PDA

View Full Version : Is A-Rod on the market????

Fenway
07-24-2006, 05:40 PM
It almost seems impossible but are the Yankees trying to get rid of A-Rod? Granted he has had a brutal 2 months and a horrific series in Toronto but to hear the whispers on WFAN and WEEI you almost wonder if George has had enough of "that third baseman"

A-Rod could veto any deal, but it must be wearing on him at this point.

It sounds crazy but then again this is the Yankees and Steinbrenner we talking about.

Kogs35
07-24-2006, 05:47 PM
michael kay was talkin about this today on his radio show on 1050 espn radio. if something does come up kay said a-rod would have to take a serious look at it.

bluestar
07-24-2006, 05:47 PM
I don't know that they are trying to get rid of him, but given that the NY fan base is riding him so hard, and considering what the Yankees might be able to get in return, it might actually make sense for them to trade him if they could use the trade to help replenish their farm system so they would have future prospects to build upon. If they were willing to pick up a big part of that contract, they could probably take virtually all of some team's farm system in return for A-Rod.

Fenway
07-24-2006, 05:53 PM
MVP season in 2005 means nothing to a Yankees fan. A-Rod is the poster child of the 2004 ALCS and that is a big part of the anger he is getting now.

Rdubb4
07-24-2006, 05:58 PM
MVP season in 2005 means nothing to a Yankees fan. A-Rod is the poster child of the 2004 ALCS and that is a big part of the anger he is getting now.

His 18 errors and his 'doesnt matter if we win' quotes to the media speak for themselves. This is a guy that is having troubles throwing from third to home. Wherever Arod and his life coach go, please let it be to a bad team so ESPN can stop their nightly Arod watch.

SoxFanPrope
07-24-2006, 05:59 PM
As a third-baseman, ARod is the best Shortstop in the league.

DSpivack
07-24-2006, 06:05 PM
Having defensive problems at 3B? Call me crazy, but how about switching Jeter and A-Rod?

Also, I don't think A-Rod is going anywhere. Nothing from him or the Yanks themselves hints that he's gone. Just media speculation, and being the Yankees and in New York on top of that means that speculation is magnified 100x.

Argalarga
07-24-2006, 06:39 PM
I can't imagine who would have enough prospects to make a deal for A-Rod happen.

miker
07-26-2006, 09:55 AM
I can't imagine who would want him at this point, even if the Yank-mes pick up most of his salary. Yes he has talent, but he isn't a winner...he'd be perfect for the Cubs!

caulfield12
07-26-2006, 10:05 AM
I think with the complicated nature of A-Rod's contract they will have to wait until the offseason.

The Yankees doing anything short of winning the World Series means he's gone.

Here's the trade that makes the most sense for both teams...

Crede and Garcia for A-Rod and a couple of million in cash, with any prospect not named Fields, Sweeney, Broadway, Anderson or McCarthy available as the 3rd part of the puzzle

Move A-Rod back to SS and bring in Josh Fields at 3B. Move Uribe for LH leadoff hitter who's better defensively than Pods.

Or, you could really shake things up and trade Dye, Thome and Cotts to the Mariners for Ichiro.

That would make Sweeney or Owens or FA/trade the LFer and Fields the DH. You would have the best outfield in baseball defensively, and some question marks with A-Rod at SS, although he won a Gold Glove there as recently as 2003 w/ the Rangers. And you're going to be able to play more NL style ball with Ichiro and Sweeney in the line-up than Dye and Thome. You still have the offense with A-Rod and Fields, IMO.

Luke
07-26-2006, 10:06 AM
Hard to imagine, but not impossible. It's not a stretchto see George having one of his whims and demanding that Cashman trade Arod. The yankees farm system is depleted right now. One of the reasons they were so successful in the mid/late 90s was that they had some time to actually develop some talent while Steinbrener was on hiatus.

I can't really see them wanting to restock the minors though while they're only .5 out of the wild card.

I would say he's not going anywhere this year, but you never know.

caulfield12
07-26-2006, 10:14 AM
If we wanted A-Rod, Crede would be part of any deal, certainly they wouldn't accept an unknown in Fields.

Same thing with Cubs, it would be Aramis Ramirez and Jacque Jones.

The Yankees have one minor league pitcher who they refuse to give up for Soriano or Abreu or anyone....Philip Rivers.

INSox56
07-26-2006, 11:22 AM
Here's the trade that makes the most sense for both teams...

Crede and Garcia for A-Rod and a couple of million in cash, with any prospect not named Fields, Sweeney, Broadway, Anderson or McCarthy available as the 3rd part of the puzzle

I've been saying this for the last few days. I usually get laughed at, but if A rod's salary weren't so damn high, I think this could be a PLAUSIBLE trade. Moving back to short would do wonders for him, as would getting out of the circus. Not necessarily possible, but plausible.

Iguana775
07-26-2006, 11:43 AM
I've been saying this for the last few days. I usually get laughed at, but if A rod's salary weren't so damn high, I think this could be a PLAUSIBLE trade. Moving back to short would do wonders for him, as would getting out of the circus. Not necessarily possible, but plausible.

The Rangers are picking up $10M per year of A-Rods salary so the Yanks are paying $15M per year. Paying $15M per year for A-Rod is a deal in my book. Put him back at SS and you have a perinnal All-Star SS and future HOFer. I would love to see a left side of Crede and A-Rod.

But, I seriously doubt it would/could happen.

INSox56
07-26-2006, 12:09 PM
The Rangers are picking up $10M per year of A-Rods salary so the Yanks are paying $15M per year. Paying $15M per year for A-Rod is a deal in my book. Put him back at SS and you have a perinnal All-Star SS and future HOFer. I would love to see a left side of Crede and A-Rod.

But, I seriously doubt it would/could happen.

Oh ok wow, when he got signed with the Rangers and then to the yanks is when I didn't watch baseball, so I didn't know that little nuance. 15 is very doable, but unlikely.

getonbckthr
07-26-2006, 12:43 PM
Supposedly we have a potential deal for Soriano. If that is true why not send Soriano + Fields to NYY for Arod? I'm sure KW wouldn't mind turning Mccrthy and Fields into Arod.

INSox56
07-26-2006, 01:12 PM
Supposedly we have a potential deal for Soriano. If that is true why not send Soriano + Fields to NYY for Arod? I'm sure KW wouldn't mind turning Mccrthy and Fields into Arod.
despite being an incredible prospect, he's still just that. I"m sure the yanks want talent now. And if we picked up that huge salary, I'm sure we would have a much harder time re-signing crede anyway.