PDA

View Full Version : Road Trips


steveo
02-16-2002, 03:12 PM
First time poster. Sorry if this has been covered before, but does anyone have information on groups making road trips? Not sure if the team sponsors these anymore, or if any fan clubs, travel agencies, etc. run them.

I'm especially interested in going to Atlanta in June for that 3-game series. Any info would be appreciated!

FarWestChicago
02-16-2002, 03:21 PM
I have no information living in California and all. But, Welcome to WSI, steveo! :gulp:

voodoochile
02-16-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by steveo
First time poster. Sorry if this has been covered before, but does anyone have information on groups making road trips? Not sure if the team sponsors these anymore, or if any fan clubs, travel agencies, etc. run them.

I'm especially interested in going to Atlanta in June for that 3-game series. Any info would be appreciated!

Contact the Sox through their website (www.mlb.com and work your way through). I bet they at least know someone who is doing something, if they don't have a certain allotment of tickets to sell themselves...

HootieMcBoob
02-16-2002, 03:35 PM
Hi steveo...

I'm not sure exactly what kind of road trip you are looking for, but 2 summers ago, me, my dad, and 2 friends went on a road trip thru Jay Buckley Baseball Tours. We saw 9 stadiums and Cooperstown in 10 days - it was incredible - only for the TRUE baseball nut. JBBT has over 20 trips, some shorter, some longer.

Check out www.jaybuckley.com for trip info.

I HIGHLY recommend this trip - it was one of the best times of my life...write back if u have any questions...

my trip:
Comiskey
Detroit
Toronto
Cooperstown HOF
Boston
NY Yankees
Baltimore
Cleveland
Cincinnatti
The Urinal

You are in a 50 passenger bus and you stay at Red Roof Inn type motels. They also let you sight see and explore on your own a lot. For example - we stopped at Niagra Falls and walked around Times Square. It's a lot of driving but it is a fun time.

voodoochile
02-16-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by HootieMcBoob
Hi steveo...

I'm not sure exactly what kind of road trip you are looking for, but 2 summers ago, me, my dad, and 2 friends went on a road trip thru Jay Buckley Baseball Tours. We saw 9 stadiums and Cooperstown in 10 days - it was incredible - only for the TRUE baseball nut. JBBT has over 20 trips, some shorter, some longer.

Check out www.jaybuckley.com for trip info.

I HIGHLY recommend this trip - it was one of the best times of my life...write back if u have any questions...

my trip:
Comiskey
Detroit
Toronto
Cooperstown HOF
Boston
NY Yankees
Baltimore
Cleveland
Cincinnatti
The Urinal

You are in a 50 passenger bus and you stay at Red Roof Inn type motels. They also let you sight see and explore on your own a lot. For example - we stopped at Niagra Falls and walked around Times Square. It's a lot of driving but it is a fun time.

Couple of questions...

How much does that kind of package run (roughly)?
How much time is spent driving each day?
How much time do you get in each city for sight seeing?
How many games do you see at each stadium?
What kind of seats do they get?
Can you pick your own stadiums, or do they have preset tours?
How long did the whole trip take?

HootieMcBoob
02-16-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile


Couple of questions...

How much does that kind of package run (roughly)?
How much time is spent driving each day?
How much time do you get in each city for sight seeing?
How many games do you see at each stadium?
What kind of seats do they get?
Can you pick your own stadiums, or do they have preset tours?
How long did the whole trip take?

-The cost depends on which trip, and how many people per room (you save money on the cost per person if there's 4 to a room, rather than having a private room.)

-Depends what city you are driving to, obviously. But they encourage you to go to bed early b/c they try to leave at 6-7 in the morning. It's better this way as you can sleep on the comfortable bus if you want. It's also cool to arrive places early so you have plenty of time to see the area around the park, etc. In Baltimore, we stopped at Babe Ruth's House and the ESPN Zone there. You just need to be on time and things run smoothly.

-You get to sightsee as much as possible. But you are still on a schedule and you have to follow it. But they are usually flexible...

-We saw 9 games in ten days. So after each game you usually got on the bus and went to a nearby motel. Then we'd leave early the next moring.

-They get the best seats available. In Comiskey we got bleachers, detroit- lower deck behind 1st base, toronto same as detroit, boston- behind fistbase but under the upperdeck, NY- RF corner , baltimore-bleachers, cleveland- upper deck 3rd base side, cincinatti-left center, urinal-behind 3rd base

-They have preset tours. The 2002 schedule is out - see what kind of trips they have at their website.

There are a lot of things included I didnt even mention - They tell you history and information on each park you see, and u can watch baseball movies on the bus rides.

hope this helps - But seriously, if you have time this summer, try a trip w/ some of your friends - you will love it.

irish rover
02-17-2002, 02:11 AM
www.roadtrips.com does a nice job too, though it is on the high end