PDA

View Full Version : Coop on with North

Law11
07-25-2006, 08:24 AM
What a great interview...
Coop is P.O'd big time baffled at vasquez, and i'm glad to hear
how upset he is at how bad this team is playing..

I'm getting tired of the ehh.. attitude that we as fans see
in the post game shows and clips.

North laid out some good questions and Coop fired back at him.
Why did you leave javy in!... answer: because we thought he was gonna get
the outs Mike..!! he went on to say "what are we supposed to go run and hide
(using a whiney voice) because we are losing".. "yeh its frustrating and I'm in a bad mood"

Just a good 5 minutes of radio.

MsSoxVixen22
07-25-2006, 08:27 AM

the outs Mike..!! he went on to say :what are we supposed to go run and hide
(using a whiney voice) because we are losing"..

Wow....wish I was able to hear the interview! Coop has every right to be pissed. Sometimes I think North should get the daily "Jagbag." I get pretty :angry: when "fans" say oh it's only July or there's alot of games to go. ***? It's almost August and the Twinkies are right on our ass and Detroit is starting to really pull away. Wake the **** up!

jenn2080
07-25-2006, 08:30 AM
Wow....wish I was able to hear the interview! Coop has every right to be pissed. Sometimes I think North should get the daily "Jagbag." I get pretty :angry: when "fans" say oh it's only July or there's alot of games to go. ***? It's almost August and the Twinkies are right on our ass and Detroit is starting to really pull away. Wake the **** up!

Well said. I ve been saying that for a while when everyone was like oh dont worry things will come together...they are coming together all right. Like water on sand.

DaveIsHere
07-25-2006, 08:30 AM
North is a windsock for sure!!!! he gets on my nerves and most of the time has no idea what the hell he is talking about.

EdHerman12
07-25-2006, 08:31 AM
Yeah Coop was really coming back at North, but I think North feels like a lot of fans who are irritated with teh situation and Coop has to be responsible for the staff. Sooner or later though you have to cut the "instinct" decision making and face reality that you have other pitchers who can get the job done. Interesting that North has pointed out that Javy is the highest paid hurler on the staff.

GO SOX!

Law11
07-25-2006, 08:31 AM
I hope they replay the interview. There was so mych ranting by both sides it was great.

I'm normally not a Fan of Mike but he asked what i was asking last night and
Coop and him were arguing over each others voices like a Nightline broadcast.

Law11
07-25-2006, 08:32 AM
North is a windsock for sure!!!! he gets on my nerves and most of the time has no idea what the hell he is talking about.

I dont agree (at least in this interview).. Mike was all over it and so was coop.

Cat Thief
07-25-2006, 08:38 AM
I dont agree (at least in this interview).. Mike was all over it and so was coop.

Cooper on the North show is always a good listen. I'm not sure if he's on every Tuesday but he is at least once a week.

While they were in Detroit North had Ozzie and Thome on. That was another great interview. North asks the questions that need to be asked.

jenn2080
07-25-2006, 08:43 AM
Is North wrong in laying it on thick? Not really. We are playing like ****. Javy for the 100th time has broke down in the 6th. That is something that needs to be fixed.

salty99
07-25-2006, 09:04 AM
Are Coop and the Sox nuts for thinking Javy would get those guys out? Are they watching the same guy start after start that we are. This is nothing new. It's time to stop being mad and make a change before it's too late.

southside rocks
07-25-2006, 09:14 AM
Cooper on the North show is always a good listen. I'm not sure if he's on every Tuesday but he is at least once a week.

While they were in Detroit North had Ozzie and Thome on. That was another great interview. North asks the questions that need to be asked.

And Coop can hold his own, which I really appreciate -- 19 years with the Sox and a contract signed for the next years, Coop's not one to tippy-toe around when he talks to the Mike North types. Coop will point out that the radio and newspaper guys don't know the whole story on anything, and that they aren't in a postion to make informed decisions and judgements. I like Coop. North's a goof, but he does the job he was hired to do, I guess...

