PDA

View Full Version : Well one guy is out of the running for 5th spot..

HawkDJ
02-17-2002, 12:29 PM
According to the Daily Herald:

Rocky Biddle, who went 7-8 with a 5.39 ERA in 30 games (21 starts) last season, is still recovering from shoulder surgery and could miss the entire year.

So it looks like that means no 5th spot in the rotation for Biddle and his sideburns. Since I'm new here I don't know whether you guys like him or not, but I'm just relaying the news. :smile:

Zach

OfficerKarkovice
02-17-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2

So it looks like that means no 5th spot in the rotation for Biddle and his sideburns. Since I'm new here I don't know whether you guys like him or not, but I'm just relaying the news. :smile:

Zach

Well you've got one Rock fan right here. :rocked

RichH55
02-17-2002, 12:41 PM
What is Rocky? 26? 27? Coming off a year partly missed due to injury and another one where that can be expected again? And its not like he was one of those definately in our plans guys either.....Rocky I'm assuming will have a shot at the bullpen in 2003....I hope he makes it, but it could be his last chance

CerberusWG
02-17-2002, 12:42 PM
Lets hope Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr gets the 5th spot.

Bmr31
02-17-2002, 01:17 PM

Zach

oh no! Who will get "rocked" every 5th day, now??? :)

Chisox_cali
02-17-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
Lets hope Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr gets the 5th spot.

I'm with you, and I see i've started a mini-nickname for Matt. :smile:
http://whitesox.mlb.com/cws/photo/ph_play_mugshot_407825.jpg
"GRRRRRRRRRRR. That spot is Mine!"

RedPinStripes
02-17-2002, 03:50 PM
He might miss the entire year? ***? He had minor surgury didn't he? This don't sound right.

Spiff
02-17-2002, 04:26 PM

Zach

Third post and he's already using the quote feature better than I do...*sigh* :(:

Pete_SSAC
02-17-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
He might miss the entire year? ***? He had minor surgury didn't he? This don't sound right.

Yeah, that doesn't sound, right because I remember hearing that it really wasn't major surgery.

- Pete

Chisox_cali
02-17-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC

Yeah, that doesn't sound, right because I remember hearing that it really wasn't major surgery.

- Pete

He did have it towards the end of the season though, it may not have healed right or something you never know

RedPinStripes
02-17-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

He did have it towards the end of the season though, it may not have healed right or something you never know

Probably don't help that he's had every ligament and tendon operated on by the age of 26

Pete_SSAC
02-17-2002, 05:59 PM

Probably don't help that he's had every ligament and tendon operated on by the age of 26

Is it time to start calling him Bionic Biddle now?

- Pete

RedPinStripes
02-17-2002, 06:03 PM

- Pete

We'll see if he can ever get out of the 4th inning again. He needs to change his intro song too. I couldn't believe it last year when I saw rocky warming up before the game and they were playing "Let's get Rocked" by Def Lepard. What the hell is he thinking?

Bmr31
02-17-2002, 06:03 PM

- Pete

nah, ROCKED is more appropriate...

Bmr31
02-17-2002, 06:05 PM

We'll see if he can ever get out of the 4th inning again. He needs to change his intro song too. I couldn't believe it last year when I saw rocky warming up before the game and they were playing "Let's get Rocked" by Def Lepard. What the hell is he thinking?

*****!!!

RichH55
02-17-2002, 07:15 PM

- Pete

Apparently Cal Eldred's veteran influence went further than we expected:)

kermittheefrog
02-17-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by RichH55

Apparently Cal Eldred's veteran influence went further than we expected:)

Damn veteran influcenes screwing things up.

Daver
02-17-2002, 11:51 PM
I have checked everywhere,and I can't find anyone that backs up this guys story.Either he is way in the know or he is talking out of his rear.

kermittheefrog
02-17-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by daver
I have checked everywhere,and I can't find anyone that backs up this guys story.Either he is way in the know or he is talking out of his rear.

Me too Daver. I half dismissed this whole thing just because no one has backed up the idea that Biddle would be out. It would be pretty big news in Sox camp.

RichH55
02-17-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

Me too Daver. I half dismissed this whole thing just because no one has backed up the idea that Biddle would be out. It would be pretty big news in Sox camp.

Well no news is good news here......Still this is probably Rocky's last chance(unless he learns how to pitch left-handed)

Daver
02-17-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

Minor surjery is not a reason to miss a season,maybe his dad can tell me more.

awesomefan
02-18-2002, 01:54 AM
White Sox Management is makin' me real mad already.

They've been tellin' everyone that all the pitchers are good to go & feelin' no pain.

Then they come up with Jim Parque won't be ready & now this story that Rocky Biddle will probably be out for the season.

This STUFF better stop pretty darn soon. I'm so sick & tired of White Sox Management just flat out lyin' their A$$E$ off.

What creeps...just tryin' to sell more season tickets I guess.

RedPinStripes
02-18-2002, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by awesomefan

:reinsy
"hehehehehehe....SUCKERS!

Meatpants
02-18-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by daver

FWIW

I think the original post was referring to this article:

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sox_story.asp?intID=3730418

hold2dibber
02-18-2002, 01:24 PM

They've been tellin' everyone that all the pitchers are good to go & feelin' no pain.

Then they come up with Jim Parque won't be ready & now this story that Rocky Biddle will probably be out for the season.

This STUFF better stop pretty darn soon. I'm so sick & tired of White Sox Management just flat out lyin' their A$$E$ off.

Ummmm ... I think it rather unlikely that that Sox management views the health status of Rocky Biddle to be the lynch pin of the team's ticket sales success.

In any event, I heard Nardi on MVP radio yesterday and he went on and on about the many pitchers in camp, naming names and pointing out that Barcelo, Wunsch, Parque and Osuna all look strong and healthy. He talked about Rauch, Guerrier, Malone, Ullicia (sp?), Garland, and Glover. But he never once mentioned Biddle and the hosts never once asked. It made me wonder if Rocky's injury was worse than we thought -- and then I saw this post which (seemingly) confirms my fears.

I hope its not true because, in addition to the likely attendance problems , Biddle seems to me to have a huge upside and, if not the fifth starter, appeared to me to be the perfect guy to pick up the Sean Lowe role.

bjmarte
02-18-2002, 05:13 PM

Actually the article (http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?article_id=cws_20020216_workout _news&team_id=cws) on spring training at the official site seems to indicate that there is some problem.

Rocky Biddle (shoulder surgery) is the lone White Sox pitcher being held back.

HawkDJ
02-18-2002, 06:30 PM
Hey don't get mad at me, I just read the newspaper and posted it here.

Daver
02-18-2002, 06:41 PM
Hey don't get mad at me, I just read the newspaper and posted it here.

This is still the only place that reports it,which is why I question it.I can't find any proof that backs this guys story up.