PDA

View Full Version : *Official* How Low Can You Go? Postgame thread 7-21

Pages : [1] 2

DumpJerry
07-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Uggh. Some good innings from Mark, but there are a total of 9, unfortunately.

It's Time
07-21-2006, 10:20 PM
The wheels are indeed starting to come off. You don't pitch and you don't win. Couple that with a slumping offense and that is how you find yourself 6.5 back.

Buehrle can go to STL now for all I care. Either something is wrong with him physically or he just flat out sucks.

Don't even try and say the Tigers are inexpierienced and that they'll come back to the pack. They are the 2005 White Sox. Everything about them reminds me of the 2005 champs.

I never thought I'd say this year that the White Sox would be this far out. Never.

gbergman
07-21-2006, 10:22 PM
uggh. what a way to go down

MrX
Buehrle can go to STL now for all I care. Either something is wrong with him physically or he just flat out sucks.

:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

MarySwiss
For some reason, this thread--early as it is--reminds me of the movie "Titanic."

Excuse me while I board one of the lifeboats.

SoxShirt
:?: What? Were the sox even playing?

JohnBasedowYoda
they look pretty bad

zmz723
07-21-2006, 10:23 PM
before everyone freaks out, watch these two videos, you will feel better.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dnKKlVPyNQk&mode=related&search=white%20sox%20video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hma9eEqouK8&search=white%20sox%20video

delben91
For some reason, this thread--early as it is--reminds me of the movie "Titanic."

Thanks Mary, now I've got that horrendous Celine Dion song stuck in my head. :(:

Let the fun begin in the postgame thread. The Sox won't play this bad forever folks, try to keep sane.

TheDarkGundam
I actually wouldn't mind winning one game.
Why are the Sox so deadset against it though?

samram
they look pretty bad

"****ty" would be the more accurate term.

JohnBasedowYoda
07-21-2006, 10:24 PM

maybe you've been watching Titanic instead of the games, we look like crap!

It's ok to vent!

QCIASOXFAN
07-21-2006, 10:24 PM
Everything is bad right now. You can't point to just one thing and say that is the reason.

Corlose 15
07-21-2006, 10:25 PM
maybe you've been watching Titanic instead of the games, we look like crap!

It's ok to vent!

Not to hear some say it.:rolleyes:

Jurr
The wheels are indeed starting to come off. You don't pitch and you don't win. Couple that with a slumping offense and that is how you find yourself 6.5 back.

Don't even try and say the Tigers are inexpierienced and that they'll come back to the pack. They are the 2005 White Sox. Everything about them reminds me of the 2005 champs.

I never thought I'd say this year that the White Sox would be this far out. Never.
What a wonderful example of the ignorance we've been seeing lately. Buehrle pitches well from here on out and you'll be putting on lipstick to kiss his ass. Way to root for your guys, especially the ones that got you a world series in your first year (or six months) as a Sox fan. :rolleyes:

JB98
Something has to be done about Showalter. That ball was behind Pods. They tried to take out his legs, and Pods makes his living with his legs.

Somebody from Texas better be drinking out of a straw before this weekend is over. Like Ozzie said, I don't care if we get suspended for 100 games. They WILL NOT take our pride.

Bill Naharodny
Why don't we hear from the folks who don't think we're too dependent on the long ball?

greygoose
07-21-2006, 10:26 PM
Wait for all of the "Let's go get 'em tomorrow!" or "Coop will work his magic soon" posts.

It's Time
:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

When was the last time Buehrle pitched a DECENT game? Just DECENT.

jongarlandlover
Ugh. Mark is starting to aggravate me. I love him dearly, but he's been so hard to watch lately, I don't even know what to think anymore!

Even with the regular lineup, we couldn't get a win. This is just frustrating. And if Jon has to pitch with Macko behind him in center, I'll lose it completely.

Bill Naharodny
Something has to be done about Showalter. That ball was behind Pods. They tried to take out his legs, and Pods makes his living with his legs.

Somebody from Texas better be drinking out of a straw before this weekend is over. Like Ozzie said, I don't care if we get suspended for 100 games. They WILL NOT take our pride.

Hawk said it wasn't intentional. I think Hawk's wrong.

slobes
The one bright spot was that other than one inning, Buehrle looked great. That's REALLY searching for the silver lining though. I don't know what it is anymore. Every night it's the same thing. Something has gotta happen soon, or else we're toast. You can go on saying we've still got one of the best records in baseball, but we are an abysmal 1-6 since the all star break. Not gonna cut it.

JohnBasedowYoda
Not to hear some say it.:rolleyes:

Not sure what that means

rowand33
Uggh. Some good innings from Mark, but there are a total of 9, unfortunately.

saying this was a good outing for mark is like saying that pretty much all of Vazquez's outings have been good. I don't buy it.

Terrible game.

I don't even know what to say.

QCIASOXFAN
07-21-2006, 10:27 PM
Why don't we hear from the folks who don't think we're too dependent on the long ball? Cause I don't think we have any. At least I don't think we do.

JB98

6/27 vs. Pittsburgh. Got the win.

Jurr
Man, this reminds me so much of last August it's scary. The boys are just listless right now. I'm more than confident they'll get it back together, but you could just tell by their body language that this is a team that's not quite right.

Buehrle getting booed by the crowd? Ouch.

Bill Naharodny
07-21-2006, 10:28 PM
The one bright spot was that other than one inning, Buehrle looked great. That's REALLY searching for the silver lining though. I don't know what it is anymore. Every night it's the same thing. Something has gotta happen soon, or else we're toast. You can go on saying we've still got one of the best records in baseball, but we are an abysmal 1-6 since the all star break. Not gonna cut it.

Anyone notice a pattern with our starters? The one bad inning? What IS going on with that?

MrX
Hawk has said a lot of dumb things as of late, just add it to the list.

Blueprint1
I have nothing good to say right now. Everything the can go wrong is going wrong right now. It will have to end some time.

JB98

With two outs in the ninth, that was WAY too coincidental. Bauer wasn't having control problems, except for that pitch. I don't care about the loss. I'm ready to fight now. I was yelling for Pods to get up and charge the mound.

samram
Anyone notice a pattern with our starters? The one bad inning? What IS going on with that?

They've all morphed into Jon Garland, 2003 version.

Bill Naharodny
07-21-2006, 10:29 PM
Cause I don't think we have any. At least I don't think we do.

Funny what a few games against good teams will do.

It's Time
What a wonderful example of the ignorance we've been seeing lately. Buehrle pitches well from here on out and you'll be putting on lipstick to kiss his ass. Way to root for your guys, especially the ones that got you a world series in your first year (or six months) as a Sox fan. :rolleyes:

Ignorance? If he doesn't start pitching well yesterday, we might be 6.5 out. Oh, wait, we are. GMAB! He is getting his ass handed to him every start. Even the mighty Cubs lit him up. He can't stay out of the big inning.

Like I said, maybe he is hurt.

QCIASOXFAN
Hawk said it wasn't intentional. I think Hawk's wrong. Teams are just ****ting on us right now in every way imagineable.

Corlose 15
Not sure what that means

A few posters around here seem to think that venting is unacceptable.

sox1970
07-21-2006, 10:30 PM
No quality starts, no wins.

jongarlandlover
07-21-2006, 10:30 PM

Yeah, I've noticed. Mark and Javy both lost it in one inning and both times, it pretty much blew the game.

This game was just maddening. I stopped watching after awhile, I couldn't take it much longer.

SOecks
07-21-2006, 10:31 PM
That sucked. I have nothing more to offer. :(:

Cuck the Fubs
The sun will come out........tomorrow........bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow....there will be sun:D:

JB98
BTW, our bullpen was bad tonight too. Down 5-3 after seven, we still had a chance. Riske and Cotts pitched us right out of this thing.

NoShoesJoe
Make it stop! I've said my prayers, please make it stop!

TheDarkGundam

Somebody from Texas better be drinking out of a straw before this weekend is over. Like Ozzie said, I don't care if we get suspended for 100 games. They WILL NOT take our pride. Especially since the *******s do it in the bottom of the 9th so we can't do anything.
Ugh. I'm starting to get sick of all this losing.

Suburbanbuddha
I have officially stopped paying attention to the Tigers and now check only the Yankees and Twins.
Not that it can't turn around, but these are dark days indeed.

Jurr
A few posters around here seem to think that venting is unacceptable.
It's okay to vent. Let's not get too far out there. We will definitely laugh at posts that say "Buehrle sucks..let's get rid of him." Yes, he's been struggling, but the whole team's been struggling. It happens.

Now, I agree that this really sucks and the time to get their **** together is pretty ****ing nigh, but the "blow up the team" crap's just outta line.

sox1970
07-21-2006, 10:32 PM
BTW, our bullpen was bad tonight too. Down 5-3 after seven, we still had a chance. Riske and Cotts pitched us right out of this thing.

