PDA

View Full Version : Screwed up schedule

OfficerKarkovice
02-16-2002, 12:03 PM
From ESPN:

-- The White Sox will play more games in Philadelphia (three) than the Cubs (two).

-- The Diamondbacks visit Yankee Stadium seven weeks before they make their first visit to Shea Stadium.

-- The Marlins play 23 straight games in the state of Florida before the All-Star break (20 at home, 3 at Tampa Bay).

-- The Brewers have a conveniently located Pittsburgh-Oakland trip in June, with no off days.

-- The Orioles have three west-coast trips in six weeks between May 21 and July 4 (to Oakland-Seattle, to Arizona-San Francisco, to Anaheim).

-- The Tigers open in Tampa Bay and never go back. The White Sox open at Seattle and never go back. And not only do the Rockies open at St. Louis but never go back, they don't even play each other again in Denver until Sept. 17.

-- The Tigers make their first trip of the year to Toronto (231 miles up the road) for the final three games of the season.

-- The Blue Jays make a zig-zaggy Montreal-Los Angeles-Arizona-Tampa Bay trip.

-- And mark your calendar for the final three games in history at Montreal -- Reds at Expos, Sept. 27-29.

Spiff
02-16-2002, 12:24 PM
Haha that is good stuff, especially the Marlins thing and the Blue Jays road triop.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-16-2002, 12:31 PM
It's pretty obvious MLB is using some sort of computer scheduling program to come up with this nonsense. Obviously not a very good scheduling program, either.

:tool
"Hey, we're losing our ****es over here, you want us to buy software that works, too?"

Tragg
02-16-2002, 01:35 PM
Welcome to the world of bud selig.

FarWestChicago
02-16-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
It's pretty obvious MLB is using some sort of computer scheduling program to come up with this nonsense. Obviously not a very good scheduling program, either.

I think it's pretty damn good for a freeware program! We downloaded a 30 day demo of a shareware program, but we ran out of time and we weren't about to pay the $10 to register.

voodoochile
02-16-2002, 01:44 PM
If you want interleague play AND an unbalanced schedule, that is the way it goes. Really out of 2400+ scheduled games a year, that is not a bad amount of strange happenings. I am sure there are more, but to do what they are doing - allowing all teams to play each other at least once every 3 years while accomodating an unbalanced schedule to ferment rivalries and make more games count more - means more goofy road trips and the loss of some games in what were previously bigger rivalries (Sox/NY comes to mind). I like the new schedule and think it isn't that bad when you take all the factors into consideration, IMO.

Just wish the Sox didn't open with a 9 game road trip, but I guess someone has to and it was just our turn...

voodoochile
02-16-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

I think it's pretty damn good for a freeware program! We downloaded a 30 day demo of a shareware program, but we ran out of time and we weren't about to pay the $10 to register.

:iron
Come on bonehead, just uninstall it and reinstall it, or set the date on your computer back - sheesh... Do I have to think of everything myself?!?!!!?

PaleHoseGeorge
02-16-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
:iron
Come on bonehead, just uninstall it and reinstall it, or set the date on your computer back - sheesh... Do I have to think of everything myself?!?!!!?

LOL! The guy who selected the scheduling software is probably the same Luddite that created the MLB Real Audio internet radio subscription service.

"You mean it doesn't work?"

voodoochile
02-16-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

LOL! The guy who selected the scheduling software is probably the same Luddite that created the MLB Real Audio internet radio subscription service.

"You mean it doesn't work?"

So what do people think about the schedule this year? This is the first year that the Sox will play NL teams that are NOT in the NLC, correct?

Who do we play, the East or West?

Jjav829
02-16-2002, 01:58 PM

So what do people think about the schedule this year? This is the first year that the Sox will play NL teams that are NOT in the NLC, correct?

Who do we play, the East or West?

We play the East. It should be interesting.

duke of dorwood
02-16-2002, 02:12 PM

What do you guys know? We scheduled oil changes this same way and never had any trouble.

voodoochile
02-16-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829

We play the East. It should be interesting.

Mets, Braves and Marlins - should be some good games...

KempersRS
02-16-2002, 02:20 PM
Well, I like the first point, the Sox will be heading to Philly 3 times! Can't wait for those.

Jerry_Manuel
02-16-2002, 02:25 PM
Mets, Braves and Marlins - should be some good games...

No Marlins, we get the Expos.

voodoochile
02-16-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

No Marlins, we get the Expos.

So we are not playing ALL the teams in the East, or did I miss a realignment somewhere?

Jerry_Manuel
02-16-2002, 02:32 PM
So we are not playing ALL the teams in the East, or did I miss a realignment somewhere?

All the interleague games are in June.

Expos: June 7th - June 9th
Mets: June 10th - June 11th
Cubs: June 14th - June 16th
Philly: June 18th - June 20th
Braves: June 21 - June 23
Cubs at Comiskey: June 28 - June 30

I'm guessing we would play the Marlins, if we only played one series with the Cubs.

voodoochile
02-16-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

All the interleague games are in June.

Expos: June 7th - June 9th
Mets: June 10th - June 11th
Cubs: June 14th - June 16th
Philly: June 18th - June 20th
Braves: June 21 - June 23
Cubs at Comiskey: June 28 - June 30

I'm guessing we would play the Marlins, if we only played one series with the Cubs.

That's what it is, thanks for filling in the blanks...

Soxheads
02-16-2002, 07:06 PM
I like the part where we go to Seatlle once and never go back.