PDA

View Full Version : Tigers@Indians

Kub_Killer_15
07-24-2006, 06:13 PM
Who is watching the Tigers @ Indians? Already a 1-0 tiger lead in the 1st!

Timmy D's
07-24-2006, 06:14 PM
I'm watchin' here. I'm not pleased thus far though!!:angry:

Kub_Killer_15
07-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Nope unbeliveable first play of a big game a error and he comes around to score!

MarySwiss
07-24-2006, 06:20 PM
Make it 5-0. And why the surprise? The Indians have obviously decided to take the rest of the season off.

We can forget about help from other teams. We're just going to have to get it done ourselves.

Kub_Killer_15
07-24-2006, 06:22 PM
:angry: OMG!!!:angry: WE NEED TO WIN TO NIGHT 5 UNEARNED RUNS IN THE FIRST!! LETS GO WHITE SOX *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* LETS GO WHITE SOX!

bridgeportcopper
07-24-2006, 06:30 PM
This is insane - THEY NEVER LOSE!

Tiger23
07-24-2006, 06:39 PM
Question for Sox fans: Considering the current circumstances, are you more concerned about the Wild Card or the division? Obviously as a Tiger fan I am now focused on winning the division. However, during that long stretch while the Tigers and White Sox were neck and neck I was only concerned about the Wild Card, to the point that I wanted the Sox to take 2 of 3 from the Yankees to keep our wild card lead intact. Just curious what y'all are thinking.

goon
07-24-2006, 06:41 PM
Question for Sox fans: Considering the current circumstances, are you more concerned about the Wild Card or the division? Obviously as a Tiger fan I am now focused on winning the division. However, during that long stretch while the Tigers and White Sox were neck and neck I was only concerned about the Wild Card, to the point that I wanted the Sox to take 2 of 3 from the Yankees to keep our wild card lead intact. Just curious what y'all are thinking.

go away.

cleanwsox
07-24-2006, 06:42 PM

I'm more worried about the Sox playing the kind of ball they did in the first half. If the Tigers repeat what they did in the first half of the season, so be it. Just win and everything else will take care of itself.

MarySwiss
07-24-2006, 06:43 PM

Well, speaking for myself, I'm still fully confident we will take the division. IMO, if you guys are not concerned about the Wild Card, you should be.

Tiger23
07-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Well, speaking for myself, I'm still fully confident we will take the division. IMO, if you guys are not concerned about the Wild Card, you should be.

I'm still watching the Wild Card contender's scores and such, but at this point in time I want the division.

MarySwiss
07-24-2006, 06:50 PM
I'm still watching the Wild Card contender's scores and such, but at this point in time I want the division.

To quote the poet Jagger:
"You cain't always get what you want." :cool:

Timmy D's
07-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Sox get division, Minny gets Wild card, La Tigras get nothing and like it.

Daver
07-24-2006, 06:51 PM
:angry: OMG!!!:angry: WE NEED TO WIN TO NIGHT 5 UNEARNED RUNS IN THE FIRST!! LETS GO WHITE SOX *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* LETS GO WHITE SOX!
The caps lock key is on the far left side of your keyboard, please use it to turn it off.

Tiger23
07-24-2006, 06:51 PM
How are you doing this evening/afternnon Mary? Kind of a big game tonight huh? I hope you guys slow the Twins a bit as the Tigers get to face both Liriano and Santana later in the week. A couple of 18 inning games would work nicely.

Tiger23
07-24-2006, 06:53 PM
To quote the poet Jagger:
"You cain't always get what you want." :cool:

Indeed someone will wind up disappointed. Could be either one of us at this point, or I guess even both of us :o: .

cbotnyse
07-24-2006, 06:58 PM
While I want, and still think we can take, the division....I'll be honest and say my eyes are now on the wild card......The playoffs are all that really matters to me, taking the division is just icing on the playoff cake.

MarySwiss
07-24-2006, 07:00 PM
How are you doing this evening/afternnon Mary? Kind of a big game tonight huh? I hope you guys slow the Twins a bit as the Tigers get to face both Liriano and Santana later in the week. A couple of 18 inning games would work nicely.

