PDA

View Full Version : If my chance.

soxwon
07-23-2006, 09:03 PM
If by chance, somehow some way, The White Sox dont make the world series
Would you root for detroit, if they made it?
say against the Mets? would you root for the mets?

I personally Loathe detroit
i will never ever cheer for them in the Series.
Id gladly see the mets win.

Chips
07-23-2006, 09:14 PM
If by chance, somehow some way, The White Sox dont make the world series
Would you root for detroit, if they made it?
say against the Mets? would you root for the mets?

I personally Loathe detroit
i will never ever cheer for them in the Series.
Id gladly see the mets win.

If the Sox don't make it. (They will)

1. Yankees
2. Braves

Mets and Tigers: I'd go with the Tigers, I loathe the Mets.

The Dude
07-23-2006, 09:19 PM
Tigers because I'd like to see our division represented and also would show we were beat by the best if that happened.

MrRoboto83
07-23-2006, 09:24 PM
Tigers because I'd like to see our division represented and also would show we were beat by the best if that happened.

I agree, I would cheer for Detoilet.

DSpivack
07-23-2006, 09:28 PM
If not the Sox, then Toronto and Detroit are the only AL teams I'd like to see win it. I don't care for any teams in the West (I dislike Texas, Oakland, and Anaheim, indifferent towards Seattle but they're not going anywhere), don't like the Twins, and can't stand the Red Sox or Yankees (though I dislike the Carmines more).

The NL? Cards are my 2nd fave team, but there is no team there I have any disdain for.

Whitesox4ever
07-23-2006, 09:30 PM
If its not the Sox winning it.. I would like to see Oakland take it because of Frank Thomas...

SOecks
07-23-2006, 09:37 PM
If the Sox don't make it I will cheer on any team still in it in the AL Central. After that (aside from the Jays) it's NL for me.

MeteorsSox4367
07-23-2006, 09:37 PM
If, if, if the Sox didn't make it, I'd have no problem rooting for Detroit or anybody in the AL West. In the East, I have no problem with Toronto. Just don't let it be the Yankees or Boston. I'm so sick and damn tired of hearing how wonderful they are.

As for the NL, can't root for the Mets because they're a New York team that isn't the Rangers. I could live with anyone in the West and the Cardinals are one of my favorite NL teams.

SOecks
07-23-2006, 09:44 PM
I could live with anyone in the West and the Cardinals are one of my favorite NL teams.

Yeah I forgot about the Cards. Since I have to move to St. Louis in the next couple months it would be good to see the Cardinals win if the Sox don't make it. I'm going to try to be an NL bandwaggoner once I get there. My love for the Sox won't diminish at all but I figure if I don't at least try to enjoy local baseball there I'm selling myself short. They do have some great fans. I'll sure miss living in the city though... :whiner:

soxwon
07-23-2006, 10:20 PM
mods could you fix the misspelling in the thread title
IF BY CHANCE not MY

Soxfanspcu11
07-23-2006, 10:24 PM
As much I can't believe these words are coming out of my mouth (or hands in this case), I would probably cheer for Detroit, just because it would be nice to see an AL Central repeat.

If Detroit didn't make it, I would root for whichever AL team was there, just to prove that the NL sucks a hard one.

Of course all of this is a moot point, because not only will the Sox make the playoffs, they will win the World Series.

EDIT-I would root for the AL team, UNLESS St. Louis was the NL representative, they are my 2nd favorite team.

monkeypants
07-23-2006, 10:34 PM
It all depends upon the NL representation but I would cheer for the Tigers. I actually like their team because they look like the Sox from last year. Also I usually cheer for original teams of the AL and NL. But if the Tigers were to play the Pirates, Cards, or Expos then I'd have to side with the National League.

CWSpalehoseCWS
07-24-2006, 01:50 AM
I actually like the Mets, so I wouldn't root for the Tigers.

Jjav829
07-24-2006, 01:51 AM
If we don't make the playoffs, I'll root for whatever NL team makes it.

Blackheart
07-24-2006, 04:52 AM
If we don't make the playoffs, I'll root for whatever NL team makes it.

Amen!

TDog
07-24-2006, 05:28 AM
I wouldn't have a rooting interest in the World Series. It might come down to the team team playing whoever I hate the most. If the A's were in the Series, for example, I would be rooting hard for the National League. The same applies for the Yankees. Texas is on the same list, although not as high as the A's or Yankees.

Really, I loathe more American League teams because of how they have punked the Sox over the years, so I would probably end up hoping the National League team won it.

Not that it matters who I root for.

Wsoxmike59
07-24-2006, 07:56 AM
I've always rooted for the A.L. in the World Series with the exception of '95 & '97. My hatred for the Cleveland Indians knew no bounds back then because of Albert Belle, Jason Bere and Cleveland fans in general.

There were a few particularly annoying Cleveland fans that used to troll over at White Sox.com and just continuously talk trash about the Sox all season long.

It was incredibly satisfying to go on their boards the night they blew game # 7 to the Fla Marlins in 1997. I titled my thread there: SOMEBODY MADE A MESA 'R WORLD SERIES CELEBRATION!! :D: