PDA

View Full Version : How great is this strecth run gonna be..

Law11
07-20-2006, 05:25 PM
When we take the Central!
Oh whatta story it will make....

Gotta go.. kool-aid is nice and cold...

:churrosarmy:

southside rocks
07-20-2006, 05:26 PM

Make mine a double. :tongue:

CHISOXFAN13
07-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Look what happened last year when this team got into a race. They were battles tested, and the rest is history.

If they start playing good ball like we all know they are capable of, it will be a very fun stretch.

Chips
07-20-2006, 05:30 PM
When we take the Central!
Oh whatta story it will make....

So much for this:

I'm banning myself from here until the weekend. Ok so its a day but you get the point...If you have nothing good to say keep the yapper shut.

Thats what Im doing.

And yes, we will take the Central.

Baby Fisk
07-20-2006, 05:51 PM
This stretch run will get even greater when the Tigers finally cool off. That's supposed to happen, right? Right????

PS: Dammit, Chips you made me look at all those links to make sure I wasn't on the crap list!

Chips
07-20-2006, 05:58 PM
This stretch run will get even greater when the Tigers finally cool off. That's supposed to happen, right? Right????

PS: Dammit, Chips you made me look at all those links to make sure I wasn't on the crap list!

They better cool off. I hope they cool off.

And look again.:wink:

Baby Fisk
07-20-2006, 06:02 PM
And look again.:wink:
Meh, I was a year early on that one. :redface:

Fenway
07-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Hate to bring this up but start rooting hard for the Blue Jays the next few days as the Yankees are now only 2 behind in the wild card and the Twins are (gulp) only 4 back ( if they ever start winning on the road watch out )

I still think the Tigers are coming back to earth but I'm beginning to wonder. The Twins really scare me right now they have made up a lot of ground.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20060720&type=wild&br=5&year=2006&column=gamesBehind&order=false&st=2

Lip Man 1
07-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Law:

It's only good if you make the postseason. I went through 1964 and 1967 for example and the 'fond' memories of those are few and far between.

Lip

MarySwiss
07-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Hate to bring this up but start rooting hard for the Blue Jays the next few days as the Yankees are now only 2 behind in the wild card and the Twins are (gulp) only 4 back ( if they ever start winning on the road watch out )

I still think the Tigers are coming back to earth but I'm beginning to wonder. The Twins really scare me right now they have made up a lot of ground.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20060720&type=wild&br=5&year=2006&column=gamesBehind&order=false&st=2

Don't care, Fenway. My Sox are repeating. I never doubted it last year, and I don't doubt it this year.

Fenway
07-20-2006, 06:09 PM
Don't care, Fenway. My Sox are repeating. I never doubted it last year, and I don't doubt it this year.

I still think the White Sox are winning the division, but where the WC is coming from is wide open now

cbotnyse
07-20-2006, 06:11 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?date=20060720&type=wild&br=5&year=2006&column=gamesBehind&order=false&st=2 I hate you for bringing it up:wink: ...but you are right...the division and wild card races are getting way too close for comfort, but we were royally spoiled last year. I still have strong faith in putting together a nice win streak, and just pray the other teams go in the other direction.

SoxEd
07-20-2006, 06:16 PM
If the Sox remember how to play consistently good baseball again, then yes, the rest of this season will be an enjoyable spectacle.

If, however, they continue to stutter between excellence and Corpseball, then I, for one, will be seeking a reliable supply of Other People's Fingernails to chew, as mine will be worn down to the knuckle.
:rolleyes:

buehrle4cy05
07-20-2006, 06:35 PM
If the Sox remember how to play consistently good baseball again, then yes, the rest of this season will be an enjoyable spectacle.

If, however, they continue to stutter between excellence and Corpseball, then I, for one, will be seeking a reliable supply of Other People's Fingernails to chew, as mine will be worn down to the knuckle.

Down to the knuckle? You're going to chew not only your fingernails off, but your fingers too? Don't do it, SoxEd!!!!!!!!!!!!

Law11
07-20-2006, 07:06 PM
Yes chips but this was something good to say.

Fenway
07-20-2006, 07:34 PM
I hate you for bringing it up:wink: ...but you are right...the division and wild card races are getting way too close for comfort, but we were royally spoiled last year. I still have strong faith in putting together a nice win streak, and just pray the other teams go in the other direction.

It is beginning to look like a very good team is going to be left behind after 162 games and right now only Detroit has some breathing room. We all hope it is the Yankees who fall short ( and some here will say Boston ) but the reality is we have one heck of a horse race shaping up for the playoff slots in all 3 divisions plus the wild card.

almighty
07-20-2006, 09:13 PM
believe it !

QCIASOXFAN
07-20-2006, 10:30 PM
believe it !Thanks for letting us know this Mr.Tigerfan. Great post!

cheeses_h_rice
07-21-2006, 01:01 AM
believe it !

Any mods want to look at Almighty's posting history and try to figure out why his ass hasn't been banned yet?

Twins Win
07-21-2006, 01:08 AM
I wish the Twins would be able to push back the rotation for one day. I'd like to see Liriano, Radke and Santana play the Sox. Either way it should be a fun series starting on Monday.

Blackheart
07-21-2006, 03:01 AM
I wish the Twins would be able to push back the rotation for one day. I'd like to see Liriano, Radke and Santana play the Sox. Either way it should be a fun series starting on Monday.

I never thought I'd be saying this , but it's nice to see a Twins fan around here for a change!:D:

gjdodger
07-21-2006, 02:35 PM
believe it !

Well, I finally do. I'm a Detroit native and a long time Tiger fan who was there when Reggie hit the All Star home run. They're real because they really can hit. Look at their road offensive statistics; their pitching is good, but those numbers are deflated by Comerica.

Y'all (I live in Arkansas now) got a great team and may win it all yet this year. But the Tigers are not going to "come to earth." They have an outstanding manager, a solid pitching staff, and home run power up and down the order. You'll simply have to win more games than they do.

Fenway
07-21-2006, 02:53 PM
As a long time baseball fan it is good to see big crowds at Tigers games again. Detroit used to be a great baseball city but 20 years of bad baseball eroded the fanbase. After the season they went thru 3 years ago it is good to see them on the upswing, but nobody expected this. Can they hold on? If they still have a decent lead by Labor Day then they just might.

Right now the White Sox have to put the Twins in their place. It is hard to believe but Chicago is closer to the Twins than the Tigers :o:. I gotta admit I didn't see them coming but as of today the Boston Globe included them in the WC standings.

07-21-2006, 03:52 PM
How great is this strecth run gonna be.. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1250993#post1250993).......

Starting tonight.

We got Mark Buehrle who over his career has done well against Texas but not at all this year.

Momentum will shift starting tonight. Lets build on it and roll into the Minnesota series.

The forecast is a sunny evening, no dark clouds.

Tiger23
07-21-2006, 04:01 PM
I don't think the White Sox winning the division would be a good story at all. That said it should be a fun race to watch either way.

CaptainBallz
07-21-2006, 04:05 PM
I don't think the White Sox winning the division would be a good story at all. That said it should be a fun race to watch either way.

Yeah, no good story in building a dynasty.:rolleyes:

Detroit winning would just be a crappy rerun of the 2005 Sox. Been there, done that...Kiss the ring.

miker
07-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Yeah, no good story in building a dynasty.:rolleyes:

Detroit winning would just be a crappier rerun of the 2005 Sox. Been there, done that...Kiss the ring.
Hey, with GM going down the crapper and the city practically being a stronghold for militant Islamic fundamentalists, Detroit really needs some good news for a change.

CaptainBallz
07-21-2006, 04:12 PM
Hey, with GM going down the crapper and the city practically being a stronghold for militant Islamic fundamentalists, Detroit really needs some good news for a change.

Hope a Wild Card berth suffices....

cheeses_h_rice
07-21-2006, 04:42 PM
Since when did WSI turn into an All-AL-Central-Teams-Except-The-Sox brag board? Don't you guys have your own lousy boards to infest?

miker
07-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Since when did WSI turn into an All-AL-Central-Teams-Except-The-Sox brag board? Don't you guys have your own lousy boards to infest?

The sharks smell blood...but they won't catch us!

Baby Fisk
07-21-2006, 04:46 PM

These Tiger fans are like a bunch of college boys who just had their cherry popped and can't stop telling the world about it. It took them long enough...:rolleyes:

QCIASOXFAN
07-21-2006, 04:51 PM
But the Tigers are not going to "come to earth." They have an outstanding manager, a solid pitching staff, and home run power up and down the order. You'll simply have to win more games than they do.How do you know that they are not going to "come to earth", do you have a secret Tigers crystal ball or something??

cheeses_h_rice
07-21-2006, 04:52 PM
These Tiger fans are like a bunch of college boys who just had their cherry popped and can't stop telling the world about it. It took them long enough...:rolleyes:

Except all they did was touch a bra over the shirt...it's still July, isn't it?

Baby Fisk
07-21-2006, 04:56 PM
Except all they did was touch a bra over the shirt...it's still July, isn't it?

http://www.drinkatwork.com/Nerds.jpg
"Hey Sox fans! We got some hard core boobie action last night. Did you? Didn't think so."

bigsqwert
07-21-2006, 04:58 PM
How do you know that they are not going to "come to earth", do you have a secret Tigers crystal ball or something??Well nobody knows whether they will come down to earth or not. We're all just guessing.

cheeses_h_rice
07-21-2006, 05:07 PM
http://www.drinkatwork.com/Nerds.jpg
"Hey Sox fans! We got some hard core boobie action last night. Did you? Didn't think so."

http://www.star.niu.edu/images_daily/120105.1/1201w-booger-courtesy.jpg

"****ing rookies."

MarySwiss
07-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Since when did WSI turn into an All-AL-Central-Teams-Except-The-Sox brag board? Don't you guys have your own lousy boards to infest?:rolleyes:

Look at it this way, Cheeses. Our site is great; their sites--not so much (to put it diplomatically). Also, just think how depressed they're going to be come October.
Sucks to be them, really. :cool:

ma-gaga
07-22-2006, 08:54 AM
... but as of today the Boston Globe included them in the WC standings.

Well, if the Boston Globe included them, it must be true. :tongue: Sheesh.

I laughed last weekend when ESPN showed the Wild Card standings and only included Chicago, NY, and Toronto. The Twins were a half game behind the Blue Jays...

Completely out of it.

But like the word is here, "under the radar".

Jurr
07-22-2006, 11:00 AM
Well, I finally do. I'm a Detroit native and a long time Tiger fan who was there when Reggie hit the All Star home run. They're real because they really can hit. Look at their road offensive statistics; their pitching is good, but those numbers are deflated by Comerica.

Y'all (I live in Arkansas now) got a great team and may win it all yet this year. But the Tigers are not going to "come to earth." They have an outstanding manager, a solid pitching staff, and home run power up and down the order. You'll simply have to win more games than they do.
Yeah...I've heard that one before. Then Cleveland made us shut up for a while. There's a long way to go, kiddo, and if you don't realize that, you're in for one helluva rude awakening.

Be ye warned.