PDA

View Full Version : Hermanson update

nysox35
07-21-2006, 05:31 PM
From Rotoworld.com:
"Dustin Hermanson (back) pitched a scoreless inning Thursday in his latest appearance for Triple-A Charlotte.
Hermanson has allowed five runs over 5 2/3 innings in his six rehab appearances. The White Sox won't activate him before the end of the month unless he takes a step forward."

However, that distorts things some. He gave up 4 ER in 2/3 of an inning last Saturday, so the other 5 IP, he has allowed only 1 ER.

What do you guys think? Will he be called up? Will Tracey stay, or will we make a minor deal?

bluestar
07-21-2006, 05:38 PM
I do not think he will be called up unless he can pitch in back-to-back games without pain or discomfort.

I honestly do not expect to see him back with the White Sox this year, and probably ever. I think he will ultimately have to have the surgery he needs to repair his back, and supposedly that surgery has been deemed "career threatening."

Soxfanspcu11
07-21-2006, 05:40 PM
I love Dustin, and I appreciate everything he has done for us in the past, but I think it's time to move on. I would rather we just release him.

dickallen15
07-21-2006, 06:00 PM
I think the best you could hope for with Hermanson this season is a Politte-like performance. He was great last year, even when he was hurting. He did it with a lot of smoke and mirrors. He was due to get lit up this season even if he was close to 100%, which he will not be. Forget him is the sad reality of the situation.