PDA

View Full Version : Kenny on Dibble and Kennedy "McCarthy not going anywhere"

Chicken Dinner
07-24-2006, 05:42 PM
Kevin Kennedy just asked Kenny about the McCarthy to the Nats trade rumor and Kenny said "we are not trading any major league roster pitchers". He said that he had a conversation with McCarthy and told him he wasn't going anywhere.

SoxFan78
07-24-2006, 05:44 PM
If this is true, thats great to hear!

CLR01
07-24-2006, 05:45 PM
Thank You. I love you KW. :?:

Die, Rumor, Die.

Mots09
07-24-2006, 05:45 PM
Interesting....

twsoxfan5
07-24-2006, 05:46 PM
I don't believe anything Kenny says. I just wait to see the official announcement.

Chicago
07-24-2006, 05:46 PM
But I already ordered my Soriano jersey... :(:

Mots09
07-24-2006, 05:47 PM
Rongee on the radio station in Des Moines, and said the same thing KW said to Dibble.

Not interested in trading starting pitcher on MLB roster.

KyWhiSoxFan
07-24-2006, 05:47 PM
That had better be true. If they trade McCarthy, I'll be pissed.

Mod Edit: Just type the word and let the language filter do its job.

russ99
07-24-2006, 05:50 PM
Great. Now I have to start worrying that Pods will be traded...

I hope that homer I saw yesterday isn't his last in a Sox uniform.

Hopefully all this noise turns out like the Griffey rumors last year.

salty99
07-24-2006, 05:50 PM
But I already ordered my Soriano jersey... :(:

You better switch to MacDougal

ChiSox80
07-24-2006, 05:54 PM
I heart Kenny.

ND_Sox_Fan
07-24-2006, 06:02 PM
Kenny said "we are not trading any major league roster pitchers".

[50% teal] So there is still hope of trading Vazquez? [/50% teal]

JB98
07-24-2006, 06:05 PM
I'll be pissed if McCarthy is dealt. Keep Brandon. He's a big part of what we are now and a big part of our future.

Dan Mega
07-24-2006, 06:28 PM
Good. McCarthy is the last pitcher I'd wanted traded on the team. He has the best upside and could eventually be the best pitcher they've had in a loooooong time.

lizard6king6
07-24-2006, 06:34 PM
Im just worried about Pods, thats all :( I think we need to keep BMac as well.

monkeypants
07-24-2006, 06:36 PM
This is very good news.
I'm all for trading prospects and potential to help us in the here and now. But McCarthy has already proven his worth at the major league level and will be a very good starting pitcher for years to come. As for now, he's an important cog in our bullpen and I don't want to see this bullpen get any weaker. Thanks to the MacDougal trade our pen is really starting to shape up nicely now.

Fred Manrique
07-24-2006, 06:38 PM
We don't need Soriano, please don't trade McCarthy or Pods Kenny!!!

jenn2080
07-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Kevin Kennedy just asked Kenny about the McCarthy to the Nats trade rumor and Kenny said "we are not trading any major league roster pitchers". He said that he had a conversation with McCarthy and told him he wasn't going anywhere.

good i am getting tired about hearing about soriano. and frankly soriano can stay where he is because we dont need an outfielder

StatHead21
07-24-2006, 06:48 PM
McCarthy will be a good major league pitcher.

If you have a chance to get Soriano you do it. The Sox window of opportunity is now.

Soriano will get Anderson out of the line up and it will make their line up deadly and more well rounded.

Get him Kenny.

CLR01
07-24-2006, 07:02 PM

If you have a chance to get Soriano you do it. The Sox window of opportunity is now.

Soriano will get Anderson out of the line up and it will make their line up deadly and more well rounded.

Get him Kenny.

The best offense in the league does not need to get stronger. They need pitching.

DSpivack
07-24-2006, 07:03 PM

Get him Kenny.

Who would play CF? Pods is bad enough in LF. And Anderson hasn't been a liability for awhile now; I want him in CF. We don't need Soriano.

Mohoney
07-24-2006, 07:05 PM
good i am getting tired about hearing about soriano. and frankly soriano can stay where he is because we dont need an outfielder

We don't need a starting outfielder, but I wouldn't mind a 5th outfielder that comes cheap.

jenn2080
07-24-2006, 07:08 PM
We don't need a starting outfielder, but I wouldn't mind a 5th outfielder that comes cheap.