You'll see how much better a bullpen can be when the starters do their job on a daily basis.

NoShoesJoe
Sean Tracey? Oh Sean, here's what I want you to do tomorrow....Hit that ****er...twice!

Bill Naharodny
Yeah, I've noticed. Mark and Javy both lost it in one inning and both times, it pretty much blew the game.

This game was just maddening. I stopped watching after awhile, I couldn't take it much longer.

Actually, those are the 2 guys that have had it happen to them constantly. Very strange, at least as to Buehrle. As for Vazquez, from now on, I simply call him Danny Wright.

Danny Wright next pitches on Monday.

billyvsox
How do you lose to *****en John Wasdin..are you kidding me.

Anyone think Monroe's grand slam is eerily reminicaint to Torii Hunter taking out Jamie Burke a couple years ago. It wrecked our season.

We need some intesity, I don't care if Pods was hit on pupose or not, Somone has to go down tommorrow, or Buck and the rest of the league will continue to think we are soft and scared (ooohhh my) of being suspened.

This is 2003 and 2004 all over again. I am sixk to my stomach

The Immigrant
07-21-2006, 10:33 PM
I just got back from the game. It felt like Groundhog Day, except it's mid-August 2005 again and we look like all life has been sucked out of us. Unreal. No pitching, no situational hitting, horrible baserunning, fielding mistakes, etc. To make things worse, the Rangers set up their big inning with two consecutive bunts, one of which was a base hit - and I can't recall the last time we did that.

Frater Perdurabo
07-21-2006, 10:34 PM
I'm not scudding like a dark cloud, but just making observations that should be obvious to all. I love the White Sox no matter what, but it's just not fun to watch them right now.

The hitters are terrible in the clutch right now. They have not strung together rallies with hits and walks. They pop up far too much and can't lay down a bunt to save their lives. They almost seem to be playing without any heart.

Ozzie's bullpen managment has been horrendous. For example, having Cotts face Mench was unbelievably stupid.

Buehrle is pitching like a #5 starter. The problem is, so is Vazquez, and Garcia is pitching like a #4. Only Garland and Contreras are pitching well lately. The Sox need a top of the rotation starter.

My heart and head both tell me the Sox should pull out of this tailspin. But they had better do it soon, before Detroit's lead becomes insurmountable and before they fall behind the Yankees and Red Sox in the Wild Card race.

JB98
You'll see how much better a bullpen can be when the starters do their job on a daily basis.

You know what though? I don't think our bullpen is that taxed. I would agree with your post if there was some reason to believe Riske and Cotts were tired.

Chisox1500
I haven't seen the sun in days. Its been cloud covered like this season. Time to panic, we just lost a Buerhle-Wasdin match-up. I shudder to think about were this team will stand at the end of this homestand but its a darkcloud thing to say that they have all but pissed away the division.

robiwho
I'm not sure I've ever sworn at my TV as much as I did tonight.

That's all I can say right now.

It's Time
I don't care if they said the beaning was unintentional or not, SOMEONE from Tex has to go down tomorrow. Enough is enough! The Rangers have been beaning White Sox players all year.

rowand33
seriously, what the **** is wrong with Mark Buehrle?

9-8 record? 4.53 ERA on July 21st?

Jeeeeeeez....

I wish we could score runs that weren't on home runs and our pitching didn't suck.

I'm not even pissed anymore; I'm just numb to us right now.

SoxShirt
before everyone freaks out, watch these two videos, you will feel better.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dnKKlVPyNQk&mode=related&search=white%20sox%20video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hma9eEqouK8&search=white%20sox%20video
:D: Thank you!

JB98
07-21-2006, 10:35 PM
I don't care if they said the beaning was unintentional or not, SOMEONE from Tex has to go down tomorrow. Enough is enough! The Rangers have been beaning White Sox players all year.

Cosign.

Lip Man 1
John Wasdin with a 5 ERA.

Amazing.

Lip

No, we just need a win. Not suspended players and media attention for throwing at people.

QCIASOXFAN
07-21-2006, 10:36 PM
Its not just the pitching. Look at the offense also, Juan could have sacrifice when there was men on 1st and 2nd but he didn't because he couldn't, A.J. got thrown out at the plate by 10 miles. We flat out suck at the moment.

MrX
Joey Cora needs to dial it down at 3rd as well. AJ was just rounding 3rd when the ball was on the way home. There's a difference between being aggresive and being stupid.

billyvsox
I'm not scudding like a dark cloud, but just making observations that should be obvious to all. I love the White Sox no matter what, but it's just not fun to watch them right now.

The hitters are terrible in the clutch right now. They have not strung together rallies with hits and walks. They pop up far too much and can't lay down a bunt to save their lives. They almost seem to be playing without any heart.

Ozzie's bullpen managment has been horrendous. For example, having Cotts face Mench was unbelievably stupid.

Buehrle is pitching like a #5 starter. The problem is, so is Vazquez, and Garcia is pitching like a #4. Only Garland and Contreras are pitching well lately. The Sox need a top of the rotation starter.

My heart and head both tell me the Sox should pull out of this tailspin. But they had better do it soon, before Detroit's lead becomes insurmountable and before they fall behind the Yankees and Red Sox in the Wild Card race.

Mench was 2-2 with Hr's carrer against Cotts. No way he should have pitched to him unless we had a 5-6 run lead.

greygoose
07-21-2006, 10:37 PM
No, we just need a win. Not suspended players and media attention for throwing at people.

People have said that after every time we have been beaned ...... and people keep beaning us.

Jurr
This is not, by any means, 2003 or 2004. It's 2006, and the Sox are a much better ball club. They've hit a bad stretch. So be it.

This team had a 19-8 June. They're 6-10 so far in July, and they've played the Yankees, Tigers, and Red Sox for 9 of those games. THEY'RE ONLY 4 GAMES UNDER FOR THE MONTH!!!!!!

Yes, they're not playing well, but this isn't the Pittsburgh Pirates we're talking about. Get some ****ing perspective, people! 4 games under for a half month. Wow. It's not the end of the world.

JB98

Sorry, but I'm done being kind and political. I'm ****ING SICK of other teams taking liberties with the health of our players. Let the media write whatever. **** 'em if they can't take a joke.

nasox
07-21-2006, 10:38 PM
See, I would use the ignore function of this board, but that would spare me the tremendous amount of laughter I enjoy reading this crap. "Buerhle can go to STL..." Are you ****ing kidding me? Ok, whatever.

DumpJerry said that Buerhle pitched good innings, not that he had a good outing. Buerhle looked better, but that's not good enough. I expect him to turn it around next time.

RELAX. Vent here, but honestly, I hope this is just venting. If people are saying what they actually feel, and not just stuff influenced by tonights horrible game and the past three series, then I KNOW you are delusional.

This is a trying time for the team. But we will emerge stronger and better prepared to win.

This is the time that our team needs us the most. We shouldn't be booing, we should be cheering. Sure, anybody can root for a winner, but when things get tough, the tough get going. The tough can either get going in one of two ways: They can get going by supporting this team now more than ever, or they can get going to where it is easier. Make your choice.

I stand by my team because they are my team. Win, lose or draw, I still love them as much as I did October 26, 2005. And when I love somebody, I don't kick them into the gutter when they need me the most.

Who is with me? Who supports the Sox? I know I do.

MrX
You know what though? I don't think our bullpen is that taxed. I would agree with your post if there was some reason to believe Riske and Cotts were tired.
I'd like to see Cotts stats when he comes in to a game when the Sox are winning vs when they are losing. He seems to get lit up when the Sox are losing, but the game is close.

Cellview22
2 weeks ago, I would've never thought I'd be more focused on the wildcard race than the divisional race, especially in July. And it's been about 2 weeks since I felt comfortable watching tv.. now I avoid watching tv because it's too depressing seeing replays.

Can't believe 2 weeks ago, I posted ":gulp: Here's to hoping the 2nd half isn't as stressful as last September". Now I'm actually hoping for a stressful August and September.

Bill Naharodny
07-21-2006, 10:39 PM
Wait. What's our record since Ozzie started sensitivity training?

DumpJerry
This is not, by any means, 2003 or 2004. It's 2006, and the Sox are a much better ball club. They've hit a bad stretch. So be it.

This team had a 19-8 June. They're 6-10 so far in July, and they've played the Yankees, Tigers, and Red Sox for 9 of those games. THEY'RE ONLY 4 GAMES UNDER FOR THE MONTH!!!!!!

Yes, they're not playing well, but this isn't the Pittsburgh Pirates we're talking about. Get some ****ing perspective, people! 4 games under for a half month. Wow. It's not the end of the world.
You know, that actually cheered me up.
All day today I kept telling myself that come November after the parade, we'll be looking back at this stretch and saying "remember how stressed we were? How silly of us!" We did this last year for the skid we hit last year.

