PDA

View Full Version : Tigers About To Make a Deal???

Tiger Style
07-24-2006, 05:32 PM
Tigers prospect Humberto Sanchez will not start for Triple-A Toledo tonight against Durham because of a health reason, according to president and general manager Dave Dombrowski.

Sanchez is the prospect that the Nationals wanted for Soriano, and Sanchez was just pulled before his start...

I smell a trade...

WSox8404
07-24-2006, 05:33 PM
Tigers prospect Humberto Sanchez will not start for Triple-A Toledo tonight against Durham because of a health reason, according to president and general manager Dave Dombrowski.

Sanchez is the prospect that the Nationals wanted for Soriano, and Sanchez was just pulled before his start...

I smell a trade...

I smell something else......:dtroll: .

twsoxfan5
07-24-2006, 05:35 PM
Me too and it smells like downtown Detriot.:dtroll:

MadetoOrta
07-24-2006, 05:50 PM
Me too and it smells like downtown Detriot.:dtroll:

:kneeslap:

SOXfnNlansing
07-24-2006, 05:56 PM
:sopranos
"let's go for a ride :dtroll:

CLR01
07-24-2006, 05:59 PM
What makes him a troll?

Argalarga
07-24-2006, 06:04 PM
What makes him a troll?

Good question. If Soriano for McCarthy is off, there's no reason for the Nats not to move him to Detroit.

SABRSox
07-24-2006, 06:09 PM
What makes him a troll?

He's not a White Sox fan.

The only :dtroll: here are the people baselessly calling other people :dtroll: because they happen to be a Tigers fan. Or a Twins fan. Or an Indians fan. Or a whatever fan.

Beer Can Chicken
07-24-2006, 06:10 PM
It makes sense to me.

KW latest 'leak' was probably his last ditch effort to drive up Detroit's price for Soriano.

Tiger Style
07-24-2006, 06:14 PM
Not trying to "troll" your board, I'm just reporting what's flying all over the Detroit radio airwaves...

y2j2785
07-24-2006, 06:14 PM
Our Favorite rumor site, mlbtraderumors.com, says that something may be going down but he is supposedly hurt/sick or something.

downstairs
07-24-2006, 06:17 PM
Not trying to "troll" your board, I'm just reporting what's flying all over the Detroit radio airwaves...

Yeah, there are some jerks here and then others who appreciate a good baseball conversation (heck, you were smart enough to post this in the right category).

Who knows... I sure as heck don't want to see any big names going to Detroit... we're hoping Kenny works his usual magic and just makes things happen here in Chicago...

StatHead21
07-24-2006, 06:50 PM
If this is true its a very imformitive post. Not a "Troll"

Tiger Style
07-24-2006, 07:02 PM
This is the rest of what I've been able to gather:

http://www.mlive.com/weblogs/cutoffm...07.html#164317 (http://www.mlive.com/weblogs/cutoffman/index.ssf?/mtlogs/mlive_cutoffman/archives/2006_07.html#164317)

Sanchez scratched; Speculation begins

With ESPN reporting (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2528494&name=FPT-2528494-072416&srvc=sz) that the Chicago White Sox are close to a deal to land Alfanso Soriano, are the Detroit Tigers preparing to make a move as well? Their prized prospect (and largest bargaining chip), Humberto Sanchez, will not make his scheduled start tonight according to the Detroit Free Press.July 24, Detroit Free Press: (http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060724/SPORTS19/60724008) Tigers prospect Humberto Sanchez will not start for Triple-A Toledo tonight against Durham because of a health reason, according to president and general manager Dave Dombrowski.

The 6-foot-6, 230-pound Sanchez started and pitched one perfect inning for the World team in the All-Star Futures Game on July 9, and was the headline player the Washington Nationals requested in a possible trade of Alfonso Soriano earlier this month.
What this "health issue" is has not been made public, and many are speculating on our MLive.com Detroit Tigers Forum (http://www.mlive.com/forums/tigers/index.ssf) that a trade involving Sanchez may be in the works, but there has been no confirmation of such a move. Sanchez has struggled in his previous two starts and a health problem may be legitimate. As more information on Sanchez' injury (or trade) status is known, MLive.com will keep you posted on the latest news.

Tiger Style
07-24-2006, 07:04 PM
July 23, FoxSports.com: (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5806646) While Soriano would represent an upgrade over White Sox left fielder Scott Podsednik, the Sox's far greater need is an impact setup man. What's more, Soriano is a free agent at the end of the season, and Sox officials have adamantly denied that they would trade top prospects for a two-month rental.

The true motive for White Sox general manager Ken Williams might be to drive up the price for the Tigers, who lead the Sox in the AL Central by 6 1/2 games. Or, Williams might want to acquire Soriano as part of a three-way deal that would bring his team a reliever while keeping Soriano away from the Tigers.

StatHead21
07-24-2006, 07:09 PM
July 23, FoxSports.com: (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5806646) While Soriano would represent an upgrade over White Sox left fielder Scott Podsednik, the Sox's far greater need is an impact setup man. What's more, Soriano is a free agent at the end of the season, and Sox officials have adamantly denied that they would trade top prospects for a two-month rental.

The true motive for White Sox general manager Ken Williams might be to drive up the price for the Tigers, who lead the Sox in the AL Central by 6 1/2 games. Or, Williams might want to acquire Soriano as part of a three-way deal that would bring his team a reliever while keeping Soriano away from the Tigers.

Ugh McCarthy is much more valuable than just a reliever, as is Soriano.

Scottzilla
07-24-2006, 08:57 PM
are Sox and Tigers both trying to drive up the price but neither really wants him?

Frater Perdurabo
07-24-2006, 09:02 PM
are Sox and Tigers both trying to drive up the price but neither really wants him?

