PDA

View Full Version : before game restaurant/ free parking

komando
07-24-2006, 05:19 PM
I know people have mentioned several times that there are a few bar/restraunts that offer free parking near the park if you patronize them before the game can someone refresh my memory. Thanks.

ewokpelts
07-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Cobblestones on 39th and Normal.
$10 to park, but they give you $10 in drink tokens.

komando
07-24-2006, 05:36 PM
thats the one i was looking for, thank you sir.

Scottzilla
07-24-2006, 05:44 PM
Cobblestones on 39th and Normal.
$10 to park, but they give you $10 in drink tokens.

do the tokens have 'drink responsibly' on them???

:gulp:

Clembasbal
07-24-2006, 06:06 PM
When you say "Drink Tokens" what do you actually mean? $10 worth of drinks or ten drinks, just curious for future reference (either one a solid deal).

Edward
07-24-2006, 06:16 PM
When you say "Drink Tokens" what do you actually mean? $10 worth of drinks or ten drinks, just curious for future reference (either one a solid deal).

Last time I went it was $10 in drinks (3-4 beers). Cool place to hang out at before the game too.

skobabe8
07-24-2006, 06:16 PM

Never been there, but I would assume $10 worth of drinks, not 10 drinks. :smile:

bnlfanmatt
07-24-2006, 06:36 PM
As of this year, City of Chicago has made Cobblestone's stop charging for parking. They now only allow parking for patrons*. They will immediately get defensive if you ask about parking there.

*Patrons that might have a few beers, walk to the park to see the game, and ask if they can register their license plate with them as a patron. That's the way to do it. Just ask them to register your plate when you pay for the check. And please don't walk in, get one cheap beer and go, give them a good $15 or so, they don't have to offer parking, and we don't need abuse to ruin it for everyone.

ewokpelts
07-25-2006, 12:45 AM
As of this year, City of Chicago has made Cobblestone's stop charging for parking. They now only allow parking for patrons*. They will immediately get defensive if you ask about parking there.

*Patrons that might have a few beers, walk to the park to see the game, and ask if they can register their license plate with them as a patron. That's the way to do it. Just ask them to register your plate when you pay for the check. And please don't walk in, get one cheap beer and go, give them a good $15 or so, they don't have to offer parking, and we don't need abuse to ruin it for everyone. why is this?

bnlfanmatt
07-25-2006, 03:33 AM
why is this?

Supposedly they got fined during the playoffs by either the city or the police. I don't know how they found out, or what happened.

Parrothead
07-25-2006, 07:39 AM
it was $20 to park at Cobblestones when I went this year and you had to use the $20 up before the game.

Cat Thief
07-25-2006, 07:47 AM
it was $20 to park at Cobblestones when I went this year and you had to use the $20 up before the game.

Was it the Opener or the Scrubs series? Those days are normally $20.