Now you are getting dangerously close to smartass territory. As anyone here will tell you, I'm a sweetheart who rarely flames anyone--but as a fan of the enemy team, you would be well-advised to watch your ass.

All games are big games but--as we learned last year, and as you will find out this year--nobody wins the World Series in July.

Hitmen77
07-24-2006, 07:00 PM
Damnit, why don't we get to play this version of the Indians? Last I checked, we racked up a bunch of games with the Tribe while they were still playing well and before they went into total freefall.

How much you want to bet the Tribe will snap out of this funk in about a month or so and will be ready to play spoilers when they face us in September.:angry:

Kub_Killer_15
07-24-2006, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kub_Killer_15

The caps lock key is on the far left side of your keyboard, please use it to turn it off.

ok sorry I was caught up in the moment Im just tired of watching the Tigers getting breaks and winning because of it. All is good now I turned on the white sox to calm me down.:D:

Tiger23
07-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Now you are getting dangerously close to smartass territory. As anyone here will tell you, I'm a sweetheart who rarely flames anyone--but as a fan of the enemy team, you would be well-advised to watch your ass.

All games are big games but--as we learned last year, and as you will find out this year--nobody wins the World Series in July.

Whoa. You pegged me correctly as a smart ass, but I really was just saying hello, and trying to get some thoughts on the Sox-Twins game tonight. I'll start watching my ass.

Also, I'm very happy with the situation the Tigers are in right now, but I know they haven't won a thing yet, and will be lucky to win anything in the long run.

MarySwiss
07-24-2006, 07:25 PM
Whoa. You pegged me correctly as a smart ass, but I really was just saying hello, and trying to get some thoughts on the Sox-Twins game tonight. I'll start watching my ass.

Also, I'm very happy with the situation the Tigers are in right now, but I know they haven't won a thing yet, and will be lucky to win anything in the long run.

Well...okay then.

But WATCH IT!!

Tiger23
07-24-2006, 07:27 PM
You got it.

Daver
07-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Don't you Tigers fans have a site of your own?

Unregistered
07-24-2006, 07:49 PM
I'm not much of a superstitious person, but I wish you guys would take a cue from last year when the Jndians couldn't seem to lose a game and STOP ****ING MAKING TIGERS GAMEDAY THREADS.

cbotnyse
07-24-2006, 07:49 PM
Don't you Tigers fans have a site of your own?I'm sure they do but I think he may be looking for intelligent baseball conversation. :cool:

Tiger23
07-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Certainly. And I am currently following the game thread and posting there too. I just like you guys too :smile: .

SABRSox
07-24-2006, 07:53 PM
Cleveland fighting back. 7-4 DET

Tigerslover
07-24-2006, 09:35 PM
9-7 game now in the 9th. Tigers ahead.

QCIASOXFAN
07-24-2006, 09:45 PM
9-7 game now in the 9th. Tigers ahead.Thanks for the update.:angry:

jenn2080
07-24-2006, 09:54 PM

I really think you need to go away. I am sorry but youve been semi decent but now you are being an *******. Sure we are sucking BAD but if you want to talk crap go to your board and talk all the crap you want dont come here and start crap with people!

Tigerslover
07-24-2006, 09:57 PM
Tigers pull it out 9-7.

jenn2080
07-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Tigers pull it out 9-7.

Thanks why dont you update you own damn board with it!!!! We can see it for ourselves

South Side Irish
07-24-2006, 10:04 PM
Us: Defending World Series Champions.

You: Co-record holder for most losses in a season.

Have a nice day.

Tony Danza > You
07-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Geez...all he did was report the score on the Tigers game

If you didn't like this thread, don't post in it. You guys look like a bunch of arrogant crybabies.

Then again, it must really suck when you win not only your first World Series Championship in almost a century, but doing it before the Cubs(who have an even longer drought) and you're still widely regarded as the second baseball team in town.

See...now you have something to cry about and put on that "bitter beer" face.