35th&Shields
07-25-2006, 09:19 AM

It was great when Dr. Don Cooper called North out for being "a radio disc jockey" and said that it was easy for North to criticize. You could tell he was getting irritated with North who is an idiot. He's got to be the luckiest guy on the face of the earth though. I personally know 10 guys who are funnier and know more about sports than him.

CommanderPudge72
07-25-2006, 10:10 AM

On the advice of counsel, I would like to refrain from any comment at this time, as it may result in me being banned and forfeiting my posting priviledges at this board. Thank you...:tongue:

I tend to agree...glad to hear Coop is moving off his stance that he does not care about the ERA...sounds like he is dealing with the situation.

Kenny Williams was on North a week ago, and one comment he made is resounding now....He mentioned that he had been around baseball for years and he takes nothing for granted.

He said, "He knows how devastating one bad week can be to a team."

Quite prolific now as we are a week later...I think we can come back, but we have to acknowledge our trouble spots and account for them...it will not get better on its own in time for the race.

Let's hope the Twins have a repeat of their slump from earlier this year, and the Tigers finally get one in August.

As Bill Melton said, "We played ourselves into a race."

But hope endures and we shall prevail.:bandance:

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-25-2006, 10:16 AM
Good for Coop. Stand up, take the lumps, say you're pissed.

Reminds me of the Grinder commercial, "Again".

All will be well.

koch44
07-25-2006, 10:29 AM
Here's a link to the interview.

http://670thescore.com/podspot/pages/morningshow/3.shtml

TornLabrum
07-25-2006, 10:32 AM
Is North wrong in laying it on thick? Not really. We are playing like ****. Javy for the 100th time has broke down in the 6th. That is something that needs to be fixed.

No wonder he broke down. With at least 100 starts it's lucky he made it past the first!

INSox56
07-25-2006, 11:08 AM
Go Coop. North (and every SCR guy I've ever heard honestly) is a jagoff and an idiot.

oeo
07-25-2006, 11:19 AM
I get pretty pissed off when people say exactly what you did above. It is only July, there is a lot of baseball left. It's not time to panic, not even close. The division is still possible (although some think otherwise for some reason). Come on...everyone should know that the baseball season is long, so you're going to go through your ups and downs. I am wide awake, and although I'm not happy with the current play, I'm enjoying the ride because I know they will snap out of this and play the baseball we all know they can play.

Sad
07-25-2006, 11:35 AM
Go Coop. North (and every SCR guy I've ever heard honestly) is a jagoff and an idiot.

North tried taking credit Monday morning for Freddie's good outing Sat. night
said he had a "good talking" with him in some restaurant & if the SOX wanted he'd also sit down with Buerhle... :rolleyes:

regionsox73
07-25-2006, 11:42 AM

the outs Mike..!! he went on to say "what are we supposed to go run and hide
(using a whiney voice) because we are losing".. "yeh its frustrating and I'm in a bad mood"

Too bad I missed what "Einstein" had to say. What have you done for me lately Don Cooper?

zmz723
07-25-2006, 11:45 AM
Too bad I missed what "Einstein" had to say. What have you done for me lately Don Cooper?

:dtroll:

oeo
07-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Turned Matt Thornton's career, completely around and put him on his way to possibly (someday) being one of the better left-handed relievers in the game.

Seems to me like the problem isn't Coop with Vazquez, it's Vazquez that doesn't want to change anything. If Coop is getting this pissed off, the problem is Javy not wanting to change for the better. If he was willing to do that, I'm sure Coop would have at least some good things to say. Javy needs to get his head out of his ass and realize he has the best pitching coach there to help him turn his career around. With all the confidence that's instilled in the guy, you'd think he could just go out there and use his stuff in dominating fashion for 7-8 innings everyday.

SABRSox
07-25-2006, 11:49 AM
You've gone from :darkcloud: straight to :dtroll:.

regionsox73
07-25-2006, 11:49 AM
Turned Matt Thornton's career, completely around.

Seems to me like the problem isn't Coop with Vazquez, it's Vazquez that doesn't want to change anything. If Coop is getting this pissed off, the problem is Javy not wanting to change for the better. If he was willing to do that, I'm sure Coop would have at least some good things to say.

Turned Thornton completely around? When was the last time he performed in a tight game? I recall the Friday Yankee game, hit, walk, and urine soaked pants. I agree he is better in a Sox hat than the Seattle hat, but he is still not our ace lefty in the pen.

salty99
07-25-2006, 11:52 AM
Turned Thornton completely around? When was the last time he performed in a tight game? I recall the Friday Yankee game, hit, walk, and urine soaked pants. I agree he is better in a Sox hat than the Seattle hat, but he is still not our ace lefty in the pen.

If you ever listen to Coop's drunken post-game show call in, he says he is sick and tired of people saying he turned COntreras and Thorton around.

oeo
07-25-2006, 11:53 AM

Yes, he did turn it completely around. He can get outs and finish guys off, now-a-days. Read my edit...he's on his way to becoming one of the better lefty relievers. He's not a genie, he can't just snap his fingers and a guy is dominate. You act as if you could do a better job...why aren't you?

Sad
07-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Are Coop and the Sox nuts for thinking Javy would get those guys out? Are they watching the same guy start after start that we are. This is nothing new. It's time to stop being mad and make a change before it's too late.

Javy had great stuff for 5 Innings... Coop said his pitch count was at around 65...

it seems like every time with him, the 3rd time through the order the excrement hits the rotary appliance...

regionsox73
07-25-2006, 11:58 AM
Javy had great stuff for 5 Innings... Coop said his pitch count was at around 65...

it seems like every time with him, the 3rd time through the order the excrement hits the rotary appliance...

Since is the case, why not move him to the pen? I hate the $11 million excuse. Initially, yes. We paid let him start. Late July and not getting it done, time to move him and put him in a position to succeed?

SABRSox
07-25-2006, 11:59 AM
North tried taking credit Monday morning for Freddie's good outing Sat. night
said he had a "good talking" with him in some restaurant & if the SOX wanted he'd also sit down with Buerhle... :rolleyes:

North... ugh. At least Coop stood his ground, and handed North his ass.

southside rocks
07-25-2006, 12:00 PM
I get pretty pissed off when people say exactly what you did above. It is only July, there is a lot of baseball left. It's not time to panic, not even close. The division is still possible (although some think otherwise for some reason). Come on...everyone should know that the baseball season is long, so you're going to go through your ups and downs. I am wide awake, and although I'm not happy with the current play, I'm enjoying the ride because I know they will snap out of this and play the baseball we all know they can play.

:cheers:

Sad
07-25-2006, 12:02 PM
Since is the case, why not move him to the pen? I hate the $11 million excuse. Initially, yes. We paid let him start. Late July and not getting it done, time to move him and put him in a position to succeed?

we were discussing that exact scenario here at work today...
put Brandon in the #5 starter spot and make Javy the long relief man in the bullpen

I for one am not ready to give up on Vazquez...

SABRSox
07-25-2006, 12:04 PM
we were discussing that exact scenario here at work today...
put Brandon in the #5 starter spot and make Javy the long relief man in the bullpen

I for one am not ready to give up on Vazquez...

Coop had a point. 5 innings, 65 pitches, he looked fantastic. You can't just take him out. He needs to work through this. He's never going to work through this if we take him out. I give him one, maybe two more starts. If it's still more of the same by then, then we start looking to McCarthy.

Lip Man 1
07-25-2006, 12:05 PM
Bill Melton is a very smart guy.