DrCrawdad

Nearly one month ago, June 27 (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6525/gamelog;_ylt=AjF9ijLlvmb1ffq0SDyi.V.FCLcF) vs. the Pirates.

ChiSoxGirl
I'm so low right now, it's not even funny. :whiner: :angry: :mad: I can't even say what I think about this team because... well, because I honestly don't know what I think about them right now. There's so much running through my mind about this team, being hit by a pitch- AGAIN- by Texas (there had better be some HBPs done by Sox pitching tomorrow- it's time to retaliate), and the low levels which they've reached. 6 1/2... 6 1/2. :whiner: :whiner: It's been a couple years since we've seen a deficit of that measure.

I asked this on Saturday, and I'm asking it again because it's necessary. To the guy who started for the Sox tonight: Where are you, and what have you done with our beloved Mark Buehrle? :whiner: :whiner:

JB98
See, I would use the ignore function of this board, but that would spare me the tremendous amount of laughter I enjoy reading this crap. "Buerhle can go to STL..." Are you ****ing kidding me? Ok, whatever.

DumpJerry said that Buerhle pitched good innings, not that he had a good outing. Buerhle looked better, but that's not good enough. I expect him to turn it around next time.

RELAX. Vent here, but honestly, I hope this is just venting. If people are saying what they actually feel, and not just stuff influenced by tonights horrible game and the past three series, then I KNOW you are delusional.

This is a trying time for the team. But we will emerge stronger and better prepared to win.

This is the time that our team needs us the most. We shouldn't be booing, we should be cheering. Sure, anybody can root for a winner, but when things get tough, the tough get going. The tough can either get going in one of two ways: They can get going by supporting this team now more than ever, or they can get going to where it is easier. Make your choice.

I stand by my team because they are my team. Win, lose or draw, I still love them as much as I did October 26, 2005. And when I love somebody, I don't kick them into the gutter when they need me the most.

I'll be at both games this weekend, and I don't plan on doing any booing. At least I won't be booing our players. As for Showalter, I'm not going to tell you what I plan on yelling at him.

BainesHOF
07-21-2006, 10:40 PM
Can we send Cora down? The guy refuses to learn from his mistakes. His waving home of slow runners to be thrown out by 20 feet has become a broken record.

y2j2785
07-21-2006, 10:41 PM

Im with ya man.

It's Time
Nearly one month ago, June 27 (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6525/gamelog;_ylt=AjF9ijLlvmb1ffq0SDyi.V.FCLcF) vs. the Pirates.

That's what I thought. One month ago against a triple A team. It's not just the pitching, it's EVERYTHING. They are doing nothing right and everything wrong.

TheDarkGundam

With the team we have, I'd hope we could actually be better than 4 games under.
If you're okay with being 6-10, that's fine. I am not.

The Dude

It's Time for you to go on ignore!:D:

QCIASOXFAN
07-21-2006, 10:42 PM
Sorry, but I'm done being kind and political. I'm ****ING SICK of other teams taking liberties with the health of our players. Let the media write whatever. **** 'em if they can't take a joke. Not to be an ******* but like Ozzie said if Padilla beans one of our players Sunday there will be a fight and he doesn't care if they get suspended for 100 years. Not to sound crazy but maybe this team needs a good fight right now. It might pull there heads out of the sand and bring them together for the best.

Chisox1500
Everyone here supports the Sox. That is not the issue. The issue is they suck right now. Especially the pitching. This was not the year to lay an egg. Minnesota and Cleveland will be great next year.

I hope they turn it around, but what is the track record of pitchers coming off career highs in innings pitched suddenly snapping out of slumps and getting stronger?

None I would guess. They need an big trade or a miraculous revival otherwise they are the 2000 Sox in a much tougher league.

DumpJerry
What are Buerhle's numbers since he was banned from Slip 'N Slide?

07-21-2006, 10:43 PM

per·spec·tive http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/JPG/pron.jpg (https://secure.reference.com/premium/login.html?rd=2&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.reference.com%2Fbrowse%2 Fperspective) ( P ) Pronunciation Key (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/ahd4/pronkey.html) (phttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/schwa.gifr-sphttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/ebreve.gifkhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/prime.gifthttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/ibreve.gifv)
n.

A view or vista.
A mental view or outlook: “It is useful occasionally to look at the past to gain a perspective on the present” (Fabian Linden).
The appearance of objects in depth as perceived by normal binocular vision.

The relationship of aspects of a subject to each other and to a whole: a perspective of history; a need to view the problem in the proper perspective.
Subjective evaluation of relative significance; a point of view: the perspective of the displaced homemaker.
The ability to perceive things in their actual interrelations or comparative importance: tried to keep my perspective throughout the crisis.
The technique of representing three-dimensional objects and depth relationships on a two-dimensional surface.
adj. Of, relating to, seen, or represented in perspective.

zmz723
in case you missed it---

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dnKKlVPyNQk&mode=related&search=white%20so x%20video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=dnKKlVPyNQk&mode=related&search=white%20sox%20video)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hma9eEqou...%20sox%20video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hma9eEqouK8&search=white%20sox%20video)

rowand33
remember when this was more than an ad campaign:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=74628&highlight=grinder+rules

that was ****ing awesome...

Bill Naharodny
Can we send Cora down? The guy refuses to learn from his mistakes. His waving home of slow runners to be thrown out by 20 feet has become a broken record.

Everyone's pressing, Cora included.

I sure wish that Vazquez wouldn't have given up that homer to Monroe. We're reeling.

sox1970

7-8

TheDarkGundam
I was wondering the same thing.
Let Buerhle have fun again! :tongue:

greygoose
07-21-2006, 10:44 PM
Not to be an ******* but like Ozzie said if Padilla beans one of our players Sunday there will be a fight and he doesn't care if they get suspended for 100 years. Not to sound crazy but maybe this team needs a good fight right now. It might pull there heads out of the sand and bring them together for the best.

Remember the fight several years ago with Detroit :D:

Captian Ron
07-21-2006, 10:44 PM
The bears and the bulls are right around the corner :-)

Corlose 15
07-21-2006, 10:45 PM

Make him earn it. It'll be like his own scooby snack.

Bill Naharodny

I've got it. Send Buehrle to sensitivity training and ban Ozzie from the Slip 'n Slide.

Cellview22
Hey, it all started at Wrigley. Did someone put a curse on this team over there? Maybe I do believe in curses.

let him slide

NoShoesJoe

Right on! I love the Sox, but I'm not blind either. We can quote stats all night long, but right now, this team is not good. It's depressing.

The Dude

Must be a lot of morons at the cell tonight. I ****ing hate people booing our own players!:angry:

nasox
07-21-2006, 10:46 PM
Everyone here supports the Sox. That is not the issue.

This is the issue. Those who boo Buerhle after a rough month aren't Sox fans. Those who say he can go to STL aren't Sox fans. And those who can't stand by them during hard times aren't Sox fans.

greygoose
07-21-2006, 10:46 PM
Right on! I love the Sox, but I'm not blind either. We can quote stats all night long, but right now, this team is not good. It's depressing.

Why don't you support the World Champions?

Corlose 15
07-21-2006, 10:47 PM
This is the issue. Those who boo Buerhle after a rough month aren't Sox fans. Those who say he can go to STL aren't Sox fans. And those who can't stand by them during hard times aren't Sox fans.

I was saying Boo-urns.

This team stinks something fierce right now.

It's Time
:ozzie
"We will do something, I don't care if they suspend me for 100 years".

greygoose
Must be a lot of morons at the cell tonight. I ****ing hate people booing our own players!:angry:

Yeah, they should be sheep like Cubs fans :rolleyes:

NoShoesJoe

Yeah, I agree, but you know, it's frustration. Everyone's pressing and everyone's frustrated. They need to come out like they have nothing to lose. OMG, like the Cubs!

I really didn't just say that. That's an enigma

Jurr
07-21-2006, 10:48 PM
Do you possibly remember as early back as 2001 or 2002? We were pissed off that the Sox were 4 games under for the SEASON. I'm talking about 3 weeks of baseball. It's a slump.

If you think a baseball team's going to go without prolonged stretches of sucking, you're wrong. Even the really good teams (see August 2005 for the Sox) have bad streaks.

For the record, the Sox went 12-16 last August and people were posting "We needed to get Griffey...KW's going to regret it and he's going to get fired".
Other people were posting "We're not making the playoffs...Cleveland's got us".

Baseball's a funny game. Something gets in players' heads and turns their games off like a switch. Then, all of a sudden, it'll come right back. We've just gotta hope the Yankees and Twins don't get too hot.

Chisox1500
Nasox-

We all support and hope they win. But I will not pay anymore money to support this or go out of my way to watch it. Blind support = Cubs fans.

Bill Naharodny
Might be time to start Widger in left and bat him leadoff.

After all, they call him The Igniter.

