PDA

View Full Version : Have we forgotten

caracascat
07-23-2006, 08:17 PM
At the game Friday after an Iguchi K, an ignorant fan yells "go back to Japan" have we not forgotten these heroes of last year. As much as Cliff was bad this year (or anyone else on last years team) do we still not owe them a debt of gratitude to not boo Buerhle or others that are struggling(as was the case Friday). True Sox fans have been known for loyalty. Who is booing these guys!

hi im skot
07-23-2006, 08:23 PM
That moron is not a fan.

Good call, though...I feel the same way.

MRM
07-23-2006, 08:24 PM
At the game Friday after an Iguchi K, an ignorant fan yells "go back to Japan" have we not forgotten these heroes of last year. As much as Cliff was bad this year (or anyone else on last years team) do we still not owe them a debt of gratitude to not boo Buerhle or others that are struggling(as was the case Friday). True Sox fans have been known for loyalty. Who is booing these guys!

It always happens when the team hits a rough spot. Baseball is very much a "what have you done for me lately" sport. That 2005 world championship means no more than the one in 1917 at this point.

I've never been a fan of booing the home town team but I understand why it happens. Put 40k people with huge expectations together with bottomless beer kegs and that's what you get. I

MrRoboto83
07-23-2006, 08:27 PM

I have never booed any Sox player ever. You should of told this guy to go back to Flub Land then.

SOecks
07-23-2006, 08:29 PM
That's just not acceptable no matter what. I don't like the booing of Buehrle but it's nothing compared to the quote that person said to Iguchi. It's up to the other Sox fans and security if needed to show that "fan" how to act and keep him/her in line. If not, they don't belong there and need to be told that by everyone around them. Someone acts like a moron, embarass them publicly. You'd be surprised how quickly they'll shut up and excuse themself from their seat.

rowand33
07-23-2006, 08:35 PM
I've never agreed with booing your own team.

It's ridiculous.

I'd love for somebody to explain how it could possibly help the player.

oeo
07-23-2006, 08:35 PM

Iguchi isn't even struggling. :?:

Sounds like you ran into an idiot today...they're everywhere.

caracascat
07-23-2006, 08:46 PM
As much as the guy has a right to free speech, so do I and I told him"Shut up you idiot". I met reinsdorf in the parking lot after the Tornoto game where Anderson was being booed mercilessly and Politte blew the game wide open. We talked about the booing of Anderson and he brought up a great point people forgot how Robin Ventura started out or my favorite player Harold Baines started out.

The only players I have booed Jamie Navarro, Albert Bell, Will Cordero, all piece of **** human beings. I have never booed the likes of Billie Koch or Cliff Politte. Support your team! Act like champion fans!

HebrewHammer
07-23-2006, 10:21 PM
I have never booed any Sox player ever.

:bkoch:
"Really?"

Bobbo35
07-23-2006, 10:24 PM
There would have definately been some words coming out of my mouth. That is complete ignorance.

jdm2662
07-23-2006, 10:29 PM
I booed Corey Synder when he struck out for like the fourth time in the game in 1991... That's the only time I ever remember booing someone like that.

Soxfanspcu11
07-23-2006, 10:31 PM

"Go back to Japan" is out of line. Booing is fine, I encourage it when needed. I booed Mark on Friday, I was just incredibly fed up.

If you are upset with the way the team is performing, you should voice your displeasure. Are you saying that true Sox fans don't boo? That's a pile of horse **** IMHO.

I'm a bit sick of certain Sox fans telling other Sox fans how/what they should do at the ballpark when they have paid their money to be in attendance and have solid loyalty. If you do not wish to Boo, then fine, that's your choice, if other Sox fans decide to Boo because they are sick of mediocrity, then they have that right as well.

As long as people are not dropping F bombs every 2 seconds or making racial/ethnic slurs like this joker, I don't see what the problem is.

dagame2005
07-23-2006, 10:34 PM
That guy is a complete jackass! How could we possibly ask for more than Tadahirto has given us in the last 2 years. That was an absolute steal, to find him like we did. We could have ended up with another Kaz Matsui!

The Immigrant
07-23-2006, 10:38 PM
At least Iguchi had no idea what the guy was saying...:wink:

LuvSox
07-23-2006, 10:41 PM
True Sox fans have been known for loyalty. Who is booing these guys!

That guy is a brand new Sox fan.

MrRoboto83
07-23-2006, 10:42 PM
:bkoch:
"Really?"

nope never, he had my support

ws05champs
07-23-2006, 11:08 PM
I was brought up to believe that booing was unsportsmanlike. How does booing help a player? Do those booing really believe that the player doesn't know he messed up?

MISoxfan
07-24-2006, 12:17 AM
I'll boo a Sox pitcher that fakes to third then throws to first. I just can't help it. I'll be so intent waiting for the pitch and then he looks like he's going to throw to third. Okay, I can handle that, but no he doesn't throw to third! The boo's just start coming right away, even if it's my favorite pitcher its an uncontrollable reaction.

TheKittle
07-24-2006, 01:16 AM
If a player is jacking it, I will boo the hell out of him. But in general I think it's bad to boo the home team and I think some of the posts on messages boards like WSI are just as bad, if not worst than booing players. Those stupid threads about Garland when he was struggling (How many runs will Garland give up? etc) and people calling him Judy. Stupid.

SouthSide_HitMen
07-24-2006, 01:18 AM
Dave Wells was the last White Sox player I booed during the game he was pulled after throwing up on the mound in the first inning against the Cubs.

http://www.ecusack.com/hartman.jpg

Oh that's right, Private Pyle, don't make any ****ing effort to get to the top of the ****ing obstacle. If God would have wanted you up there he would have miracled your ass up there by now, wouldn't he? Get the **** off of my obstacle!

jdm2662
07-24-2006, 07:55 AM
Dave Wells was the last White Sox player I booed during the game he was pulled after throwing up on the mound in the first inning against the Cubs.

That ended up being a blessing in disguise. The Cubs would've kept bunting and the fat ass probably would've passed out by the third inning chasing all those ground balls...

Thome25
07-24-2006, 08:01 AM
That ended up being a blessing in disguise. The Cubs would've kept bunting and the fat ass probably would've passed out by the third inning chasing all those ground balls...

OMG i almost fell outta my chair I was laughing so hard!!

jenn2080
07-24-2006, 08:04 AM

Unreal on the Japan comment. As for the booing on Friday...it was hard to not show frustration. My friend and I went downstairs to the bullpen bar after Burls 2nd Homer. After that he did fine we just couldnt do anything offensively.

Zisk77
07-24-2006, 08:11 AM
If a player is jacking it, I will boo the hell out of him. But in general I think it's bad to boo the home team and I think some of the posts on messages boards like WSI are just as bad, if not worst than booing players. Those stupid threads about Garland when he was struggling (How many runs will Garland give up? etc) and people calling him Judy. Stupid.

I think you mean Jake-ing it. What a player does on his own time is his business :redface:

bayzbol44
07-24-2006, 08:19 AM
"Go back to Japan" is out of line. Booing is fine, I encourage it when needed. I booed Mark on Friday, I was just incredibly fed up.

If you are upset with the way the team is performing, you should voice your displeasure. Are you saying that true Sox fans don't boo? That's a pile of horse **** IMHO.

I'm a bit sick of certain Sox fans telling other Sox fans how/what they should do at the ballpark when they have paid their money to be in attendance and have solid loyalty. If you do not wish to Boo, then fine, that's your choice, if other Sox fans decide to Boo because they are sick of mediocrity, then they have that right as well.

As long as people are not dropping F bombs every 2 seconds or making racial/ethnic slurs like this joker, I don't see what the problem is.

Bravo!!! IF someone wants to Boo, they should be able to boo. Now everyone is saying that we should not boo our home team? Are people saying we owe them for last year? Believe me, I didn't forget about last year, but like Ozzie said last year is over. IF the players are playing like crap and I want to boo, not go to the game, turn off the game, etc. I should be able to do that. Even when I do these things, I would still consider myself a loyal fan.

soxfan13
07-24-2006, 11:36 AM
As much as the guy has a right to free speech, so do I and I told him"Shut up you idiot". I met reinsdorf in the parking lot after the Tornoto game where Anderson was being booed mercilessly and Politte blew the game wide open. We talked about the booing of Anderson and he brought up a great point people forgot how Robin Ventura started out or my favorite player Harold Baines started out.

The only players I have booed Jamie Navarro, Albert Bell, Will Cordero, all piece of **** human beings. I have never booed the likes of Billie Koch or Cliff Politte. Support your team! Act like champion fans!

Were you booing Belle in 98 when he put up one of the best offensive seasons ever by a White Sox player? Just wondering.

nasox
07-24-2006, 11:40 AM
I think you mean Jake-ing it. What a player does on his own time is his business :redface:

:roflmao:

North Sox Sider
07-24-2006, 11:48 AM
I have no problem at all Booing the home team. If you see a bad performance by your home team then they should hear about it. Buehrle has played like crap and he should expect the booing. His effort has been very poor the last few starts. No one can tell me what I can or cant do since I have spent a lot of money on this team so far. I even booed the people in my section for participating in the wave.

slobes
07-24-2006, 11:53 AM
I'm not really in favor of all the booing. The players have enough stuff going through their head without hearing their own fans booing them.

