PDA

View Full Version : DJ is pretty hilarious!

Jurr
07-23-2006, 04:06 PM
I was laughing my ass of today at DJ's constant jabbing of Hawk. For some reason, Hawk's been short and testy today, and DJ just kept on picking at him.

The best exchange?? "Boning" bats.

Hawk's talking about using butcher shop thigh bones to rub against bats to harden them. DJ asks..."You BONED your bats? This is very interesting. I used to sit my bat on the nice porcelain sink and bone it there!"

Then, Hawk's trying to make some big point about being commited to a pitch when you throw it. Hawk goes on to say that "the ball seems to have a mind of its own sometimes. It knows when you're not throwing it with confidence."
DJ immediately starts jerking around with him again, saying, "I was very commited to my bat. I'd talk to it and ask it to take over. My bat was ready, but my body wasn't."

This again brings out a spiteful "I never had any relationships with my bat."
DJ says, "Of course you did. You were talking about all of that boning you used to do to your bat."

Funny stuff. DJ is growing on me.

TDog
07-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Treating Ken Harrelson as a straight man is not a good career move.

Lip Man 1
07-23-2006, 05:19 PM
Hawk has been just as pissed off as the rest of us over this funk. I like seeing that the announcers actually give a damn about if the team wins or loses instead of just wanting to collect a paycheck.

Lip

chisoxmike
07-23-2006, 05:21 PM
They have been pretty good this year. My favorite DJ comment today was about Hawk and how he knows how to trade players regardless of how much or little talent they had.

Regardless, I hate how everybody hates Hawk. I'd rather have a guy up there that cares and shares the same feelings I have sitting at home watching the game, rather than have someone who doens't care.

Personally, the Yankees announcers are pretty bad.

"Going back Williams...see ya!"
"Thhhheeeee Yankees win, thhheeeee Yankees win!"

Ugh.

digdagdug23
07-23-2006, 05:23 PM
They have been pretty good this year. My favorite DJ comment today was about Hawk and how he knows how to trade players regardless of how much or little talent they had.

I heard 99.9999% of the blather in the booth today, and although i agree with Lip to a point, Hawk is just getting more and more on my nerves (if that's possible). It is almost like the meds are wearing off.

The bat part was my favorite, I was sitting here LMAO.

LuvSox
07-23-2006, 05:27 PM
I heard 99.9999% of the blather in the booth today, and although i agree with Lip to a point, Hawk is just getting more and more on my nerves (if that's possible). It is almost like the meds are wearing off.

This is about the time of year I tend to need a break from Hawk. Except last year, of course. :wink:

QCIASOXFAN
07-23-2006, 05:44 PM
I thought it was funny today when they were talking about how the Rangers would not trade Michael Young for any other shortstop. D.J. went on to name potential shortstops they might trade him for like Jeter and Tejada and Hawk said no to both of them. D.J. then was like "how about Juan Uribe, hes a pretty exciting player", Hawk grumbles no again. I thought it was pretty damn funny.

MrX
07-23-2006, 05:45 PM
DJ's been pretty funny all year.

Jurr
07-23-2006, 06:21 PM
I forgot about the shortstop banter. Good stuff!!

I might buy this game on that MLBtv download just to hear that stuff again. It's that funny. Hawk just wasn't enjoying himself today.

TheDarkGundam
07-23-2006, 06:23 PM
Not to mention the infamous "I've been having dreams about DJ" e-mail.
My all-time favorite Hawk and DJ moment.