PDA

View Full Version : Derrek Lee back on the DL

Uncle_Patrick
07-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Lost in all the Soriano hoopla is another big story.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-060724cubsitem,1,279686.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

SABRSox
07-24-2006, 03:49 PM
The Cubs have placed first baseman Derrek Lee on the 15-day day disabled list because of "post-traumatic inflammation of his right wrist."
Link (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-060724cubsitem,1,279686.story?coll=cs-home-headlines)

At first, I thought it read "post-traumatic stress disorder" and wondered when Derrek Lee had been in Iraq. Then I realized that, no, just his right wrist went to Iraq.

EDIT: Well, looks like somebody beat me to the punch. Sorry, Mods.

CHIsoxNation
07-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Oh man, what a bummer. I really like Lee. I'm not surprised though, he really wanted to try and turn that team around and may have come back a little too soon. Hopefully he bounces back for a great year next year.

itsnotrequired
07-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Jeez, talk about some bad luck. The Cubs are really in the crapper now.

Iwritecode
07-24-2006, 04:00 PM
I thought I had heard that he wasn't quite 100% and might have come back a little too soon.

Seems to me they should have done this sooner. It's not like they are playing for anything this year.

DaleJRFan
07-24-2006, 04:02 PM
I thought I had heard that he wasn't quite 100% and might have come back a little too soon.

Seems to me they should have done this sooner. It's not like they are playing for anything this year.

Yea, seems like the best thing to do is shut it down for 06 - get better - and come back in 07 with a vengance.

miker
07-24-2006, 05:01 PM
Jeez, talk about some bad luck. The Cubs are really in the crapper now.
Any good luck he might of had ended when he became a Cub...

Soxfanspcu11
07-24-2006, 05:16 PM
At first, I thought it read "post-traumatic stress disorder" and wondered when Derrek Lee had been in Iraq.

It's post-traumatic stress from having to play at that **** hole stadium in front of those disgusting fans.

Could you imagine having to play in front of those losers every day???:o: You would probably be stressed out as well.

I really hope for DLEE's sake that his career is not going to go in decline now. That wrist injury is a very serious thing, it could affect him in ways that no one even knows.

Hopefully he finds some way to get out of his contract and can go to a team that can actually win and play in front of fans that deserve to have him on their team.

Jjav829
07-24-2006, 08:18 PM
It's a shame that the Cubs rushed him back so that they could pretend like they still had a chance to make the playoffs this year.

SOXPHILE
07-24-2006, 10:53 PM
It's a shame that the Cubs rushed him back so that they could pretend like they still had a chance to make the playoffs this year.

Exactly. The general consensus is that they rushed him back about 3 weeks too soon. Typical Cubs. They were already like 15-20 games under right before he came back, but again, for some asinine reason, they think somehow they can still "get back in it", and rush the guy back. Kinda like last year, when they had Kerry Wood throwing out of the bullpen THE DAY BEFORE HE WAS TO HAVE SEASON ENDING SURGERY. Reason being, that, again, in the middle of August, under .500, and something like 20 games back in the Wild Card, they thought they may still have a chance, and also wanted to give the fans one last look at "Kid K". :rolleyes: That entire organization, top to bottom, is garbage, and they deserve all the losing and bad things that happen to them. Hey, what do they care, you know darn well when they come back to town, that 20 something games under .500 team will still have 40,000 backwards hat, pookah bead wearing drunks with Prior & Wood jerseys on, in the seats, spending money. They deserve each other.

Chi Dye
07-24-2006, 11:36 PM
Don't mention the fact that one of their best pitchers at the moment, Marshall, is on the DL as well.

MsSoxVixen22
07-25-2006, 08:34 AM
Oh man, what a bummer. I really like Lee. I'm not surprised though, he really wanted to try and turn that team around and may have come back a little too soon. Hopefully he bounces back for a great year next year.

My sentiments exactly

WizardsofOzzie
07-25-2006, 06:15 PM
i said it as soon as he came back that it was too soon. Typical cub fan reactions were "oh he's tearing the cover off the ball right now, its soooo obvious he was brought back too soon." I love being right :D: