PDA

View Full Version : Mlb.tv??

Scottzilla
07-24-2006, 05:31 PM
ANyone have mlb.tv? im out in CA and its my only choice for watching live.
any opinions on what the quality is like? cant find any info on the site either

BadBobbyJenks
07-24-2006, 05:44 PM
Ive had some problems occasionally when watching on wireless internet, but other than that it is very good

Scottzilla
07-24-2006, 05:49 PM
good enough to watch on on a monitor but not on a full size tv right? im not gonna want to sit at my desk for 3 more hours a day and i can easily hook up the pc to the new big screen

BadBobbyJenks
07-24-2006, 05:53 PM
Yeah I have never watched it on a big screen, not sure how that would look going from the computer to the tv.

livewir
07-24-2006, 05:54 PM
I plug my laptop into my TV and watch games, the picture quality isn't the best , I would compare it a poor cable connection. It's still better than nothing though.

SABRSox
07-24-2006, 05:55 PM
Would look awful on a big screen. If that's what you want, you're better off getting an MLB package through dish or cable.

Kub_Killer_15
07-24-2006, 06:12 PM
Its very nice i just moved and I dont have time to hook up dish network so i ordered MLB.TV on Friday and its not bad at all. I had a problem on saturday with the blackout rules tho.

SCarolina_Ron
07-24-2006, 06:19 PM
I watch it on TV. It's not the best but it's not horrible. My son has a 42" LCD TV that works like a PC Monitor. Picture is real good on that.

One tip is to set the buffering up to a minute. That seems to smooth out the action.

Scottzilla
07-24-2006, 06:23 PM
no dish allowed in my apt, and apparently the mlb package isnt too popular on cable, I do however get like 5 armenian channels 5 korean channels and local government access for a city I don't live in.

Scottzilla
07-24-2006, 06:24 PM
you guys are great help.
I think I'm gonna see if I can try it for one game or maybe just pay for the month and see how it goes.
hopefully this way i'll stop compensating for my sox anemia by buying hats and jerseys online.

SABRSox
07-24-2006, 06:27 PM
no dish allowed in my apt, and apparently the mlb package isnt too popular on cable, I do however get like 5 armenian channels 5 korean channels and local government access for a city I don't live in.

Do you have Adelphia or Comcast in Glendale?

Scottzilla
07-24-2006, 06:37 PM
charter
go figure?

SABRSox
07-24-2006, 06:53 PM
charter
go figure?

Ah. Well, the solution is to move out of Glendale. If you have Comcast in LA, they carry WGN, so you get at least one game a week for free.

I also have the MLB.tv package to get the other games. The quality is not great. I have broadband, but I can't surf the web and watch the games at the same time. Also, the picture is very pixelated when blown up. However, I'm very picky about picture quality, so I might not be the best guy to listen to on that subject. That being said, the games are still watchable. Better than nothing, of course.

Edward
07-24-2006, 07:38 PM
Heads up for you out of towner's, INHD will be broadcasting the Sox game tonight. It will probably be blacked out around here but Hopefully someone has that channel out there.

Scottzilla
07-24-2006, 08:51 PM
I'm pretty picky too, but just hoping its tolerable. Ya Charter cable really sucks, I think there's something to the fact its based in st louis and doesnt carry wgn??
anyway, I dont get INHD either, i think its another channel thats available on every cable service but charter.

did i mention charter sucks?

WestSider
07-25-2006, 10:17 AM
Anyone know of a way to capture or save the game from mlb.tv? The reason I ask is that I would like to record the game (condensed) and then watch it later on my laptop while I am in a plane. Saving it to the hard disk would be great.

I use TotalRecorder to save the audio from MLB.COM but watching it would be even better.

Sxy Mofo
07-25-2006, 10:56 AM
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the purchase.

Yea, the quality isn't the absolute sharpest (it's still very good for live tv on the internet), but when you compare not being able to see the games to the price/quality of mlb.tv, it's a very, very valuable purchase.

Except for now. It's rough to watch a team who's gone 3-10 on not crystal clear tv.

of course, it's rough to watch this team right now anyway.

but we'll turn it around.

Scottzilla
07-31-2006, 07:24 PM
watched my first game on mlb.tv, just watched it on the 15" monitor cuz i was too lazy to move the pc over to the tv,
probably wont look good on the tv anyway
but it was awesome to hear hawk again!
unfortunately i had to step away after they blew the lead cuz im trying to quit smoking.
So I'll probably keep the mlb.tv
I think I can even watch it at work. woohoo
Thanks guys for all the input , I'd reccomend it for all you other displaced sox fans too.