PDA

View Full Version : Hey Sox Fans!

HawkDJ
02-16-2002, 12:46 PM
This would be my first post so I thought I would introduce myself. I have been lurking on this site for a couple of weeks and saw your booth at SoxFest and finally decided to post. I live in Buffalo Grove. Incase you didn't know it is CUB COUNTRY so it is pretty tough dealing with those idiotic Cub fans.

I don't have a real favorite Sox. I like them all pretty much. If I had to chose one it would be Josh Paul I guess because he went to BGHS!

These boards seem very mature so I'm happy to be here and look forward to posting and maybe even one day become part of that almost family atmosphere you seem to have here.

Zach

OfficerKarkovice
02-16-2002, 01:06 PM
Welcome to the board HawkDJ2k2...and a Josh Paul fan should fit right in amongst a large fan base of Josh Paul supporters...wait...ummmm....well best of luck to you. :smile: Anyway, glad to have you aboard.

Spiff
02-16-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
This would be my first post so I thought I would introduce myself. I have been lurking on this site for a couple of weeks and saw your booth at SoxFest and finally decided to post. I live in Buffalo Grove. Incase you didn't know it is CUB COUNTRY so it is pretty tough dealing with those idiotic Cub fans.

I don't have a real favorite Sox. I like them all pretty much. If I had to chose one it would be Josh Paul I guess because he went to BGHS!

These boards seem very mature so I'm happy to be here and look forward to posting and maybe even one day become part of that almost family atmosphere you seem to have here.

Zach

Welcome to WSI :cool:

Good decision on finally posting! Josh Paul is somewhat unpopular around these parts but sometimes it seems like only a precious few aren't. Maybe Paul will show us something this year and everyone will have to eat crow. :smile:

Family atmosphere is good as long as it doesn't make you feel like you can't jump right in. Because you can. And you should. :gulp:

PaleHoseGeorge
02-16-2002, 01:41 PM
Welcome to WSI, Hawk. We're glad you're posting. We need all the Sox Fans we can get in Buffalo Grove. Keep up the good work!

I moved your thread to the main forum. The Parking Lot is for off-topic discussions. Here's the place to talk Sox baseball. Jump in on any subject you like.

Go Sox!

SOXSINCE'70
02-16-2002, 01:54 PM

Zach

Welcome to the board.I live in Deerfield,not too far from BG.Time for the Sox fans to be heard.As Dan the"get up guy" would say,
GET UUUUUUUUUUPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!

"That's life,Robin.Full of ups and downs.It ill befits any
of us to grow too confident".
Adam West as "Batman"-1966

HawkDJ
02-16-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
Welcome to the board HawkDJ2k2...and a Josh Paul fan should fit right in amongst a large fan base of Josh Paul supporters...wait...ummmm....well best of luck to you. :smile: Anyway, glad to have you aboard.

I can't say he is my favorite player based on how he plays. In that sence I like Aaron Rowand. I think he gives it his all (crashed into fences for one) and has a good attitude with Lofton and all. I like Josh Paul because he is the only baseball player I know who went to the high school 2 minutes away from me, although I did not go there. I know he is not the greatest but I wish him the best.

Based on some threads I have seen here I think I have some differing opinions on some things then you guys do. For instance I love Hawk and DJ and like Royce Clayton. Hopefully that won't cause toomuch trouble :smile: Like I said before I pretty much like everyone on the Sox. The only people I don't like I would say are Osuna and Liefer.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Jjav829
02-16-2002, 02:20 PM
Welcome to WSI Hawk. :gulp:

Josh Paul doesn't have a big following but hey, you could help to sway some peoples thinking. And at the end of last year he did start to look like he might finally be ready to produce in the big leagues but I guess we'll see this year if he makes it. He should have a good shot at making the big league roster as the second catcher because it appears that hes a KW fav whereas MJ is not.

Enjoy the site!

Daver
02-16-2002, 03:05 PM

I can't say he is my favorite player based on how he plays. In that sence I like Aaron Rowand. I think he gives it his all (crashed into fences for one) and has a good attitude with Lofton and all. I like Josh Paul because he is the only baseball player I know who went to the high school 2 minutes away from me, although I did not go there. I know he is not the greatest but I wish him the best.

Based on some threads I have seen here I think I have some differing opinions on some things then you guys do. For instance I love Hawk and DJ and like Royce Clayton. Hopefully that won't cause toomuch trouble :smile: Like I said before I pretty much like everyone on the Sox. The only people I don't like I would say are Osuna and Liefer.

Hey welcome aboard,as one of the few Josh Paul supporters here,I thought I should say welcome.

voodoochile
02-16-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by daver

Hey welcome aboard,as one of the few Josh Paul supporters here,I thought I should say welcome.

Say it ain't so, Daver...

:versatile
"I can do it all"

BTW, Welcome to the board, HDJ2K2...

duke of dorwood
02-16-2002, 03:14 PM
:hitless

Hey, I'm available for adoption

Daver
02-16-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

Hey, I'm available for adoption

How are your kennel cleaning skills?

voodoochile
02-16-2002, 03:18 PM

How are your kennel cleaning skills?

"I guarantee the center cage will be spotless, no worries, you will be able to eat off the floor, but the ones to either side will be untouched... Hey, it's kept me in my current job for a long time, should be good enough for you too..."

bjmarte
02-16-2002, 03:41 PM

Welcome to the board! Don't let the family atmosphere thing get to you, the best thing to do is jump right in. I'm glad to see someone with some different opinions join in, I LOVE a good argument. Don't take it personally if I pick an argument with you, it is just in my nature.

:)

LongDistanceFan
02-16-2002, 03:50 PM
welcome aboard, here you will find many people who are fans of different players, which keeps this board jumping............ have no fear and enjoy.

Pete_SSAC
02-16-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
welcome aboard, here you will find many people who are fans of different players, which keeps this board jumping............ have no fear and enjoy.

:buddylee

"I'm afraid"

- Pete

RedPinStripes
02-16-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by bjmarte

Welcome to the board! Don't let the family atmosphere thing get to you, the best thing to do is jump right in. I'm glad to see someone with some different opinions join in, I LOVE a good argument. Don't take it personally if I pick an argument with you, it is just in my nature.

Josh? Clayton? I think there will be plenty to argue abut here on those subjects. :D:

Welcome aboard!

sox_fan_forever
02-17-2002, 01:56 AM
I'm a little late with this but...Welcome to WSI! I am sure you will enjoy it here. I know I do! :D:

WinningUgly!
02-17-2002, 02:09 AM

Welcome to our big 'ol dysfunctional family! :D:

Daver
02-17-2002, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Welcome to our big 'ol dysfunctional family! :D:

I think that is an understatement.

But then again what the hell do I know? ©

voodoochile
02-17-2002, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Welcome to our big 'ol dysfunctional family!

I think that is an understatement.

But then again what the hell do I know? ©

Actually, it sounds more like the Boards motto...

WinningUgly!
02-17-2002, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Actually, it sounds more like the Boards motto...

This place gets to be like a bad Jerry Springer show sometimes! :)
(Yeah, I know every Springer show is bad :D: )

CLR01
02-17-2002, 04:30 AM
Welcome to the boards Hawk.

The family thing is just an aberration, wait until the season starts and the yankee fan (BMR31) gets this place going, or the clayton/jose threads, or the fire JM thread, etc. We are all still sad about the trading of singleton, give us time to heal.

For instance I love Hawk and DJ and like Royce Clayton.

"Yeah CLR, I bet he was a big fan of mine."

:slowswing

RedPinStripes
02-17-2002, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by CLR01
Welcome to the boards Hawk.

The family thing is just an aberration, wait until the season starts and the yankee fan (BMR31) gets this place going, or the clayton/jose threads, or the fire JM thread, etc. We are all still sad about the trading of singleton, give us time to heal.
"Yeah CLR, I bet he was a big fan of mine."

:rowand
"I told you your ass was getting traded. I'm the future"

yeah, yeah, yeah.....what......ever!!!!!!!!!

CLR01
02-17-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

"I told you your ass was getting traded. I'm the future"

yeah, yeah, yeah.....what......ever!!!!!!!!!

"The future what??? 4th OFer....that job is all yours."
:Slowswing

awesomefan
02-17-2002, 02:45 PM
HawkDJk2k: Thanks for stopping by & welcome. I'm kinda new here too.

Mark Johnson is my favorite White Sox catcher, but I know Josh Paul is very nice too. Hopefully Sandy Alomar's knee's are in good shape this year because he should have a lot of power as big as he is.

Tony Graffanino is my favorite utility player of all time. I love to root for the guys that don't get no respect.

Soxheads
02-17-2002, 03:00 PM
Welcome to WSI. I am the resident minor (well me and danman, and guillenforlife). Have fun posting.

NOTE: This is my 1000th post!!

Jerry_Manuel
02-17-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads
Welcome to WSI. I am the resident minor (well me and danman, and guillenforlife). Have fun posting.

Resident minor, for some reason that's funny to me.

RedPinStripes
02-17-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by CLR01

"The future what??? 4th OFer....that job is all yours."
:Slowswing

"Hey Chris....Just be glad I don't have to take your job again. You're stuck in Baltamore. hhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!"

"I like last place as long as I play"