PDA

View Full Version : Corky Sosa Contemplates Return!

tlebar318
07-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Sosa says he'd return to MLB for right offer

By Enrique Rojas
ESPNdeportes.com

Thank God! I have missed him!:tongue:

As reported today on ESPN website....

Chicken Dinner
07-19-2006, 04:37 PM
He can play LF for the Giants when Bonds gets tossed in the can.

tebman
07-19-2006, 04:47 PM

:rolling:

...then I wiped my eyes and composed myself:

:whatever:

russ99
07-19-2006, 04:53 PM
Oh, good lord. Linky (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2524132) in English.

Quote: "I have rested physically and mentally. I'm completely recovered after so much time playing ball,".

Fifty bucks says he's dropped at least 15-20 pounds. I wonder why?

It's really nice that he now has his own plane. Maybe he can stash all the steroids in it.

Ol' No. 2
07-19-2006, 04:54 PM

By Enrique Rojas
ESPNdeportes.com

Thank God! I have missed him!:tongue:

As reported today on ESPN website....I'll give him an offer.:angry:

getonbckthr
07-19-2006, 04:57 PM
The Yanks should at least explore the option.

tlebar318
07-19-2006, 05:06 PM
The Yanks should at least explore the option.

He would look great patrolling RF at the Friendly Confines again! (no teal):D:

russ99
07-19-2006, 05:16 PM
He would look great patrolling RF at the Friendly Confines again! (no teal):D:

Now that would be hilarious. :D: Just desserts too.

Just think of all the tickets they'd sell

Fans would throw containers of cream and clear on the field instead of garbage.

Tekijawa
07-19-2006, 05:46 PM
Right offer would include:

Him being offered immunity to any past Steroid use

Him being allowed to use Steriods under a Grandfather clause, like the end of the spitball era.

He must play on a spanish speaking team, since his English is so bad that he can't talk to government officials.

No one can throw corks or rum bottles at himwhen he walks off the field.

TheOldRoman
07-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Fifty bucks says he's dropped at least 15-20 pounds. I wonder why?

Fifty bucks said he has added 20-30 pounds. When testing started last year, he dropped about 30 lbs of muscle "because he was getting older". He left because he was nothing without his steroids anymore. However, I'm sure he has since discovered HGH. If he does come back, he will come back 230 pounds of muscle, saying "I tol you I dinna take asteroids. Tess me all you wan."

07-19-2006, 06:10 PM
He can play LF for the Giants when Bonds gets tossed in the can.

:rolling:

PKalltheway
07-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Give it up Sosa. How does he think he will be good next year when he stunk last year, and is currently taking this year off? He's through. I don't see any team taking a chance on him.

cbotnyse
07-20-2006, 05:32 PM
:rolleyes: :cuss: :anon: :whatever: :talktothehand: :violin: :thud: I hate Sosa.

HotelWhiteSox
07-20-2006, 05:34 PM
http://i22.ebayimg.com/04/i/06/c4/04/b4_2.JPG

Why nobody tell me bout this ech-gee-ech?

http://www.alternativehealth.com.au/images/HGH.JPG

:nandrolone

I back. Now I can run to right to my people, and fight against my enemic

Foulke You
07-20-2006, 05:47 PM
Fifty bucks said he has added 20-30 pounds. When testing started last year, he dropped about 30 lbs of muscle "because he was getting older". He left because he was nothing without his steroids anymore. However, I'm sure he has since discovered HGH. If he does come back, he will come back 230 pounds of muscle, saying "I tol you I dinna take asteroids. Tess me all you wan."
Y'know this is what scares me. I could see this scenario coming to pass. Think about it, Sosa has been the smartest one of all the roid users as far as handling his PR. Why would he come back just to stink it up again and further the suspicion that he was a juicer? Perhaps he has found a new undetectable HGH like substance like Giambi seems to have found and is confident he can put up numbers. I hope you're wrong Old Roman but it is a plausible theory.

WizardsofOzzie
07-20-2006, 06:34 PM
Y'know this is what scares me. I could see this scenario coming to pass. Think about it, Sosa has been the smartest one of all the roid users as far as handling his PR. Why would he come back just to stink it up again and further the suspicion that he was a juicer? Perhaps he has found a new undetectable HGH like substance like Giambi seems to have found and is confident he can put up numbers. I hope you're wrong Old Roman but it is a plausible theory.

If by smartest you mean the only one that can pull off "forgetting English" then yes he is

thomas35forever
07-21-2006, 02:38 PM
:threadrules:
Think of all the Sham-ME jokes we could make if he returns!!!!!!!!!

TheOldRoman
07-21-2006, 02:51 PM
If by smartest you mean the only one that can pull off "forgetting English" then yes he is
No, Sosa was the smartest of the roiders. His "no habla" routine passed under the national radar. He was smarter than Palmeiro - he stopped taking roids. He then said "I am getting old, I can't lift like I used to, I lost a step, etc" to explain why he lost 30 lbs of muscle and couldn't hit worth a crap. He also didn't appologize for nothing like Giambi. Sosa realized he couldn't succeed without roids, so he got out without further tarnishing his "legacy". Meanwhile, McGwire wants to talk about the future, Bonds took steroids "accidentaly" and Palmeiro never took steroids, PERIOD.

nasox
07-21-2006, 03:19 PM
:threadrules:
Think of all the Sham-ME jokes we could make if he returns!!!!!!!!!

Nobody needs an excuse to make ShamME jokes. For example:

SOSA signed by Devil Rays for league minimum. Signing bonus of 8 vials of HGH and a corked bat.

The contract includes a clause that states if Sosa does not speak English at all, he gets alcohol swabs for free.

Or:

Sosa was released from rehab earlier today. He was admitted becuase of the tracks on his butt, which were later determined to be the result of HGH injections, and not heroin as was previously thought.

:bandance:

spiffie
07-21-2006, 03:59 PM
He wouldn't need to find an HGH that is undetectable. MLB has no test for it and they don't save specimens for future testing.

nasox
07-21-2006, 04:09 PM
He wouldn't need to find an HGH that is undetectable. MLB has no test for it and they don't save specimens for future testing.

Nobody has a test for it. You can only test for elevated levels of it, but that isn't foolproof since some natural body functions can elevate the levels of HGH in the blood.

FielderJones
07-21-2006, 04:38 PM
And of course, this thread would not be complete without ...

:corker