Seeking to keep it a two-team race, the Tigers and Sox are conspiring to drive up the price the Twins will have to pay. The ultimate goal is to force the Twins to give up both Liriano and Santana for Soriano, which clearly would benefit both the Tigers and Sox.
:)

DSpivack
07-24-2006, 10:55 PM
Seeking to keep it a two-team race, the Tigers and Sox are conspiring to drive up the price the Twins will have to pay. The ultimate goal is to force the Twins to give up both Liriano and Santana for Soriano, which clearly would benefit both the Tigers and Sox.
:)

Hahaha, nice. If they're giving up Santana and Liriano to get Soriano, perhaps Lantana can be thrown in, as well.

soxwon
07-24-2006, 10:58 PM
Interesting that Carlos Lee was witheld from tonights brewer game.
could be he's packing his bags to come Here!!!

soxwon
07-24-2006, 11:10 PM
Interesting that Carlos Lee was witheld from tonights brewer game.
could be he's packing his bags to come Here!!!

my mistake carlos went 3 for 3

ChiSox80
07-24-2006, 11:18 PM

I smell a trade...

Sorry, Chief. Latest reports state that Sanchez really does have some kind of an elbow problem now.

Tony Danza > You
07-24-2006, 11:23 PM
What makes him a troll?

He's not talking about the Chicago White Sox

07-24-2006, 11:55 PM

Don't sweat it man, welcome aboard, I have no problem with fans of other teams coming to this site if they want to talk baseball, stradegy, rumors, ect....as long as they don't rub in any loses or act like a 3 year olds. Fenway is a great poster and has been for years on this site. ...Tiger Style, keep it insightful, no "Ha Ha's" or "TIGERS RULE/SOX SUCK" and you'll get along fine with most people on this board.

CLR01
07-25-2006, 03:17 AM
He's not talking about the Chicago White Sox

You I'm not so sure about.

Urban Legend
07-25-2006, 02:28 PM
From the Toledo Blade:

Article published Tuesday, July 25, 2006

MUD HENS NOTEBOOK
Rusty Sanchez misses start
http://toimages.us.publicus.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=TO&Date=20060725&Category=SPORTS07&ArtNo=607250422&Ref=AR&MaxW=240
(javascript:NewWindow(600,400,'/apps/pbcs.dll/misc?url=/templates/zoom.pbs&Site=TO&Date=20060725&Category=SPORTS07&ArtNo=607250422&Ref=AR');)
Hens shortstop Ramon Santiago applies the tag to Durham runner Delmon Young, but the Bull was ruled safe on the play last night at Fifth Third Field.
( THE BLADE/TIM M. GRUBER )
http://www.toledoblade.com/images/zoom_photo.gif (javascript:NewWindow(600,400,'/apps/pbcs.dll/misc?url=/templates/zoom.pbs&Site=TO&Date=20060725&Category=SPORTS07&ArtNo=607250422&Ref=AR');) Zoom (javascript:NewWindow(600,400,'/apps/pbcs.dll/misc?url=/templates/zoom.pbs&Site=TO&Date=20060725&Category=SPORTS07&ArtNo=607250422&Ref=AR');) | Photo Reprints (http://www.toledoblade.com/printroom)

By JOHN WAGNER
BLADE SPORTS WRITER

Humberto Sanchez spent yesterday's game preparing for another day at the office, working through agility drills with Mud Hens strength and conditioning coach Keith Pegg.

"It's fun, actually. The pitching is the hard part," Sanchez said of the workout. "It was agility stuff - just getting this big, old body moving, trying to make it a big, athletic machine."

But yesterday was anything but business as usual for Sanchez, who was scratched from his scheduled start against Durham. While trade rumors involving the 6-foot-6, 270-pound right-hander continue to swirl, the reason Sanchez did not pitch last night was elbow tenderness.

"[The injury] is hard to explain. It's just uncomfortable for me to throw," Sanchez said. "I know I could go out there now, and my body could take the toll. But there's two months [left] in the season.

"We're just playing it day-to-day right now. I feel it's a temporary thing. I don't even look at it as an injury."

Sanchez thinks some of his problems stem from a period of inactivity around the All-Star break. After making his July 3 start against Indianapolis, he threw only one inning before making his next start July 14 at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

Sanchez said his one inning in the Futures Game July 9 wasn't enough work in an 11-day span.

"I'm the kind of person who likes to throw every day during the season. I don't like having off-days between starts," Sanchez said.

"For me, [the rest] builds up rust."

The rest might have been good for Sanchez, who has never thrown more than 118 innings in any of his first four pro seasons. This year the right-hander threw 712/3 innings for Double-A Erie and has 471/3 innings for the Hens, meaning he already has a career-high 119 innings.

"I think this is a temporary thing. I'm just going to catch my breath and get ready for the long haul," Sanchez said of the missed start.

MORE MOVES: Right-hander John Ennis joined the Mud Hens yesterday from Double-A Erie, where he was 2-3 with a team-leading 13 saves and a 3.08 ERA.

To make room for Ennis on the roster, the Hens placed right-hander Brian Boehringer on the disabled list with a sore right elbow. Boehringer, who joined the team July 18, had a 13.50 ERA in two Toledo appearances.

THREE-DOT DATA: The Mud Hens scoreboard isn't equipped to post a number larger than nine for any inning, so the team began flashing a "1" and a "0" in the first inning to signify the 10 runs scored by Durham. Last night's crowd of 6,724 broke a string of seven consecutive regular-season sellouts for the Hens. After allowing seven runs in two-thirds of an inning, Toledo starter Steve Green's ERA ballooned from 1.95 before the game to 3.58 after.

BeviBall!
07-25-2006, 02:38 PM
You I'm not so sure about.

But with a handle like "Tony Danza > You"... you've got to give him a shot!