PDA

View Full Version : Garland is this year's Contreras

ChiSoxLifer
07-23-2006, 02:26 PM
The way Garland has been pitching of late and the best starter, it appears he could have a dominant second half similar to Jose's second half of last year. If the Sox can get the rest of the starters in line, it'll be a second straight playoff appearance and hopefully more.

voodoochile
07-23-2006, 02:37 PM
So what does that make Mr. 9-2 Contreras?:?::tongue:

MarySwiss
07-23-2006, 02:44 PM

This year's Garland? :wink:

ChiSoxLifer
07-23-2006, 02:52 PM

Last year's Garland. Great first half and a so-so second half.

The point I was making was that Garland struggled in the first half and has been the best Sox pitcher in the second half. Just as Sox fans were ready to run Jose out of town in the 2005 first half, but managed to dominate the second half. Jose hasn't exactly been dominant recently as his era has risen almost a full run since June 1.

voodoochile
07-23-2006, 02:57 PM

Last year's Garland. Great first half and a so-so second half.

The point I was making was that Garland struggled in the first half and has been the best Sox pitcher in the second half. Just as Sox fans were ready to run Jose out of town in the 2005 first half, but managed to dominate the second half. Jose hasn't exactly been dominant recently as his era has risen almost a full run since June 1.

What? Little early to be predicting second half records and I certainly wouldn't call Contreras's last start a so-so start even if the team did lose.

Jurr
07-23-2006, 02:58 PM
Boy, I remember a LOT of people at the beginning of the year saying that Garland needs to go, that he had irrevocably changed back to Judy.

Giving the guy some time to shine...what a concept.

Chisox1500
07-23-2006, 06:58 PM
Let's hope that Javy is last year's Contreras and Garland continues to pitch like last year.

southside rocks
07-23-2006, 07:29 PM
This year's Cy Young. :D:

SOecks
07-23-2006, 07:41 PM
I just want Vazquez to win tomorrow and take things one game at a time. Great to see Garland pitching lights out. We just need this team to keep winning.

Soxfanspcu11
07-23-2006, 08:10 PM
The way Garland has been pitching of late and the best starter, it appears he could have a dominant second half similar to Jose's second half of last year. If the Sox can get the rest of the starters in line, it'll be a second straight playoff appearance and hopefully more.

VERY GOOD POINT!!!

I was actually thinking about this earlier, it's a good analogy.

:gulp: to you!

Corlose 15
07-23-2006, 08:20 PM
I've been told that Vazquez is this year's Contreras. I just think he sucks.:D:

Garland has been outstanding the last month and a half and hopefully he keeps it up. I was at the game today and he looked very good, the Rangers took a lot bad swings and he sawed off Mench something fierce.

MRM
07-23-2006, 08:28 PM
What? Little early to be predicting second half records and I certainly wouldn't call Contreras's last start a so-so start even if the team did lose.

Make that both of his 2nd half starts. He pitched well in both games and took tough luck losses. He also won a couple of games in the first half where he pitched pretty bad. W-L records aren't indicative of how good the pitcher is. Look at Javy's record as exhibit A.

oeo
07-23-2006, 08:31 PM

Vazquez will be this year's Contreras...mark my words.

SOecks
07-23-2006, 08:32 PM

Not a bad prediction. He sure has the stuff to do it, lets just fix whatever is going on between the ears.

Iguana775
07-24-2006, 07:24 AM

I hope so. I have no confidence in him being able to go more than 5 innings.

mwc44
07-24-2006, 07:45 AM
Garland is God...
Contreras is in the toilet...
Buerhle can't win...
Garcia can't hit 90 mph...
Our bullpen, as Da Coach once said, "is in a state of disarray..."
We're doomed to fall to the Tiggers...
and worst of all...
...we have NO center fielder!!!

Isn't it still July?????

ChiSoxLifer
08-24-2006, 10:10 PM
I stand by my original post in this thread. If it weren't for Jon, the Sox would be looking up at the Twins in the standings right now. Way to turn your season around, Jon!

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Buehrle is last year's Garcia who is this year's Vazquez. Vazquez is this year's Vazquez is who isn't last year's Contreras. Garland is last year's Buehrle and Buehrle isn't last year's buehrle. Garland is still last year's Garland but is this year's Garland. Garcia isn't this year's Contreras who is last year's Garland. Confused? :?::rolleyes::tongue:

Baby Fisk
08-25-2006, 08:41 AM
Garland is this year's road warrior. It's a very good feeling whenever he is slated to start on the road, regardless of which stadium it's in.

ode to veeck
08-25-2006, 09:11 AM

... and his next won against the Twinkies tomorrow night ;-)

ode to veeck
08-25-2006, 09:12 AM
Buehrle is last year's Garcia who is this year's Vazquez. Vazquez is this year's Vazquez is who isn't last year's Contreras. Garland is last year's Buehrle and Buehrle isn't last year's buehrle. Garland is still last year's Garland but is this year's Garland. Garcia isn't this year's Contreras who is last year's Garland. Confused? :?::rolleyes::tongue:

who's on third?

jongarlandlover
08-25-2006, 11:50 PM

:?: oh wow.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-26-2006, 12:47 AM
:?: oh wow.

I was just kidding :tongue: