PDA

View Full Version : Thank you White Sox

sox230
07-21-2006, 07:53 AM
I just wanted to personally thank the White Sox for giving the radio show I work for time to just completely give me crap for the show today. And there is nothing I can do to defend myself. They get to make fun of Chicago, their fans, and best of all the Sox. They were saying the excusing we would come up with by not having the best lineup on the field, etc. All I can come back with is how Oziie was an idiot the whole series. They were making fun of the smartball concept and I couldn't do anything about it. We have not been bunting, hitting and running, and all the other things that made us win last year. Do you guys blame Ozzie more or the players, because we go from station-to-station now while I saw the Tigers try to put pressure by binting and using the hit-and-run. Thank you for letting me vent. This is a nightmare. I am glad to be heading back to Chicago this weekend.

salty99
07-21-2006, 08:02 AM
Cry me a river! Last time I checked we had the 2nd best record in the Majors tied with Boston.

tlebar318
07-21-2006, 08:02 AM
What radio show do you work for? If they are knowledgeable baseball fans they would realize that the season is 162 games long and the last 3 games are just a small sampling...What did these same people have to say after Tuesday's game that the Sox won handily? "He who laughs last laughs the loudest"--Let's see what happens between now and October....That's why they play ALL the games...

Edit-I forgot to ask how Ozzie has become an idiot just 9 months after managing us to a World Championship?
(In Sox230's opinion)

kraut83
07-21-2006, 08:49 AM
I just wanted to personally thank the White Sox for giving the radio show I work for time to just completely give me crap for the show today. And there is nothing I can do to defend myself. They get to make fun of Chicago, their fans, and best of all the Sox. They were saying the excusing we would come up with by not having the best lineup on the field, etc. All I can come back with is how Oziie was an idiot the whole series. They were making fun of the smartball concept and I couldn't do anything about it. We have not been bunting, hitting and running, and all the other things that made us win last year. Do you guys blame Ozzie more or the players, because we go from station-to-station now while I saw the Tigers try to put pressure by binting and using the hit-and-run. Thank you for letting me vent. This is a nightmare. I am glad to be heading back to Chicago this weekend.

Meh, just remember this when they crap out of the playoffs and the Sox are still playing. In the meantime, ask them what they think about Lloyd Carr. Every time I listen to a local show on your station, it's usually constant whining about him.

sox230
07-21-2006, 09:02 AM
Ya, agreed. problem is I go to U of M...double whammy for me!!!:D:

DrCrawdad
07-21-2006, 09:07 AM

Sox230, are you Dan Zampillo of WXYT (Detroit sports radio), formerly of WSCR "The Score?"

sox230
07-21-2006, 09:16 AM
Hell no, I am just a 20 year old intern at WTKA who is seriously regretting my decision of where my internship is. I have never hated Detroit more than I do now.

Hitmen77
07-21-2006, 09:21 AM

Hey, your team is WORLD SERIES CHAMPS and still on pace to win 100 games this year. Don't tell me there's nothing you can do to defend yourself from fans of a team that hasn't even finished .500 in over a decade.

I didn't realize that the Tigers have never lost 2 games in a row. I also didn't realize that the Tigers have played perfect fundamentals in every game they've played and don't have any failed bunts and haven't stranded any runners in scoring position the entire season. I also heard that, because of the last 2 games, MLB was considering revoking the Sox 6 other wins against Detroit this year because they no longer count. Sheesh, do you work with a bunch of 14 year olds or something?

Hitmen77
07-21-2006, 09:23 AM
Hell no, I am just a 20 year old intern at WTKA who is seriously regretting my decision of where my internship is. I have never hated Detroit more than I do now.

Eh, look on the bright side, even if the Tigers win it all this year, you still eventually get to go home and live in a great city/metro area like Chicago. Those clowns are stuck living in Detroit.

Paulwny
07-21-2006, 09:26 AM
Hey, your team is WORLD SERIES CHAMPS and still on pace to win 100 games this year. Don't tell me there's nothing you can do to defend yourself from fans of a team that hasn't even finished .500 in over a decade.

I didn't realize that the Tigers have never lost 2 games in a row. I also didn't realize that the Tigers have played perfect fundamentals in every game they've played and don't have any failed bunts and haven't stranded any runners in scoring position the entire season. I also heard that, because of the last 2 games, MLB was considering revoking the Sox 6 other wins against Detroit this year because they no longer count. Sheesh, do you work with a bunch of 14 year olds or something?

Agree, he should have been prepared in case this occurred.

itsnotrequired
07-21-2006, 09:28 AM
Also keep in mind that many people calling into sport radio shows are clueless.

jenn2080
07-21-2006, 09:30 AM

Oh please. We arent talking about the Cubs we are talking about the White Sox. Sure we are suckin at the moment, but that doesnt mean we arent going to rally and kick some ass. If this little slump we are in is a nightmare I would hate to see what you would think about being a Cubs fan and trying to defend that.

Hokiesox
07-21-2006, 09:55 AM

Don't regret the opportunity to start a career. Who cares where you start it?

southside rocks
07-21-2006, 10:22 AM
Oh please. We arent talking about the Cubs we are talking about the White Sox. Sure we are suckin at the moment, but that doesnt mean we arent going to rally and kick some ass. If this little slump we are in is a nightmare I would hate to see what you would think about being a Cubs fan and trying to defend that.

Yeah, I agree. It's not fun, but it's a necessary skill to learn to deal with adversity. You can't have thought that the Sox would never lose and that you would never be subjected to this? Handle it with dignity, and if the Tigers do go into a tailspin later on this year, be prepared to beat those people over the head with it for the next five years. :wink:

And I really don't like the "Ozzie was an idiot" line. It's crap. The Sox got outplayed by the Tigers in TWO GAMES; it's not the end of the world, and for the Tigers, it's not the WS, either.

Ask those folks why Monroe and Thames are so bush that they have to dance around home plate acting like it's the ALCS and the WS all rolled into one -- that's pathetic. You don't see the Sox doing that when they get a slam; and BTW, was that really the Tigers' first slam of the season? If so, that's pathetic too.

jenn2080
07-21-2006, 10:47 AM

Sure Detroit is what some think as unstoppable right now but hating them is a bit of a strong word to use. They are winning whatever way they know how and they are doing a good job of it. Sure it is frustrating that we are not gaining any ground. I mean that is a no brainer. You should not regret where you are interning it is a good opportunity and if you are going to feel like this you got a long road ahead of yourself with Chicago team.

IlliniSox4Life
07-21-2006, 12:05 PM
Detroit is about to get a taste of what we got last season in the second half. Very few teams in the history of baseball have played the way they have for the entire season, and they are certainly not good enough to do it. Just sit back, relax, and wait for it to happen.

Plus, seriously, just remind them they are from Michigan, it's the worst state in the union.

Baby Fisk
07-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Plus, seriously, just remind them they are from Michigan, it's the worst state in the union.
Hee hee! I love the trash talk between different states.

jenn2080
07-21-2006, 12:56 PM
Detroit is about to get a taste of what we got last season in the second half. Very few teams in the history of baseball have played the way they have for the entire season, and they are certainly not good enough to do it. Just sit back, relax, and wait for it to happen.

Love it... I think I dislike Wisconsin.

nevr say dye sox
07-21-2006, 01:50 PM
I agree Wisconsin sucks...I went to college there! However, I hate to say it cause a lot of Sox fans live here, but Indiana has to be the worst state in the mid west!

Paulwny
07-21-2006, 01:52 PM

This thread is headed for the Roadhouse

jenn2080
07-21-2006, 02:01 PM
I agree Wisconsin sucks...I went to college there! However, I hate to say it cause a lot of Sox fans live here, but Indiana has to be the worst state in the mid west!

i am not from indiana but the part that outlines illinois(st. john, sherriville, new dyer, etc) is no different then your oakbrook. big houses tons of subdivisions, lots of chain restaurants.

kraut83
07-21-2006, 02:03 PM

Easy there killer! :cool:

TDog
07-21-2006, 02:12 PM
I just wanted to personally thank the White Sox for giving the radio show I work for time to just completely give me crap for the show today. ....

I'm sure if the White Sox had known of the personal hardships you would endure they would have tried to win. Actually I'm not. There was teal in the tone of that.

What you have experienced cannot possibly be worse than what White Sox fans growing up in the Chicago area went through at the hands of Cubs fans in 1969 and 1970. Or the bandwagon A's fans who first appeared in 1971 and never completely go out of style. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Abuse from the sort of idiots who call sports radio to gloat is part of the price you have to pay for being a White Sox fan. Didn't you read the small print?

I'm not a White Sox fan, but not because they win the World Series every year.

oeo
07-21-2006, 02:13 PM

Uhm...if Tigers fans thought they proved something in this series, they've got another thing coming. People just keep telling me that the Tigers are for real, this team is great; so I started to believe it, because I haven't seen them since last month.

Well...I'm just not impressed, at all. They, quite frankly, just are not that good of a team, and are definately not the best team in the AL (I'd say the Sox, Red Sox, and Blue Jays are all better teams). If that team showed me anything, it's that I've been right all along...they will not make the postseason.

Any team can win a series. The Royals beat us in a series earlier this year, does that make them the better team? Definately not. The Sox were struggling then, and they're struggling now (and still should have swept, or at least taken the series from them).

I really wish people would stop the comparisons between the 2005 Sox and the 2006 Tigers, because that is a HUGE insult to, arguably, the best team in franchise history.

THE TIGERS WILL NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

IlliniSox4Life
07-21-2006, 02:16 PM

Indiana has fireworks though.

thomas35forever
07-21-2006, 02:22 PM
That's a pretty low statement if you think about it. We're all Americans. United we stand, together we fall. Sorry if this sounds a little corny.

TDog
07-21-2006, 02:28 PM
That's a pretty low statement if you think about it. We're all Americans. United we stand, together we fall. Sorry if this sounds a little corny.

Unless you have a 49-star flag because you refuse to recognize Missouri.

(The above was not an attack on the state of Missouri. I have lived in six states, and Missouri is not among the. Although I will share my views on these states on a personal level, I don't want to get into this border-war garbage.)

GoSox2K3
07-21-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Baby Fisk

Yes, Baby Fisk, we're ALL Americans - Canada is just another state to us, so get over it already.

STRETCH!!!
07-21-2006, 02:31 PM
My response would be:

Remember, he who laughs last laughs best.

Na, Na, Na, Na ... Hey, Hey , Hey , Hey

GoSox2K3
07-21-2006, 02:35 PM
Unless you have a 49-star flag because you refuse to recognize Missouri.

(The above was not an attack on the state of Missouri. I have lived in six states, and Missouri is not among the. Although I will share my views on these states on a personal level, I don't want to get into this border-war garbage.)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/63/C-abe.png/222px-C-abe.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:C-abe.png)
"I'll be in the cold ground before I recognize Missourah"

gjdodger
07-21-2006, 02:53 PM

Do they actually let you do anything? I interned at WJR, and my "job" was to pull copy and actualities. I finally complained and they let me accompany some beat reporters; I got to see a drug bust, a drug deal, and the reporter pay off a cop for info :) .

Baby Fisk
07-21-2006, 03:25 PM
That's a pretty low statement if you think about it. We're all Americans. United we stand, together we fall. Sorry if this sounds a little corny.:?:

I wasn't trying to be "low". The most heated exchanges on these boards often involve athletic contests between cities or colleges in different states, and the trash talk flies. Check out any of the NCAA threads to see some really low blows. Sorry if anyone took offense to my comment.

miker
07-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Wow, a radio intern AND you're in Detroit? Life isn't fair!

Well, at least you're still a Sox fan and Windsor is just over the border...:D: