PDA

View Full Version : Help Jerry Decide


voodoochile
02-16-2002, 03:06 PM
Okay... It's Time...

Time to put your money where your mouth is...

Take the poll...

danman31
02-16-2002, 03:20 PM
I voted Crede at 3B and the rest doesn't matter, but I do think it can be our year. It's just not our year to contend for a WS. I hope we will be in the running by the deadline and we will make a trade for a real SS.

Daver
02-16-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by danman31
I voted Crede at 3B and the rest doesn't matter, but I do think it can be our year. It's just not our year to contend for a WS. I hope we will be in the running by the deadline and we will make a trade for a real SS.

The Sox have a real SS,with a range factor that is among the best in the league.

voodoochile
02-16-2002, 04:00 PM
Just floating it back to the top of the list so everyone gets a chance to vote...

Daver
02-16-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Just floating it back to the top of the list so everyone gets a chance to vote...

Why not ask FWC to sticky it?

FarWestChicago
02-16-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by daver


Why not ask FWC to sticky it? Good question. :smile:

bjmarte
02-16-2002, 04:08 PM
Do I even need to tell you how I voted?

voodoochile
02-16-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Good question. :smile:

I didn't want to be a bother...

My first stuck post... Sniff... I'm just so happy... You like me, you really really like me... well maybe not CLR... :D:

SOXSINCE'70
02-16-2002, 07:00 PM
:crede


Memo to Lenny Billiams:
PLAY ME ALREADY,YOU %&$# MORON!!

RedPinStripes
02-16-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by daver


The Sox have a real SS,with a range factor that is among the best in the league.

He might have range, but he's no real SS. I'll take him over Royce though.

:crede
"damn right"

Soxheads
02-16-2002, 11:16 PM
No surprise so far in the results.....

Kilroy
02-17-2002, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads
No surprise so far in the results.....

Which begs the question: "What's the point???"

PaleHoseGeorge
02-17-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Which begs the question: "What's the point???"

Actually, I'm a bit surprised at the results. Roughly two-thirds are saying they want Valentin at SS, while one-third want Clayton at SS. That's a respectable showing for The Choice, IMO.

The results may be a bit skewed since two choices have Clayton at SS, but only one have Valentin, a nice advantage in the polling given Clayton can ONLY play shortstop. Still, the choices are realistic and cover all the most conventional options available to the Sox.

There is no point to much of anything discussed here, except for maybe having some fun.

:jerry
"I'm taking notes on all of this!"

:KW
"Hmm... Mmm!"

:reinsy
"Just don't spend any money, neither of you!"

voodoochile
02-17-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge


Actually, I'm a bit surprised at the results. Roughly two-thirds are saying they want Valentin at SS, while one-third want Clayton at SS. That's a respectable showing for The Choice, IMO.

The results may be a bit skewed since two choices have Clayton at SS, but only one have Valentin, a nice advantage in the polling given Clayton can ONLY play shortstop. Still, the choices are realistic and cover all the most conventional options available to the Sox.

I am a bit surprised at the results - I was under the impression that Royce supporters were more common. I thought this would go about 50/50. I messed up the 4th selection which should have read - "Sox Need a new SS NOW!" - as I doubt anyone really WANTS to dump Crede just yet (give them a year:D: ).

Still the poll may not be a representative sampling of Sox fans (I was hoping for closer to 100 votes given the number of fans on the site), but I believe it is protected against double voting, which means 2/3 of the fans on this site favor Valentin at SS and Crede at 3B. You can even turn PHG's ideas around and say that 27/34 people WANT Crede to start the year at 3B. Now, given that scenario and the current choices, then 22/27 people WANT Jose at SS.

Kilroy
02-17-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
There is no point to much of anything discussed here, except for maybe having some fun.

Agreed. But this is like the 12 bazillionth time the Clayton/Valentin thing has been raised. It's no secret that Valentin is preferred. So I don't really think we're breaking any new ground here altho Voodoo said that he thought it would break more like 50/50. I would have never bet on that, more like 80/20 in Jose's favor...

RichH55
02-18-2002, 03:24 AM
Where is the Daver "Twang......Thump" No More Clayton option? I bet we could get Royce alot more votes that way

Daver
02-18-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
Where is the Daver "Twang......Thump" No More Clayton option? I bet we could get Royce alot more votes that way

I have already gotten chased away from the players parking lot twice for throwing rocks and garbage at him,and that didn't work,he is still here.

ode to veeck
02-19-2002, 08:32 AM
some sanity (slowly) returning in the polls ...

jose to buddy lee ratio increased form about 2:1 to close to 3:1 since earlier in the weekend--more notable is the raw count on recent returns--looks like the choice only got a couple or so votes while manos picked up a dozen or so over the weekend--probably coming in from the "working class" neighborhoods ;-o

I like the twang thump option too

PaleHoseGeorge
02-19-2002, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
some sanity (slowly) returning in the polls ...

jose to buddy lee ratio increased form about 2:1 to close to 3:1 since earlier in the weekend--more notable is the raw count on recent returns--looks like the choice only got a couple or so votes while manos picked up a dozen or so over the weekend--probably coming in from the "working class" neighborhoods ;-o

I like the twang thump option too

The polling data also mirrors the results found in the Manos vs. Choice arm-wrestling showdown at the WSI booth at SoxFest.

Verrrrry interesting, indeed!

:gulp:

harwar
02-19-2002, 11:26 AM
Since my poll button doesn't appear to work(says my session is invalid),i'll vote the old fasion way.I want Jose at short and crede at 3rd- - PERIOD!!

foulkesfan11
02-19-2002, 08:25 PM
We did awesome with Jose at SS in 2000. We should put him back there! Crede should be up this year. He's more than ready!

:kelly