PDA

View Full Version : Who is Pumped up for Tonight?!

credefan24
07-24-2006, 02:01 PM
I can see the park from my office, and I'm really getting excited for the game tonight.
I think (and hope) that this slump has reached its end, and Vasquez will come out and throw a decent game, avoid the big inning, and walk away with a W. The starters have been pretty decent as of late, and I see only good things for our heroes in the Black, Silver, and White.

Lets show the Twinkies who's the boss!!!! (With appologizes to Tony Danza!):gulp:

nysox35
07-24-2006, 02:04 PM
Good Post

I can't get the game out here in NY, but I'm pumped. It's time to silence the critics and the MN worshippers and get on a roll.
The one thing that sucks is that Jose is facing Johan, but I guess it's good in that he'll probably keep it close.

Go Javy!
Go Sox!

rdwj
07-24-2006, 02:06 PM
It's time! Let's turn the page and put some space between us and the Twins!

Let's GO!!!

Chicken Dinner
07-24-2006, 02:07 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4668&stc=1&d=1153768004

Lets get those Twinkies!

jenn2080
07-24-2006, 02:08 PM
Not Scared!

billyvsox
07-24-2006, 02:10 PM
I am pumped and agree with you.

While I have been very negative with my views on the 'mental midget' known as Javy Vasquez, I believe he will step up and pitch his best game of the season tonight. I believe he was embarrassed by what happened in Detroit, and knows his rime is running out. It has been his ability to step up with great performances in the past to keep people thinking he is a $12 million pitcher.

I also feel this is a HUGE game for the team (especially with Santana pitching tommorrow. Yesterdays win left alot to be desired considering Ozzie's antics with Garland and the poor handling of the Widger release. I would figure the team's chemistry is about as low as possible right know, and Ozzie and Kenny might have gone too far. I don't see many happy faces on the players right now.

However, a win tonight keeps the Twins at bay for the moment and will have us pumped to get after Santana. The 1st game of a series is ALWAYS crucial and was our forte last year.

billyvsox
07-24-2006, 02:13 PM
Part 2

When we beat Santan at the beginning of the season we were 10-5 (having won 9 of ten games leading in to it and feeling invincible).

When we lost to him in May we were coing off the Charlie Hager rout and loss and a rain out in between.

Momentum is everything...Gotta win tonight.

FielderJones
07-24-2006, 02:22 PM
I also feel this is a HUGE game for the team (especially with Santana pitching tommorrow. Yesterdays win left alot to be desired considering Ozzie's antics with Garland and the poor handling of the Widger release. I would figure the team's chemistry is about as low as possible right know, and Ozzie and Kenny might have gone too far.
:rolleyes:

Santana is not invincible. He has 5 losses this year, 3 more than Jose.
Should Ozzie just chew a toothpick when his players don't do what he asks?
What was poor about the Widger release? The team didn't announce the reason for it, the player did in an interview.
If anything, Ozzie and Kenny have not gone far enough. Sox players are underperforming for their level of talent. Light a fire under complacent players!

billyvsox
07-24-2006, 02:27 PM
:rolleyes:

Santana is not invincible. He has 5 losses this year, 3 more than Jose.
Should Ozzie just chew a toothpick when his players don't do what he asks?
What was poor about the Widger release? The team didn't announce the reason for it, the player did in an interview.
If anything, Ozzie and Kenny have not gone far enough. Sox players are underperforming for their level of talent. Light a fire under complacent players!

Agreed that Santana is not invincible except that he is in our heads.

Ozzie should chew out Garland in private, not in fronyt of the team AND cameras.

Kenny should have just said "we thanked Chris for his efforts last year and this, but we felt we needed to upgarde the catching". Period, not talk about the preparation stuff to the media and say the was a request from the coaching staff.

lukeman89
07-24-2006, 02:39 PM
vazquez needs one great game in a big situation to turn his season around. this is the opportunity right now. if he can avoid the big inning, we'll have contreras going tomorrow and then buehrle who is on his regaining his form, we can have a string of 5 games where our starters provide an excellent effort and get us rolling.

we need to get rolling and the sooner the better.

Law11
07-24-2006, 02:41 PM
White Sox, White Sox... Go-go White Sox...
Lets Go, Go, Go White Sox!!!...

Everybody...

nug0hs
07-24-2006, 02:48 PM
I wont be watching as I will be in Detroit seeing Journey and Def Leppard. Its too bad Steve Perry wont be there or else I'd ask for his blessing for the rest of the season.

kevingrt
07-24-2006, 02:48 PM
Time to WIN!

credefan24
07-24-2006, 02:53 PM
White Sox, White Sox... Go-go White Sox...
Lets Go, Go, Go White Sox!!!...

Everybody...

You're always out there fighting and you do your best, we're proud to have you out here in the Middle West!!

Oh, it's ON!

FielderJones
07-24-2006, 02:57 PM
Agreed that Santana is not invincible except that he is in our heads.

Ozzie should chew out Garland in private, not in fronyt of the team AND cameras.

Kenny should have just said "we thanked Chris for his efforts last year and this, but we felt we needed to upgarde the catching". Period, not talk about the preparation stuff to the media and say the was a request from the coaching staff.

I like our chances with Contreras.

When? After the game is over? That's the time to congratulate someone on a job well done, which is what Ozzie did after the game. Jon's a big boy, he can take some chewing out right after he doesn't get the job done.

As I mentioned before, Kenny did not talk about the preparation stuff to the media. Widger did. As far as the coaches asking for a particular player, why not tell the media about that? He comes off as a GM who works with his coaching staff.