PDA

View Full Version : Ooooh for the....

NoShoesJoe
07-25-2006, 12:45 AM
...base hit. Thought I was gonna say the long one, huh? Nope. Baserunners, baserunners, baserunners! The Sox are not getting the pitching, obviously, but the lack of baserunners, and when there is a baserunner, that baserunner is not advanced! It happened yesterday against Texas, I thought, wow this is it, this is the win they've needed.

They need to quit swinging for the (eloquently put) 5-run HR and get on BASE. This is BASEball not the ****ing HR derby. HR's are nice when there is someone on BASE! This time last week, we were talking about being 1.5 out if we swept Detroit. Imagine that! What can happen in a week.

Pull the heads out of the asses, shorten up the swing, put that with some solid pitching and OUR SOX WILL BE BACK! C'mon let's get back on track.

The Dude
07-25-2006, 12:46 AM
...base hit. Thought I was gonna say the long one, huh?

No I was going to say, what a dumb thread title, but then I actually am replying to it so I suppose you did your job!:redneck

schmitty9800
07-25-2006, 12:55 AM
Agreed. Sometimes it seems like in the late innings like everyone's swinging for the fences. Thome doesn't have much of a choice with that shift, but the others have no excuse.

Justagirl
07-25-2006, 01:04 AM
They need to quit swinging for the (eloquently put) 5-run HR and get on BASE. This is BASEball not the ****ing HR derby. HR's are nice when there is someone on BASE!
Exactly. It would be cool if theyd hit like they were in the HR derby if they would actually hit runners in too. These 3 runs behind/8th inning/2 out/ solo homers arent offering much solace...but Im trying to keep a positive attitude
:smile: <~~See.

RealMenWearBlack
07-25-2006, 03:01 AM
Agreed. Sometimes it seems like in the late innings like everyone's swinging for the fences. Thome doesn't have much of a choice with that shift, but the others have no excuse.

Anderson looked like he was going for the homer in his last at bat, and I was saying to my friend that I wouldn't mind the home run, but all we really needed was a base hit. I thought that Iguchi should have tried for the suicide squeeze with Anderson on 3rd with one out (I haven't checked the gameday thread so I'm not sure if this has already been discussed). Also, how hard would it be for Thome to learn how to get the ball down the 3rd baseline to keep the infielders honest? I only played until I was 15, so I wouldn't know.

Law11
07-25-2006, 08:02 AM
A win somehow, someway against santana would go a long way
tonight..
if we have a chance its gotta come early and we need bserunners.
You knows pods will be sitting so pablo will have to get it started.
Iguchi to move him over.. Thome strikes out, then Paulie slaps one to right.
1-0 and thats the final.