PDA

View Full Version : An odd statistic coming out of tonight's Tigers/Indians game

Tigerslover
07-25-2006, 02:07 AM
Before I mention this, know that I am not trying to rub anything in by any means. I am merely passing along a stat that some of you may find interesting to know. It's quite an odd one at that. You see with the 5 runs put up in the 1st by the Tigers tonight, they became the first team since 1891 to score 5 or more runs in the 1st inning in 3 straight games. The last team to do such a thing was the Cleveland Browns from said year. Quite odd that it would take so long for it to happen again, and against Cleveland of all teams.

getonbckthr
07-25-2006, 02:21 AM
Before I mention this, know that I am not trying to rub anything in by any means. I am merely passing along a stat that some of you may find interesting to know. It's quite an odd one at that. You see with the 5 runs put up in the 1st by the Tigers tonight, they became the first team since 1891 to score 5 or more runs in 3 straight games. The last team to do such a thing was the Cleveland Browns from said year. Quite odd that it would take so long for it to happen again, and against Cleveland of all teams.
I'm assuming thats 5 or more runs in an inning for 3 straight games.

Tigerslover
07-25-2006, 02:27 AM
I actually meant 5 or more runs in the 1st inning alone. Post has been edited to reflect this.

ozzie1977
07-25-2006, 11:05 AM
I must admit, that's a pretty crazy stat

cbotnyse
07-25-2006, 11:17 AM
I had a salt bagel and a medium coffee with cream and sweet-and-low from Dunkin Donuts this morning. It was delicious.