PDA

View Full Version : Comforting Quote

Lip Man 1
07-25-2006, 12:05 AM
The past three weeks has been very hard on all of us Sox fans. This has been a tough season. I don't think anyone was expecting things to go as well as 2005 but I can't imagine anyone would have thought this team would struggle at times so badly.

That being said I did take some comfort from this quote by Kenny Williams to the Tribune. It shows how far the franchise has come from the penny pinching days.

"We have a farm system that is developing a lot of players, and ultimately some will be seen here in Chicago and some will be used to satisfy our needs in an effort to make ourselves a championship club at the moment. While I am concerned about my three-year (planning) board and 2009, you can win a 2006 championship this year, so we'll have to see what we can do this year to be the best we can possibly be. We're at a certain level, a certain mode of operation that I'd make no apologies for. We are who we are, and who we're about is trying to win a championship."

And if in the end all else fails, thank God for video tape from 1983, 1993, 2000 and 2005.

Lip

markopat
07-25-2006, 12:56 AM
The past three weeks has been very hard on all of us Sox fans. This has been a tough season. I don't think anyone was expecting things to go as well as 2005 but I can't imagine anyone would have thought this team would struggle at times so badly.

That being said I did take some comfort from this quote by Kenny Williams to the Tribune. It shows how far the franchise has come from the penny pinching days.

"We have a farm system that is developing a lot of players, and ultimately some will be seen here in Chicago and some will be used to satisfy our needs in an effort to make ourselves a championship club at the moment. While I am concerned about my three-year (planning) board and 2009, you can win a 2006 championship this year, so we'll have to see what we can do this year to be the best we can possibly be. We're at a certain level, a certain mode of operation that I'd make no apologies for. We are who we are, and who we're about is trying to win a championship."

And if in the end all else fails, thank God for video tape from 1983, 1993, 2000 and 2005.

Lip

That made me smile Lip...thanks :)