I agree, but I just dont want to see a valuable piece to the White Sox traded for Soriano. We need pitching our offense is fine...but a backup ourfielder would not hurt. leave brian where he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will not be happy to see someone that is growing into their position offensively and defensively traded.

BainesHOF
07-24-2006, 07:39 PM
The best offense in the league does not need to get stronger. They need pitching.

I agree with the pitching, but the offense comment couldn't be more wrong. When you lose games you score fewer runs than the other team. That means we could still use more runs.

drftnaway
07-24-2006, 07:50 PM
I agree with the pitching, but the offense comment couldn't be more wrong. When you lose games you score fewer runs than the other team. That means we could still use more runs.

The Sox score more runs than any other team and are still losing ground. It's the pitching we need and not hitting.

MarySwiss
07-24-2006, 07:55 PM

Get him Kenny.

No.

kobo
07-24-2006, 08:10 PM

Get him Kenny.
Soriano would be nothing more than a rental because there is no way they are going to pay him what he wants after this season. And he is not going to improve the teams chances of making it to the World Series. We need pitching help right now, not offensive help.

Sargeant79
07-24-2006, 08:28 PM

Get him Kenny.

Soriano would not get Anderson out of the lineup. Pods would probably be part of the deal, leaving Anderson in CF. Besides, could you imagine an outfield with Soriano and Podsednik in it? Defense would be brutal.

That said, I'm all for getting him if they can sign him or flip him to someone else for a more permanent leadoff option and/or it doesn't cost McCarthy or Fields.

But I would be shocked if this trade actually happens.

CLR01
07-24-2006, 08:57 PM
I suppose that is one way of looking at it or we can look at it as when you lose your pitchers give up more runs than the opposing teams pitchers which would mean I couldn't be more right. I'll take the latter. I can see that the Sox lead MLB in runs scored this year and I can also see that the pitchers are 15th in baseball and 5th in the AL for most ER's allowed (thats right 5th, their hanging out with KC, TB, Balt, and Clev, our starters are 3rd). I'm sure Soriano will make up that difference though. I've seen what the all hit no pitch White Sox can do and I wasn't very impressed.

Grzegorz
07-24-2006, 09:28 PM
Who would play CF? Pods is bad enough in LF. And Anderson hasn't been a liability for awhile now; I want him in CF. We don't need Soriano.

Right on, you weaken two positions defensively to get a self centered ball player.

Lets steer clear of Soriano; we need pitching.

Jjav829
07-24-2006, 09:32 PM
Not surprised. I've said before that all things considered, McCarthy might be the most untouchable player on this team.

I don't think that means the Soriano deal is dead, however.

jongarlandlover
07-24-2006, 09:37 PM
Thank you soooooo much Kenny.

Of course, now I have to worry about the possibility that Scottie could go...

The Dude
07-24-2006, 10:15 PM

Get him Kenny.

Yes , yes and yes! Perfectly said and I couldn't have posted it better myself.:D:

Ditka311
07-24-2006, 11:19 PM
Why are people worried about getting rid of Pods? He's mediocre at best. It's also tough to "mortgage" your future but if it takes a couple of prospects to win another World Series, you do it.

Ditka311
07-24-2006, 11:21 PM
Yes , yes and yes! Perfectly said and I couldn't have posted it better myself.:D:

I don't like the idea of taking Anderson out of CF. If you can get Soriano without giving up Anderson, it makes his lack of hitting less important. You need him out there if you have Soriano in LF, IMO. Not only that, BA seems to be doing a little better at the plate these days.

slobes
07-24-2006, 11:38 PM
Love it.

I see Brandon stepping up big for us once we lose Contreras to old age and any other starting pitchers for whatever reason. No doubt he's got the stuff that it takes to be good in the bigs.

Soxpranos
07-24-2006, 11:41 PM
Why are people worried about getting rid of Pods? He's mediocre at best. It's also tough to "mortgage" your future but if it takes a couple of prospects to win another World Series, you do it.

Very true... now that he cant steal.. he is just another platoon player. Not to mention his defense is bad.