RKMeibalane
07-24-2006, 10:32 PM
Geez...all he did was report the score on the Tigers game

If you didn't like this thread, don't post in it. You guys look like a bunch of arrogant crybabies.

Then again, it must really suck when you win not only your first World Series Championship in almost a century, but doing it before the Cubs(who have an even longer drought) and you're still widely regarded as the second baseball team in town.

See...now you have something to cry about and put on that "bitter beer" face.

Uh, oh...

Palehose13
07-24-2006, 10:33 PM
Yes, this Tony Danza guy is a troll (and he is being handled) but I don't think he is completely off base. Some of you need to sit back and take a few deep breaths before you start typing...

RKMeibalane
07-24-2006, 10:34 PM
Yes, this Tony Danza guy is a troll (and he is being handled) but I don't think he is completely off base. Some of you need to sit back and take a few deep breaths before you start typing...

Thanks, PH13! It's good that you're here to show Tony Danza "who's the boss" at WSI. :cool:

Ha! I made a funny! :D:

Tiger23
07-24-2006, 11:53 PM
I really think you need to go away. I am sorry but youve been semi decent but now you are being an *******. Sure we are sucking BAD but if you want to talk crap go to your board and talk all the crap you want dont come here and start crap with people!

If you can explain to me how I was being a *******, I will do my best to correct it. I thought that I had a good rep with Mary, and asked her how she was doing, as I semi explained in my earlier post. Was it the crack about the 18 inning games? I mean I actually wrote that I hope the Sox slow the Twins as they are dangerous right now, but the 18 inning thing was just a crack.

I like it here, and enjoy conversations with you guys so I'm not going to leave unless a mod decides its time for me to do so. If you think I'm here to gloat simply because the Tigers have the best record, check my posting history. You'll see I didn't type a thing about the Tigers winning this past series even though I started a thread to talk about the series in the days leading up.

So I apologize for pissing you guys off, it was not my intention. Sometimes things don't read well online I guess. I'm also sorry for you guys that your team hasn't been playing great, but I'm fully confident that you will be right back in the race soon, especially if Kenny Williams pulls that trigger on a big deal.

I've said my piece. Later.

ozzie1977
07-25-2006, 08:40 AM

good thing you wrote that in teal. I don't think I've ever seen you post WITHOUT flaming someone.

ozzie1977
07-25-2006, 08:42 AM
Thanks why dont you update you own damn board with it!!!! We can see it for ourselves
have some pride in our team! posts like this just make us look insecure. most of the country thinks white sox fans are like that anyway, don't give them more ammo.

MarySwiss
07-25-2006, 08:46 AM
good thing you wrote that in teal. I don't think I've ever seen you post WITHOUT flaming someone.

Then you haven't been paying attention. And I am sure as hell not in the mood this morning to be lectured to by someone who just joined and used his or her first two posts to tell two other frequent posters how to behave.

But I am not going to flame you. With your attitude, I doubt I'll ever have to. :cool:

jenn2080
07-25-2006, 08:55 AM
have some pride in our team! posts like this just make us look insecure. most of the country thinks white sox fans are like that anyway, don't give them more ammo.

I have poor pride and more patience then you know in 3 posts. however you cant tell me that the subconsious point of the kittens fans coming over here was to boast.

jenn2080
07-25-2006, 08:58 AM
Then you haven't been paying attention. And I am sure as hell not in the mood this morning to be lectured to by someone who just joined and used his or her first two posts to tell two other frequent posters how to behave.

But I am not going to flame you. With your attitude, I doubt I'll ever have to. :cool:

:thumbsup: Well said Mar...and I am with you...I am def in NO mood this today or the past few days.

cbotnyse
07-25-2006, 09:25 AM
Tiger23, I don't think you are here to cause problems or troll. Your posts aren't that bad, but maybe a word of advice, just don't post when the Tigers take the lead or win a game. People around here are pretty sensitive and don't need to be reminded that the Tigers are winning every ****ing game.

I like Tiger fan views because you guys are going through exactly what we went through last year, so we know the feeling, just don't remind us of that!

Just keep your posts to info on your players (i.e), because I do not follow them and how they are doing, so that is good to know, at least for me. Thats just my opinion, BTW.

jenn2080
07-25-2006, 09:35 AM
Tiger23, I don't think you are here to cause problems or troll. Your posts aren't that bad, but maybe a word of advice, just don't post when the Tigers take the lead or win a game. People around here are pretty sensitive and don't need to be reminded that the Tigers are winning every ****ing game.

I like Tiger fan views because you guys are going through exactly what we went through last year, so we know the feeling, just don't remind us of that!

Just keep your posts to info on your players (i.e), because I do not follow them and how they are doing, so that is good to know, at least for me. Thats just my opinion, BTW.

I agree. Post if you want to post, but at this point in the Sox season it is a bad time to be coming on this board as a Tigers fan posting how the Tigers are doing.

ozzie1977
07-25-2006, 09:47 AM
I have poor pride and more patience then you know in 3 posts. however you cant tell me that the subconsious point of the kittens fans coming over here was to boast.

oh, i don't disagree. that is, of course, the reason. but don't give them the satisfaction. I'm sorry to you and mary if you think I'm lecturing. that's not my intention. but come on, we're the world champs, no one has taken that away yet.

ma-gaga
07-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Well, 'T23' knows the first unspoken rule for non-White Sox fans, stay out of the clubhouse. Or be very very careful there...

The second unspoken rule is beware the Twins. The Twins bring out a lot of emotion here. I can't explain it, but they really get under the skins of a lot of people here. Just be careful of what you say, when they are in town.

The third rule is never start a land war in Asia.

The fourth rule is to behave like a duck. Let the insults and trash talk roll off your back. You have to ignore the personal rips.

Follow these rules, and you too can obtain perfect baseball nirvana. Hell, if your team wins the division, PHG might even give you a thread to brag in.

:cool:

jenn2080
07-25-2006, 09:59 AM
oh, i don't disagree. that is, of course, the reason. but don't give them the satisfaction. I'm sorry to you and mary if you think I'm lecturing. that's not my intention. but come on, we're the world champs, no one has taken that away yet.

oh i know we are the 2005 world champs. however we are not playing like defending world champs and the tigers fans should stick to their own board when they win and we are slumping to boast. anyways it is dumb to keep this debate going. all i want is the Sox to win a damn game other then when Garland is pitching. I cant wait another 5 days.

Pierzynski 12
07-25-2006, 10:02 AM
We need to worry about the Twins. They are, what 2 games behind us now for 2nd place?

ozzie1977
07-25-2006, 10:04 AM
oh i know we are the 2005 world champs. however we are not playing like defending world champs and the tigers fans should stick to their own board when they win and we are slumping to boast. anyways it is dumb to keep this debate going. all i want is the Sox to win a damn game other then when Garland is pitching. I cant wait another 5 days.

yeah it's pretty frustrating at the moment.

Tiger23
07-25-2006, 10:05 AM
The third rule is never start a land war in Asia.

LOL! Nice one.

Tiger23
07-25-2006, 10:15 AM
I agree. Post if you want to post, but at this point in the Sox season it is a bad time to be coming on this board as a Tigers fan posting how the Tigers are doing.

Right on, and I'm not sure what one of my fellow Tiger fans was doing updating on the score here. I try to steer clear of trouble, sometimes I'm just not very good at it :smile: .

MarySwiss
07-25-2006, 10:16 AM

Sorry, but that doesn't quite cut it for me. This is one of those "I'm sorry you took offense" type of apologies. I was offended because YOU were offensive, coming out of nowhere with an egregious--and untrue--slam at me.

Hopefully, you get it now. If so, fine.

ozzie1977
07-25-2006, 10:27 AM
Sorry, but that doesn't quite cut it for me. This is one of those "I'm sorry you took offense" type of apologies. I was offended because YOU were offensive, coming out of nowhere with an egregious--and untrue--slam at me.

Hopefully, you get it now. If so, fine.

fair enough. i'm sorry i was offensive.

MarySwiss
07-25-2006, 10:28 AM
fair enough. i'm sorry i was offensive.

Forgotten--unless you do it again. :cool: