PDA

View Full Version : You know it is bad when the fans even know its comming.

stacksedwards
07-24-2006, 10:55 PM
I was at the game tonight and Vasquez's 7th should have never happened. There should not have been two guys on base for Mauer's homerun. In fact he should not have even been batting in the inning. Now I know heinsite (sp) is 20/20 but when you have a whole left field screaming NO!!!!!! right as Javy started the 7th inning something is up. This guy is a mental shortman. He has got the stuff but thinks too much. I would have liked to have seen Mac Man start the 7th innning and maybe pitch 2 to 1 1/3 innings. Last year we win tonight's game. I'm sorry but I'm just venting a little bit right now but jesus Javy your a professional how can you go from being nearly unhittable for 5 innings and then just like that, poof I think I'll give up a few homeruns and then put two guys on for Cotts. Also why isn't Thorton in instead of Cotts everyone knows Cotts struggles to get lefties out while Thorton has been lights out. We are in trouble tomorrow is an uphill battle. Its time to get it together NOW or it is time to go to Bourbinais with the Bears. I hope I am overreacting but right now I am having trouble finding light at the end of the tunnel

whitesoxwilkes
07-24-2006, 10:56 PM
I was at the game tonight and Vasquez's 7th should have never happened. There should not have been two guys on base for Mauer's homerun. In fact he should not have even been batting in the inning. Now I know heinsite (sp) is 20/20 but when you have a whole left field screaming NO!!!!!! right as Javy started the 7th inning something is up. This guy is a mental shortman. He has got the stuff but thinks too much. I would have liked to have seen Mac Man start the 7th innning and maybe pitch 2 to 1 1/3 innings. Last year we win tonight's game. I'm sorry but I'm just venting a little bit right now but jesus Javy your a professional how can you go from being nearly unhittable for 5 innings and then just like that, poof I think I'll give up a few homeruns and then put two guys on for Cotts. Also why isn't Thorton in instead of Cotts everyone knows Cotts struggles to get lefties out while Thorton has been lights out. We are in trouble tomorrow is an uphill battle. Its time to get it together NOW or it is time to go to Bourbinais with the Bears. I hope I am overreacting but right now I am having trouble finding light at the end of the tunnel

I was at the game tonight too. What's odd was that after Javy stewed his nappies (tm Frater Perdurabo) the crowd was strangely silent. Some booing, some grumbling, but mostly justr shock.

ajismyhero
07-24-2006, 11:38 PM
What was weird is that after the 6th inning meltdown they put Cotts and Riske in the pen, but then they stopped warming up when Vasquez took the mound at the top of the 7th. I agree that he never should have gone back in, I also think that Mauer should have been walked. Why pitch to a guy with the best average in the AL with 2 outs, 2 runners on, and no force? Poor managing. Also, the entire "starting" lineup needs to be the starters. Where was Dye? We could have used his clutch hitting.

Lip Man 1
07-24-2006, 11:48 PM
White Sox:

That conflicts with the AP game recap which said Vasquez was booed loudly on two occasions. Once in the 6th and once in the 7th.

Lip

WWE Champion
07-24-2006, 11:50 PM
I was there and booed that piece of garbage when he was removed from the game in the 7th.

BainesHOF
07-24-2006, 11:58 PM
First of all, Vazquez may be a bad pitcher, but he's not a piece of garbage. People who call him such need to take a look in the mirror.

Secondly, it was ridiculous that Vazquez went back to the mound in the seventh.

WWE Champion
07-25-2006, 12:02 AM
OK, maybe "piece of garbage" was extreme, but he infuriates me and apparently many others with his complete and utter inability to get through six innings of baseball, and Ozzie's inability to recognize that fact has cost us numerous times the past couple months.

DumpJerry
07-25-2006, 12:04 AM
What was weird is that after the 6th inning meltdown they put Cotts and Riske in the pen, but then they stopped warming up when Vasquez took the mound at the top of the 7th. I agree that he never should have gone back in, I also think that Mauer should have been walked. Why pitch to a guy with the best average in the AL with 2 outs, 2 runners on, and no force? Poor managing. Also, the entire "starting" lineup needs to be the starters. Where was Dye? We could have used his clutch hitting.
When he had two balls on Mauer, I told my buddy he should just walk him to prevent fate from rearing its ugly head after he was 0-3 so far. I wish I had not called that one.:angry:

ChiSoxGirl
07-25-2006, 12:06 AM
I was there tonight. I didn't boo Vazquez, nor did I shout anything at him. What I did do, however, was wonder (quite loudly) why everyone in the ballpark except Ozzie knows Vazquez can't get out of the 6th. Ok, maybe Ozzie knows this, but why does he constantly give him the chance to get out of jams at that point in the game when he clearly has not proven he can successfully do so? :angry: I don't think Vazquez's pitch count was even at 80 in the 6th inning, yet he couldn't get out of the inning. Seems like a mental issue to me.

