PDA

View Full Version : Who catches tonight??

Chicken Dinner
07-25-2006, 11:34 AM
Does Ozzie go for the righty-lefty against Santana and start Alomar (1 for 3 with a double) or does he stick with AJ (1 for 5 2 K's) and save Sandy for tomorrow?

kevingrt
07-25-2006, 11:37 AM
Does Ozzie go for the righty-lefty against Santana and start Alomar (1 for 3 with a double) or does he stick with AJ (1 for 5 2 K's) and save Sandy for tomarrow?

I think he should save Sandy for tomorrow so Buehrle can have his favorite catcher out there behind the dish.

07-25-2006, 11:41 AM
U know Ozzie and his righty/lefty match ups...look for ozuna and sandy tonight

soxfan13
07-25-2006, 11:44 AM
I think Sandy is going to start tomorrow with Mark on the mound.

cbotnyse
07-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Based on Ozzie's obsession, I wouldn't be surprised with Sandy starting...but I'll go with AJ tonight.

southside rocks
07-25-2006, 11:46 AM
I too think that Alomar goes tomorrow, to catch Buehrle. I get the impression that one of the reasons Alomar was acquired was so that he could help Buehrle get back on track.

That would also be consistent with Ozzie's program of sitting AJ on a day game (tomorrow) after a night game (tonight).

CommanderPudge72
07-25-2006, 12:00 PM
Yep, I think AJ then Sandy...their numbers are similiar against Santana, and since we have a day game after a night...its either six of one or half dozen of another.

Law11
07-25-2006, 12:03 PM
Spanky Laveille (sp)

itsnotrequired
07-25-2006, 12:05 PM
I vote AJ. Let Sandy catch Mark tomorrow.

DickAllen72
07-25-2006, 12:09 PM
I vote AJ. Let Sandy catch Mark tomorrow.

Agreed. We need to throw some lefties in there against Santana. Tomorrow is a day game after a night game, a good time to rest A.J. and let Alomar catch Buehrle.

oeo
07-25-2006, 12:12 PM
I'm sick of the bull****, lefty-righty stuff. How often does this actually work to our advantage? I seriously do not remember Ozzie being this bad last year (with the matchups), and distinctly remember Hawk always saying that he went with his gut.

Let Sandy catch Mark and get him going again.

ZachAL
07-25-2006, 01:06 PM
Spanky Laveille (sp)

I'll second that!

JB98
07-25-2006, 01:16 PM
I'd have AJ catch tonight, but Ozzie hasn't called yet to ask my opinion.

07-25-2006, 01:25 PM
I'm sick of the bull****, lefty-righty stuff. How often does this actually work to our advantage? I seriously do not remember Ozzie being this bad last year (with the matchups), and distinctly remember Hawk always saying that he went with his gut.

Let Sandy catch Mark and get him going again.'

I agree, until we start winning again and get out of this hole, the best players play...no more Gload or righty lefty match ups....although Cintron doesn't bother me as much...I like Ozuna at the plate, NOT in the field

ShoelessJoeS
07-25-2006, 01:40 PM
Look for as many righties as we can possibly find to be in the lineup tonight....so I'm guessing Sandy.

Mohoney
07-25-2006, 01:43 PM
If AJ catches tonight, that's 5 days in a row. I say go with Sandy.

HotelWhiteSox
07-25-2006, 02:22 PM

Let Sandy catch Mark and get him going again.

Did it all the time last year, but more often with managing his own bullpen (like using Cotts and Marte against lefties only even if they had better numbers against righties). I hated it and questioned it a lot, but then he won the World Series, so I trust his judgment more. I think this year it's more of an excuse to use Mackowiak more though.

I still hate doing it with the lineup in some instances though, like Randy Johnson, that's a very possible playoff matchup, you're not going to start Pablo in the playoffs. Or even against Santana, big games against the Twins late in the year, Pablo and the backups aren't doing much lately anyways, best to give the lefties as many looks as they can

MVP
07-25-2006, 03:56 PM
I think Sandy starts both tonight and tommorow night and is then replaced by AJ sometime later in the games.

Chicken Dinner
07-25-2006, 03:59 PM
Sandy tonight..........we'll see tomorrow due to the short turn with a 1:05 start.