Jurr
Oh, dear God! It burns...it BURNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TornLabrum

:tealtutor:

zmz723
07-21-2006, 10:49 PM

good god another one

STRETCH!!!
The sun will come out........tomorrow........bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow....there will be sun:D:

Well, I would have preferred a rain out tonight :wink:

Lip Man 1
Personally I think it way past time for Ozzie and Kenny to have a forceful discussion with the team in the clubhouse.

Lip

Bill Naharodny
07-21-2006, 10:50 PM
good god another one

I've done it myself. Painful.

Chisox003
07-21-2006, 10:50 PM
Must be a lot of morons at the cell tonight. I ****ing hate people booing our own players!:angry: That wasn't even the beginning of it, either.

Not only booing, but some *** hole stood by the dugout screaming "CREDE! CREDE!" while giving him the finger. Thankfully Joe never looked up. People around him were like "What the **** are you doing??"

People like that are flat out embarrassing. Yes, we're all frustrated right now, but behavior like I saw at the park tonight and that has been happening here lately is pretty ridiculous. "Buehrle can go to St. Louis now"?? Give me a ****ing break. :rolleyes:

It was terrible out there tonight, game and crowd alike.

NoShoesJoe
07-21-2006, 10:51 PM
Ozzie: "They're like my kids."

Me: OK, time to kick their asses.

TornLabrum
Nasox-

We all support and hope they win. But I will not pay anymore money to support this or go out of my way to watch it. Blind support = Cubs fans.

And reactions like this to a bad streak = :darkclouds::darkcloud::chickenlittle

greygoose
Oh, dearl God! It burns...it BURNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know you like it :D:

sox1970
Personally I think it way past time for Ozzie and Kenny to have a forceful discussion with the team in the clubhouse.

Lip

Personally, I think the starting pitchers need to throw better pitches.

y2j2785
I've done it myself. Painful.

Me too. Very painful indeed.

CLR01
07-21-2006, 10:52 PM
Nasox-

Then don't go out of your way to talk about them. The close button is in the top right hand corner of your screen.

SluggersAway
07-21-2006, 10:53 PM
What? No one is ragging on "dark clouds"? What a difference a day makes.

Jurr
Exactly...they're people that bought Sox hats at Grandstand (no, wait...probably online) after they started showing up on ESPN a little last year.

If you notice, it's the people that have been on this website a long time that can actually step back and get a touch of perspective on this.

The Sox are playing like crap. Got it. If people don't think they'll snap out of it, cool. That's their opinion. Last year, a bunch of us brushed the same kind of oral diarreah off and continued rooting for our boys, and we all know what happened.

Bill Naharodny
Me too. Very painful indeed.

But not as painful as tonight's game.

Again, I'll put it out there again: tomorrow night -- Widger in left, bats leadoff, ignites our ballclub.

Of course, he must wear the wraparound shades, even at night.

Widge = Igniter.

NoShoesJoe
07-21-2006, 10:54 PM
Where's Wayne Nordhagen when you need him? He hit, he fielded, he pitched.

Cellview22
07-21-2006, 10:55 PM
This has been a strange season. The 43-52 Marlins are 6 1/2 games out of a playoff spot, while the 58-37 White Sox are 6 1/2 games behind the Detroit Tigers. Who would've thought??

zmz723
07-21-2006, 10:55 PM
This has been a strange season. The 43-52 Marlins are 6 1/2 games out of a playoff spot, while the 58-37 White Sox are 6 1/2 games behind the Detroit Tigers. Who would've thought??

:o:
that sucks

greygoose
07-21-2006, 10:56 PM
Then don't go out of your way to talk about them. The close button is in the top right hand corner of your screen.

The logical fallacy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_fallacy) of false dilemma (also known as falsified dilemma, fallacy of the excluded middle, black and white thinking, false dichotomy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dichotomy), false correlative (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlative_based_fallacies), either/or dilemma or bifurcation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bifurcation)), involves a situation in which two alternative points of view are held to be the only options, when in reality there exist one or more alternate options which have not been considered. The two alternatives presented are often, though not always, the two extreme points on some spectrum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectrum). Instead of such extreme simplification and wishful thinking (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wishful_thinking), considering the whole spectrum, as in fuzzy logic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuzzy_logic), may be more appropriate.
The false dilemma fallacy refers to misuse of the or (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_disjunction) operator (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_operator). For another misuse of "or", see the false choice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_choice) fallacy. For misuse of the and (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_conjunction) operator, see package-deal fallacy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Package-deal_fallacy).
A false dilemma may not necessarily be limited to two choices; it may involve three possibilities, in which case it is known as a trifurcation, or more, in which case the dilemma may be more the result of accidental omission than deliberate intent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

SluggersAway
Oops, figures "Torn" would beat me by 2 minutes.

gbergman
we need some wins. we need a good streak starting tomorrow

Chisox1500
Keep believing that this is just a bad streak Torn Labrum. I've seen enough baseball to know that this team is an offensive driven team that that does not resemble any type of championship team.

But rah-rah, we'll definately win with Freddy tomorrow, 5 plus eras do not matter. Let's not criticize or point out the truth - 8th in the league in era is great.

DumpJerry
07-21-2006, 10:57 PM
21 over, 21 over, 21 over.....keep repeating. We're only 43 wins away from setting a team record for wins in a single season.

Frater Perdurabo

I agree, Lip.

Also, I am 100% on board with this team and will support them every single day for the rest of my life.

I've said before that I think Buehrle has a shot at 300 career wins. I still do. But it's painfully obvious that for the past month he's been pitching like a #5 starter. Again, the problem is that Vazquez has too, and Garcia hasn't been much better. Consequently, I also think it's time for KW to make a trade for a top-flight starting pitcher. The AL is too strong for KW to sit back and pin his playoff hopes on three starting pitchers suddenly and significantly improving.

SoxandtheCityTee
Admittedly I'm a sensitive soul, but Mark being booed tonight at home was the low point of this year for me so far, and that includes hearing Wednesday's grand slam in the car on the way to Detroit and watching the loss there yesterday. I can only assume these are bandwagoners who think they're somehow entitled, or non-fans who think you are supposed to boo whenever you are unhappy, like a baby crying. When I think of what Buerhle has been for this team, how can you boo him?

Admittedly he is not pitching well. Silvy and Carmen were talking on AM 1000 about that season a few years ago when Buerhle started 0-9. Does anyone remember, was he hurt then?

http://www.extreme-accounting.com/Images/Downloads/full%20screen%20ledge.jpg

Jurr
The logical fallacy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_fallacy) of false dilemma (also known as falsified dilemma, fallacy of the excluded middle, black and white thinking, false dichotomy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dichotomy), false correlative (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlative_based_fallacies), either/or dilemma or bifurcation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bifurcation)), involves a situation in which two alternative points of view are held to be the only options, when in reality there exist one or more alternate options which have not been considered. The two alternatives presented are often, though not always, the two extreme points on some spectrum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectrum). Instead of such extreme simplification and wishful thinking (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wishful_thinking), considering the whole spectrum, as in fuzzy logic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuzzy_logic), may be more appropriate.
The false dilemma fallacy refers to misuse of the or (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_disjunction) operator (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_operator). For another misuse of "or", see the false choice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_choice) fallacy. For misuse of the and (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_conjunction) operator, see package-deal fallacy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Package-deal_fallacy).
A false dilemma may not necessarily be limited to two choices; it may involve three possibilities, in which case it is known as a trifurcation, or more, in which case the dilemma may be more the result of accidental omission than deliberate intent.

Oh my God!! This burns even worse than the fake teal!!!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

TheDarkGundam
07-21-2006, 10:58 PM
Exactly...they're people that bought Sox hats at Grandstand (no, wait...probably online) after they started showing up on ESPN a little last year. I actually just abought a new hat online.
Am I not a real fan anymore? :tongue:

If you notice, it's the people that have been on this website a long time that can actually step back and get a touch of perspective on this.

The Sox are playing like crap. Got it. If people don't think they'll snap out of it, cool. That's their opinion. A bunch of us brushed the same kind of oral diarreah off and continued rooting for our boys, and we all know what happened. Ah, so now it's "the people who've been here longer are smarter because they aren't upset".
Anyway, I'm sure we'll snap out of this, I'm just sick of losing. I want to snap out of this NOW. I'll still root for the Sox if we finish in fourth this year (an I pray to God that doesn't happen).

Bill Naharodny
07-21-2006, 10:58 PM
Where's Wayne Nordhagen when you need him? He hit, he fielded, he pitched.

Now there was an igniter. Nordy. Good old #20. I can't tell you how many times Harry Caray would complain to Piersall: "Jimmy, why didn't someone take this guy when he was in the minors, give him a catcher's mitt, and have him be a catcher?"

So then the Sox DID make him a catcher. Then they had him handle Wilbur Wood! Good times!

Christ, he ran more just going back to the backstop in that game than if he were in the outfield chasing fly balls. Fantastic!

greygoose
07-21-2006, 10:59 PM

You didn't post that about the "perspective" definition :cool:

SluggersAway

Oh what fun, everyone can cut and paste their favourite logical fallacy!

DumpJerry

:?: Oh my. I need to lie down.

greygoose
07-21-2006, 11:01 PM
Oh what fun, everyone can cut and paste their favourite logical fallacy!

It's better than posting critiques of the team and getting flamed to death. "Sox love 'em or leave 'em"

TornLabrum
Keep believing that this is just a bad streak Torn Labrum. I've seen enough baseball to know that this team is an offensive driven team that that does not resemble any type of championship team.

But rah-rah, we'll definately win with Freddy tomorrow, 5 plus eras do not matter. Let's not criticize or point out the truth - 8th in the league in era is great.

Let me put it to you this way. I've been watching the Sox play for twice as long as you've been on earth. Now, who do you suppose has a better handle on the "truth"?

Jurr
I actually just abought a new hat online.
Am I not a real fan anymore? :tongue:
Ah, so now it's "the people who've been here longer are smarter because they aren't upset".
Anyway, I'm sure we'll snap out of this, I'm just sick of losing. I want to snap out of this NOW. I'll still root for the Sox if we finish in fourth this year (an I pray to God that doesn't happen).
No..it's just perspective. We've been through this crap time and again. You should've seen how frustrated this crowd would get with the Twins, no payroll, Danny Wright, Billy Koch, Mike Jackson, getting to .500, and the rest.

...oh, yeah....don't forget "veteran presence" Ritchie. We've dealt with a lot worse as a group on this site, and a 6-10 three week run that followed a 19-8 month isn't going to make us slit our wrists.

CLR01
pic removed

Can we please make an effort to find smaller pictures or alter them so they are not 800K.

Bill Naharodny
:?: Oh my. I need to lie down.

I thought the guy had a point.

greygoose
07-21-2006, 11:02 PM
Let me put it to you this way. I've been watching the Sox play for twice as long as you've been on earth. Now, who do you suppose has a better handle on the "truth"?
Older != wiser

Maybe your old eyes are bad and you can't see the truth.

zmz723
07-21-2006, 11:02 PM
Since July 2nd, Mark Buerhle is Dead Last in MLB in ERA with a 13.81 and also dead last in Hits per 9 innings with 18.9.

Bill Naharodny
07-21-2006, 11:03 PM
Since July 2nd, Mark Buerhle is Dead Last in MLB in ERA with a 13.81 and also dead last in Hits per 9 innings with 18.9.

COOP WILL FIX IT.

Lip Man 1
07-21-2006, 11:03 PM
Cellview:

It's because the American League is brutal right now with teams stacked with good talent.

Jerko
07-21-2006, 11:04 PM
Well, last night at this time the Sox had a 2.5 game lead in the wild card. Tonight, it's still 2.5. So, even though they lost a game to BOTH the Tigers and Twins, there's enough head to head meeings left with both of those teams to take care of business. So, win most of the head to heads with Minnesota and Detroit, and kill whoever we're playing while Minnesota is PLAYING Detroit, and we can still pull this division out. They can't both keep winning every damn night.

soxfanreggie
07-21-2006, 11:05 PM
Torn,

I do respect your views on the Sox, but I would have to disagree on the "I have a better handle on the truth because I have been alive longer." argument. It may be true in your instance, but as a whole, it is not always true. I know in a variety of situations that just because someone is a lot older, does not mean that they have a better handle on things.

The Dude
Yeah, they should be sheep like Cubs fans :rolleyes:

Umm I believe Cubs fans are the ones who boo their own players hardcore. Get a clue.:rolleyes:

Jurr
Well, last night at this time the Sox had a 2.5 game lead in the wild card. Tonight, it's still 2.5. So, even though they lost a game to BOTH the Tigers and Twins, there's enough head to head meeings left with both of those teams to take care of business. So, win most of the head to heads with Minnesota and Detroit, and kill whoever we're playing while Minnesota is PLAYING Detroit, and we can still pull this division out. They can't both keep winning every damn night.
What??? What are you doing? Don't talk sense. We will have none of it!!!

TornLabrum
Older != wiser

Or maybe...never mind.

nasox
So, even though they lost a game to BOTH the Tigers and Twins...

I'm assuming you meant Texas Rangers.

CLR01

There is definitely a third option.....:dunno:

:rolleyes:

greygoose
07-21-2006, 11:06 PM
Umm I believe Cubs fans are the ones who boo their own players hardcore. Get a clue.:rolleyes:

Those are the tourists that thought that they were going to see Kerry Wood pitch :cool:

nasox
07-21-2006, 11:06 PM
Or maybe...never mind.

This will be a warning to all. Anymore personal attacks and people are getting vacations.

BeviBall!
07-21-2006, 11:07 PM
I think Burls, and half the people spewing rubbish tonight, should go on the DL. If you can't take a streak like this, than watch Nick At Nite.

It's obvious that our team sucks right now. What can you do about it other than tune in tomorrow and hope it ends? Ozzie's not listening. Kenny's not listening. I'm sure your significant others ain't listening. Why let this ruin your night?

JB98
07-21-2006, 11:07 PM
No..it's just perspective. We've been through this crap time and again. You should've seen how frustrated this crowd would get with the Twins, no payroll, Danny Wright, Billy Koch, Mike Jackson, getting to .500, and the rest.

...oh, yeah....don't forget "veteran presence" Ritchie. We've dealt with a lot worse as a group on this site, and a 6-10 three week run that followed a 19-8 month isn't going to make us slit our wrists.

Don't forget the late '90s days of Mike Bertotti and Atlee Hammaker (at the end of his career). And Jaime Navarro. Boy, there have been times a lot worse than these. Scott Ruffcorn doesn't live here anymore, and for that, we can all be thankful.

The Dude
07-21-2006, 11:08 PM
Those are the tourists that thought that they were going to see Kerry Wood pitch :cool:

Glad you know that!

SluggersAway
Older != wiser

Uh oh!

greygoose
Glad you know that!

Or it was "bring your trash to wrigley night"

Jerko
07-21-2006, 11:09 PM
I'm assuming you meant Texas Rangers.

I meant in the standings.

Jurr
07-21-2006, 11:10 PM
I think Burls, and half the people spewing rubbish tonight, should go on the DL. If you can't take a streak like this, than watch Nick At Nite.

It's obvious that our team sucks right now. What can you do about it other than tune in tomorrow and hope it ends? Ozzie's not listening. Kenny's not listening. I'm sure your significant others ain't listening. Why let this ruin your night?
Oh..it's apparently a lot more fun to wish perenially consistent but currently struggling ballplayers to leave the team.

nasox
07-21-2006, 11:10 PM
I meant in the standings.

Makes sense now. "Lost one game..."

It's Time
07-21-2006, 11:11 PM
:JB
"Anyone need a 5th starter"?

TornLabrum
07-21-2006, 11:11 PM
Torn,

I do respect your views on the Sox, but I would have to disagree on the "I have a better handle on the truth because I have been alive longer." argument. It may be true in your instance, but as a whole, it is not always true. I know in a variety of situations that just because someone is a lot older, does not mean that they have a better handle on things.

Let me put it this way. I've lived through the Go-Go era, the Eddie Stankey era, and yes, the team that lost 106 games. I've seen the Dick Allen era, I've seen the hitmen. I've seen the LaRussa Era, Torborg, Lamont, Manuel, and finally Ozzie.

In other words, don't tell me about truth. I've forgotten more baseball than this guy has seen. I've seen every permutation of the Sox for the past 50 years. This is a SLUMP. It is a BAD STRETCH. Will we come out of it? YES. Will we have enough when we do to overcome the Tigers, or beat out either the Twins or Red Sox or Yankees for the Wild Card? Who the hell knows. I'm not a ****ing fortune teller.

But this sky is falling stuff is just utter bull****.

Jurr
07-21-2006, 11:12 PM
Don't forget the late '90s days of Mike Bertotti and Atlee Hammaker (at the end of his career). And Jaime Navarro. Boy, there have been times a lot worse than these. Scott Ruffcorn doesn't live here anymore, and for that, we can all be thankful.
Exactly. The people that make these ridiculous comments about "This team is clearly built around offense" have NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON.

They apparently have no concept of this sad reality:
Buehre
Loaiza
Garland
Schoeneweis
Wright.

We're built around nothing but offense. Give me a ****ing break. :dtroll:

Viva Medias B's
07-21-2006, 11:13 PM
I just got back from the ballpark, and I left after the big bomb in the Texas 8th inning. So did a lot of people. When I was walking alongsode 35th Street toward the viaduct, I saw so many people walking down the ramps it looked like postgame. In fact, I do not recall ever seeing that many people leave a Sox game early on a fireworks night.

