PDA

View Full Version : Here's The Problem: 4-6

BRDSR
07-23-2006, 09:03 PM
This is admittedly a little more of a feeling than a concrete observation, but our 4-6 hitters seem to be doing pretty poorly lately. Today, despite the win, was a perfect example. Dye, Pierzynski, and Crede combined to go 0-11 with 8 strikeouts. Now, Crede has been hot lately, but he is normally in the 7 spot. Thome would normally be 4, and he's looked very lost at the plate lately. I know AJ has been cooling off since the all-star break, and nothing great offensively is coming to mind lately from Dye(great defensive game Saturday night).

The reason I think this is important is that these guys will not continue to be cold all at the same time for the rest of the season. They'll heat up, or two will heat up and pick up some slack, or one can carry the team for weeks at a time.

Of course our starting pitching has been mediocre to bad lately, and thats the other problem, but if the middle of the order can pick it up a bit(and it will) they'll be able to carry a slumping pitching staff for awhile.

Props to the 7-9 bench players for getting the ball rolling today. I looked at the lineup from section 103 and couldn't believe my eyes, but a great game by those three gave us the chance to win. Lets do it again tomorrow!

MISoxfan
07-24-2006, 01:18 AM
Thome, normally 4th? What?

DaleJRFan
07-24-2006, 02:28 AM
4-6 (and Thome) are what carried the team the first half of the season. Now that some of them have come back down to earth, suddenly they're the reason why the team can't win? Pfff..

Buehrle, Vazquez, Contreras and Garcia (Jose and Freddy to a lessor extent) need to stop giving the opponent offense a 7 run head start.