PDA

View Full Version : Help; info on traveling to detroit in August

southwstchi4life
07-21-2006, 02:28 PM
My brotehr dad a nd myself (former south siders)are heading to detroit later in august to represent the world champs.
I was wondering if anybody could help me. I was wondering if anybody knew of a good source to get tickets to the games. Also, does any body know where the sox stay while in detroit. and if so, is the hotel usually sold out. If any body has any other useful info please let me know
I appreciate the info

Thanks

southwstchi4life
07-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Anybody: Please

Scottiehaswheels
07-22-2006, 01:14 PM
Tickets? stubhub/razorgator or the team site I guess...
Hotel Townsend Hotel according to the media guide... I think its in Dearborn which is about 20-30 min out of Detroit... oh and watch yourself around those Tiger fans.... last time I was there I got threatened that I was gonna get a knife in my back on the way outta the ballpark.... for clapping, after we clinched the division....

miker
07-22-2006, 01:18 PM
It's Detroit...arm yourself.

Cat Thief
07-22-2006, 01:30 PM
My brotehr dad a nd myself (former south siders)are heading to detroit later in august to represent the world champs.
I was wondering if anybody could help me. I was wondering if anybody knew of a good source to get tickets to the games. Also, does any body know where the sox stay while in detroit. and if so, is the hotel usually sold out. If any body has any other useful info please let me know
I appreciate the info

Thanks

They stay at The Townsend in Birmingham. 20 min ride from the park. The wife and I had no problems in Detroit, we actually met some pretty nice Tiger fans. Maybe I wasn't looking in the right place but there didn't seem to be many tickets being sold outside of the stadium.

markopat
07-22-2006, 02:05 PM
Sorry to hear you are traveling to Detroit.

ChiSoxGirl
07-22-2006, 02:12 PM
If you want to stay at the Townsend with the team, open up your wallet because I think it's over $300/night! We looked into staying there for our trip a few days ago and as soon as we saw the price tag, decided that the Holiday Inn Express in downtown Detroit for $104/night would suffice.

I got a VERY poor impression of Tiger fans on Thursday. One guy tried to start something with robiwho, even though she didn't provoke him. BA was up to bat and upon seeing his .201 average, the guy behind her made some snide, sarcastic comment like, "oh... .201? That's good!" She turned around and said, "Yes, it is good. He was batting .160 a couple weeks ago." Without hesitation, the guy told her to take her ass back to Chicago.

In addition to that, there were like 8,000 day camp kids in the upper deck where we were and not one of them was interested in the game. They tried to start the wave, would stand up in the middle of an inning posing for pictures with the field as the background, so none of us could see, and would be leaning forward talking on their cell phones, blocking the plate for some of us. I also found it quite rude that when I'd get up to leave my seat in between innings, the people at the end of the row wouldn't budge for me- I had to literally step over them while trying not to lose my balance as they shot me a dirty look.