Tekijawa
07-24-2006, 12:09 PM
You know what would put an end to all of this? If Gooch did go back to Japan never to return, citing the guy in the stands as his reason... We'd all learn our lesson then!

mccoydp
07-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Booing the Sox when attending a game is bush-league and just plain wrong, IMHO.

nlentz88
07-24-2006, 12:37 PM
As a Sox fan, I want my team to win. If a player hears boos and allows them to affect him negatively, then the boos are counterproductive. A player may press to hard, try too hard to make the fans stop booing. So I try not to boo. I'd rather show the team my support and applaud them for their effort regardless of the outcome.

But I'd be lying if I said I never have booed. As recently as last year I was booing when Ozzie went to the pen and called on Marte. In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have added to the chorus of negativity that had to have gotten into Damaso's head.

Now I tend to associate rampant booing with Cubs games. Lately Cubs fans will boo the beer vendor for only having light beer left in his case. I was at Prior's first game back from the DL and I couldn't believe how every Cub fan kept booing the poor guy (granted he pitched like crap)! Now I'm not a Cub fan or a Prior fan, but cut the guy some slack after returning from injury and surgery.

Another way to look at the question is this: what does booing accomplish? By booing a player, do you hope to A) encourage the player to improve, B) encourage the team to get rid of said player, or C) make yourself feel better. Since I don't think outcomes A and B are likely, then the most likely result will be making yourself feel better. Is it worth doing so if there's a chance your booing will have a negative impact on the player/team?

PatK
07-24-2006, 01:05 PM
I see nothing wrong for booing at terrible play.

After Friday's feeble effort, I think I had every right to boo after the game (which I did).

What's gotten me disturbed are all the fair-weather boo-birds that seem to have come out this season. People that do nothing but bitch and moan any time the Sox are losing.

I had to listen to a bunch of clowns proclaim "and that's why there's NO way this team is repeating" after every Sox out, or Rangers hit during Friday's game.

You want to complain all game about why the team is no good, go do it on the North Side where it's tradition.

Chicken Dinner
07-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Booing is the way a baseball fan expresses a negative emotion. It's going to happen. Deal with it.

INSox56
07-24-2006, 01:22 PM
Booing is the way a baseball fan expresses a negative emotion. It's going to happen. Deal with it.

Indeed. And there is a difference between constant booing or even worse, heckling, and booing just for like 30 seconds. I sat near a sox fan who was heckling, literally just heckling Gload for not catching a ball he ran his ass off for and dove. Wow, what a champ that fan was. But I've booed before, not long, but booed for a few seconds. What's wrong with that? I say nothing.

SOXfnNlansing
07-24-2006, 06:07 PM
I would say that 95% of the time I 'boo' at the game, it's directed towards the manager/management. In years past, some slug comes in from the bullpen and gets lit up, I get mad because when the slug was brought into the game, everyone in attendance would know what would happen BEFORE it happened.

Just because a guy's having a tough time doesn't give us a reason to 'boo' imo. I'm the type of fan who, when the season starts, I'm in the trenches for the long haul. The make up of the team is not in my control so I support them.

When everyone KNOWS someone is worthless and a flamer, and management keeps throwing the bum out on the field, that is when I feel 'betrayed' and 'boo'.

The worst manager in my life time was Bevi. Manuel was a distant 2nd. Bevi was the worst manager and I "boo'd" every game.

ChiSox80
07-24-2006, 06:32 PM
I boo Mike North with a passion. He fancies himself Mr. White Sox. Does that count?

I also booed Dan Pasqua a few times. :redface:

PaulDrake
07-24-2006, 06:40 PM
I have never booed any Sox player ever. You should of told this guy to go back to Flub Land then. Like I said in another thread I may bitch and moan, get mad, grouchy, and worry like crazy, but I don't boo the White Sox individually or collectively. As much as I want them to be perennial winners, 2005 will always be special and never forgotten.

SoxyStu
07-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Wasn't it Ozzie who, during 2006 spring training, told the team that 2005 is over? None of us fans "owe" the organization (from top to bottom) anything. We can certainly appreciate their effort and success in 2005 and root for it in 06.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-24-2006, 06:56 PM
Booing Sox players has always been a hot topic on this site, maybe up there with green seats at the park, Booing is fine by me if it is merited, but when you make stupid statements like "go to back to Japan", that's when I draw the line. Baseball is such an international sport now, and making comments like that makes the rest of us Sox fans look bad. Especially when the tournament for "America's Pastime" was won by Japan.

For the record the only Sox players/managers I have ever booed were Jaime Navarro, Royce Clayton and Terry Bevington.