Is this team is a free fall at the present time? Well, maybe you could make a case for that considering we've lost 8 of our last 10 while Detroit and Minnesota keep winning. Should you be frustrated over this? Absolutely. Nevertheless, I will reiterate what I said yesterday. Do not give up on this Sox team. We have 2½ months left in the regular season which is more than enough time to do what we have to do. I think there is enough talent on this team to propel it into the playoffs as divisional champs.

I add an edit to mention that I think Ozzie Guillen said the right thing in the postgame presser. Part of me wanted Ozzie to go Ditka and blow up over how we've been playing. However, Ozzie did a more sensible thing in telling the team in the clubhouse after the game not to go flat in the face of adversity and to come to the ballpark tomorrow with a smile.

Jurr
07-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Let me put it this way. I've lived through the Go-Go era, the Eddie Stankey era, and yes, the team that lost 106 games. I've seen the Dick Allen era, I've seen the hitmen. I've seen the LaRussa Era, Torborg, Lamont, Manuel, and finally Ozzie.

In other words, don't tell me about truth. I've forgotten more baseball than this guy has seen. I've seen every permutation of the Sox for the past 50 years. This is a SLUMP. It is a BAD STRETCH. Will we come out of it? YES. Will we have enough when we do to overcome the Tigers, or beat out either the Twins or Red Sox or Yankees for the Wild Card? Who the hell knows. I'm not a ****ing fortune teller.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:c0DJNiqtoSMy-M:www.elet.polimi.it/upload/bregni/photoart/neworleans/american_applause.jpg

SluggersAway
07-21-2006, 11:15 PM
Let us repeat this wisdom for the hearing impaired and those with a lack of reading comprehension:

downstairs
07-21-2006, 11:15 PM
Welcome to third place, population Chicago White Sox.

BeviBall!
07-21-2006, 11:16 PM
Lets talk about the game rationally for a minute... what signifies the difference between last year and this was the Uribe AB with runners on 1st and 2nd and no one out. Not to even attempt a sacrifice says VOLUMES. Now, I know we haven't had success bunting this year, but that doesn't mean you stop trying.

Cora, Cora, Cora. The guy is streaky just like the team. I admire his aggressiveness, but you can't treat AJ like Pablo. You have to use your brain every once and a while.

Freddy goes tomorrow against a cub castoff... it has to get better. It needs to get better. No one is immune from a slump. Coaches, bullpen, starters, etc. Good news is, all it takes is one pitch to change everything.

zmz723
07-21-2006, 11:16 PM

:?:

Jurr
07-21-2006, 11:17 PM
Welcome to Wrigley Field. Seats are easy to come by right now. It's really hot out.

A. Cavatica
07-21-2006, 11:17 PM
The Sox have plenty of time to pull out of this, but it's hard watching them right now. I've started tuning out the games to save my sanity. Time to go watch the 2005 DVDs again...

voodoochile
07-21-2006, 11:18 PM

*Voodoo Stands*

*Voodoo Claps*

Hang in there folks. This too will pass and when it does, look out above...:)

BeviBall!

I'm sorry... is it 1989 again?

Viva Medias B's

:dtroll:

Bill Naharodny
07-21-2006, 11:19 PM

Amen to all that, brother. I always enjoy your posts.

But I don't think the guy ever said the sky was falling or acted that way. (unless I missed something here). In fact, all he said was that he was getting ready for all the posts complaining about people saying the sky was falling.

So, I guess you kind of just made his point.

SluggersAway
07-21-2006, 11:20 PM
Torn: you have got three [four] complete quotes, this calls for a standing ovation and an encore!

QCIASOXFAN
07-21-2006, 11:21 PM
Welcome to third place, population Chicago White Sox.Gimme a break man.

Bill Naharodny
07-21-2006, 11:22 PM
Lets talk about the game rationally for a minute... what signifies the difference between last year and this was the Uribe AB with runners on 1st and 2nd and no one out. Not to even attempt a sacrifice says VOLUMES. Now, I know we haven't had success bunting this year, but that doesn't mean you stop trying.

Cora, Cora, Cora. The guy is streaky just like the team. I admire his aggressiveness, but you can't treat AJ like Pablo. You have to use your brain every once and a while.

Freddy goes tomorrow against a cub castoff... it has to get better. It needs to get better. No one is immune from a slump. Coaches, bullpen, starters, etc. Good news is, all it takes is one pitch to change everything.

I missed this part of the game, but it sounds like yesterday with not having Widger bunt. This STARTS WITH OZZIE and no one else. If playing well fundamentally is a priority, then be an example to the team: make Uribe bunt.

The team is taking its cues from the manager. The manager needs to do the right thing here.

TornLabrum
07-21-2006, 11:23 PM
Torn: you have got three [four] complete quotes, this calls for a standing ovation and an encore!

One things for certain. After that rant, I know I'm never going to get an ulcer.

soxfanreggie
07-21-2006, 11:25 PM
Torn,

I wasn't saying that you didn't know a lot about baseball but was making the point that it is not always a correlation between age and knowing the truth.

We all have our thoughts on what is going to happen with the season. Now, we just have to wait and see what holds true. As you said, nobody can predict the future.

NoShoesJoe
07-21-2006, 11:26 PM
Alright, enough http://messenger.msn.com/MMM2006-04-19_17.00/Resource/emoticons/66_66.gif for me. I've vented. Tomorrow's another day filled with hope.

I haven't been on WSI long, but I've been a fan since 1968. I too, have seen some *really* bad teams. It's frustrating now, but I'm sure things will look better tomorrow and Sunday when the Sox win the series and then take the series from Minn. A week from now, we'll be in http://www.xs4all.nl/~ernstmul/images/yahoo/41.gif

BeviBall!
07-21-2006, 11:29 PM
As you said, nobody can predict the future. http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:9K4eUSyZfB65eM:www.harrywalker.com/photos/Roker_Al.jpg

Another hot one in Chicago today! You gonna finish that bear claw, Lauer? Of course not!

RadioheadRocks
07-21-2006, 11:33 PM
As you said, nobody can predict the future.

:cleo

No one except ME, mon!

TheOldRoman
Sorry, but I'm done being kind and political. I'm ****ING SICK of other teams taking liberties with the health of our players. Let the media write whatever. **** 'em if they can't take a joke.
I said this after the Padilla game, and it bears repeating. This HBP bull**** has gone on too long. We haven't retalliated, and even when we do, it will do little. Teams are dying to draw the Sox into a beanball war, because the Sox won't win. After all, Ozzie is a "goon" and a "troublemaker", and AJ is an "instigator". Ozzie will get 2-3 times the suspension other managers would. And every time Ozzie retalliates, the media will run with it, and his suspension will get longer and longer.
We need a swift end to it. Sunday afternoon I want Mark Teixiera's head. Hitting someone in the butt or thigh will do little. If we crack Teixiera's batting helmet, clowns like Showalter will think twice about throwing at us. Ozzie is going to get suspended no matter what, so he might as well go all out. This **** needs to stop.

DMarte708
:dtroll:
It may be premature to imply we're already in third place, but considering we're closer to Minnesota than Detroit, I wouldn't exactly say it was a comment which warrants a dancing troll.

TornLabrum
07-21-2006, 11:34 PM
Torn,

I wasn't saying that you didn't know a lot about baseball but was making the point that it is not always a correlation between age and knowing the truth.

We all have our thoughts on what is going to happen with the season. Now, we just have to wait and see what holds true. As you said, nobody can predict the future.
I was simply using your post as a stepping stone to answer Chisox1500 and greygoose. In particular from Chisox1500:

I think I've seen just a little bit more baseball than he has, and I have seen about 50 years of championship teams from two leagues.

And in particular from greygoose:

Older != wiser

I didn't bring up truth.

voodoochile
07-21-2006, 11:34 PM
It may be premature to imply we're already in third place, but considering we're closer to Minnesota than Detroit, I wouldn't exactly say it was a comment which warrants a dancing troll.

Your comment doesn't. Their comment does...

BeviBall!
07-21-2006, 11:36 PM

It's precisely the proper time. Do we need some math lessons?

DMarte708
07-21-2006, 11:37 PM
I said this after the Padilla game, and it bears repeating. This HBP bull**** has gone on too long. We haven't retalliated, and even when we do, it will do little. Teams are dying to draw the Sox into a beanball war, because the Sox won't win. After all, Ozzie is a "goon" and a "troublemaker", and AJ is an "instigator". Ozzie will get 2-3 times the suspension other managers would. And every time Ozzie retalliates, the media will run with it, and his suspension will get longer and longer.
We need a swift end to it. Sunday afternoon I want Mark Teixiera's head. Hitting someone in the butt or thigh will do little. If we crack Teixiera's batting helmet, clowns like Showalter will think twice about throwing at us. Ozzie is going to get suspended no matter what, so he might as well go all out. This **** needs to stop. You're definitely going to catch flack for that suggestion. Hitting someone's head will draw such a media scorn upon Guillen he'll be unable to escape it with "Ozzie being Ozzie" remarks. You KNOW people will automatically assume Guillen is the one who ordered a beaning.

Messing around people's head never should occur. Below the neck should be the target if a HBP is deemed appropriate.

Brian26
07-21-2006, 11:41 PM

The guy's been the ****ing foundation of the staff for 5.5 years, and you're ready to throw him on the trash pile after three or four bad games?

itsnotrequired
**** you, White Sox.

Sig update time...

Soxfest
Rough stretch but Sox will come around soon!

CLR01
07-21-2006, 11:42 PM
You're definitely going to catch flack for that suggestion. Hitting someone's head will draw such a media scorn upon Guillen he'll be unable to escape it with "Ozzie being Ozzie" remarks. You KNOW people will automatically assume Guillen is the one who ordered a beaning.

Messing around people's head never should occur. Below the neck should be the target if a HBP is deemed appropriate.

I wouldn't mind someone taking a shot to the ribs and someone else getting a little chin music. I do not want to see anyone actually hit in he head though.

TheOldRoman
07-21-2006, 11:42 PM
The guy's been the ****ing foundation of the staff for 5.5 years, and you're ready to throw him on the trash pile after three or four bad games?
Hells yeah! Hey, Mark Redman has been hot lately. Go get him, Kenny!

soxfanreggie
07-21-2006, 11:47 PM
Torn, went back and read the post, I didn't see the quotes around the truth. My bad.

TornLabrum
I wouldn't mind someone taking a shot to the ribs and someone else getting a little chin music. I do not want to see anyone actually hit in he head though.

And here is where the degradation of the English language is a huge problem.

Everybody grew up knowing that "beaning" somebody was bad. I remember as a very young kid reading an article about the bean ball in a Street & Smith's annual. It talked about the accidental beaning of Ray Chapman that resulted in his death in those pre-helmet days.

So where does the degradation of the language come in? Well, somewhere along the line somebody misinterpreted the term "beaning" to mean any ball deliberately thrown at a batter, no matter what the location. Everybody knew beaning was bad, so in his infinite wisdom the commissioner of baseball, who is old enough to know that beaning really is decided to prevent injuries and brawling resulting from this terrible practice, which originally had nothing to do with brushback pitches or throwing behind somebody's back or elbow pad or hip.

So now the rules are absolutely ridiculous. But I guarantee they're in place because players, writers, and yes, even the Commissioner of Baseball doesn't remember what the hell a bean ball really is.

Brian26
Man, this reminds me so much of last August it's scary.

Its actually different in the sense that we never lost the lead last August, yet we now find ourselves 6.5 games out, which hasn't been the case since '04.

Brian26
07-21-2006, 11:49 PM
With two outs in the ninth, that was WAY too coincidental. Bauer wasn't having control problems, except for that pitch. I don't care about the loss. I'm ready to fight now. I was yelling for Pods to get up and charge the mound.

I hope it lights a fire under our asses. That's the only good that can come from it.

itsnotrequired
07-21-2006, 11:49 PM
Its actually different in the sense that we never lost the lead last August, yet we now find ourselves 6.5 games out, which hasn't been the case since '04.

Agreed. If we lost 5 games of a ten game lead, I wouldn't care. The Sox have lost 5 games of a 1.5 game deficit. I am more concerned...

TornLabrum
07-21-2006, 11:50 PM
Torn, went back and read the post, I didn't see the quotes around the truth. My bad.

No problem.

Patrick134
07-21-2006, 11:50 PM

The actual slumping looks similar, but most bad stretches will look pretty similar. It's a similar streak, it's just we started in a lesser position this year.

WSox8404
07-21-2006, 11:55 PM

Yeah they want to take Pods out. That will really put us into a tailspin.

cheezheadsoxfan
07-21-2006, 11:56 PM

Well put, my feelings exactly. If this slumps sends some of the 6 month to 1 year "fans" packing, fine.

Brian26
07-21-2006, 11:57 PM

I think the Sox are a better club...but (this is the pessimist talking in me now) this is a critical point in the season. This reminds me a little bit of 1985 right now for some reason.

WSox8404
07-21-2006, 11:57 PM
Man, this reminds me so much of last August it's scary. The boys are just listless right now. I'm more than confident they'll get it back together, but you could just tell by their body language that this is a team that's not quite right.

I don't care who you are. It is in my opinion that if you stink it up you deserved to get booed. They are making millions, so I think they can deal with it. Maybe if they keep getting booed they will realize that everything wasn't going to be handed to them on a silver platter just because they are the World Champs.

Brian26
07-21-2006, 11:59 PM
The bears and the bulls are right around the corner :-)

**** the bears. You've got to be kidding me.

TornLabrum
07-22-2006, 12:00 AM
Well, you have to admit one thing: The people who said they'd be satisfied with just one World Series championship in their lifetime are now either very silent or have gotten just as greedy as I've always been.

Brian26
07-22-2006, 12:01 AM

So you didn't see the double-wave going when we were down 5-3 and trying to pitch out of a jam? I've never been so pissed off to be a Sox fan.

TheOldRoman
07-22-2006, 12:02 AM
Well, you have to admit one thing: The people who said they'd be satisfied with just one World Series championship in their lifetime are now either very silent or have gotten just as greedy as I've always been.
And for some reason, I don't handle losing better than I did before October 26. I am even worse than before.

Brian26
07-22-2006, 12:03 AM

Lip

Complete with buffet-table full of cold cuts and potato salad being flipped over. :angry:

The Dude
07-22-2006, 12:06 AM

Another one bites the dust!:D:

Brian26
07-22-2006, 12:07 AM

LOL, you just summarized six years in two paragraphs.

The Dude
07-22-2006, 12:09 AM
So you didn't see the double-wave going when we were down 5-3 and trying to pitch out of a jam? I've never been so pissed off to be a Sox fan.

Well I'm glad I was working and the only thing I saw was the score increasing! Man do I love those 2-10 shifts once in a while!:redneck

Hopefully we wont have as many idiots the next two games this weekend that I'm attending.

The Dude
07-22-2006, 12:09 AM
And for some reason, I don't handle losing better than I did before October 26. I am even worse than before.

That's strange because I am much easier with the losing because we have a trophy now. To each his/her own!

dcb56
07-22-2006, 12:10 AM
Just got back from the game, definitely a disappointment. Thome's home run was certainly business in the front, party in the back, but after that it was Texas that was all business. This team needs to turn it around and fast or it'll be eating Minnesota's dust.

Dan Mega
07-22-2006, 12:14 AM
Just got back from the game. At least the fireworks were nice, because nothing else from this was. The fans in the UD started a wave when the game was close, what are they thinking?

Brian26
07-22-2006, 12:16 AM

Count me in the greedy line. I want a threepeat.

Corlose 15
07-22-2006, 12:19 AM

Thats part of why I'm so frustrated by this craptacular play. I WANT A DAMN DYNASTY!

itsnotrequired
07-22-2006, 12:21 AM
That's strange because I am much easier with the losing because we have a trophy now. To each his/her own!

I have a tougher time right now because the team assembled at the start of the season was better than the 2005 team. Attendance went up and the front office responded by getting big-name players. If they had a team of hacks and were performing at this level, I would be ecstatic.

cheezheadsoxfan
07-22-2006, 12:23 AM

Yeah, I was one of those. Now of course I want the repeat. That 10/26/06 feeling is addictive. Your "thru the years with the White Sox" rant was great by the way.

cheezheadsoxfan
07-22-2006, 12:26 AM

I kinda like that too. If I have to take crap from Cub/Brewer fans at work it's "Can't hear you, I have a trophy in my ear."

RadioheadRocks
07-22-2006, 12:26 AM
Yeah, I was one of those. Now of course I want the repeat. That 10/26/06 feeling is addictive. Your "thru the years with the White Sox" rant was great by the way.

Exactly. I'll always be grateful for our 2005 Championship, but I'll admit there's that feeling inside of me that's a lot like trying to eat just one potato chip, but I'm keeping a level head despite that.

beckett21
07-22-2006, 12:28 AM
The White Sox still have the third-best winning percentage in all of baseball, 0.5 games back of the Red Sox for second.

While they are not playing well right now, I would hardly call this season a disaster.

Detroit is playing out of their minds. Nothing the Sox can do about it now except right the ship and take care of their own business. They still have plenty of H2H games left that will ultimately decide the fate of both teams.

DickAllen72
07-22-2006, 12:31 AM

I agree. You can kill someone, or seriously injure them by beaning them in the head with a fastball.

But one in the ribs is certainly warranted to protect the Sox batters from repeatedly being drilled. This must cease.

