PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Superstitous?

warehouse823
07-22-2006, 10:27 PM
I know I am grasping for anything at this point...and I hate when people say..."last year at this time"..."last year..blah blah"...I strongly believe this year is totally different...

BUT...

Last year on the Sunday of "Picinic in the Park"...we snapped out of the horrible slump we had in August by going nuts on Randy Johnson... There really is no logic behind this...

Tommorrow is the "Picinic in the Park"...HOW BOUT WE START PLAYING WHITE SOX BASEBALL ALREADY and GET THIS BACK ON TRACK!

QCIASOXFAN
07-22-2006, 10:31 PM
Tommorrow is the "Picinic in the Park"...HOW BOUT WE START PLAYING WHITE SOX BASEBALL ALREADY and GET THIS BACK ON TRACK! Sounds like a plan.:cool:

Timmy D's
07-22-2006, 10:38 PM
I have an old ratty signed Moose Skowron ball, that I usually hold during the games(the ones I watch on tv, not home game s I'm at). Dont know why I just have for about 5-6 years now. Anyways, about 2.5 weeks ago the ball vanished from its spot, and I looked for it, but couldnt find it. About a half hour ago, my daughter needed something out of her toy box, so I reached in to get it for her and voila~, there was my Moose ball. I now have it back on my coffee table, and I'm staying home tomorrow, so I'll hold it the entire game, and we should be right back on track.

I apologize to all Sox fans on the losing streak. It was irresponsible of me to lose the ball, and I will make a huge effort from here on out to insure this never happens again.

cheezheadsoxfan
07-22-2006, 10:39 PM
I know I am grasping for anything at this point...and I hate when people say..."last year at this time"..."last year..blah blah"...I strongly believe this year is totally different...

BUT...

Last year on the Sunday of "Picinic in the Park"...we snapped out of the horrible slump we had in August by going nuts on Randy Johnson... There really is no logic behind this...

Tommorrow is the "Picinic in the Park"...HOW BOUT WE START PLAYING WHITE SOX BASEBALL ALREADY and GET THIS BACK ON TRACK!

Fine by me. Hell, I'll start live sacrifices to the baseball gods if it will help.

TheDarkGundam
07-22-2006, 10:48 PM
I bought a new Sox hat earlier in the season, once I got it, the Sox went on their 9 game winning streak. Unfortunately, it used up all of the hat's magical powers to break the whole "8-game streak limit" thing, so now that hat is useless.
Fine by me. Hell, I'll start live sacrifices to the baseball gods if it will help.
I've been doing that for a while. It doesn't help.
Note the lack of teal! :o:

IA_soxfan
07-22-2006, 10:54 PM
On my facebook page I put up the famed picture of the crying female cubs fan (post game 7 of the 2003 NLCS) that was doctored with some pro sox mantras in honor of the 2nd set of the crosstown series. I have since been too lazy to take it down, and we have been in the crapper ever since. That picture is not only getting replaced tonight, but also deleted from my hard drive.

Lip Man 1
07-23-2006, 12:22 AM
Warehouse:

They way these guys are imploding I'll try anything to get the 'karma' back.
Maybe Ozzie needs to pull the old Billy Martin trick. Nine names in the hat, one guy pulls them out, that's your batting order people.

Lip

nasox
07-23-2006, 12:38 AM
Warehouse:

They way these guys are imploding I'll try anything to get the 'karma' back.
Maybe Ozzie needs to pull the old Billy Martin trick. Nine names in the hat, one guy pulls them out, that's your batting order people.

Lip

Didn't really work out for Billy Martin.

jcirish85
07-23-2006, 12:53 AM
Last year in August, I left Chicago to go to Germany for two weeks, and what happened? The went through that one bad streak they had in August. I left two weeks ago and I'm in Salt Lake City right now. What happened again? The Sox sucked. Not to worry though, I'm coming back to chicago tommorow.

TheKittle
07-23-2006, 01:12 AM
Hey what's the Sox record since the WSI Drinking team was formed? If it's bad, I blame them!!!!!!:cool:

SoxShirt
07-23-2006, 01:23 AM
If the sox start winning again tomorrow, how are we supposed to know if it was the "picnic in the park", the baseball, the hat, the picture, or jcirish85 coming back to town that helped them? :?::D:

sox647
07-23-2006, 02:19 AM
:sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine:

There! no more clouds, CURSE LIFTED....

Grzegorz
07-23-2006, 05:09 AM
I do not believe in superstition, giving quarter, or excuses.

There is one and only one way to pull yourself out of a funk; stand up and take responsibility for your actions.

It starts today with Jon Garland; we (the White Sox empire) need another strong start from him. I believe he'll perform. Now it is time for the players, coaches, and manager to follow his lead.

nsolo
07-23-2006, 06:51 AM

Now all we need are some agreeable cubs fans.:tongue:

cheezheadsoxfan
07-23-2006, 07:54 AM
Now all we need are some agreeable cubs fans.:tongue:

There are plenty of disagreeable ones. Those would work too!:tongue:

Thome25
07-23-2006, 08:04 AM
If the White Sox are in a winning streak, I'll wear the same cap for long periods of time. Also, I usually try to follow the same routine throughout the day when I'm at home and at work when the Sox are winning.

I also own multiple shirts and pants of the same color so I'll try to wear the same color clothes when we're doing well.

The opposite happens when we're losing. I try to switch caps everyday and switch my daily routines when things aren't going good.

I don't know maybe I have OCD.:redface:

SoXPriDe33
07-23-2006, 09:17 AM
I bought a new Sox hat earlier in the season, once I got it, the Sox went on their 9 game winning streak. Unfortunately, it used up all of the hat's magical powers to break the whole "8-game streak limit" thing, so now that hat is useless.

I also got a new hat right before that 9 game winning streak started and the only way I got the hat is if I told my mom I'd throw out my old hat but I never did incase something like this happened and today is the day that I bring back my old Sox hat.

digdagdug23
07-23-2006, 11:40 AM
If the sox start winning again tomorrow, how are we supposed to know if it was the "picnic in the park", the baseball, the hat, the picture, or jcirish85 coming back to town that helped them?

I am pretty okay with blaming all of them, but if it comes to shove, go with the old stand by. When all else fails, blame TDG...............:wink:

Frankfan4life
07-23-2006, 12:09 PM
The problem with good luck charms and/or rituals is that at one point they they stop working. So, obviously, at that point, the good luck charm or ritual ceases forever to be effective. Think about it. If something worked once, it should work all the time. However, if it did, the Sox would never lose or for that matter no team would ever lose because there are fans on every team that have some form of good luck ritual or charm. Take the rally cap, sometimes it works, most often it doesn't. Those times when it worked were coincidental. Whatever happened was going to happen whether or not you turned your hat inside out.

Am I saying that you shouldn't do any of these things anymore? No, on the contrary, because superstition is as much a part of baseball as the seventh-inning stretch and there's nothing wrong in hoping they will work. Sports fans in general (and players) are superstitious. There is a certain amount of luck involved in pro sports and the outcome could just hinge upon whether "the ball bounces your way" so why not attribute that to your "lucky hat/underwear/shirt/etc." I'm just saying, superstitions do not affect or change the outcome of a game.

SoxShirt
07-23-2006, 03:16 PM
If the sox start winning again tomorrow, how are we supposed to know if it was the "picnic in the park", the baseball, the hat, the picture, or jcirish85 coming back to town that helped them? :?::D:
Maybe it was all of them?!?!?! :D:

cheezheadsoxfan
07-23-2006, 03:18 PM

"Picinic in the Park" it is!!!!!!!!