Lip

bayzbol44
07-25-2006, 12:10 PM

"Oh no, no, no. Don't say that. Everything is going to be okay. We are the 2005 World Champions. We have a great record. There is no way the Tigers are for real. Don't be so negative." - Blind Fan

oeo
07-25-2006, 12:15 PM
"Oh no, no, no. Don't say that. Everything is going to be okay. We are the 2005 World Champions. We have a great record. There is no way the Tigers are for real. Don't be so negative." - Blind Fan

I see it this way:

"This season is over, it was over from day one. This team is flawed and will not make the playoffs. We can't play baseball worth a ****, and Detroit is just going to run away with this division. Some of you need to wake up and open your eyes, WE SUCK!" -A REAL Blind Fan

bayzbol44
07-25-2006, 12:18 PM
I see it this way:

"This season is over, it was over from day one. This team is flawed and will not make the playoffs. We can't play baseball worth a ****, and Detroit is just going to run away with this division. Some of you need to wake up and open your eyes, WE SUCK!" -A REAL Blind Fan

I don't think any fan is saying they SUCK. However, there are a lot of fans that are saying they are playing HORRIBLE RIGHT NOW. How can anyone be confident this team is going to turnaround and get on a roll the way they are playing???

The Immigrant
07-25-2006, 12:21 PM
I don't think any fan is saying they SUCK. However, there are a lot of fans that are saying they are playing HORRIBLE RIGHT NOW. How can anyone be confident this team is going to turnaround and get on a roll the way they are playing???

Um, because that's exactly what they did last year - when they looked even worse through August and most of September. Get a grip.

bayzbol44
07-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Um, because that's exactly what they did last year - when they looked even worse through August and most of September. Get a grip.

Last year does not equal 2006. Ozzie has even said last year is last year. The pitching was stronger last year and we had something to believe in AND WE HAD THE LEAD.

Lip Man 1
07-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Immi:

The 2006 White Sox are not the 2005 White Sox. That's like comparing apples and oranges. They are two completely different teams with different personalities and characteristics.

Lip

regionsox73
07-25-2006, 12:44 PM

WE WERE IN FIRST PLACE LAST YEAR! We had a double digit lead last year. Even if we totally imploded we would have gotten the wild card.

Now we are in 2nd, almost 7 games back, and realistically (in fact almost likely with the matchups) we could be tied for 2nd/3rd place by Wednesday at 4 p.m. I hate the "We had a rough 2nd half last year" argument. Yeah we also had a huge lead at the break. The worse we play now, the more teams we have to catch later. It is not just watching the Tigers, it is now the Tigers, Twins, Boston, New York, etc.

:angry:

bayzbol44
07-25-2006, 12:47 PM
WE WERE IN FIRST PLACE LAST YEAR! We had a double digit lead last year. Even if we totally imploded we would have gotten the wild card.

Now we are in 2nd, almost 7 games back, and realistically (in fact almost likely with the matchups) we could be tied for 2nd/3rd place by Wednesday at 4 p.m. I hate the "We had a rough 2nd half last year" argument. Yeah we also had a huge lead at the break. The worse we play now, the more teams we have to catch later. It is not just watching the Tigers, it is now the Tigers, Twins, Boston, New York, etc.

:cheers: :worship:

Sad
07-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Immi:

The 2006 White Sox are not the 2005 White Sox. That's like comparing apples and oranges. They are two completely different teams with different personalities and characteristics.

Lip

as illustrated by Javy sitting all alone at the end of the bench last night...

CLR01
07-25-2006, 12:48 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4081&stc=1&d=1142826449

JB98
07-25-2006, 12:49 PM

Because I've been watching baseball all my life, and I realize **** happens during a long season. I have witnessed many, many slumps during my 25 years as a Sox fan. They are going to come out of this. The question is, can they come out of it before falling hopelessly behind the Tigers and losing their wild-card lead?

A couple months ago, many WSI posters were indicating that Detroit would go down the crapper and finish in third place. I assured those people they were dead wrong, and I still think they are dead wrong. However, we do still have a shot to catch the Tigers, but we are rapidly reaching ****-or-get-off-the-pot time. One more week of lousy play, and we'll be staring at a deficit of 10 or 11 games. That's not an avenue I would like to travel down.

If we want to win the division, our boys need to get going soon.

The Immigrant
07-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Lip,

I think that's taking it a little too far. Sure there are differences between this year's team and last year's team, but so far those differences stem more from a lack of execution (pitching and situational hitting, which we took for granted last year) than from a change in personalities on the team. Or do you think that replacing Carl Everett with Jim Thome damaged the team's chemistry?

To the others - last year we faced no competition within the division until the Indians went on their tear in August and September, so saying that we were in first place at this time last year means absolutely nothing. Again, get a grip.

digdagdug23
07-25-2006, 01:23 PM

Either A) some are bandwaggoners and only joined the ranks after the ALCS or the WS, or B) They went to a Cubs game, were knocked in the head from falling concrete and developed amnesia.

Seriously though, I remember sitting on the couch, night after night, running out of things to throw at my televison screen last year in August and September. THAT was a bad streak, yikes. We all managed to live through the horror of it all, this seems almost too anti-climctic to compare, and entirely too early to be casting the life boats from the sip.

bayzbol44
07-25-2006, 01:35 PM
All I am saying is they are playing HORRIBLE. I am not sure how anyone can hide that. I am NOT saying I am giving up, but I am not covering up the way they are playing. IF my team is playing like S*#% then I say that. However, I guess some people just hate to admit that.

CLR01
07-25-2006, 01:43 PM
All I am saying is they are playing HORRIBLE. I am not sure how anyone can hide that. I am NOT saying I am giving up, but I am not covering up the way they are playing. IF my team is playing like **** then I say that. However, I guess some people just hate to admit that.

See those red asterisks? That is the language filter doing it's job. The screen you will be seeing shorly telling you that you have been banned will be me doing my job. Enjoy your vacation and get a grip.

oeo
07-25-2006, 01:44 PM
All I am saying is they are playing HORRIBLE. I am not sure how anyone can hide that. I am NOT saying I am giving up, but I am not covering up the way they are playing. IF my team is playing like **** then I say that. However, I guess some people just hate to admit that.
NO ONE is hiding it...some people just choose not to freak out and hit the panic button so early in the season. You need to take a deep breath because our pitching is better than it has performed, we can score runs without the homerun, and we are still going to win the division.

When all you doubters come back after they do win the division, I'm going to throw some of these stupid posts right in your faces.

jenn2080
07-25-2006, 01:45 PM

:cheers:

CommanderPudge72
07-25-2006, 01:57 PM
Remember, you can't write a great comeback story without being down at some point....

we are now in the dreggs. We have the talent, we just have to use it, and accept that certain things are not working for us right now (ie Javy) and make adjustments.

We can comeback, we just can't wait till September to do it.

Trying to be happy here.....:)

kobo
07-25-2006, 02:38 PM
NO ONE is hiding it...some people just choose not to freak out and hit the panic button so early in the season. You need to take a deep breath because our pitching is better than it has performed, we can score runs without the homerun, and we are still going to win the division.

When all you doubters come back after they do win the division, I'm going to throw some of these stupid posts right in your faces.
I think it is great you think the Sox are still going to win the division. I wish I had the same faith as you. Unfortunately, with the way the team has played this season I don't see that happening. It's not just this slump they are in, they have not been able to really get on a roll at any point. They had a stretch in late May/early June, but otherwise they really haven't put a solid stretch together. Plus, with Detroit playing the way they are I think it is going to be the Wild Card for the Sox. Do you know Detroit has not lost more than 4 games in a row this season? And that has only happened to them twice. Sure, they could go on a big slide, but if that slide were to start tonight do you think the Sox are in a position to take advantage of it? Last year was great and I will always remember that, but right now, this year at this time, things are not looking that well. I hope I am proven wrong, I really do, but right now with just over 60 games to go, things aren't looking so rosy.

Lip Man 1
07-25-2006, 05:18 PM
OEO:

I very much hope you have the opportunity to throw posts back in their faces after 'they win the division...'

Any day they want to start taking steps towards making that wish a reality is fine by me.

Lip