PDA

View Full Version : Don't wimp out

we be jake
07-25-2006, 12:32 AM
Lotta whinin' here. 59 wins puts us in first place in any division other than the AL central.
Hawk and whoever else is "tired of the losing" can bail like the spoiled babies you are.
Geez, one good season and you expect an unbeatable dynasty. Keep the faith ! Think back...think back...think back..... things could be a lot worse.

:cool: we be jake

markopat
07-25-2006, 12:34 AM
Lotta whinin' here. 59 wins puts us in first place in any division other than the AL central.
Hawk and whoever else is "tired of the losing" can bail like the spoiled babies you are.
Geez, one good season and you expect an unbeatable dynasty. Keep the faith ! Think back...think back...think back..... things could be a lot worse.

:cool: we be jake

Word...I stand behind Ozzie and this club...end-o story!

Justagirl
07-25-2006, 12:49 AM
I stand behind *The club* too, but being 7.5 games behind the kittiess and only 2 games ahead of the twinkies, who wouldnt get a little discouraged? I do have faith that their offense and pitching will heat back up though..hopefully soon..:worship: :worship: :worship:

WWE Champion
07-25-2006, 12:50 AM
Though I'm whining, it's because I realize they have the skill to be performing much better than this. I believe in them, but seeing the same things over and over continue to cost the team games is frustrating.

rowand33
07-25-2006, 12:53 AM
Though I'm whining, it's because I realize they have the skill to be performing much better than this. I believe in them, but seeing the same things over and over continue to cost the team games is frustrating.

good post

Nellie_Fox
07-25-2006, 01:27 AM
Lotta whinin' here. 59 wins puts us in first place in any division other than the AL central. In the interest of accuracy, the Sox would be one game behind the Red Sox in the AL East.

StatHead21
07-25-2006, 01:36 AM
I'm sick of this garbage, I'm sure the Sox are sick of this and I'm sure as hell Kenny and Ozzie are sick of this. Its not "whining", its more frustration with a great staff pitching like crap and players not know how to play the game.

Go ahead and pretend this team is great but some of us live in the real world and see its extremly flawed, talented yes. But its flawed, Kenny knows, Ozzie knows, and the Sox know.

This team will be fixed and it started today with 2 pretty good moves.

3-1 odds the Soriano deal goes down tomarrow.

Nellie_Fox
07-25-2006, 01:38 AM
3-1 odds the Soriano deal goes down tomarrow.If the plan is to move Podsednik to center and play Soriano in left, the Sox will be immediately weaker defensively at both positions.

ilsox7
07-25-2006, 01:42 AM
If the plan is to move Podsednik to center and play Soriano in left, the Sox will be immediately weaker defensively at both positions.

Agreed. You have to keep BA in center. He's been getting the job done since Ozzie and KW expressed their confidence in him. I'd like to see him make 5 starts a week from here on out. If he produces as he has in his last 100 AB's for the rest of the season, he will be a big bonus out of the 9 spot in the order and throwing the leather he throws.

peeonwrigley
07-25-2006, 01:45 AM
If the plan is to move Podsednik to center and play Soriano in left, the Sox will be immediately weaker defensively at both positions.

*shudder*

Imagine if Gload played RF with that group...

:o:

StatHead21
07-25-2006, 01:45 AM

Pods being moved wouldn't shock me.

rowand33
07-25-2006, 01:46 AM
Agreed. You have to keep BA in center. He's been getting the job done since Ozzie and KW expressed their confidence in him. I'd like to see him make 5 starts a week from here on out. If he produces as he has in his last 100 AB's for the rest of the season, he will be a big bonus out of the 9 spot in the order and throwing the leather he throws.

if we get Soriano, I do not expect to still have Pods on the roster.

Chips
07-25-2006, 01:46 AM
Pods being moved wouldn't shock me.

No room in centerfield for a Noodle Arm. Keep him in left.

StatHead21
07-25-2006, 01:48 AM
No room in centerfield for a Noodle Arm. Keep him in left.

I meant to another team. I'm not saying it will or I want it to happen but it wouldn't shock me.

TheKittle
07-25-2006, 02:40 AM

No way. Soriano is a much better defender than Pods in LF. More range, much stronger arm.

TheOldRoman
07-25-2006, 02:45 AM
No way. Soriano is a much better defender than Pods in LF. More range, much stronger arm.No, no he isn't. He has improved, but he is horrendous in LF. Speed doesn't always equate to range. Pods looks like Willie Mays next to Soriano, though his arm is much stronger. I think Soriano could improve over time to become a very good LF, but it is ridiculous to say he would be a defensive improvement.

TheKittle
07-25-2006, 04:42 AM
No, no he isn't. He has improved, but he is horrendous in LF. Speed doesn't always equate to range. Pods looks like Willie Mays next to Soriano, though his arm is much stronger. I think Soriano could improve over time to become a very good LF, but it is ridiculous to say he would be a defensive improvement.

Yes, Soriano is much better than Pods. Soriano does cover a lot of ground and can make up for bad routes with his speed. And Pods has sucked this year on defense. Almost everybody would be an improvement.

Law11
07-25-2006, 07:55 AM

Problem is we ARE in the AL Central...Dont think we can switch divisions...
Kinda hard to be upbeat but I'm tryin... Its been 3 weeks of this garbage.
A funk is a bad week or so.. This as Farmer said it last night is a freefall.

Deuce
07-25-2006, 08:01 AM
How the hell did Soriano creep into this thread?!?!?

:hijacked:

Chicken Dinner
07-25-2006, 08:24 AM

Amazing isn't it?

Cuck the Fubs
07-25-2006, 09:44 AM

Don't forget about Griffey:redneck

downstairs
07-25-2006, 09:48 AM
For those scoring at home, a list of teams that are having worse years than the Chicago White Sox at this point. Boy, their message boards must just be suicide watches.

NY Mets
NY Yankees
Minnesota
St. Louis
Toronto
Cincinnati
San Diego
LA Angels
Oakland
San Francisco
Arizona
Texas
Seattle
Milwaukee
Atlanta
Colorado
Houston
LA Dodgers
Florida
Philadelphia
Baltimore
Cleveland
Washington
Tampa Bay
Chicago Cubs
Kansas City
Pittsburgh

(Yep, that's all but two teams. ALL. BUT. TWO.)

TheOldRoman
07-25-2006, 09:58 AM
Yes, Soriano is much better than Pods. Soriano does cover a lot of ground and can make up for bad routes with his speed. And Pods has sucked this year on defense. Almost everybody would be an improvement.
Not even close. If you argue that, you obviously haven't seen Soriano in left. He isn't better than Pods in left. You can't just take a career infielder and stick him in the outfield, and expect him to have awesome range. He misplays way way too many balls.

Pierzynski 12
07-25-2006, 10:01 AM
We're are very close to 3rd place than 1st place.:whiner:

Nellie_Fox
07-25-2006, 08:20 PM
For those scoring at home, a list of teams that are having worse years than the Chicago White Sox at this point. So what? I'm not a fan of any of those teams, and just being the best of the rest isn't very comforting. Do you not notice the direction things are headed?

slobes
07-25-2006, 08:22 PM
Ozzie made it clear earlier in the year that he did not want Pods playing centerfield for the White Sox. If this deal does happen, I bet Pods is involved.

1951Campbell
07-25-2006, 08:32 PM
I still know they're going to the playoffs. It's a long season and it would be difficult to be in a funk this bad for much longer. Too many teams have to play too much baseball. It's that simple.

I do, however, find the "shrug off a 19-game losing streak by watching the World Series DVDs and SMILE!" crowd a little silly. Just because you don't want to find yourself at the stake in some Dark Cloud witchhunt doesn't mean you have to be a Stepford Fan, either.

fquaye149
07-25-2006, 10:20 PM

a.) by all accounts that doesn't seem to be the plan. the plan seems to be move scotty, keep BA

b.) it wouldn't necessarily make us weaker defensively at BOTH positions even if that did go down. Scotty is a huge huge huge downgrade from BA in CF...but many accounts say Soriano plays a pretty passable LF...which is more than I can say about Scotty these days...I haven't seen any Nats games this year though, so I can't say for sure.

fquaye149
07-25-2006, 10:22 PM
We're are very close to 3rd place than 1st place.:whiner:

This sentence doesn't make sense syntactically.

Furthermore..when 1st place is the best team in baseball and 3rd place is a team who is, what, 1 game back of the WC, it's hardly a huge disaster to be closer to 3rd than 1st place

this team needs to right the ship....but i'm confident in our manager and gm...for now