MrX
07-22-2006, 12:33 AM

...oh, yeah....don't forget "veteran presence" Ritchie. We've dealt with a lot worse as a group on this site, and a 6-10 three week run that followed a 19-8 month isn't going to make us slit our wrists. I'm a fan of the Rick White and Ken Hill eras myself

Nellie_Fox
07-22-2006, 12:57 AM
Well, you have to admit one thing: The people who said they'd be satisfied with just one World Series championship in their lifetime are now either very silent or have gotten just as greedy as I've always been.Oh, how I wish I knew how to find that thread from last year. All the people saying that just one WS championship and they'd be happy for the rest of their lives. I posted at that time that they were BSing, that as soon as the next season started, they'd be complaining if it didn't go well that very season.

Beer Can Chicken
07-22-2006, 01:29 AM
We need a spark from our rotation. Someone (Buerhle or Sweaty Freddy) needs to go on the 15-DL to rest for the stretch run while we give McCarthy his chance to shine....

credefan24
07-22-2006, 01:31 AM
I'm greedy as heck. I want them to win and do it now. They have a great shot this year of doing it. The talent IS there, although lately, we haven't seen it.

These guys can do it, cmon ozzie, light a fire.

LETS GO GO SOX!!!!

Chisox003
07-22-2006, 01:34 AM
We need a spark from our rotation. Someone (Buerhle or Sweaty Freddy) needs to go on the 15-DL to rest for the stretch run while we give McCarthy his chance to shine....
That, my friend, is asinine.

viagracat
07-22-2006, 01:47 AM
Just got back from the game. I had a bad feeling about the game when AJ was out at the plate by 20 feet in the 4th inning. When you're going bad, the last thing you want to do is run yourself out of an inning. I don't know what the hell Cora was thinking. I was as pissed off as I've ever been at USCF after that play.

Add the boos directed at Buehrle (never thought I'd see that), Pods getting drilled with the game out of hand and the repeated attempts to start the Wave late in the game, and it added up to a bad night at the ol' ballpark.

The upcoming Twins series is looming huge. If the Sox don't start playing harder and smarter in a hurry they're going to be in third place before they know what hit them.

Beer Can Chicken
07-22-2006, 01:48 AM
That, my friend, is asinine.
Very well may be asinine. Dont be afraid to think outside the box. But in case you havent been watching, Buerhle is obviously tired and if he has another outing like his last 4, I wouldnt be suprised if he hit the DL.

McCarthy doesnt even have a role in the bullpen and is wasting away. We have 4 starters in the 5.0 era area. McCarthy will be getting his shot sooner rather than later.

CaptainBallz
07-22-2006, 02:07 AM
There was a team a month ago that saw 5-3 and said..'pfffffhhh'. They're here somewhere...not sure where..... They need to hear the boo's because, seriously...they're playing like *******s.

Nellie_Fox
07-22-2006, 02:15 AM
Booing is only appropriate for lack of effort, not lack of results. I can't imagine Buehrle isn't trying, so how does booing help?

DeadMoney
07-22-2006, 02:18 AM
Base Hits/Runners.
Smart Baserunning.
Moving Runners Along.
Getting Them In.
Quality Pitches.
Quality Defense.

Doesn't matter how, but these 6 things are essential to win games. Tonight, Thursday, Wednesday - They've ALL been hit or miss from inning to inning. That simply cannot happen.

6 things, and most of the time, 4 or 5 get you a win or close game. These guys are NOT physically prohibited from getting these ALL done, at ONE time. Tommorow, they'll play again, and the next day, and the one after that. In fact, they have more then 65 more chances to try and do these things. Can they? Yes, we've seen them. Are they trying like hell to (even though we all can question that)? I believe they are. And that's all they can do.

StatHead21
07-22-2006, 02:24 AM
Brian Anderson sure earned his gold glove tonight!

I kind of wanted my money back after going to the game tonight

Nellie_Fox
07-22-2006, 02:30 AM
Brian Anderson sure earned his gold glove tonight!:tealtutor:

CaptainBallz
07-22-2006, 02:43 AM
Booing is only appropriate for lack of effort, not lack of results. I can't imagine Buehrle isn't trying, so how does booing help?

Booing helps when you know the result before it happens.

I'm not a psychic, but...Why did I say, "Here's the big inning,.." when Vazquez gave up two singles in the 6th on wednesday? Why did my buddy say, "I don't like this...Buerhle's not hitting his spots, he's gonna try to get that slow fastball over?" then *Ka-pow-ooshki"..today...?

Booing is that... Just play better...

QCIASOXFAN
07-22-2006, 02:43 AM
Base Hits/Runners.
Smart Baserunning.
Moving Runners Along.
Getting Them In.
Quality Pitches.
Quality Defense.

Doesn't matter how, but these 6 things are essential to win games. Tonight, Thursday, Wednesday - They've ALL been hit or miss from inning to inning. That simply cannot happen.

6 things, and most of the time, 4 or 5 get you a win or close game. These guys are NOT physically prohibited from getting these ALL done, at ONE time. Tommorow, they'll play again, and the next day, and the one after that. In fact, they have more then 65 more chances to try and do these things. Can they? Yes, we've seen them. Are they trying like hell to (even though we all can question that)? I believe they are. And that's all they can do.Great post man, I can't wait for the Sox to start executing these things on a regular basis again.

MrX
07-22-2006, 02:48 AM
Brian Anderson sure earned his gold glove tonight!

I kind of wanted my money back after going to the game tonight

Wow, it took that long for someone to jump on Anderson.

kitekrazy
07-22-2006, 02:57 AM
This team has yet to have a real losing streak yet like other teams where they lose 8 in a row. Maybe the Sox are due.

Nellie_Fox
07-22-2006, 02:58 AM
Booing helps when you know the result before it happens.

I'm not a psychic, but...Why did I say, "Here's the big inning,.." when Vazquez gave up two singles in the 6th on wednesday? Why did my buddy say, "I don't like this...Buerhle's not hitting his spots, he's gonna try to get that slow fastball over?" then *Ka-pow-ooshki"..today...?

Booing is that... Just play better...How does booing help if you don't believe the players are dogging it? How? It makes you feel superior?

Just because you knew what was going to happen doesn't mean that they weren't trying, and booing someone who is trying accomplishes nothing.

I'm upset with how things are going right now, but I truly don't see how booing helps.

Grzegorz
07-22-2006, 04:57 AM
Absolutely; do not instigate a beanball war. The last thing this teams needs to do is distract itself from its goal of winning a game. Win a game; pitch nine, do the little things to win, execute, play defense, just win a game to get some momentum.

Forget Detroit; forget the division just win games and take matters in your own hands.

Any way you dissect this season, there will be changes next year in the pitching staff and just not by sliding McCarthy into the rotation.

That wasn't even the beginning of it, either.

Not only booing, but some *** hole stood by the dugout screaming "CREDE! CREDE!" while giving him the finger. Thankfully Joe never looked up. People around him were like "What the **** are you doing??"

People like that are flat out embarrassing. Yes, we're all frustrated right now, but behavior like I saw at the park tonight and that has been happening here lately is pretty ridiculous.

It was terrible out there tonight, game and crowd alike.

Raggin' on Crede??? The guy plays with heart and soul...

Those people should have pointed the tool out to security and have him/her escorted from the park.
You can voice your displeasure but voice it civilly.

Lip,
I do not see what a meltdown by KW or Ozzie in front of the team accomplishes. The team leaders (Konerko, Dye, Thome) need to discuss things among the players to get issues out in the open.

Face it, the Stalin era is over; threats and over the top emotional rants do not work.

Garcia needs to pitch effectively and the White Sox have to flat out win today. A winning streak needs a starting point; what better starting point than today's game???

Epark84
07-22-2006, 05:16 AM
I dont even care anymore. Last eyar was great but it was last year. This team blows. Let teh cards have that no talent ass clown buerhle. This team will NOT make the playoffs this year and can hopefully hold off kc and cleveland for last. what a joke. losers

WSox597
07-22-2006, 07:14 AM
I'm in it for the long haul, I've been a Sox fan for too long to let a slump bother me too much.

Last year was spectacular, but even then Reinsdorf said it takes a lot of luck to win a championship.

I feel they will pull themselves out of this funk and play to their potential soon. They're too good of a team to do otherwise. They may not win it all again, but they still have a good chance.

I don't believe anyone should hit the panic button and make ill-considered trades. Some fine-tuning is in order with the starting rotation, but to get rid of them based on a slump makes no sense.

This team is actually better than last year's team. Teams have slumps all the time, and the Tigers are playing extremely well so it's difficult to make up ground waiting for them to lose. As a previous poster said, take care of business and see what happens.

As far as the wave, WTH? What's next the Macarena?! That's the one bad side effect to winning a championship, it brings out all kinds of sheep-like creatures to fill the ballpark doing their sheep-like moves.

PaulDrake
07-22-2006, 07:50 AM
A few posters around here seem to think that venting is unacceptable. A few?

voodoochile
07-22-2006, 08:01 AM

Satisfied and happy are too different things.

I'm satisfied in that I now have seen a WS championship in my lifetime.

I am not happy being 6.5 games back - especially with the talent on this team.

I'm not worried though, so I got that going for me...