To Mind Was In May Against Oakland.

KC in like May ?

INSox56
07-25-2006, 02:07 PM
:hijacked: MAN there is a lot of this around the last few days. If it's not Soriano brought into a topic, it's Vazquez (though he's somewhat related). Topic is Neal going nuclear on that bazooka joe. BAM!

jenn2080
I did see Neal in the dugout...he was :angry: :angry: :angry: Cant really blame him. Vazquez needs to go before he becomes the bad seed in the club house.

santo=dorf

Against the Cardinals

jenn2080
07-25-2006, 02:08 PM
:hijacked: MAN there is a lot of this around the last few days. If it's not Soriano brought into a topic, it's Vazquez (though he's somewhat related). Topic is Neal going nuclear on that bazooka joe. BAM!

he pulled a Maddux

INSox56
07-25-2006, 02:09 PM
My god I laughed for like an hour after watching Maddux. That trainer just sat there, didn't even FLINCH! LOL Probably was scared if he did the bat would turn on HIM

07-25-2006, 02:10 PM
Against the Cardinals

And we scored 21 runs for him that game.....11 runs after 3 innings...I could have held that lead

Deuce
07-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Gotta give it up for Neal. He did his best. Says a lot that he put the blame on himself, though I doubt anyone could honestly blame him for the runs. Second and third with no outs is a formula for disaster. His luck simply ran out.

QCIASOXFAN
07-25-2006, 02:34 PM
Gotta give it up for Neal. He did his best. Says a lot that he put the blame on himself, though I doubt anyone could honestly blame him for the runs. Second and third with no outs is a formula for disaster. His luck simply ran out. Maybe one good thing came of this, like never to pitch to Mauer ever again. He is only 23 and we are going to have to see this guy for the next 10 years probably because he is a franchise player. People think Sweeny is the biggest Sox killer, I don't even want to think about what Mauer will do to us if we don't start being very careful with him.

MagicNumber22
07-25-2006, 02:39 PM
I hate to say it, but I was happy to see Neal angry like he was last night. Besides Ozzie going nuts on Garland, that was the first time during this slump that I've seen some emotion out of one of these players. It's good to know that they react to those things like we do. I mean, if he walked into the dugout and didn't say anything, I would assume he didn't care. Someone needs to light a fire under these guys, and even though it was Joe Mauer, I'm glad it was done.

CommanderPudge72
07-25-2006, 02:41 PM
He does that quite frequently when he gives up a homer...hits his glove repeatedly against the back of the bench...

He melted, but I would rather him save the histrionics and not groove the ball when he gets behind. Sometimes, its better to give the walk, and go after the next guy.:angry:

jongarlandlover
07-25-2006, 02:48 PM
No, I didn't see it, I was too mad to keep watching TV.

Neal tends to get uber mad when he gives up a homerun, he'll slam his glove down on the bench a couple a times, I'm assuming that's what he did this time?

Deuce
07-25-2006, 02:49 PM
He melted, but I would rather him save the histrionics and not groove the ball when he gets behind. Sometimes, its better to give the walk, and go after the next guy.:angry:He inherited 2 runners in scoring position with no outs. That does not leave much room for error, especially late in the game when you don't have the lead. The pressure was phenomenal and he did a great job in getting the first two outs. He shouldn't have faced Mauer in the first place, but given that he wasn't pulled and that a walk would have loaded the bases, I don't have a problem with Neal pitching to him. Mauer was 0-3 so far in the day, and it was a decent gamble that he would overthink it. He didn't and it cost us.

hi im skot
07-25-2006, 02:56 PM

Off topic:

Can I ask why you capitalize every single word? It's just a little distracting, that's all...nothing personal.

On topic:

As for Neal, I missed (or rather didn't have to suffer through) last night's game. However, I agree with the posters who have said it's nice to see some fire in these guys.

Losing sucks...especially when you know you're better than what your recent performances suggest.

soxchick20
07-25-2006, 02:57 PM
No, I didn't see it, I was too mad to keep watching TV.

Neal tends to get uber mad when he gives up a homerun, he'll slam his glove down on the bench a couple a times, I'm assuming that's what he did this time?
THIS TIME WAS A LITTLE MORE INTENSE. HE PICKED UP A COOLER OR SOMETHING AND WAS SLAMMING AGAINST THE BENCH AND THINGS WERE FLYING. PLUS, YOU COULD READ HIS LIPS THE WHOLE TIME SCREAMING "****....****.....****".

Mod edit: The part in red is where you evaded the language filter. See you in a week.

southside rocks
07-25-2006, 03:00 PM
THIS TIME WAS A LITTLE MORE INTENSE. HE PICKED UP A COOLER OR SOMETHING AND WAS SLAMMING AGAINST THE BENCH AND THINGS WERE FLYING. PLUS, YOU COULD READ HIS LIPS THE WHOLE TIME SCREAMING "Bleep" (a bunch of times).

Yeah, I saw it. Anderson and Konerko were politely turning their backs on him, to give him a little privacy for his freakout. :(: Had to feel badly for Neal ...

INSox56
07-25-2006, 03:03 PM
THIS TIME WAS A LITTLE MORE INTENSE. HE PICKED UP A COOLER OR SOMETHING AND WAS SLAMMING AGAINST THE BENCH AND THINGS WERE FLYING. PLUS, YOU COULD READ HIS LIPS THE WHOLE TIME SCREAMING "****....****.....****".

Mod edit: The part in red is where you evaded the language filter. See you in a week.
:wired::wired::wired: WHENEVER I SEE POSTS IN ALL CAPS I THINK OF ANCHORMAN!!!!!!!!!! "LOUUUUUUUUUUD NOISEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!" ...jeez!

CommanderPudge72
07-25-2006, 03:04 PM
He inherited 2 runners in scoring position with no outs. That does not leave much room for error, especially late in the game when you don't have the lead. The pressure was phenomenal and he did a great job in getting the first two outs. He shouldn't have faced Mauer in the first place, but given that he wasn't pulled and that a walk would have loaded the bases, I don't have a problem with Neal pitching to him. Mauer was 0-3 so far in the day, and it was a decent gamble that he would overthink it. He didn't and it cost us.

True, he was in tough position...that happens to relief pitchers.

He did get the two outs, got behind Mauer, tried to get over and got tagged.

Mauer was 0-3, but he is batting .380....chances are he dosen't go 0-4 and he is good enough to get a throw over.

That's all I am sayin.

Sell Jerry Sell!
07-25-2006, 03:56 PM
or maybe Neal is under a lot of pressure since he was called into KW's office and said that if he hears his name in a trade rumor it is in fact true. I'm friends with Neal and he told me this!

CLR01
07-25-2006, 08:57 PM
or maybe Neal is under a lot of pressure since he was called into KW's office and said that if he hears his name in a trade rumor it is in fact true. I'm friends with Neal and he told me this!

That's funny because I heard just this morning that the Sox were going to trade him to KC for a couple dozen bleacher seats. It must be true. :rolleyes:

jongarlandlover
07-25-2006, 11:58 PM

Oh dear. Poor Neal.

southside rocks
07-26-2006, 12:07 AM

Yeah, that sounds like Kenny Williams' style.