PDA

View Full Version : Hermanson Update

Lip Man 1
07-23-2006, 04:36 PM
Williams expresses doubts. From White Sox.com: (this is not the entire story)

Dustin Hermanson threw one scoreless inning of relief Saturday night for Triple-A Charlotte, dropping his ERA to 6.75 in seven games. But Williams said Sunday that the reports on Hermanson's Minor League rehab work have been about average.

"There's nothing that would lead me to believe his return is in the next week," Williams said.

Waiting for Hermanson's return would be a convenient excuse for Williams to employ if he doesn't make a deal before the non-waiver deadline. But Williams is far more interested in winning than covering his own tracks, pointing out that the right-handed veteran doesn't really fit into the overall team picture at the present time.

"He does and he doesn't fit," said Williams of Hermanson. "He does, if for whatever reason he ultimately turns out to be healthy and effective and we can fit him in. But I'm not counting on him."

Lip

salty99
07-24-2006, 08:56 AM
no surprises here

palehozenychicty
07-24-2006, 09:02 AM
i think the major league career of dustin is ova, truth be told. :(:
he was brilliant in the 1st half of last year.

KMKsuburbannoise
07-24-2006, 09:13 AM
i think the major league career of dustin is ova, truth be told. :(:
he was brilliant in the 1st half of last year.

I hate to say that you might be right. But for Kenny to say that he doesn't fit into our lineup is kind of wierd. We need another reliever. yes, Bobby is our closer now not Dustin but Dustin can still come in as a reliever.

Chicken Dinner
07-24-2006, 11:41 AM
I still think you might see him when the rosters expand Sept. 1.