NoShoesJoe
07-25-2006, 12:08 AM
I was at the game and was shocked when Javy started the 7th too! I though for sure, Oz would bring Mac in then. Again, 3 HR's and only 4 runs. ***? I thought that yesterday was going to bring it around. WRONG!

peeonwrigley
07-25-2006, 12:08 AM
When he had two balls on Mauer, I told my buddy he should just walk him to prevent fate from rearing its ugly head after he was 0-3 so far. I wish I had not called that one.:angry:

Meh, everyone else said it, too.

ESPECIALLY, when the count went 3-1. I said to my girlfriend, "Dear God I hope this pitch is well out of the zone."

*crack*

".... .... ****"

The Dude
07-25-2006, 12:10 AM
I was there and booed that piece of garbage when he was removed from the game in the 7th.

Nice job!:rolleyes:

WWE Champion
07-25-2006, 12:29 AM
Nice job!:rolleyes:
When people don't get the job done on a consistent basis that they are getting paid VERY good money to do, we fans have a right to boo. Stop defending the indefensible.

The Dude
07-25-2006, 12:42 AM
When people don't get the job done on a consistent basis that they are getting paid VERY good money to do, we fans have a right to boo. Stop defending the indefensible.
I'll defend whatever I damn well please! You do have a right to boo and I also have a right to rip you for booing. And I also have the defense to ignore posters as yourself so take that. :duel:

WWE Champion
07-25-2006, 12:48 AM
Put your head in the sand if you wish.

BadBobbyJenks
07-25-2006, 12:48 AM
Boy the ignore function is soaring to new heights Awesome!

I love the new trend of announcing someone is being ignored...Wow we are all very impressed:rolleyes:

The Dude
07-25-2006, 12:50 AM

I love the new trend of announcing someone is being ignored...Wow we are all very impressed:rolleyes:

Glad you enjoy it!:rolleyes:

BadBobbyJenks
07-25-2006, 12:54 AM
well it is more entertaining than all the ledge jumping negativity that is going on

whitesoxwilkes
07-25-2006, 07:30 AM
White Sox:

That conflicts with the AP game recap which said Vasquez was booed loudly on two occasions. Once in the 6th and once in the 7th.

Lip

It was more like occasional scattered booing. Definitely not "booed loudly"

salty99
07-25-2006, 07:36 AM
It's time for BMAC to enter the rotation or start getting stretched out. Either that or go to a 4 man rotation. There is a reason that Vazquez has washed out of New York, Arizona, and now Chicago. I would much rather have El Duque and Viz on our team right about now.

Steelrod
07-25-2006, 07:38 AM
We had the same conversation. .380 hitter with 2 outs and first base open.

Law11
07-25-2006, 07:47 AM
When the second homer left the park so did I..
Our chances of making a come back lately have been remote and
after a long day at work i was fried after that display..

Ok so the central isnt going to happen but the Wild Card is sitting there for us..
You know Jose will pitch solid tonight and it'll come down to executing the little things..

Kuzman
07-25-2006, 07:52 AM
Calm Down.

Wow, look at all these fans coming out of the woodwork to boo everyone that isn't playing to thier potential.. What are we? Yankee Fans? Looks like the Champion was on Uribe and Podsednik's case earlier this season too. And The Champ also says we should get rid of Buehrle and Vazquez... Looking at this guy's post I wouldn't take him seriously.

You're right Bobby.. I wonder if the amount of ignores that have been going as of late have something to do with people who don't know baseball or the Sox as of years prior, since they want everyone's head at this point in time.
Some kid in the stands on Sunday was yelling 'Bring back Carlos Lee!' I had to ask him if he watched the Sox prior to last season, because that's exactly what this team is starting to look like, but I think the staff will turn around. It's not even August yet, 2 whole months to go. 10 with the Tigers and 12 with the Twins.

I'm with ya Dude. People get all huffy puffy when people fire back at thier opinions. If you don't like it, don't state it to begin with. Or start posts with comments like that.

MsSoxVixen22
07-25-2006, 08:24 AM
I'm sure I'm not alone when I say, I'm pretty down this morning because of what's going on with the Sox. In Javy's defense, he was good except for that ONE inning. Ozzie should know this by now and take him out. It's probably time for McCarthy to step into the rotation. I'm very VERY concerned about this team. And we have to face Santana tonite? I'll be :praying:

Tragg
07-25-2006, 08:36 AM
If he knows he'll be yanked after 5, I hope he doesn't start imploding in the 3rd.

BeviBall!
07-25-2006, 08:58 AM
If he knows he'll be yanked after 5, I hope he doesn't start imploding in the 3rd.

Took the words out of my mouth. Bottom line is you can't treat this guy like that. As bad as he has been, he's still a veteran. You can't tell a vet, we just want 5 from you tonight. Talk about a lack of motivation.

The problem wasn't the sixth... 3 runs in 6 IP is a quality start. It was Ozzie brining him out again. If Cotts was ready in the sixth, why doesn't he come out to start the 7th?

It's one thing to show confidence in a pitcher who has deserved it. When, in the past 3 months, has Javy deserved the benefit of the doubt?

southside rocks
07-25-2006, 09:08 AM

It's not about rights, it's about class. Fans should show some. When a player is struggling, there is absolutely no point in booing him -- it's like leaning on your horn when you're stuck in a 2-mile backup on the Ryan. *** do you expect to happen? Javy to say "OMG, they're booing me, well that's it, it's time for me to pitch like a Cy Young winner!"?

Fans have a lot of frustration and displeasure and I know that some think that booing the players is a way to express it, but it isn't. Like throwing crap onto the field and talking on cellphones during the game, that behavior may go at other parks, but at the Cell it's jarringly wrong.

Dan Mega
07-25-2006, 09:13 AM
It was more like occasional scattered booing. Definitely not "booed loudly"

The AP fabricating and exaggerating? No way!

itsnotrequired
07-25-2006, 09:14 AM
It's not about rights, it's about class. Fans should show some. When a player is struggling, there is absolutely no point in booing him -- it's like leaning on your horn when you're stuck in a 2-mile backup on the Ryan. *** do you expect to happen? Javy to say "OMG, they're booing me, well that's it, it's time for me to pitch like a Cy Young winner!"?

Fans have a lot of frustration and displeasure and I know that some think that booing the players is a way to express it, but it isn't. Like throwing crap onto the field and talking on cellphones during the game, that behavior may go at other parks, but at the Cell it's jarringly wrong.

I have yet to ever boo a player, Sox or opponent. It just seems so stupid. I'll do some groaning or say "grrrrr" from time-to-time but that's about it.

russ99
07-25-2006, 09:14 AM
It's a new day. Yesterday's game was frustrating, but the players moved on and so should we. Hopefully they've hit rock bottom and there's nowhere to go but up.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think tonight's going to be the breakout night. Beating Santana would give this team (and it's fans) a tremendous lift.

ajismyhero
07-25-2006, 09:16 AM

You said it, my friend!! If you're going to go to a game to boo the team you supposedly love and support, stay at home and complain to your TV. Go to the stadium to support the clubhouse - they need it more now than they did when they were on a winning streak.

MVP
07-25-2006, 09:37 AM

I can't believe the Sox pitched to Mauer yesterday with a base open in that situation. I could see that home run coming a mile away. Just because Mauer is a lefthanded hitter doesn't mean he can't hit lefthanded pitching. In fact, Mauer hits better against lefthanded pitching than Cuddyer, who was on deck. Does our staff not know this? Did Ozzie not think about this? Maybe Chris Widger was not alone in terms of inadequate preparation before the games.

ilsox7
07-25-2006, 09:39 AM
I can't believe the Sox pitched to Mauer yesterday with a base open in that situation. I could see that home run coming a mile away. Just because Mauer is a lefthanded hitter doesn't mean he can't hit lefthanded pitching. In fact, Mauer hits better against lefthanded pitching than Cuddyer, who was on deck. Does our staff not know this? Did Ozzie not think about this? Maybe Chris Widger was not alone in terms of inadequate preparation before the games.

Not defending the move to pitch to him, but it was his 1st HR off of a LHP this year. And given the bomb Cuddyer hit the previous inning, I can see why they pitched to Mauer.

spiffie
07-25-2006, 09:43 AM
I think the booing at Vazquez is something more than just "we don't like Vazquez". It's the only way to express how fans feel about the fact Ozzie is still leaving him in and doing nothing when everyone else in the park knows what is about to happen. It's booing at Kenny Williams for getting him and still having him on the roster. And yes, it's booing at the fact that Javier Vazquez has been a step down from our #5 spot last year.

And it sure sounded loud where I was sitting last night. And it seemed pre-emptive, like the booing was booing the continued meltdown to come as opposed to what had happened. Because I've rarely seen the crowd boo a 2 run homer to make the game tied at 2. But with Vazquez everyone knew that 2 run homer was the opening of the floodgates and suffice to say the crowd was not happy about it.

CaptainBallz
07-25-2006, 09:55 AM
I think the booing at Vazquez is something more than just "we don't like Vazquez". It's the only way to express how fans feel about the fact Ozzie is still leaving him in and doing nothing when everyone else in the park knows what is about to happen. It's booing at Kenny Williams for getting him and still having him on the roster. And yes, it's booing at the fact that Javier Vazquez has been a step down from our #5 spot last year.

And it sure sounded loud where I was sitting last night. And it seemed pre-emptive, like the booing was booing the continued meltdown to come as opposed to what had happened. Because I've rarely seen the crowd boo a 2 run homer to make the game tied at 2. But with Vazquez everyone knew that 2 run homer was the opening of the floodgates and suffice to say the crowd was not happy about it.

Some people are a bit sensitive about the booing thing around here, but they just need to accept that it's a natural response to the situation. It's not classless or ignorant or disrespectful. It's a natural dynamic of a live sporting event. If you're going to grumble and "grrrr" and spit expletives to yourself, you might as well let the boo beast out of the bag and communicate with the team (players AND managers)that you're paying. The patterns that we're all witnessing are completely baffling and obnoxious. Some can remain silent, but I have no problem with others letting that frustration be known in that manner.

salty99
07-25-2006, 10:09 AM
Some people are a bit sensitive about the booing thing around here, but they just need to accept that it's a natural response to the situation. It's not classless or ignorant or disrespectful. It's a natural dynamic of a live sporting event. If you're going to grumble and "grrrr" and spit expletives to yourself, you might as well let the boo beast out of the bag and communicate with the team (players AND managers)that you're paying. The patterns that we're all witnessing are completely baffling and obnoxious. Some can remain silent, but I have no problem with others letting that frustration be known in that manner.

I say we all whistle..you know like in Europe!

CaptainBallz
07-25-2006, 10:19 AM
I say we all whistle..you know like in Europe!

Tonight, I snap like I'm in a smokey jazz club.

white sox bill
07-25-2006, 10:26 AM
Its almost like Oz should say "Javy your pitching 5 innings, not one pitch more. Not even if you have a no-no going." Then plan the relief help from 6th on

PaulDrake
07-25-2006, 10:47 AM

I love the new trend of announcing someone is being ignored...Wow we are all very impressed:rolleyes: My favorite is the eye roll. "This thread sucks" is a close second. Sorry I'm too lazy to bring up the color screen. While I'm at it I don't like teal either. Sarcasm should be obvious. Most of all, I don't like how the Sox are playing now, and some of the manager's moves are compounding an already bad situation. Like bring out Javier Vasquez for the 7th inning. It seems like Ozzie has to leave the starters in for their obligatory 6 or 7 innings even its batting practice time for the opposition.

North Sox Sider
07-25-2006, 12:15 PM
I dont understand how fans can complain about other fans booing. Staying silent while watching garbage on the field is not the right reaction. The fans pay a lot of money to see a good product on the field. If that product fails to live up to there ability then they should hear about it. Everyone knew the 6th and 7th inning outcome was coming if Javi was left in there. It has been a trend and we knew he was due for a bad inning but Ozzie let it continue. The fans have a right to let the team know that it is unacceptable. To stay silent gives the wrong message and by booing it is a way for the fans to show there frustration. To the fans who have never booed in there life, good for you, but dont insult fans that do.

WWE Champion
07-25-2006, 12:22 PM

OK, O Keeper of the Cell, next time Vazquez implodes -- probably about 4 days from now -- and Ozzie still refuses to take him out of the game, I'll just sit there silent and do nothing and accept it, and hopefully the other 40,000 people will sit there silent and accept it, because we wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes. My bad.

Lip Man 1
07-25-2006, 12:56 PM
Fans in many cases are paying large amounts of money for tickets. The days of the three dollar box seats are long gone my friend.

As long as the comments aren't vulgar or racial that have every right to let their feelings be know. Especially when a professional athlete in a professional sport is being paid a large amount of money to perform their job.

These are grown men folks...I think they can handle a little booing.

Lip

Deuce
07-25-2006, 01:24 PM
OK, O Keeper of the Cell, next time Vazquez implodes -- probably about 4 days from now -- and Ozzie still refuses to take him out of the game, I'll just sit there silent and do nothing and accept it, and hopefully the other 40,000 people will sit there silent and accept it, because we wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes. My bad.:tealtutor: